Thread: Cross fit?

nycdave is offline Junior Member

Cross fit?

Hey guys. I have worked hard to build up my physique where I can now bench 225 4x (with no assist). This was a big accomplishment for me and is the strongest I've ever been. My question: I just started a crossfit program at a new gym and the trainer there wants me to stop benching/lifting free weights outside of their classes - says in 6-8 weeks with him he can get me to 275 just by doing stretching and their cross fit program. Is this realistic?

My current program is doing a full body workout 3x per week with free weights. I mostly do compound movements like bench, squat, deads, military press etc. I try to go heavy as much as possible and I don't use a trainer. Crossfit would be a departure from this completely obviously. I have just started with this program and it is clear that I lack flexibility! I think it would probably increase my explosiveness as well. But I am not certain that the investment in cross fit training makes sense for me. Looking great and feeling great/being strong is my goal overall - I want to be jacked! Would like to hear opinions on this. My career is demanding from an hours per week perspective, so I am unable to participate in many other sports besides fitness currently. I am currently using an hrt dose of test cyp which has helped me make great strides lifting. Look forward to hearing opinions on this, you guys on this forum are great; extremely helpful to me

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    I love cross fit, but doing it only once sometimes twice a week, in the nature.

It is the best cardio for me, but I don't think that you can get massive from it, strength Yes!

I have it only as a cardio with my gym that is my priority!

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    u would sat its good for cardio/weight loss....as said muscle growth nit so much....but if it falls in line with ur goals ie losin weight go for it

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It matters your diet if you can get strength. Some cf there are alot of compound exercises.
    If you want the beach body look I would high recommend this

sgt2jay is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i am currently doing a cross fit/kick boxing/resistance bands and for me the results have been outstanding. i have no idea what i bench at the moment but ask your self this. what is more important lifting heavy or haveing the look you want. For me it doesnt matter if I can bench 50 or 500 i look in the mirror and i can see that i am growing as well as dropping BF.

That being said giver a go. what do you have to lose

nycdave is offline Junior Member
    Appreciate the responses guys. What probably makes sense is to supplement my standard weight training with cf. I definitely want the beachbody look, but don't want to give up any gains I have made in strength.

Maybe the cf trainer is right - perhaps he really can increase my bench weight over time. Will report back on how this goes.

Thread Information