Hephens is offline Member

gain muscle lose fat same time?

I had a friend asked me this question. Going off my experience i have tried to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, maybe the only time i was close when i was using HGH with AAS. But can it be done at the same time or not possible?

Another thing when people lean bulk they say they gained and loss fat when it came to skin folds. But really they didn't lose any fat just gained muscle and made there skin tighter?

Whats your thoughts.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Yes it is possiable guys do it all the time.Comes down to your diet and a fast metabolism helps.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    If you really dial in carb cycling but you really have to know your body i think.

Ive been trying it for years because i cant stand the bulk look with all the water and getting fat, Also I cant stand the getting small and dropping strength after working so hard for gains.

Doing it this way leads to a much longer road to meeting your goals. I am trying to come to terms with this.

Ive been on a slow slow pace of body recompostion

also holding at 12%bf i feel to large to bulk but if I cut id look like a turd with a shirt on.

Just my thoughts but many say its possible, maybe there is a faster way than what I am doing.

Ive read some pretty good lean bulkers and also ive read up on keeping anabolic in a cutting phase and the best ways to have minimal muscle loss.

Still stuck with slow body recomp

Emerald is offline Associate Member
    Check out Tom Venuto's theories on this subject. Solid science tells us its impossible to gain muscle and burn fat in the same moment of time. A surplus of calories is required to build and negative values to burn. But new info suggests it is possible.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    Check out Tom Venuto's theories on this subject. Solid science tells us its impossible to gain muscle and burn fat in the same moment of time. A surplus of calories is required to build and negative values to burn. But new info suggests it is possible.
    I disagree with his theory.... but yes generally he is correct TDEE + cals = gain / TDEE - cals = loss......... but there are ways around it. Not entirely but change up the percents lost/gained by a great amount. Many on here have done it

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by largerthannormal View Post
    If you really dial in carb cycling but you really have to know your body i think.

Ive been trying it for years because i cant stand the bulk look with all the water and getting fat, Also I cant stand the getting small and dropping strength after working so hard for gains.

Doing it this way leads to a much longer road to meeting your goals. I am trying to come to terms with this.

Ive been on a slow slow pace of body recompostion

also holding at 12%bf i feel to large to bulk but if I cut id look like a turd with a shirt on.

Just my thoughts but many say its possible, maybe there is a faster way than what I am doing.

Ive read some pretty good lean bulkers and also ive read up on keeping anabolic in a cutting phase and the best ways to have minimal muscle loss.

Still stuck with slow body recomp
    ^^ great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    No, we can't build muscle and burn fat at the EXACT same time, they are opposite processes, however in the context of what most people mean when they ask this question (i.e. can both goals be simultaneously pursued?), I believe without question the answer is YES - and calorie/carb cycling, as mentioned above, is key.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I stay lean year round and still add muscle to my frame but i am very in tune with my body and everything i consume is weight to the exact amount on my digital scale. Do i gain as fast as people that do a bulking cycle? Probably not but i get to stay lean all the time.

Hephens is offline Member
    Well when I was dieting I lost around 10% bf and actually gained 2kg of muscle. Well I only started gaining muscle when I introduced cheat meals or a carb up day cpl times week to my diet. So that was a surplus as to why I gain muscle in some of days as appose to burning fat.

But when I did hgh and was bulking my stomach far just disappeared.

BodyEnglish is offline New Member
    Im a total newb to the forum but have been lifting for one year and a half now. 5X5 Strength routines compound movements only. I realize that these are newbie gains, but I have managed both at the same time. From what I have read, the three instances that you can do both simultaneously are 1) Newb gains 2) Puberty 3) AAS. I should mention that I didn't actually pay attention to my diet.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Most.important things in getting bid or lean
    1. Diet
    2. Lifting
    3. Aas
    *cardio would move to #2 if your cutting or getting lean

Thread Information