hell911 is offline Associate Member

Experiencing DOMS again?

i have been training for over 1 year already, but from last mid december to mid january, i stopped working out and stopped following my diet.

this week i started again going to gym, but after 1 day i experienced extreme DOMS, is this natural? i thought i will not be experiencing this bec. i have been working out for long time.

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hell911
    i have been training for over 1 year already, but from last mid december to mid january, i stopped working out and stopped following my diet.

this week i started again going to gym, but after 1 day i experienced extreme DOMS, is this natural? i thought i will not be experiencing this bec. i have been working out for long time.
    Consistency is key. At least the doms won't be so bad and you'll get past it soon.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Pretty normal in my experience after a few weeks off. I usually ease back in the first 1-2 weeks back after a 2 week vacation. You should be back to normal soreness after 3-4 weeks.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    If you trained yesterday and your sore today its not DOMS. I always get DOMS bad in my legs not as much on any other muscle, its never gotten better for me lol

backcountryrider is offline Junior Member
    Quite frankly I like DOMS. You get DOMS when a muscle is not used to a specific stress. Training for that specific stress for which your muscles are NOT accustomed to is actually what promotes the muscle to grow and build resistance to it. This resistance built is thickened muscle fibres. (what you are trying to do). Once you stop getting DOMS your muscles are starting to develop resistance to your workout. (starting to become less effective). However, just because you don't get DOMS doesn't mean your muscles didn't get an efficient workout but I think it means it's not as good as when you got DOMS. Every time I get sore, I get gains. When I don't get sore, the weights and reps don't go up as fast. I try and seek fresh feeling workouts every week.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    I believe proper nutrition plays a big part in it

iSwanson is offline Junior Member
    I doubt it's DOMS if its been 1 day

Blog Entries
    I think your extreme DOMS was because you stopped and when you came back you went all out. I feel your pain. In the past when I have stopped and come back I try to take it a bit light and let my muscles ease back into things. When I was young I didnt know any better went balls to the wall and was extremely sore I couldnt even move, not fun.
    Recommend you supplement with BCAAs, creatine, etc and rest.
    -Cheers

Thread Information