Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Live for the PUMP

Thread: Where should I be hurting after deadlifts?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tupollo is offline Junior Member

Where should I be hurting after deadlifts?

Where should I be hurting after deadlifts?

Most of you may not hurt the next day after a workout but us newbies do. Usually I feel it the next day.On long 12 mile runs I hurt for a few days and cant walk.I love the deadlift in principal but I haven't done a lot of em in my life. I've been giving it a go here and there trying to get the right amount of weight off the ground for it to mean something. I'm trying to put on as much weight on the bar as i can bear while keeping proper form for low sets, low reps, but as heavy as I can lift. No more then 2- 4 reps per set.

So i get up to the bar that someone had left some weight on ....lets see...ughghgh....nope. So lets remove one of the plates from each side...ahh better...but now I'm doing 10 reps per set. Sure its not easy but its not that hard either. I know I can get what I want (worn out and good exertion) by repetitively lifting the thing but thats not my goal. My goal is heavy with less reps (being the weightlifting strongman genius that I am) and its getting late so I call it a night.

Its the next day and I don't hurt anywhere. I know its not a rule that I have to hurt in order for me to accomplish something but as a newbie I should still be feeling the kinks out. where exactly am i supposed to feel it so i can recognize when my body is telling me I'm putting the work in on a deadlift?

Next time I lift ill add a little more weight till I get it right and if I still cant figure it out just do enough sets (keeping proper form) till I think I've had enough.
    Last edited by tupollo; 05-10-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Thread Information