Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    flyguy6661 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    616

    am i getting in enough rest ??

    okay so sometimes i may train 5 days or even 6 days streight with only 1 day off, am i over doing it ?
    this week has been
    sunday:legs
    today:chest & tri's
    tuesday: back & bi's
    wednesday:legs
    thursday:shoulder & traps
    friday : arms

    il sometimes try to have a day off every 3 days but i feel quite good and energetic and like i say sometimes am doing 6 days on with only 1 off, too much ???? each session lasting 50-70 minutes depending on muscle group

  2. #2
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,466
    what does your diet look like? i do not like taking days off but you have to listen to what your body is telling you. if you feel you need rest, take it, if not, keep on truckin!

  3. #3
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy6661 View Post
    okay so sometimes i may train 5 days or even 6 days streight with only 1 day off, am i over doing it ?
    this week has been
    sunday:legs
    today:chest & tri's
    tuesday: back & bi's
    wednesday:legs
    thursday:shoulder & traps
    friday : arms

    il sometimes try to have a day off every 3 days but i feel quite good and energetic and like i say sometimes am doing 6 days on with only 1 off, too much ???? each session lasting 50-70 minutes depending on muscle group
    unless you are advanced, one rest day per week is probably insufficient. not only do you need to rest your muscle groups, but also your CNS. Your session times look good, so kudos there.

    For me, three days on and one day off is intense, but it still gives me about 2 days off a week. I've been lifting since the Jurassic period, and would tie large rocks to both ends of tree trunks, so I could lift. And that's my "reason" for needing more rest for my CNS than some others. =)

  4. #4
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    unless you are advanced, one rest day per week is probably insufficient. not only do you need to rest your muscle groups, but also your CNS. Your session times look good, so kudos there. For me, three days on and one day off is intense, but it still gives me about 2 days off a week. I've been lifting since the Jurassic period, and would tie large rocks to both ends of tree trunks, so I could lift. And that's my "reason" for needing more rest for my CNS than some others. =)
    he is not lying about lifting since the Jurassic period, moses wrote about TR in one of the scriptures. i think he was spotting moses doing squats!

  5. #5
    RangerDanger830's Avatar
    RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,870
    I do 3 on and 1 off also and it isn't something I'd recommend to someone who doesn't have their fitness routine dialed in to their needs. Then again your time off depends on a lot of factors such as proper diet vs. inadequate diet, workout intensity, and workout style such as crossfit vs powerlifting.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cat Island
    Posts
    700
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by flyguy6661 View Post
    il sometimes try to have a day off every 3 days but i feel quite good and energetic and like i say sometimes am doing 6 days on with only 1 off, too much ???? each session lasting 50-70 minutes depending on muscle group
    If you feel good, energetic, and are seeing continuous gains no need to change anything.

  7. #7
    Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Asia but not Asian.
    Posts
    1,623
    I do 5 on 2 off. Works great with Monday feeling real refreshed.
    Each muscle 2x a week

    The reality is I took 4 days off for a trip to Korea. I found my body making me want to sleep every chance it got. Got back and had huge (for me) gains on tricep + biceps. Was I not taking enough time off? I think either that or my muscle rotation overlapps muscle groups too much:

    M+Th Chest Biceps
    T+F Shoulders + Tricep
    W Lats Back Traps
    M-F Legs Abs (Kicks in pool scissor and dolphin)

    Maybe over training but those 4 days of rest really gave great improvements to the Bi and Triceps. If I would not have taken the 4 days off I would have been slow and steady keeping on keeping on and never had a question.

  8. #8
    Gaspaco's Avatar
    Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier
    I do 5 on 2 off. Works great with Monday feeling real refreshed. Each muscle 2x a week The reality is I took 4 days off for a trip to Korea. I found my body making me want to sleep every chance it got. Got back and had huge (for me) gains on tricep + biceps. Was I not taking enough time off? I think either that or my muscle rotation overlapps muscle groups too much: M+Th Chest Biceps T+F Shoulders + Tricep W Lats Back Traps M-F Legs Abs (Kicks in pool scissor and dolphin) Maybe over training but those 4 days of rest really gave great improvements to the Bi and Triceps. If I would not have taken the 4 days off I would have been slow and steady keeping on keeping on and never had a question.
    You overtrain buddy IMO.

    Thats not bodypart twice a week, you are doing tris and delts 4 days in a row...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •