Thread: 10x10 program

BeeStung is offline Associate Member

10x10 program

has anyone had experience with the 10x10 program. my girl kinda wanted to do it and its fine but theres some things i want to change. like rather then doing a 5 day phase and then a 3 week phase. i would like to try to just do 2-3 exercises per muscle group for 10 sets of 10.
    im just trying to get opinions.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Sorry, the only time I've heard of sets being near that high, was for max-strength training, like during periodization training for sports. But with fewer reps and longer rest periods.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeStung View Post
    has anyone had experience with the 10x10 program. my girl kinda wanted to do it and its fine but theres some things i want to change. like rather then doing a 5 day phase and then a 3 week phase. i would like to try to just do 2-3 exercises per muscle group for 10 sets of 10.
    im just trying to get opinions.
    I think any program such as your 10x10 can be effective. I think after 8-10 weeks though with a a lot of volume like that you will be ready to switch to something else. For me personally for continued gains I keep my routines mixed up,,,never staying on the same one for too long.

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like German volume training. I got on a kick with that a few years ago. I believe they use it for the 3 major lifts. Can't remember the specifics- not a big fan though

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    I think they cycle percentages of one rep max. 50,55,& 60%maybe?

Logical1 is offline New Member
    10X10 training is exactly what I do.... It's been working great for me. I started in sept last year and with diet it's been working to my personal satisfaction.
    Im not using it for strength training, it's more for caloric burn and overall conditioning. Your mileage may vary. I also do cardio on my off days.
    Sunday legs (10 sets of 10) squats, extensions, leg curls and calf raises. (Legs are smoked for 3 days.
    Monday is rows, lat pulls and rotator cuff
    Tuesday is usually abs and biceps, again these are 10X10 using any isolating exercise variations.
    Wednesday cardio, elliptical or stationary bike. 40 min
    Thurs is back day with dead lifts, sumo's and back extensions
    Friday rest of do a little 20 minute statinary bike at home
    Saturday is chest and triceps....10X10 again and weekday mixing flys, dumb bells and barbells.
    Again your mileage may vary....
    Eat right.... Lose weight in the kitchen and get fit in the gym

flip888 is offline New Member
    I've tried this before but only for a couple weeks. For whatever reason I felt like the workouts were not working optimally for me. My advice is to try it and see for yourself

Thread Information