Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier
  • 1 Post By jjsevens

Thread: Weight increases

jjsevens is offline Associate Member

Weight increases

The training program I'm on requires you to increase weight every 2 weeks by 5-10lbs. depending on the exercise.

From your experience on cycle, what kind weight increases have you experienced over a 12 week cycle?

I'll be starting 12 week cycle of 500mg of test per week, and finishing off with 60mg ed of anavar for 8 weeks. I know eveyones different, but just curious of what I could expect.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    The training program I'm on requires you to increase weight every 2 weeks by 5-10lbs. depending on the exercise.

From your experience on cycle, what kind weight increases have you experienced over a 12 week cycle?

I'll be starting 12 week cycle of 500mg of test per week, and finishing off with 60mg ed of anavar for 8 weeks. I know eveyones different, but just curious of what I could expect.
    Weights or body weight?
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Richard Cabeza is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Weights or body weight?
    I think he meant weights because 5-10lbs body weight every 2 weeks would be crazy lol

My lifts increased substantially, I'm ending my 6th week and already man my lifts have shot up almost every week I'm hitting PRs. This however can also be attributed to the fact that i had an injury and took time off and now that I'm fully healed and able to lift properly and evenly on both sides the added support and stability I'd imagine factors into those strength gains as well as the test cycle

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Until you reach 1:1 ratio of weight on bar to bodyweight anything is possible. Moving to over 1:1 you enter the world of CNS limiting. Read up on Mark Henry and his deadlift lifts and how CNS recovery makes a maximum lift fluctuate depending on the last time you "broke" the true CNS barrier.

IF you are working out consistently before cycle and you put in enough reps each week 5 lbs is easily obtainable per week for the major full bar lifts. You are not going to bump curls 5-lbs a week for more than a few weeks.

Reps build the CNS. CNS will ALWAYS be the plateau that cannot just be "crushed".
    Nogbad the bad likes this.

Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Agree with Chicagotarsier.After app.9 weeks on cycle,my bar curl has increased by 10 kilos,but my leg press has increased by 6 plates=150 kilos.

jjsevens is offline Associate Member
    Sorry guys, ya was referring to increases in weights.

Ya my program increases upper body lifts by 5lbs. and lower body lifts by 10lbs. every 2 weeks. So bicep curls you'd be upping the weight by 2.5lbs each side, squats, 5lbs. each side.

I'm hoping with the boost I get on cycle I can up my weights weekly, however I'm trying to cut on this cycle, so not sure if that will hinder my strength gains.
    Richard Cabeza likes this.

Sorry guys, ya was referring to increases in weights.

Ya my program increases upper body lifts by 5lbs. and lower body lifts by 10lbs. every 2 weeks. So bicep curls you'd be upping the weight by 2.5lbs each side, squats, 5lbs. each side.

I'm hoping with the boost I get on cycle I can up my weights weekly, however I'm trying to cut on this cycle, so not sure if that will hinder my strength gains.
    The cut mighr affect it but it might not, just depending really on the cycle and how you're cutting, if you're gonna do a drastic cut then yeah strength for sure will be affected but if its just a small cut spread over a 12 week cycle you can still build strength imo

Thread Information