Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By fiddlesticks
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By fiddlesticks

Thread: Growth & recovery on gear questions

kbunyan is offline Associate Member

Growth & recovery on gear questions

I have experienced more growth by working out only 3 days a week. And it makes sense to me due to central nervous system and muscle recovery being anywhere between 48 and 72 hours. Does the CNS recovery change on gear ? or is it just muscle recovery that speeds up ? if so how fast ?

Thanks for expert input.

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    This factor is limited primarily by calorie intake.

That being said when I'm taking sdrol and eating very high calories a "training schedule" seemingly goes out the window and I can do whatever the hell I want.
    EDCG19 and sv.elia like this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    This factor is limited primarily by calorie intake.

That being said when I'm taking sdrol and eating very high calories a "training schedule" seemingly goes out the window and I can do whatever the hell I want.
    Couldn't have explained it better myself.. it all comes down to the diet and are you fed enough to recovery
    fiddlesticks likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Couldn't have explained it better myself.. it all comes down to the diet and are you fed enough to recovery
    All successful pros will say the exact same thing, no matter what drugs routines etc they are doing you absolutely cannot train hard enough for optimal results without enough cals.

People wanna get complex and say muscles depleted of glycogen blah blah, the simple way to see it is that your brain tells your body to stop. Period.
    EDCG19 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    All successful pros will say the exact same thing, no matter what drugs routines etc they are doing you absolutely cannot train hard enough for optimal results without enough cals.

People wanna get complex and say muscles depleted of glycogen blah blah, the simple way to see it is that your brain tells your body to stop. Period.
    I do understand a bit. But care to elaborate please?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kbunyan View Post
    I do understand a bit. But care to elaborate please?
    The short version is your body has very complex systems that interact with eachother to prevent you from being in a position that would be poor for survival. You absolutely positively cannot train hard enough to cause muscle growth at a high level without sufficient calories due to this system. All the drugs in the world will not overcome this obstacle nor physiologically could they.

Large muscle mass requires significant blood flow which requires significant calories to heat.
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 03-12-2019 at 11:56 PM.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    a car engine needs fuel to keep running. so makes sense to keep giving it fuel to keep it going.. but that is NOT recovery per se. in order for that engine to cool off it doesn't need more fuel, its needs turned off.

same with nervous system recovery. this is why we need sleep (lack of sleep will lead to a faster death then lack of food). our CNS needs turned off and down regulated for recovery. feeding it more and more food does not recover it. in fact more food can stress the system out even more. we don't need the extra burden and stimulus of digesting food when the system wants/needs to shut down and recover. digesting food is a metabolic demanding process to the body. sleeping and going without food (we don't eat when we sleep) is the best form of CNS recovery.

also. some drugs can help with recovery for sure. but again its like food. it helps with certain types of recovery, and thats mainly protein building recovery.. too much drugs on the other hand can actually hinder CNS recovery (eg., lets see how well your CNS recovers with no sleep on a gram of Tren ). most steroids help with recovery in the aspect that they upregulate protein synthesis and help build proteins (as well as ATP and CP up regulation, ie, muscle energy) , NOT in that they help the CNS (most androgens have a stimulatory effect on the CNS and can hinder its recovery)
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 03-13-2019 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    a car engine needs fuel to keep running. so makes sense to keep giving it fuel to keep it going.. but that is NOT recovery per se. in order for that engine to cool off it doesn't need more fuel, its needs turned off.

same with nervous system recovery. this is why we need sleep (lack of sleep will lead to a faster death then lack of food). our CNS needs turned off and down regulated for recovery. feeding it more and more food does not recover it. in fact more food can stress the system out even more. we don't need the extra burden and stimulus of digesting food when the system wants/needs to shut down and recover. digesting food is a metabolic demanding process to the body. sleeping and going without food (we don't eat when we sleep) is the best form of CNS recovery.

also. some drugs can help with recovery for sure. but again its like food. it helps with certain types of recovery, and thats mainly protein building recovery.. too much drugs on the other hand can actually hinder CNS recovery (eg., lets see how well your CNS recovers with no sleep on a gram of Tren). most steroids help with recovery in the aspect that they upregulate protein synthesis and help build proteins (as well as ATP and CP up regulation, ie, muscle energy) , NOT in that they help the CNS (most androgens have a stimulatory effect on the CNS and can hinder its recovery)
    Makes a lot of sense. So sleep is the only way to recover CNS ?

Thread Information