Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Adrian Peterson spanks own kid, found guilty

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    If repeated spankings were so effective then why they repeated?

Yeah, that's a good question, although many here have said they were only spanked once and then never did whatever again. I seem to remember having read that elevated cortisol, and the suppression of both fight AND flight, in addition to pain (even if it is not crossing into abuse) create enough of a whirlwind in the body and brain that it's tough to make an argument that this is a good frame of mind for learning to occur.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i got spanked repeatedly because it took me a while to learn my lesson. i eventually learned! and now that I am an adult, i still like to get spanked!
    thisAngelBites and Euroholic like this.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    There is a line where spanking crosses over into abuse, I personally think that line was crossed here. JMO
    Also as far as courts steeping in someone has to protect children as they are incapable of protecting themselves. They are defenseless. His defense was it was how he was raised and all he knew- well that is BS cause I had my ass beat as a kid and I damn well know better than to do it to my children.

Ah, it was only a well meaning gentle swat to the buttocks, intended to teach, as loving parents do with regularity.

I think one of the things that has come out of this is that it is important to realise that spankings sometimes escalate and are no longer spankings.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00
    i got spanked repeatedly because it took me a while to learn my lesson. i eventually learned! and now that I am an adult, i still like to get spanked!
    I've seen post with vid from either a movie or a commercial re: safe word. It's really funny. The guy thought he was only getting spank. Hahahaha. Hahahahaha
    Last edited by GirlyGymRat; 09-15-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    RaginCajun likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Here's how I see it..... A "spanking" is acceptable. I do not mean to the point of making a child bleed. Spankings should be reserved for the worst of times.

As a parent you have a duty to instill good qualities in your child. It's your job to teach them right from wrong. You start this very early on and if you keep on it they learn pretty quick. Along the way they will test you..... But the spankings are reserved for those things that they KNEW they shouldn't do and do anyways. If you constantly hit your kids it won't have any affect and if anything can teach them that hitting is okay. When you save it for the worst of behaviors it has a way more powerful affect.

Again it's not to physically hurt your child.... It's the "shock" factor and they learn not to doit anymore.

Hitting is not a primary teaching tool
    lovbyts likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup
    There is a line where spanking crosses over into abuse, I personally think that line was crossed here. JMO
    Also as far as courts steeping in someone has to protect children as they are incapable of protecting themselves. They are defenseless. His defense was it was how he was raised and all he knew- well that is BS cause I had my ass beat as a kid and I damn well know better than to do it to my children.
    ^^^^ I agree with this..... I was hit with belts and switches and shit..... I won't use one on my daughter.

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    ^^^^ I agree with this..... I was hit with belts and switches and shit..... I won't use one on my daughter.
    I am with you on this I only used my hand and most of the time is was pretty gentle. My dad on the other hand looked like f*****g ZORO when he whipped his belt off.
    lovbyts and DOSA like this.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101

I am with you on this I only used my hand and most of the time is was pretty gentle. My dad on the other hand looked like f*****g ZORO when he whipped his belt off.
    Lmao that shit made me laugh..... That's how my old man was sometimes. He was good with flicking a dish towel too

- Knockout_Power

2iron is offline Associate Member
    I currently have a 4 yo and a 3yo 14months apart. They both weigh roughly 45lbs. (My younger is big) any how. I discipline with spanking. My personality is a fly off the handle type. So when I spank my kids I am regrettably in wrong frame of mind. And still I have yet to spank my kids with anything other than my hand on there butt. They are just to small.

Ap beat his kid. He has to be sick to not realize the type of fear and pain he inflicted.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Dad use to hit me and lock my sister in a room in the dark for a day or 2 with just some water. Both methods were not very effective because once it happens you know you can go threw it again. So the only way to keep punishing the child is to up the intensity. Which the parent usually backs down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Here's how I see it..... A "spanking" is acceptable. I do not mean to the point of making a child bleed. Spankings should be reserved for the worst of times. As a parent you have a duty to instill good qualities in your child. It's your job to teach them right from wrong. You start this very early on and if you keep on it they learn pretty quick. Along the way they will test you..... But the spankings are reserved for those things that they KNEW they shouldn't do and do anyways. If you constantly hit your kids it won't have any affect and if anything can teach them that hitting is okay. When you save it for the worst of behaviors it has a way more powerful affect. Again it's not to physically hurt your child.... It's the "shock" factor and they learn not to doit anymore. Hitting is not a primary teaching tool
    Time to close this thread now. Where u been????

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I swear, some people(quite a few) should not have kids

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Let me start out by making one thing clear. As for this case we are talking about with the 4yr old and the pictures I have seen. This IS abuse. He went way over the line and did this out of anger/rage and in no way is this anything that I would ever consider acceptable for any age child, OK?

Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Let's not get sidetracked by casting aspersions rather than making material arguments. But just to satisfy you: there's no physical punishment in my history. Although I do have a bias to declare: I'm always on the side of the thinking that is in accordance with the best evidence that I have been able to find. What's your bias about?

My Bias is from seeing people who are so polarized at thinking they are right and everyone else is wrong, and they who wold should do/think like they do. I play devils advocate on this forum a lot but ask most everyone I am open mined and easily swayed with facts.

There are many, many adults with whom who you cannot sit down and reason - I see it everyday on this forum, just for starters, not to mention everywhere else. Even in this thread, most people are just asserting things are true because they think so. So I presume from this that your position is that we should hit people who can't be reasoned with? What about adults who are developmentally disabled? Should they be hit in order that they might learn things they can't learn through reason?

They need dealt with on a case by case. Some need care/monitored/reminded constantly, some need to be in a special facility and some may need restrained most of the time.

Yikes, children should be treated/trained like dogs before they can talk/understand? And once they start to speak we can treat them like human beings? I'm not sure what to make of this. Dogs don't use language to communicate with humans, so I don't understand the point of this.

Have you not hear any of the millions of times they compare a dogs or puppy IQ to a small child? That's my point, at some age usually 2 or 3 their mental capacity or understanding is similar so training or attention getting is similar as in repetitiveness and reward. I dont think you should give a kid a milk bone for doing something good though.

Interestingly, when I was looking at research on this topic, I skimmed past an article that began "Using punishment during dog training leads to increased aggression", although I did not stop to read it. But given the human psychology articles I read, it's not surprising.

You're confusing punishment with abuse again. There is a big difference.

Maybe some force is required for training, but then I don't think people are the kind of thing that ought to be "trained" and perhaps this is the locus of the disagreement. I think this idea should be relegated to the start of the industrial revolution where it was in its prime because there was a desire to turn starving people into compliant factory workers who did as they were told and were fungible. There was little concern for them as people, and I don't see it as being applicable to children.

I agree that there is a difference between spanking and abuse, although sometimes the line is blurred. Let me say again that I am in favour of parents being able to spank their children without intervention from the law. My claim is only that the evidence seems to show that spanking gets obedience from children at a cost. I think parents should be able to decide whether it's worth the cost. I don't disagree with this at all.

My mom used a ping pong paddle. Damn that thing stung. My dad used the belt, only 2 times I can remember and 1 time he made me go out and choose a branch off the weeping willow tree. I dont remember that one being very bad, it was more of a scare tactic and worked. lol

I only use my hand when spanking the wife.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

Time to close this thread now. Where u been????
    Working! A ton.....

I just left last night for North Carolina. Will be here for a few days. I just got back from 5 days in Florida a week ago.... And in August I was in Puerto Rico for a week. There was also a 2 day trip to Ohio in there somewhere.

The hardest part about this job is maintaining any kind of a diet. It's killing me

- Knockout_Power

Lovbyts said: My Bias is from seeing people who are so polarized at thinking they are right and everyone else is wrong, and they who wold should do/think like they do. I play devils advocate on this forum a lot but ask most everyone I am open mined and easily swayed with facts.

Some people responded to this thread with their singular experiences, and that's great, but I mentioned studies and what I understood the larger patterns to be, because it's well-known that no person's experience universalises. I'd love for you to make some intelligent claims about the empirical research in this area about what works best with children, especially as it relates to spanking being positive, but unfortunately for me, you don't appear to be interested in that kind of exchange.

Instead of any reasoned discussion in response to my posts, you reply with snarky stuff instead of addressing what I actually wrote, letting me know that for some strange reason you're searching for some emotional cause for why I say what I do (when I explained my position in my first post). And I'll give you a hint about people that you're convinced only care about being right (since you think that's the case here): the best way to deal with them is to actually rebut what they say and show them to be wrong. And I don't mean the blatantly crazy stuff like all the people that did those hundreds of studies are totally biased because none of them came to the result you like, and anyway they are ruining the world, but you're very open minded, ask anyone. I have noticed this is a very common pattern with people who can't make any genuine headway in a discussion. The people who make substantive claims and genuine rebuttals involving reasons instead of just thinking that every thought they ever had was true never say this type of thing.

I completely get that you reject all the studies done in this area because you think the many researchers are all biased, and that you just know what children need, because...well, you didn't say. I take that to mean you think you know just because you do, end of story. Surely what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. There's nothing anyone can say to someone who thinks they are right just because they are sure they are and even though that's similar to your criticism of me, I'm happy to just leave it be. If you change your mind, and decide to have a look at the studies with that open mind of yours and want to defend spanking (not abuse) with regards to evidence, I'll be happy to recommence.

(and I'd be happy if anyone else wants to defend spanking in a well-reasoned, empirical way - I think it would be interesting)

As a parent you have a duty to instill good qualities in your child. It's your job to teach them right from wrong. You start this very early on and if you keep on it they learn pretty quick. Along the way they will test you.....
    I agree with all this, and your view sounds pretty reasonable, but I think it can be done without spanking (and it has been, at our house). For me, and based on the evidence I have looked at, I am not convinced that spanking doesn't have broader implications and I don't see any reason to risk the negative correlations that the researchers find, and since I don't have to, I don't.

It doesn't quite sound like you think spanking is necessary to achieve those aims with children, but I'm not sure, although I am curious.

I wonder if there is anyone reading here who spanks, who was not themselves hit as a child?

One word. VALIUM.

OK and one piece of scientific proof. Look at society/kids today compared to when spanking was the norm. Day vs night.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-16-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    thisAngelBites likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Working! A ton..... I just left last night for North Carolina. Will be here for a few days. I just got back from 5 days in Florida a week ago.... And in August I was in Puerto Rico for a week. There was also a 2 day trip to Ohio in there somewhere. The hardest part about this job is maintaining any kind of a diet. It's killing me
    That's a lot of travel away from family

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Working! A ton.....

I just left last night for North Carolina. Will be here for a few days. I just got back from 5 days in Florida a week ago.... And in August I was in Puerto Rico for a week. There was also a 2 day trip to Ohio in there somewhere.

The hardest part about this job is maintaining any kind of a diet. It's killing me
    Did you get any bitches with big asses in Puerto Rico?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    OK and one piece of scientific proof. Look at society/kids today compared to when spanking was the norm. Day vs night.

Ok, you have to be trolling now, because it's impossible that anyone is that daft.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat

That's a lot of travel away from family
    I know :-/ once I get back I think ill be grounded in jersey again for a bit. We've got nothin in the works that requires a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong

Did you get any bitches with big asses in Puerto Rico?
    Lmao they were everywhere but no. Funny story tho.....

I was on the beach with my coworker and decided to take a walk down the beach. It was a beautiful beach with women everywhere. So I start walking and hit a dead patch of beach. It was weird.... Like a 200 foot stretch that no one was on. On the other side of it was house music blasting so I wanted to check it out. I called back home to speak to my family while I was walking. I get to the other side and while on the phone I hear all this whistling. I look..... It was a gay party. Couldn't have been a gay beach but probably like 75 dudes with a good 30 people looking at me walk by haha. I felt like a piece of meat :-( lmao!

It was funny tho..... I tried to get my coworker to go down that way but couldn't convince him haha

- Knockout_Power

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    one guys kid graduating from day care to kindergarten. A fvcking ceremony? Really? Give me a fvcking break. how fvcking stupid is that? and graduating from elementary school? and junior high?
    Drives me f'n nuts. Celebrating mediocrity.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    I've seen post with vid from either a movie or a commercial re: safe word. It's really funny. The guy thought he was only getting spank. Hahahaha. Hahahahaha
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-2dN9E8vPk
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You loved it ! High light of your trip! !

I know :-/ once I get back I think ill be grounded in jersey again for a bit. We've got nothin in the works that requires a trip.

Lmao they were everywhere but no. Funny story tho.....

I was on the beach with my coworker and decided to take a walk down the beach. It was a beautiful beach with women everywhere. So I start walking and hit a dead patch of beach. It was weird.... Like a 200 foot stretch that no one was on. On the other side of it was house music blasting so I wanted to check it out. I called back home to speak to my family while I was walking. I get to the other side and while on the phone I hear all this whistling. I look..... It was a gay party. Couldn't have been a gay beach but probably like 75 dudes with a good 30 people looking at me walk by haha. I felt like a piece of meat :-( lmao!

It was funny tho..... I tried to get my coworker to go down that way but couldn't convince him haha

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

2iron is offline Associate Member
    Something I noticed in looking at pics again were the 4 yo has marks on back of his hands forearms. He was trying to protect himself and the hits kept coming.

Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post

Ok, you have to be trolling now, because it's impossible that anyone is that daft.
    Well we all know that since you are a woman (the jury is still out on that one) if you say the sun rotates the earth it must be true.

The one thing that does make me lean toward believing you are a woman is the fact you like to argue with someone even if they agree with you. Typical.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 09-17-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Well we all know that since you are a woman (the jury is still out on that one) if you say the sun rotates the earth it must be true.

The one thing that does make me lean toward believing you are a woman is the fact you like to argue with someone even if they agree with you. Typical.
    this is your way of admitting your argument is weak at best?

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post

this is your way of admitting your argument is weak at best?
    Prior post

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    I got my ass beat growing up and deserved every one of them...

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post

Agreed. If any of you walked past some kid getting hit like this and ignored his screams for help I would say you have some issues.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Does anyone know that last year Adrian Petersons kid with another women was killed by her current boy friend at the time? The bf beat him to death

So he should be even more sensitive to the subject. The NFL is imploding and years of letting these guys do what they want because they are freak athletes is coming back and biting them in the ass.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    well, I read all the above arguments and points of view. I will say this

My father was almost 300 pounds, and close to twice my size or more, the entire time I was growing up. Yes, I was a handful, i'll give him that. But his quick temper and undeniable lack of non violent disciplinary skills made him a tyrant. And he was worse when he drank, which was often. Fear was a part of family life, and how I felt about him. With such strong emotions in play, fear morphs into other strong negative emotions later in life. Although I do not act on my impulses (this is, after all, what separates us from animals, impulse suppression), my first impulse to conflict quite often is violence. It's what I learned from my father. And it took me many years to learn this control. It's like my body gives me a shot of adrenaline, my muscles tense, my heart races, and for a moment, sometimes my fists clench as if I'm going to take a swing. And then it's over in a split second.

Thanks dad,
    for teaching and training me that all the ass kickings you've generously bestowed on me in life is how I should deal with situations that don't go my way. It's really helped a lot, with all the fights I've gotten into, and all the trouble I've gotten into with the law.
    Your loving son,
    ---Roman
    Last edited by Times Roman; 09-19-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Umm... He beat a 4 year old with a tree branch..

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    My Dad used to whip me with a belt, my grandmother would hit me with a switch off a tree and my teachers used a wooden board. There was no "time out" when I messed up I would get a hurting. Made marks far worse than that picture. My grandmother was the one I feared the most. I can say that I always heard before hand, other than my teachers, that this is going to hurt me more than it will hurt you. Never understood it at the time. But I did see tears in both my grandmothers eyes and my fathers eyes sometimes.

People wonder why kids / younger generation are the way they are and it is due to not getting a hurting from people that loved me. Not to "hurt us" but to teach us. There are people that abuse kids and that is wrong but from what I have found, the people that got spanked and what not, ended up much better people for it.
    Agreed 100%.

There are no timeouts in the real world.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    I love how people are trying to justify beating up a 4 year old with a tree branch

Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    I love how people are trying to justify beating up a 4 year old with a tree branch
    They are not trying to justify it but give another perspective. Its not always abuse but I lean towards abuse or at least my excess when it leaves marks several Days later.

Blog Entries
    They are not trying to justify it but give another perspective. Its not always abuse but I lean towards abuse or at least my excess when it leaves marks several Days later.

He's 4. There's no other perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post

He's 4. There's no other perspective.
    In this case or any that leave marks like that no not really but that's not to say spanking is never right. As the saying goes, dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information