Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

Homeowners are allowed to shoot Police Officers in Indiana

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03...lice-officers/

Are you fvcking kidding me? I am in the LE field, and most of you think that my posts are gung ho Police and that police do not respect or carry out civil rights, but this shit? Seriously?

It might at well be like the fvcking Wild Wild West and give everyone a weapon and a license to kill.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    ok, well i dont like cops and i think that is ridiculous
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    ok, well i dont like cops and i think that is ridiculous
    What burns me up is the word "believe" in the article. If a homeowner "believes" an officer is trespassing or breaking a law, they're allowed to shoot them. Believe = someones opinion. This is beyond absurd.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think it's funny how the cops scream foul when the shoe is on the other foot. Might keep the jack boots from kickin doors and spraying down the hallway with bullets. Don't worry Bronzer it's all posturing anyway, it aint gonna happen.

DanB is offline Banned
    is there a reason for this change

like was certain cops abusing their power and walking into your house etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    What burns me up is the word "believe" in the article. If a homeowner "believes" an officer is trespassing or breaking a law, they're allowed to shoot them. Believe = someones opinion. This is beyond absurd.
    no i agree thats the real dangerous part.

Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post

the back story is.
    The cops responded to a domestic violence call. THe cops talked to husband and wife outside. She said he never put his hands on her. The wife went in the house. The husband followed and the cops tried to. The husband said they werent aloud to come in there house. The cop eventually pushed his way in and the husband attacked the cop for entering his house.

LOL Welcome to America Dan, where every police force is equipped with military equip and will gladly kick your door down and spray the neighborhood with bullets if they "believe" you are a turd. Then they get a slap on the wrist while they publicly disgrace the innocent civilians they've abused. It' a police state and the majority don't realize it......yet.

......not all police are like that......but it sure seems to lean that way.

DanB is offline Banned
    yeah i read that but thought there had to be more too it than that

Razor is offline Banned
    I respect the police or anyone who wears the shield

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    LOL Welcome to America Dan, where every police force is equipped with military equip and will gladly kick your door down and spray the neighborhood with bullets if they "believe" you are a turd. Then they get a slap on the wrist while they publicly disgrace the innocent civilians they've abused. It' a police state and the majority don't realize it......yet.

do they not need a warrant over there?

over here if they find anything in your house without a warrant or even step foot into your house without one, then any charges no matter what they are, must be thrown out of court, you can then claim for harassment and you will win. . . .

How would you feel is you entered my police department, acting belligerent and you were unwelcome, and I shot you in the chest, center mass- and killed you. Is that fair? I believe you were wrong and should have been entering, so I just shot you. See where I am going with this?

over here if they find anything in your house without a warrant or even step foot into your house without one, then any charges no matter what they are, must be thrown out of court, you can then claim for harassment and you will win. . . .
    for most they need a warrant. but if someone is in danger, or they are chasing they can enter. if they see something the can lock down the place and get a warrant to search based off what they see in plain site

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

unless they find it in the coarse of an emergency... point being they are at the house because of complaints, they hear screaming inside the house and enter to investigate, in the coarse of the entry they find other items that are illegal..

doh..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Razr. View Post
    That's how I was raised.....I realized that it was total bullshit, a badge doesn't mean shit!! You want my respect, you got a long road to travel, earn it!!

That's how I was raised.....I realized that it was total bullshit, a badge doesn't mean shit!! You want my respect, you got a long road to travel, earn it!!
    I agree, thats what my father taught me growing up. Then i meet cops and they i found most dont deserve any respect.

DanB is offline Banned
    I see, but over here it would take them far to long to get the warrant, couple days

And spywizard they still cant use it as evidence unless the reason they were there was to search for firearms drugs etc
    But that would give them reason for warrant, they cant even get warrant without sufficient evidence

There was major corruption here over the years and their hands and now tied on alot of things because of it

Razor is offline Banned
    When I was mugged at gun point. The 911 had a chopper overhead in 3 minutes and 5 sqaud cars there to save us and catch the guy. My Grandpa was a police officer and on of my close friends is an officer. Some of the best people I know

I don't feel like getting into all the technicalities of search & seizure but in Jersey- if you are able to prove that that it was an emergency, and there was no time to get a warrant- you will most likely be justified in a courtroom. Some examples- You're patrolling a neighborhood and you see and smell smoke coming from a house- you call the firemen departmant and run inside to help, after the fire is over and situation is under control- you realize there is a meth lab downstairs, you are 100% justified in arresting and charging that person with the crime, even though you didn't have a warrant. Another example is- you are patrolling a neighborhood and you hear a woman's voice screaming and crying in pain- you are allowed to run in the house out of an act of emergency. There is also a "Plain View" search which means if anything is visible in plain view, whether its a motor vehicle or or your house- you are allowed to search without a warrant. An example could be a joint or other paraphernalia visible through a window.
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 03-04-2012 at 02:48 PM.

I see, but over here it would take them far to long to get the warrant, couple days

And spywizard they still cant use it as evidence unless the reason they were there was to search for firearms drugs etc
    But that would give them reason for warrant, they cant even get warrant without sufficient evidence

There was major corruption here over the years and their hands and now tied on alot of things because of it

100% false. So if you pull a guy over for a DUI, and find an AK47 in his vehicle, he won't get charged because the initial stop and search was for a DUI?

Come on...

Motor vehicle searches and property (house/apartment) searches are different in some ways, but you can still use evidence or illegal contraband against them, even if your initial stop or search was irrelevant to what they were possessing.
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 03-04-2012 at 02:54 PM.

DanB is offline Banned
    I don't feel like getting into all the technicalities of search & seizure but in Jersey- if you are able to prove that that it was an emergency, and there was no time to get a warrant- you will most likely be justified in a courtroom. Some examples- You're patrolling a neighborhood and you see and smell smoke coming from a house- you call the firemen departmant and run inside to help, after the fire is over and situation is under control- you realize there is a meth lab downstairs, you are 100% justified in arresting and charging that person with the crime, even though you didn't have a warrant. Another example is- you are patrolling a neighborhood and you hear a woman's voice screaming and crying in pain- you are allowed to run in the house out of an act of emergency. There is also a "Plain View" search which means if anything is visible in plain view, whether its a motor vehicle or or your house- you are allowed to search without a warrant. An example could be a joint or other paraphernalia visible through a window.
    over here i could stand in front garden and smoke a spliff(i dont but know those that do) and garda (police) cannot do a thing

How would you feel is you entered my police department, acting belligerent and you were unwelcome, and I shot you in the chest, center mass- and killed you. Is that fair? I believe you were wrong and should have been entering, so I just shot you. See where I am going with this?

No, I don't see where you are going at all, your police dept is funded by tax dollars as is your whole dept, it's a public place, if I'm threatening your life then you probably would shoot me, but acting beligerent isn't a crime worthy of shooting as punishment........of course maybe it is nowadays, you tell me.

Entering private property without permission or in a hostile manner in many states will legally end you up in the morgue, why should LE be above that?

Listen Bronzer, I don't hate cops, I certainly don't hate you, what I hate is the authoritative stance and the absolute power that LE in this country has taken, if LE had 1/4 the power they have now it would still be too much. And for the record I think anyone who refuses to arm themselves should be charged a tax to pay their fair share of funding for LE in this country. LOL

We could go back and forth for days but I honestly believe we probably have as much in common as we have at odds, I don't want you to take any of this personally, my comments are aimed at a beuaracracy more so than an individual.

As far as that law goes........I don't think it changes much of anything for LE other than you'd better be gawdamned sure before you forcefully enter private property, the way I see it is that the douche bags who shoot cops are still gonna do it regardless of this law and the rest of us have absolutely no reason to shoot at you unless you kick my door down while I'm sleeping.

DanB is offline Banned
    100% false. So if you pull a guy over for a DUI, and find an AK47 in his vehicle, he won't get charged because the initial stop and search was for a DUI?

Come on...

Motor vehicle searches and property (house/apartment) searches are different in some ways, but you can still use evidence or illegal contraband against them, even if your initial stop or search was irrelevant to what they were possessing.
    yes your 100% correct on that but if they knock on my door to issue a summons and smell weed coming out of the house, they cant do a thing even though its obvious what is going on

simpliest way i could think of describing it

just different countries i guess.

When I was mugged at gun point. The 911 had a chopper overhead in 3 minutes and 5 sqaud cars there to save us and catch the guy. My Grandpa was a police officer and on of my close friends is an officer. Some of the best people I know
    There are some good ones but that doesnt mean they are all good and deserve respect.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I think people have had enough. How many cops lie their ass off? Justify illegal searches with lies and bvllshit. Hell I got pulled over once and was asked to exit the vehicle. Cop asked 4 permission to search - i said " i see no reason for that - no officer". He replied well you seem nervous and are sweating (which I wasnt). I said fine - if a judge will authorize a search based on that. He got pissed . He then walked to the window of my vehicle and said hmm that looks like marijuana crumbs on your seat and floor(it wasnt). They proceeded to rip my truck apart - the interior, the bed (which had a cap). They detained me the whole time. I was 2 blocks from work. Several coworkers including my boss saw me cuffed with 2 sets of cuff together behind my back - sitting on the curb behind my vehicle. Try explaining that away. What did they find? Not 1 damn thing.
    I dont know if I support this law but something needs to get these criminals with badges in check. If this is what it takes...well so be it.

btw - I should add I wasnt arrogant , confrontational or codescending to this cop (not that that should matter). This was quite some time before i was of the opinion that 80% of all cops are assholes and many simply criminals with badges that break the very laws they are paid to enforce. Hell cops shit on the very Constitution itself regularly.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 03-04-2012 at 07:20 PM.

NEMESIS RR is offline Associate Member
    I think it's funny how the cops scream foul when the shoe is on the other foot. Might keep the jack boots from kickin doors and spraying down the hallway with bullets. Don't worry Bronzer it's all posturing anyway, it aint gonna happen.
    I hope you or your family never have to call for police help. It is things like this that makes law enfor***ent harder at the expense of good, tax paying citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I think people have had enough. How many cops lie their ass off? Justify illegal searches with lies and bvllshit. Hell I got pulled over once and was asked to exit the vehicle. Cop asked 4 permission to search - i said " i see no reason for that - no officer". He replied well you seem nervous and are sweating (which I wasnt). I said fine - if a judge will authorize a search based on that. He got pissed . He then walked to the window of my vehicle and said hmm that looks like marijuana crumbs on your seat and floor(it wasnt). They proceeded to rip my truck apart - the interior, the bed (which had a cap). They detained me the whole time. I was 2 blocks from work. Several coworkers including my boss saw me cuffed with 2 sets of cuff together behind my back - sitting on the curb behind my vehicle. Try explaining that away. What did they find? Not 1 damn thing.
    I dont know if I support this law but something needs to get these criminals with badges in check. If this is what it takes...well so be it.

btw - I should add I wasnt arrogant , confrontational or codescending to this cop (not that that should matter). This was quite some time before i was of the opinion that 80% of all cops are assholes and many simply criminals with badges that break the very laws they are paid to enforce. Hell cops shit on the very Constitution itself regularly.
    It is horrible if you were subjected to such an intrusion without cause. This makes all law enforcment look bad. BUT you would be surprised how many cops go out of there way to give good citizens a break.

Blog Entries
    There are some good ones but that doesnt mean they are all good and deserve respect.
    Thay are public servants and first and formost men. They deserve no more respect than any other man. Their word should carry no more weight than another man. If they act disrespectfully - they dont deserve any respect. In fact much like they profile - I profile the majority of them to be assholes till they prove otherwise. I , of course, dont treat them as such initially - but it is my true feeling. I have had a few mutually respectful interactions with law enfor***ent. I have also unfortunately had a few appaling ones as well.
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 03-04-2012 at 07:30 PM.

True

Quote Originally Posted by NEMESIS RR View Post
    I hope you or your family never have to call for police help. It is things like this that makes law enfor***ent harder at the expense of good, tax paying citizens.

I'll never understand this mentality.....I have a challenge for you....name me one reason why I would need the cops to help me out, maybe if I'm robbed at gunpoint....I'll put a wad cutter in the fvckers head then wait 20 minutes for the cops to show up and arrest me for defending myself, maybe if my wife is attacked....she'll shoot the fvckers dead too and then wait for the cops to show up and accuse her of wrongdoing, what if I break down in a bad neighborhood.....maybe, I have extra mags with me so I suppose I could wait an hour for them to show up and help. I know more about and spend way more time training with a hand gun than any cop yet they don't want us to carry guns and defend ourselves....why is that? Cops have 2 purposes....the imaginary war on drugs and filling out incident reports. Of course there's the old standby...."what if a cop hears a women screaming and rushes in to save her...blah blah blah", really!

Cops need to turn in their military grade equipment and stick to writing speeding tickets and keeping the roads safe, the war on drugs is an utter failure and represents one of the most abused poor excuses for abuse and misappropriated funds this country has ever seen.

Name me ONE reason I would need the cops to help me in an emergency situation and then explain to me EXACTLY how they would do it.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Thay are public servants and first and formost men. They deserve no more respect than any other man. Their word should carry no more weight than another man. If they act disrespectfully - they dont deserve any respect. In fact much like they profile - I profile the majority of them to be assholes till they prove otherwise. I , of course, dont treat them as such initially - but it is my true feeling. I have had a few mutually respectful interactions with law enfor***ent. I have also unfortunately had a few appaling ones as well.
    Most of them act "above the law," because they are. If they speed, who is going to give them a ticket? If they kick down your front door, they could easily say "I heard somebody screaming" and that'll pretty much justify it. These guys will lie through their teeth and get away with it. Try going to court to beat a bad ticket you didn't deserve. They're going to take the cop's word over you and any witness you can muster.

Now if there is a legal reasonable chance that cop is going to get shot if he enters your home, he's at least going to think twice before he tries to break the rules.

Blog Entries
    Name me ONE reason I would need the cops to help me in an emergency situation and then explain to me EXACTLY how they would do it.
    If someone somehow abducted your child (or any family member) - you would turn to law enfor***ent.
    I say this with some confidence as u and I seem to share some similar views to a degree...but I would in that situation.

I don't know how exactly the new Indiana law is worded but I'm assuming that the linked article was written with the sole purpose of inciting reactions from those involved. That being said, let's not forget the Bill of Rights:

Right of search and seizure regulated

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

If someone somehow abducted your child (or any family member) - you would turn to law enfor***ent.
    I say this with some confidence as u and I seem to share some similar views to a degree...but I would in that situation.
    Very true, but it proves my point that LE is 99 % of the time "after the fact"........and that is a damn good thing for LE to be working on instead of kicking down doors and arresting dopers. There is a need for law enfor***ent....I just don't believe it has anything to do with military style equip and training. The problem ultimately lies with the beaurocracy and the "thin blue line" that exists among the "troops"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Most of them act "above the law," because they are. If they speed, who is going to give them a ticket? If they kick down your front door, they could easily say "I heard somebody screaming" and that'll pretty much justify it. These guys will lie through their teeth and get away with it. Try going to court to beat a bad ticket you didn't deserve. They're going to take the cop's word over you and any witness you can muster.

Now if there is a legal reasonable chance that cop is going to get shot if he enters your home, he's at least going to think twice before he tries to break the rules.
    I totally agree ....

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Never had a bad experience with officers.

The way I see it, if an officer is at your home and wanting to come in ~ its not cuz he was driving down a street going "eeney meeney miney moe" and happened to pick your home ...there is a reason they show up ..drugs child porn child or spouse endangerment or possibly a freezer full of body parts to snack on later etc... but if you’re an innocent person with nothing to hide and done nothing wrong you shouldn’t care if they come in or are following up on a report.
    Yea some officers could be pricks or having a bad day, h3ll their just average Joes like the rest of us but the only people I have met in person that have an issue with officers are the ones that have an issue that officers need to address ~ for safety of the rest of us

ooooor just get a better lock lol Attachment 120869
    Last edited by SexySweetheart; 03-04-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: pix not showing

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    I have met some nice ones and a few pricks.Luckly more nice than the other.Being a truck driver I have had my fair share of run ins with them.But I always showed a good attitude.So I can say I have been lucky.But I did get screwed over by a couple of bad cops one time.That left me feeling like sh1t.But such is life.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Shit I was driving on an over ramp, me and the highway patrol man pass each other.. I had a built up Honda hatchback( which cops harass for cuz they are always modified )

He flips it pulls me over and gives me a ticket for everything... I'm like what the hell.... Ugh he was a total asshole...

I was nice to the officer even asked to see the radar cuz I didn't believe, more like car profiled me.. He stated NO

So we go to court and you guys are right the judge will be believe him no matter what...

He says I see him coming and estimate him going 45 and at that point turn on my radar and locked on his car and clocked him at 43

I started to laugh, I told the judge ok all that within the 3 seconds we passed each other since it was an over ramp we where on each others view for a few seconds at the top...

I still had to pay the fines but didn't get no points ugh assholes lol

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    But with that being said I have a good friend that is a cop here in Stockton Ca.. Rated number 1 for crime... He even stated to me he would take his aggressiveness home, which lead to
    His divorce.. he has killed someone even, he
    Comes by my home sometimes and my neighbors be tripping cuz we be outside talking and come over and ask everything ok lol

I'll never understand this mentality.....I have a challenge for you....name me one reason why I would need the cops to help me out, maybe if I'm robbed at gunpoint....I'll put a wad cutter in the fvckers head then wait 20 minutes for the cops to show up and arrest me for defending myself, maybe if my wife is attacked....she'll shoot the fvckers dead too and then wait for the cops to show up and accuse her of wrongdoing, what if I break down in a bad neighborhood.....maybe, I have extra mags with me so I suppose I could wait an hour for them to show up and help. I know more about and spend way more time training with a hand gun than any cop yet they don't want us to carry guns and defend ourselves....why is that? Cops have 2 purposes....the imaginary war on drugs and filling out incident reports. Of course there's the old standby...."what if a cop hears a women screaming and rushes in to save her...blah blah blah", really!

Cops need to turn in their military grade equipment and stick to writing speeding tickets and keeping the roads safe, the war on drugs is an utter failure and represents one of the most abused poor excuses for abuse and misappropriated funds this country has ever seen.

1.) You're wife was just raped my group of men. She has very vague descriptions and doesn't know who they were. You cannot afford proper DNA testing to find out the perpetrators. You turn to LE to assist you..

2.) You have a really sick 3 year who is having trouble sleeping because there is a huge party going on next door, with music blaring. You asked the gentlemen nicely three times to turn the music down and they tell you to go fvck yourself. What do you do? You can't go beat them up because that is assault, and you couldn't claim self defense. So the only other option is calling the local police to write them a summons or lock them up for violating a town ordnance.

3.) Your sister has a really crazy boyfriend who never physicalling put his hands on her, but threatens her all the time. She is scared to leave her house. What do you do? If you lay a finger on him, you're getting booked. You call LE and have them file a TRO (temporary restraining order) until the court date. Your sister is safe and you're out of jail...

I could go on and on and on and on. ..

Ladies and gentlemen, one thing we need to realize is that there are asssholes in EVERY profession. I've had teachers in HS and professors in college that were unfair graders and were miserable people. I've met really arrogant lawyers and doctors who thought they were better than everyone. I've gotten into quite a few fights with Military guys in bars while bouncing because they figured that since they were military, they were able to act like a fool with zero repercussions. I've met some really fvcking creepy cab and limo drivers who strike me as pedophiles or rapists. I've met a few douchebagg cops who were on power trips and break balls when I was a teenager. The list goes on and on. At the end of the day, a person should be judge on their individual character instead of profession.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information