View Poll Results: "Same sex marriage" What is your opinion?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support marriage

18 19.57%
  • I support civil unions

7 7.61%
  • I don't support either

52 56.52%
  • I don't care either way

15 16.30%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    bump.......... so true..........

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I think you mean 50% of the members who voted. 30 people is not the entire board.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Umberto
    I have no problem with civil unions as long as gays dont get any kind of tax, insurance or any other benefits reserved for straight people. These INCENTIVES were created to help hold marriages together for the CHILDRENS sake. AND SHOULD BE RESERVED FOR HETEROSEXUAL COUPLES.

Society, family and the economy will suffer if Homosexuals are allowed these benefits.
    How will society suffer?

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I think you mean 50% of the members who voted. 30 people is not the entire board.
    exactly - its probably much higher than 50% - but you can be sure that those approving are weighing in on the thread, while many who dont, but it isnt a big issue (or dont come to this forum) havent voted

if its America - Ill bet ist more like 90%+ dont like the idea of marriage although a greater number would support civil unions of some sort

Exactly.......... and there is a movement that is starting, a growing devotion that is being prompted by the "Passion of the Christ"

I believe that many of these types of issues will be put aside, and in the next 6 years there will be a very big change in politics that will reflect in our society the desires of the Majority, and not so much to the outcries of the far left, and special interest.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    exactly - its probably much higher than 50% - but you can be sure that those approving are weighing in on the thread, while many who dont, but it isnt a big issue (or dont come to this forum) havent voted

if its America - Ill bet ist more like 90%+ dont like the idea of marriage although a greater number would support civil unions of some sort

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I agree with you........ I'm getting married this November and I don't feel that gay marriages would make my marriage have any less of a meaning.
    mudman never fails to impress me with unbiased intelligent logic. I agree whole-heartedly buddy.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Wow... long thread. I say let them marry, equal rights for all. Just my opinion.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Hey............. did you notice that over 50% of the members on this board... don't support either.......... same sex marriage, or same sex civil unions.........

Just information......................

Yah, I noticed. Not surprised, either.
    I figure there are about that many folks on the board who will vote to re-elect the folks who are stiffening the anti-steroid laws , too. Go figure.

--Tock

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Sometimes you got to give to get.It may be worth it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    I figure there are about that many folks on the board who will vote to re-elect the folks who are stiffening the anti-steroid laws , too. Go figure.

--Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Umberto

1) I have no problem with civil unions as long as gays dont get any kind of tax, insurance or any other benefits reserved for straight people.

2) These INCENTIVES were created to help hold marriages together for the CHILDRENS sake. AND SHOULD BE RESERVED FOR HETEROSEXUAL COUPLES.

3) Society, family and the economy will suffer if Homosexuals are allowed these benefits.

4) They do SHOULD have the right to live together, love one another . . . and not be the recievers of bigotry or hate. They are human beings too. They deserve respect and judgement based on their character aside from their sexual orientation.

1) Ok, so are you saying that the special tax advantages given to married straight people should be paid for (in part) by gay people?

2) With 50% divorce rate, I don't think those incentives are working very well.

3) How?

4) So . . . you're saying that gays should not be on the receiving end of bigotry, but they shouldn't get the same legal recognition and benefits as other folks get? Hmmm . . . .

--Tock

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Oh no....we are starting back at the beginning now....

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I think that gay people are human beings just like anyone else. Legally speaking they should have the right to get married like any other two human beings. Its not what I would do, but I think we were all put here by a creator that gave us a free will to make decisions in our life. One day we will have to answer to that creator but who am I to judge someone else? I will live my life by the morals I have and the decisions I make will be the best ones I can make with my limited knowledge and logic at the time.

Someone once said something like: Let those without sin cast the first stone.
    Last edited by scottp999; 03-01-2004 at 10:01 AM.

Ripp3D is offline Junior Member
    Same sex marriage......... Well i am married to the opposite sex of course, and i can tell U after ten years of being married every nite it feels like the same sex!!!! on a serious note though i am against all this gay marriage crap. I saw a funny picture on the news the other nite and it showed a guy with a posterboard saying " I want to marry my dog". Something completely funny to me was in that message.

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Although it is against my religion (Catholic) ...I do feel that the older I get the more that my interpretations of the bible have changed as well.....If two human beings find each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together.......................thats wonderful!!!

Well said, MJ. Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggum
    Well said, MJ. Well said.

****, I should've said more for my 100th post. What waste. Ah well...

--Tock
    Well, I did vote to let them marry (even though it's against my religion as well). I don't see how two people of the same sex, who end up getting married and being happy is going to effect me negatively. H ell, the more people that are generally happy in this world, the better.

tuna is offline Junior Member
    The reason that tax incentives exist is because to procreate is the ultimate continuation of the human race. And is a Huge responsability and expense that is paid for by straight sex couples.

who by there being straight continue the human race. The point about the fact that gay people pay toward these tax's but are then denied them does not hold up because no amount of tax insentives could ever come near to rec\ompensating the huge financial loses incured by raising children..So contributing toward these small tax breaks does not earn the wright to them, they are a token offerd to those who continue the human race and a very small token at that

Think not only of the financial cost of a family but the emotional cost the opportunities that are denied you and the life style changes that have to be made.

gay couples are not restrained by these factors and have a distinct advantage in terms of career and freedom of lifestyle.

So it is only fair that if by not continuing the human race you get certain advantages then by raising a family and continuing humanity some of the balance is restored.

What about gays that adopt,,, medical science is now so far advanced that gays could in theory have children..But this is not the way forward for society.

When bourn we cannot help the events that make us who we are or what gender we are attracted to or love. And I do not belive that people who do not hurt or obstruct society should be made to suffer or not given the same freedom as every one else,

But gays should not get tax breaks for marrying

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tuna

So it is only fair that if by not continuing the human race you get certain advantages then by raising a family and continuing humanity some of the balance is restored.

what about hetero couples who cant conceive yet they adopt children or have another women bare a child for them. They would get tax breaks because of being parents. Under your rule, they would not because "they can not pro-create"

Where do we draw the line under your system??
    abstrack@protonmail.com

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Let them live their lives. I just don't want my kid to see it !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tuna
    The reason that tax incentives exist is because to procreate is the ultimate continuation of the human race. And is a Huge responsability and expense that is paid for by straight sex couples.

who by there being straight continue the human race. The point about the fact that gay people pay toward these tax's but are then denied them does not hold up because no amount of tax insentives could ever come near to rec\ompensating the huge financial loses incured by raising children..So contributing toward these small tax breaks does not earn the wright to them, they are a token offerd to those who continue the human race and a very small token at that

Think not only of the financial cost of a family but the emotional cost the opportunities that are denied you and the life style changes that have to be made.

gay couples are not restrained by these factors and have a distinct advantage in terms of career and freedom of lifestyle.

What about gays that adopt,,, medical science is now so far advanced that gays could in theory have children..But this is not the way forward for society.

When bourn we cannot help the events that make us who we are or what gender we are attracted to or love. And I do not belive that people who do not hurt or obstruct society should be made to suffer or not given the same freedom as every one else,

Gay couples can have kids. Adoption, surrogate mothers, family donating an egg or sperm. Since that is the case, do you suggest that only gay couples that marry and have children receive tax breaks?
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 03-02-2004 at 07:42 PM.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Same sex marriage"  What is your opinion?-misc8.jpg  

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    TOCK WINS! HE TYPED MOST!

Ah, i really don't care what they do...It's wrong in Gods eyes, and I don't support it..But it's their business....let them die.
    Hell yeah, let the faggots die...

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    Since you're new to the board...

Read the rules. Comments like this will get you banned.

hope your stay at AR, as short as it has been, has been enjoyable.

Read the rules...no flaming...banning will be the result of such behavior. AR is a classier board than that bro.

peace,

ttgb

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Time changes, everything changes. Whether you want it to or not. You can hate change as much as you want, but you are better of getting used to it and accepting it.

Saying $hit like "let them all die" shows what an uneducated, immature and impure person you are. If you believe in heave, it is people like you who will go to hell. And if you don't, karma gets people like that. Maybe you'll get into a car accident and DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianMuscle
    Let them live their lives. I just don't want my kid to see it !!!!!!!!!

I can relate . . . I get grossed out, too, when I see heterosexuals carrying on (holding hands, kissing, snuggling, etc) in public. I mean, why do they have to be so *obvious??* It's like they have a bizarre desire to ANNOUNCE to the world what kind of sex they prefer . . . Really, I'd just as soon not know.

I don't mind the ones who aren't "that obvious," I mean, when they dress normal, like the ones in the underwear catalogs and stuff. But when they put on that weird polyester and open their shirts to their navels with gold chains and Elvis haircuts, man oh man, that's just flaunting it . . . going over the limits . . .

--Tock

I call bullsh-it here............

you get grossed out.........please you lived almost 20 years as a normal male...

then you decided you were gay............. and now you are grossed out/???

Please...... you were raised by a male and a female, went through school surrounded by normal relationships.....

So i call bullsh-it.........

I can relate . . . I get grossed out, too, when I see heterosexuals carrying on (holding hands, kissing, snuggling, etc) in public. I mean, why do they have to be so *obvious??* It's like they have a bizarre desire to ANNOUNCE to the world what kind of sex they prefer . . . Really, I'd just as soon not know.

I don't mind the ones who aren't "that obvious," I mean, when they dress normal, like the ones in the underwear catalogs and stuff. But when they put on that weird polyester and open their shirts to their navels with gold chains and Elvis haircuts, man oh man, that's just flaunting it . . . going over the limits . . .

--Tock

Rules

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    I call bullsh-it here............

you get grossed out.........please you lived almost 20 years as a normal male...

then you decided you were gay............. and now you are grossed out/???

Please...... you were raised by a male and a female, went through school surrounded by normal relationships.....

So i call bullsh-it.........
    You totally missed it. They're the same comments people make about gays "flaunting" their sexuality. He's being facetious.

You totally missed it. They're the same comments people make about gays "flaunting" their sexuality. He's being facetious.

Yah, that's it . . .

I guess this isn't the best medium for facetiousness (facetiousity?) . . .
    --Tock

Yah, that's it . . .

I guess this isn't the best medium for facetiousness (facetiousity?) . . .
    --Tock
    Droll'ness

hard to catch someone's tone of voice and sarcasm in their posts....

oh....... yea i missed it.......... hate when that happens.....

so if he was being facetious.. i should come back with sarcasim??

give me a minute...........

Rules

Superhuman is offline Banned
    I don't hate gay people, but homosexuality is definately wrong, according to the bible, and according to the moral, ethical, and religious character of the majority of people in the world. Decadence like this in America is what led to the fall of many, many world powers in history - namely Ancient Rome. Also, 3 members of my close family cam out of the closet... one of them was my grandfather. I used to sit on his lap when I was a little kid - I loved him. Now he is gay! That feels like betrayal. On top of that, he cam out right after his wife (my grandmother) died. I've also been hit on numerous times by gay guys. If they kept it to themselves and acted like normal people, I wouldn't care so much. But when they prance around like fairies and strut their stuff (the guy on that queer I for the straight guy show was on conan O' Brian and he war a sparkly shirt that had "I'm GAY" written on the front) it pisses me off. AND WHAT'S WITH THE LISPS?! Why do flamboyant gay guys have to talk with a kind-of lisp? "Oh it's just SUPER". FU(K THAT. I also believe that if in fact you ARE born homosexual, then it is a disease that you are able to cure, just like obesity. Some people are born fat... It can be fixed. Does anybody agree with anything I said?

because of vocal cord damage..................???

I don't hate gay people, but homosexuality is definately wrong, according to the bible, and according to the moral, ethical, and religious character of the majority of people in the world. Decadence like this in America is what led to the fall of many, many world powers in history - namely Ancient Rome. Also, 3 members of my close family cam out of the closet... one of them was my grandfather. I used to sit on his lap when I was a little kid - I loved him. Now he is gay! That feels like betrayal. On top of that, he cam out right after his wife (my grandmother) died. I've also been hit on numerous times by gay guys. If they kept it to themselves and acted like normal people, I wouldn't care so much. But when they prance around like fairies and strut their stuff (the guy on that queer I for the straight guy show was on conan O' Brian and he war a sparkly shirt that had "I'm GAY" written on the front) it pisses me off. AND WHAT'S WITH THE LISPS?! Why do flamboyant gay guys have to talk with a kind-of lisp? "Oh it's just SUPER". FU(K THAT. I also believe that if in fact you ARE born homosexual, then it is a disease that you are able to cure, just like obesity. Some people are born fat... It can be fixed. Does anybody agree with anything I said?

Rules

Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    Oh, and I guess you would know from personal experience about curing homosexuality, since your family has three gays in it already? Tell you what. Until you've turned a gay guy straight, you really can't back up that statement. You tell me when pharmaceutical companies have come up with a successful drug that alters a homosexual's brainwave pattern to heterosexual brainwaves. SOME gays can be cured, not all. This is only because some are gay because of a number of childhood traumas involving sexual molestation by another of the same sex. (actually they can't be cured, only suppress the behavior)
    I think that gays that convert to being straight were bisexual to begin with. Since they're attracted to both sexes they can commit to one or the other. I really don't think you can turn someone straight anymore than you can turn someone gay.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by SGFuryZ
    SOME gays can be cured, not all. This is only because some are gay because of a number of childhood traumas involving sexual molestation by another of the same sex. (actually they can't be cured, only suppress the behavior)
    EXACTLY! the man wins a prize - this is a rare admittance - by your own admission, "homosexuality" can be caused soley via behavioral trama - as apposed to genetics - now according to your assertion, it can never be cured (presumably the same as would be if genetically aquired) - yet the behavior can be surpressed (thus who would know if the person was homosexual since he no longer had gay sex?) Now I do not agree with the idea that they cannot be delivered because as I Christian I have known it to happen - but I will admit that those who have succeded say it was very tough.

Analogus to your fat people, even if there is a true "gay gene" similar to obesity - then it is quite rare, whereas most obese people are simply a result of bad behaviour they will not controll - more specifically, they are the result of predatory behavior that someone else would not control (perhaps their mother feeding them junk food at an early age) - but with great effort, they can certainly be delivered from it by changing their behavior - now does that mean a skinny person who used to be obese is only surpressing their true desire to suck down that twinkie?

EXACTLY! the man wins a prize - this is a rare admittance - by your own admission, "homosexuality" can be caused soley via behavioral trama - as apposed to genetics - now according to your assertion, it can never be cured (presumably the same as would be if genetically aquired) - yet the behavior can be surpressed (thus who would know if the person was homosexual since he no longer had gay sex?) Now I do not agree with the idea that they cannot be delivered because as I Christian I have known it to happen - but I will admit that those who have succeded say it was very tough.

Analogus to your fat people, even if there is a true "gay gene" similar to obesity - then it is quite rare, whereas most obese people are simply a result of bad behaviour they will not controll - more specifically, they are the result of predatory behavior that someone else would not control (perhaps their mother feeding them junk food at an early age) - but with great effort, they can certainly be delivered from it by changing their behavior - now does that mean a skinny person who used to be obese is only surpressing their true desire to suck down that twinkie?
    Apparently you totally ignored my post.

Another thing... Just because someone does not engage in the act of gay sex does not make them not gay. What would you call a man who is sexually attracted to men but does not act on that attraction? Would you call him straight? No, I'd call him a repressed homosexual.

I believe the "cured" Christians you refer to were bisexual to begin with so having a relationship with a woman is not an issue for them.

So......... insightful......

Rules

EXACTLY!

- but with great effort, they can certainly be delivered from it by changing their behavior -

Yah, but why bother if it ain't necessary?
    Lots of people are happy being gay, many are happily espoused, everyone would be happier if they were just left alone and extended the same legal rights everyone else has.
    It's essentially a religious conflict, boils down to Christians getting pissed off that folks are thumbing their noses at Lev. 18:22. "How Dare They!" they shriek. "Our God Will Not Be Mocked!"
    Well, I got news for 'em. We don't give a rat's ass what Leviticus says. It's your religion, you suffer with it. We got better things to do . . .
    --Tock

So......... the Gay population in the USA is what????? 3%???

Yah, but why bother if it ain't necessary?
    Lots of people are happy being gay, many are happily espoused, everyone would be happier if they were just left alone and extended the same legal rights everyone else has.
    It's essentially a religious conflict, boils down to Christians getting pissed off that folks are thumbing their noses at Lev. 18:22. "How Dare They!" they shriek. "Our God Will Not Be Mocked!"
    Well, I got news for 'em. We don't give a rat's ass what Leviticus says. It's your religion, you suffer with it. We got better things to do . . .
    --Tock

Rules

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information