Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse
  • 1 Post By Ashop
  • 1 Post By Beetlegeuse

Thread: Henry Cejudo vs. Amanda Nunes could be as big as Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member

Henry Cejudo vs. Amanda Nunes could be as big as Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather

BTW, Bobby Riggs placed a straw man bet on Billie Jean King and threw the match.

Kajan Johnson: Henry Cejudo vs. Amanda Nunes could be as big as Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather

Are you ready for this hot take?

By Shakiel Mahjouri Sep 18, 2019, 9:05am EDT

Kajan Johnson is convinced we will never see Henry Cejudo fight a woman inside the Octagon, but he is confident morbid curiosity would translate to pay-per-view buys.

Johnson mulled on the very unlikely possibility of Cejudo fighting Amanda Nunes on Wednesday’s episode of the Pull No Punches podcast. “I think it’s possible that Amanda Nunes sleeps him,” he said. “I don’t know if that would ever happen.”

“I don’t think a man fighting a woman is a healthy thing for either party. It’s kind of a lose-lose situation he would be putting himself in,” Johnson continued. “If Henry Cejudo fought Amanda Nunes this weekend, tell me you’re not going to watch it... People would definitely boycott and cause riots in the streets, but it would cause so much attention. Guaranteed. They would sell it out. They would sell it out for sure.”

If the fight were to ever happen, Johnson believes it would generate potentially record-breaking numbers. “Especially at the highest level. Champ vs. champ. It could be like Conor-Mayweather,” he argued. “It actually could if you think about it. The amount of interest it could generate. There would be so much bad press. There would be so much press around it. Traditional news outlets would cover it... I guarantee you there will be a bunch of people who say, ‘I will never watch that’ and then there will be a whole lot more who say, ‘I really don’t want to see this but I can’t not watch’ like it’s a car accident.”

Cejudo has really been leaning into the gimmick of being this inter-sex world champion. He has called out the likes of Valentina Shevchenko and Weili Zhang, but would he ever really sign a contract to fight a woman in the cage? “If somebody calls his bluff at this time, he’s been going to so hard with it... if it remained private that he declined, he’d decline,” Johnson believed. “If they make it public that he declined, I don’t think he can [turn it down] at this point.” Adding, “I think it’s crossed his mind, but it’s so far outside the realm of possibility at this point that he doesn’t believe there is a chance it’ll happen.”

Back on Planet Earth, Nunes is preparing to defend her UFC women’s bantamweight title against former featherweight champion Germaine de Randamie at UFC 245 on Dec. 14.
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    At the end of the day, its a MAN fighting a WOMAN. It's not a fight I ever care to see. That's a circus attraction not MMA.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashop View Post
    At the end of the day, its a MAN fighting a WOMAN. It's not a fight I ever care to see. That's a circus attraction not MMA.
    Exactly. I don’t know what kind of dude agrees to this. It’s a loss for him no matter what. If he wins, he beat up a chick. I’d be loses he got his ass beat by a chick. Doesn’t make for accolades

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I mean, would watch it...
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I mean, would watch it...
    I would to, and I would put my money on nunes. I have seen some fights that took place in Brazil, and it was man vs woman. The one I remember the woman won. There are some females like cyborg, nunes, and cyborgs training partner, they all would probably put down quite a few men.

Beetlegeuse is offline Knowledgeable Member
    To a man, the Brazilian women all have Test levels as high as the born-a-man men.

Despite the fact that he is an unabashed whore, I can't see Dana White ever booking the fight.

. . . Scott coker, OTOH, . . . .
    Last edited by Beetlegeuse; 09-25-2019 at 10:52 AM.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would to, and I would put my money on nunes. I have seen some fights that took place in Brazil, and it was man vs woman. The one I remember the woman won. There are some females like cyborg, nunes, and cyborgs training partner, they all would probably put down quite a few men.
    not well trained in shape men.... there is a reason all sport is divided by sex. We are the apex predator over women. There is parts of our DNA that just make us more brutal and destructive not to mention the obvious physical advantages.

Thread Information