Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkv213
    AARRRGGG! That annoys me so fvckin much. Guys come in and sit there on a piece of equipment and talk the whole fvcking time. I asked this guy the other day ..."are you just going to talk or you going to use that machine"? He's like oh sorry man, here you go. Ever notice it's always the older guys who like to stand around a talk? Waiting 10min between sets.

I'm in, do my shit and I'm out. I don't have shit to say to anybody. I wear headphones usually so I don't have to hear their stupid shit.

Another thing that I hate is seeing a guy go from bench, to curls, to military presses, to rows. I'm like dude, you going to train your whole fvckin body in one day? Only time I do that is if I'm just off from taking a few week break and I want to get past the soreness. But I only do one set of each. These guys do this everyday.
    Good point. I sold memberships in the gym for 8 years back in the 90's. I watched a lot of people sitting behind my desk. Wearing headphones is the best thing to keep people from bothering you. I wear a MP3 from the minute I step out of my car until I leave the gym. There is this one guy named Kevin that moved from a previous gym I use to work out at. I actually got together with his ex years ago. I think he knows but it's no big, she's a slut. He's a nice guy but he always wants to talk about nothing, just move his mouth and noise comes out. Now when I'm wearing my earphones/MP3 he just looks at me knowing I can't hear him. If anybody does try to talk to you, you have to take a earphone out to listen. They can't just look your way and sqwak while expecting a response. Sometimes I've seen him trying to say something to me out of the corner of my eye but I just ignore him and he thinks I didn't hear him. That dude trys to talk to everybody in the gym too. If you actually know him, watch out, you'll never get to work out.

stupidest shit I've seen in the gym lately is this moron who wears these candy cane stripe tights that are white and purple, with a pair of hightop brown Timberland boots on, and a bandana and sweatshirt on, and these really thick coke bottle glasses on. He comes into the gym with a bag so packed full of shit you'd think he was going away on vacation for a month. He feels the need to bring in his own bar for his squats, with some kind of pussy pads molded to it for his tender shoulders. He will also have a gallon of water, which he probabaly takes 2 sips of the entire workout. You know, the kind of guy who just wants everybody to look over at him like he's hardcore or something. He also brings in his own chains which he drags across the gym like the ****ing ghost of Christmas past. The only exercises he ever does besides run his mouth are these no handed bullshit squats with his "special bar" and these 1/4 pussy deads where he bends down to get some momentum, then at the very top of the movement he will yank the hell out of his elbow joints to do a shrug/deadlift whatever. He'll slam it up and down on the safety bars for about 15 or 20 reps, then proceed to sit around looking as bad ass as he can with his stupid ass outfit and his gym bag with his shit scattered all over half the gym.

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    the other day I was working out and this guy beside me was doing the loud, unnecessary grunt for every rep, and one of the employees of the gym came over and told him there had been complaints and asked him to stop grunting. After he leans over to me and says, "this aint a ****ing spa!" . . I just laughed.

Montgomery

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    stupidest shit I've seen in the gym lately is this moron who wears these candy cane stripe tights that are white and purple, with a pair of hightop brown Timberland boots on, and a bandana and sweatshirt on, and these really thick coke bottle glasses on. He comes into the gym with a bag so packed full of shit you'd think he was going away on vacation for a month. He feels the need to bring in his own bar for his squats, with some kind of pussy pads molded to it for his tender shoulders. He will also have a gallon of water, which he probabaly takes 2 sips of the entire workout. You know, the kind of guy who just wants everybody to look over at him like he's hardcore or something. He also brings in his own chains which he drags across the gym like the ****ing ghost of Christmas past. The only exercises he ever does besides run his mouth are these no handed bullshit squats with his "special bar" and these 1/4 pussy deads where he bends down to get some momentum, then at the very top of the movement he will yank the hell out of his elbow joints to do a shrug/deadlift whatever. He'll slam it up and down on the safety bars for about 15 or 20 reps, then proceed to sit around looking as bad ass as he can with his stupid ass outfit and his gym bag with his shit scattered all over half the gym.
    Hahaha i would pay money to witness this

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    So you saw me at the gym?

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Just got back from the gym. There was this fat arab dude there that wouldn't shut up. All he was doing was talking about soccer - non stop. I don't care about soccer and I told him this... but he continued his quest to inform all the Canadian people in this gym about "how great soccer is", and "how is it better than hockey" Then he makes a grave error after telling me that I am not lifting enough weight. So I said "can you lift this heavy?"
    "no, I'm injured, but i used to lift that weight."

Then, he asks me "How long do you think it will take me to get abs like yours Brucie?"
    He's at least 35% BF
    I gave him an honest response.
    "18 months" I replied.
    He lashes out at me "NO WAY, I'LL HAVE ABS JUST AS GOOD AS YOURS OR BETTER IN 6 WEEKS OR LESS" all smug like."
    "Why did you ask if you already knew?" i replied.
    Nothing.
    He played the "I can't hear you" game.
    More than Grunters, screamers, weird dressers, salsa dancers, Imaginary Lats Syndrome (I.L.S.) skinny kids, attention getters, equipment hogs, fountain talkers, hot shot lady getters, and all the above mentioned,
    "Know it All's" bug me the most.

Yeah, I'm injured. That's the biggest crock of BS I've heard from people that go to the gym to talk. I just cracked a rib doing the sled about 3 weeks ago. I've cracked that lower right one before back in my football days so I know the feeling. Even though my rib hurt I still went to the gym and did everything I always do, just with a little pain. It doesn't hurt anymore (I'm juice sped it up) but I didn't miss a beat. I injured my right shoulder years ago but I just hit shoulders that much harder and now it gives me no pain. You work the muscles around the injury to prevent future injury in the same area. I know there are ankle, knee, etc injuries that would just not allow you to work out at the same instensity. But these guys that always use that as a excuse not to work out are just plain lazy. They want to hang out at a gym and tell their wife/gf "I'm going to the gym" but they are a cancer when they get there.

grimnlock is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy
    Just got back from the gym. There was this fat arab dude there that wouldn't shut up. All he was doing was talking about soccer - non stop. I don't care about soccer and I told him this... but he continued his quest to inform all the Canadian people in this gym about "how great soccer is", and "how is it better than hockey" Then he makes a grave error after telling me that I am not lifting enough weight. So I said "can you lift this heavy?"
    "no, I'm injured, but i used to lift that weight."

Then, he asks me "How long do you think it will take me to get abs like yours Brucie?"
    He's at least 35% BF
    I gave him an honest response.
    "18 months" I replied.
    He lashes out at me "NO WAY, I'LL HAVE ABS JUST AS GOOD AS YOURS OR BETTER IN 6 WEEKS OR LESS" all smug like."
    "Why did you ask if you already knew?" i replied.
    Nothing.
    He played the "I can't hear you" game.
    More than Grunters, screamers, weird dressers, salsa dancers, Imaginary Lats Syndrome (I.L.S.) skinny kids, attention getters, equipment hogs, fountain talkers, hot shot lady getters, and all the above mentioned,

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot PT
    That is the funniest shit I've read today! "A short man" LOL. I could never figure out a good way to word it until now. There's this "short man" that works at a nutrition store in my area. Not sure I'll be able to go there with a straight face anymore.
    Does she have that deep sexy voice?

westcoastbadboy is offline Associate Member
    guys who use gloves on their legs days..........soo funny this one fag was doing calve raises with gloves on i was like WTF! lol

oldandgrim is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    easy with the old guy crap...i'm damn near 40 and i out work everyone in my gym by a long shot...you will never find this old fart standing around talking in the gym
    am with you. I am over 40 and look better than most guys half my age and out train the rest

blodget2000 is offline Junior Member
    more than stupid: sad

billy boy is 18yo. he is trainning for six months and he´s looking for steroids .

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    The blackmailing Cop that gets all his roids for free.
    He'll get his.
    Don't you worry.
    I've heard you mention this sumbitch, Brucy.
    Let me know when he becomes "Lost"

There is a big fat dude that wears those spandex cycler/sprinter pants. Not biker shorts but the ones that go down to your ankles. He has red and black. It looks like he has camel toe too, very disturbing....

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    There is a big fat dude that wears those spandex cycler/sprinter pants. Not biker shorts but the ones that go down to your ankles. He has red and black. It looks like he has camel toe too, very disturbing....
    LMFAO^^^^^^All types of spandex clothing for men should be punishable by 30 days in jail or a 5,000 fine.
    Funny how sometimes the bigger the dude, the gayer the clothes.
    Hahaha, What about those pastel colored, string tank tops that reveal the nipples.

beefjr22 is offline Banned
    I also have a 25 lb dumbell/135 lb bench grunter at my gym he yells so loud its rediculous i usually have headphones on and can still hear him grunt....... I also get a kick out of the gay guys that are about 6'2 130 who had half a salad for lunch, with their tight cut off shirts and short shorts and head bands on who talk and work out with the older ladies in the gym

RoidGut is offline Member
    my biggest pet peeve are ppl that bring their ***'n cell phones into the gym. As if you are that important that you have to have a phone stapeled to your a$$ 24/7!!!! Leave the damn thing in the car for the hour you are in here and spare us the gay ringtones every 5 minutes.

keltiktiger is offline Junior Member
    there is an Indian/Arab guy who works out at my gym - has the worst BO imaginable (I mean there is natural days old sweat and BO that has festered since his last shower a week ago - this is the latter!) - the thing is he walks in wearing clothes he obviously has been working in - black levi jeans and a heavy sweatshirt and work boots.

Then he is also a grunter and when using machines bangs the weights - really a case just letting the weights drop if they get too heavy! I'm waiting for them to crack!

Stupidist thing here - the dumbass front desk attendants who work at the gym who don't enforce the dress code and take issue with someone abusing equipment like this

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    I started a thread just like this like a week ago. Anyway, there was this indian woman with her 3 kids running around her in the weight room (This is really annoying because the gym I go to has a rather large FREE day care program for kids). Anyway, she was getting a nice leg work out with the assisted pull up/dip machine, gripping the dip grips, and pushing down on the weight assist with her legs. Even worse there is a diagram on how to properly use the machine stuck infront of her face on the machine.

Today was a funny day too, there was a screamer doing bench. There was a guy sitting next to me near the db racks who i looked over at as the screamer was doing his thing. We both just started laughing with out even saying a word to one another.

My favorite is by far Imaginary Lat Syndrome. There is this one old dude that looks almost like a Bill Gates who takes the cake for I.L.S. . He walks around it almost looks like he is being crusified. It wouldnt be nearly as funny if he didnt look like the geekiest guy in the world. Worse yet I've never seen him lift back.

Should we officially name it I.L.S. ( Imaginary Lat Syndrome), or A.B.S (Artificial Back Syndrome)?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    This is AR, and being the biggest gad dang board, we should be able to give these people a new syndrome name!
    So, what do you guys think?

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

"gosh, I'm getting stronger"

On more than one occasion I've seen someone lifting on a plate-loaded machine where the storage rack for un-used plates is located on the machine right near the rack of plates you are pressing.

I'll see a guy doing leg presses, or shoulder shrugs, or whatever, with one plate on each side. With each set he'll keep adding more plates to the storage rack and then do THE SAME number of reps with the new weight. He'll keep going until there are five or six plates on each side, and you wonder that he doesn't think something is up that he's doing five-hundred pounds as easily as one-hundred! Sometimes the guy will add more sound-effects with the "heavier" weight... UNNNGGGHHH!!!

Everyone, even the most clueless gym guy, notices what he's doing wrong, and you're so embarrassed for him you don't know what to say or where to look.

Dating is NOT anabolic

Couples who go on "gym dates".

As much as you might love your girlfriend, she's useless for a spot and wears too much perfume. Send her to the cardio room and then take her to a movie afterwards like a normal guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    On more than one occasion I've seen someone lifting on a plate-loaded machine where the storage rack for un-used plates is located on the machine right near the rack of plates you are pressing.

I'll see a guy doing leg presses, or shoulder shrugs, or whatever, with one plate on each side. With each set he'll keep adding more plates to the storage rack and then do THE SAME number of reps with the new weight. He'll keep going until there are five or six plates on each side, and you wonder that he doesn't think something is up that he's doing five-hundred pounds as easily as one-hundred! Sometimes the guy will add more sound-effects with the "heavier" weight... UNNNGGGHHH!!!

Everyone, even the most clueless gym guy, notices what he's doing wrong, and you're so embarrassed for him you don't know what to say or where to look.
    ROTFLMFAO^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Funniest sh*t I've heard all day....

mike2nice is offline Associate Member
    There is this guy who comes to my gym, looks like sh-it, flabby and no rreal strength at all. I think he just joined like maybe a month ago, but he will always go up to people who are working out near him and go on and on about proper technique. He always starts his sentences with "I don't want to criticize, but......." Like shut the f-uck up and do your own sets. I will start to listen to you when you have anything I want. Not to mention that my form on almost every exercise is near flawless.

spoonta66 is offline Associate Member
    There is nothing wrong with the skinny kids! I used to be 175lbs and at 6'6" I was the skinniest mofo around! After several hard years at the gym with little to no guidance (before I found this site) and in the last few years a cycle or two, i now weigh in at a comfortable 295lbs. I am always the first to offer help and friendship to the little skinny guys as i know just how hard it was to get to where I am without help and with others making fun of my body and little weights I used to push!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim

lmao that is soo funny

yerg is offline Associate Member
    This guy at the gym, Must weigh about a buck 60. Hes older.. Late 40s or even 50s. Walks around all tough... Hes new to the gym... He fills the leg press with all the weight it can hold, and does his reps. He only moves his feet about 4 inches or so. STUPID. He will hurt himself.... guaranteeeeeeed....

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    guys who dont train their legs

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    There's this guy at my gym that does leg extentions by putting the pin at the bottom of the stack. He then straightens his legs by raising his butt off the seat. So far the weight has not moved. Then he reaches down, grabs the handles and pulls his butt down with his arms, keeping his legs partially locked so that the weight moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sozey
    Should we officially name it I.L.S. ( Imaginary Lat Syndrome), or A.B.S (Artificial Back Syndrome)?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    This is AR, and being the biggest gad dang board, we should be able to give these people a new syndrome name!
    So, what do you guys think?
    I vote for ABS

Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    I vote for ABS
    Second

n4529359 is offline Associate Member
    the stupidist thing i've seen is a guy on the cable row machine not even moving his arms, just lying down backwards, and sitting up again while holding the cable. and he did think he was working his upper back.

profbiv is offline Associate Member
    Idiot doing leg press with a decent amount of weight, Two girls start to use the next machine, he start’s yelling, who’s your daddy with every rep.

A guy trying to squat’s on a smith, but didn’t roll the bench out of the way first. slams right; into the bench when he starts. I had to walk away; almost bit my tongue off from trying not to laugh.

Another bro who told a guy “yo leave the plates on”, It must had been around 200+ on a this delt machine. This guy sits down and realizes he couldn’t move the weight, this is after he belted himself in, then he waited about ten minutes took off all but two 25 plates.

Blackfoot PT is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Does she have that deep sexy voice?
    Yeah, it's a little raspy now that you mention it. LOL. I can tell when she's on - this last time she told me that she was the biggest she'd ever been. I forget the weight she told me but she's about 5'1". Funny thing is that she'd be really pretty if she'd tone it down a little.

jinos is offline Member
    There's this guy who just got of prison (big fella) and was workin out on the flat bench with 2 huge black guys that were benchin 5 plates on each side. So the guy joined and tried to do the same. As he took the weights down to his chest and started to lift it up, his wrist snapped like a twig. That is the nastiest thing I ever saw at the gym. He did 4 plates with no problems, but got big headed and broke his forearm.

montygrl is offline Female Member

superman

Yesterday, I saw a skinny guy with his towel tied on the back of his shirt like a superman cape. He then proceeded to find anything that would hold his body wieght, hang from it,and swing his legs back and forth as he watched himself in the mirror.

walky-talky?

It's annoying enough when someone is chatting on his cell phone at the gym, but what about that SUPER ANNOYING walky-talky feature?!

BaJeez! It's (always) some kid and his posse, and they're working out and jabbering away to beat the band, and all of a sudden there's the crackle of a C.B. radio or a police scanner and something that sounds like the garbled announcement you get over the P.A. system on the subway: "SBREREWWRKKKRSHHHKKERK!!!" He then uses his "outdoor" voice to hold a conversation for ten minutes; what follows sounds like air-traffic control in some banana republic.

What's up with that? Are they saving the minutes on their calling-plan? When you're seventeen years old with a bandana, basketball shorts down around your ankles, and a two-inch fake diamond earing in one ear, you probably don't have to be in constant communication with the emergency room where you're surgeon on-call.

In the words of an immortal bumpersticker: "Hang up the phone and drive!"

Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    I vote for ABS
    Problem with A.B.S. is that it implies that the person actually does have a back, but it is some how not genuine or natural; by definition. So really, all of us juicers have artificial back syndrome! Imaginary implies that the back exists only in the imagination of the fool walking around with his arms stuck out. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    Problem with A.B.S. is that it implies that the person actually does have a back, but it is some how not genuine or natural; by definition. So really, all of us juicers have artificial back syndrome! Imaginary implies that the back exists only in the imagination of the fool walking around with his arms stuck out. Food for thought.
    he he, good point BeerBaron. I just liked the sound of ABS the way it rolls off the tongue. And it already has BS in it, which I am fond or for some unknown reason.

haha yeah I just think of Anti-lock Brake System when I hear ABS. No matter what you call it, it's still funny as hell.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information