Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Rhyalus is offline New Member
    Maybe I don't know enough, but is there science to doing like 100 light sets on the same body part?

I see quite a few people work on biceps for like 45 minutes.

I do four different excercises per body part, four sets of 6-12 reps, and it takes me 60 minutes to get through three body parts.

R

Terminator1 is offline Associate Member
    I have a short asian guy who works out at my gym and he is about 5'1 or 2 and wears welding gloves for work out gloves and he also dresses in short shorts with knee high striped socks and brown leather boot loafers for shoes! Its the funniest shit I have ever seen! By the way he also can barely put up the bar itself when he benches. It sooo funny to watch him try to bench!

Spyder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1
    I have a short asian guy who works out at my gym and he is about 5'1 or 2 and wears welding gloves for work out gloves and he also dresses in short shorts with knee high striped socks and brown leather boot loafers for shoes! Its the funniest shit I have ever seen! By the way he also can barely put up the bar itself when he benches. It sooo funny to watch him try to bench!
    I find it very hard not to laugh when i see someone benching the bar on it's own and struggling, it's just not something you see everyday lol. I've only ever witnessed this once, skinny kid he was.

msu16366 is offline Member
    There was this one guy from my old gym who was mentally challanged, half blind, whose parents would drop him off at the gym for hours. I was happy to see that he found happiness in the gym and he was pretty built considering.
    He was doing flat bench dumbells with the 100lbs and asked someone for a spot. He lifted it up no problem than out of no where dropped them and one landed right on the spotters foot.
    The spotter lost 3 toes!

house20 is offline Junior Member
    was at the gym and this big dude walks in...he was probably about 6'6 260 solid muscle....so this guy starts workin on his forearms and after each set would run and hop around going "ah ah ah" cuz of the burn im guessing....i mean when ur muscles burning u want to do that but ive never actually looked like a little girl jumping and skipping across the gym goin "ah ah ah"....he no longer impressed me

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Muscle_Maniac
    well one was a guy who was doing barbell shrugs and he COMPLETELY turned it into a leg and calf exercise...so im just about sure u could imagine how funny it looked.

the other thing...this takes the cake too....my friend asked this dude in the gym to spot him one time on bench. he was benching 225. well, it was the end of his workout and he was really tired, so when he went down with it, he couldnt get it up. so he was like "help me, help me". so, the idiot dude who was spotting him, runs to the side pulls one of the 45 lb. plates off one end, then takes off to the other side to get the one of the other end...but of course the second the first 45 lb. plate came off, the whole friggin thing became unbalanced and collapsed on my boys chest and all the weight come tumbling down on the floor. it was a disaster! all the guy had to do was help him lift the barbell up, but instead is going to try to pull the weight off the barbell...can people really be this dumb? lol.
    Now that's hilarious....lmao

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder
    The guys at the gym that do nothing the whole time except stare at themselves in the mirror, i wonder what they hope to achieve with that lol.
    Lol thats funny you said that, i find myself doing that somtimes. but its all to see what i need to work on, i dont have big ass mirrors like that at home..

BigCrump60 is offline New Member
    This guy at my last gym would raise his back up off the bench doing bb bench press to where only his shoulder blades were on the bench, do like 3-4 reps w/ no more than 135 then start walking around the place talking to everyone trying to stick his chest out and then leave after 20 min. of bs. he also would always wear this death row records tank top and dude was like 40 and thought he was just the baddest shit in the gym.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    He lifted it up no problem than out of no where dropped them and one landed right on the spotters foot.
    The spotter lost 3 toes!
    No fvckin way thats just crazy..What happend after that tell the rest..

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Thought about this very thread yesterday while watching a guy on the Captain's chair literally swinging his feet up over his head and down past 180 degrees multiple times for what he seriously thought was a vigorous ab exercise.

TallMan is offline Associate Member
    I sometimes see people bb benchpress with their knees pulled to their body
    like they wanna get f*cked in the ass.

manc is offline Member
    a guy in my gym once stripped down the squat rack..everyone in place shit blue lights when the fool took off 2x20k plates and the bar flipped up an over crashing down on the oher side,making the frigging loudest crashing sound

manc is offline Member
    oh an there is one guy that carries around the BIGGEST gym bag ever.it obviously wont fit in a locker..its bigger than him..he opens it every now and then for protein shake that he makes there an then.but thats it..he just carries it around banging into everythin

TallMan is offline Associate Member
    seen some people wearing winterhats when they work out :P thinking they tough or something

big an rich is offline Associate Member
    I train in my garage so don't see any crazy shit unless I do it myself. So, feeling a little bit left out by this I occasionally climb up onto my pull-up bar and hang upside down singing Red hot chilli pepper songs. lol

baseballJ121 is offline Junior Member
    I see so much annoying stuff at my gym. My gym is across from a college. trying to look big to catch some tail.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    How bout the punching dumbells? It seems to be the older dudes or the real young, new dudes doing that one. Maybe they're watching the older dudes? You know, they take 10-15lb dumbells and look in the mirror while shadow boxing using jabs. What body part does that work? Is that really a training excercise for boxers? If so, please educate me.

Hehe, true story. When I use to manage a Worlds Gym, I had sex with this hot lil Russian girl on the lat pull down after hours....Good stuff.

Power Viking is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by G-13
    I saw a skinny guy doing some sort of excersise that involved having 120 lbs on the bar, unracking it and twitching his knees four or five times before racking. It looked like he was about to start doing a squat, but then changed his mind as soon as he unlocked his knees. He would probably have shit himself just going below 90 degrees with the bar.

Power Viking is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by manc
    a guy in my gym once stripped down the squat rack..everyone in place shit blue lights when the fool took off 2x20k plates and the bar flipped up an over crashing down on the oher side,making the frigging loudest crashing sound
    I`ve done way more stupid things than that, my friend.

Once, when I was young and retarded, I did some sissy aparatus to work the inside of my thighs. No, that`s not the stupid thing I was gonna tell you about, there`s actually more.
    I had to get some really thin 25k plates as the machine didn`t have enough weights for me.

Well, it turned out that the only pair of thin, 25K metal plates had been used on the leg press machine, and someone had loaded it with about 300 kgs with the plates I was looking for way in the back.

So I start unload one side plate by plate (yeah, you all know where this is going, don`t ya?).
    After removing all the plates on one side I finally get one of the metal 25kgs I`m looking for. I had enough sense to pause and see if the leg press machine was going to tip over, but after looking at it for a few seconds without seeing any movement I conclude that it`s probably bolted to the floor so I start moving away.

After walking about 10 meters my friend shouts something and I hear the loudest ****ing crash ever.
    Now, this is one of these really old leg press machines from the 70s. The one made out of nothing but really heavy metal and its now tipped on its side and stuck to a stack of plates weighing about 150kgs. The machine in itself probably weighs another 150 kgs.

Me and my friend found out that we had to grab the machine and pull like there was no tomorrow. Then, when we had gotten it a few inches above ground we had to wiggle it so that bar in the machine got out of the hole in the lowest plate. Then the next one and so on.

After dragging that infernal piece of shit all over the gym, leaving a nice fan shape trail of plates in our wake we were able to raise the machine, have the sled fall off the rail and smash my hand *SON OF A.....* and drag the beast back in its place.
    It was a workout in itself, took about 45 minutes I reckon.

insanepump621 is offline Member
    a couple months ago my buddy was squattin on the barbell he was doin like 315 and he was talkin and unloadin the barbell at the same time not payin any attention to what he was doin whatsoever and he had put the barbell on the top hooks as soon as he took off the last 45 on one side the barbell flipped over to the side were the weight was loadin crack a big giant mirror and put a hole in the wall and dent the floor this barbell did more damage then a freakin train wreck never seen anything like they wanted him to replace it but he never did so they jus reamed him out the ass in his checkin account

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    This didn't happen very recently... but when I was a junior in high school, I was taking a strength training class as part of my PE. Me and another buddy, also an athlete, were squatting 360 for a set of 3. After we finished our sets, we started to take the plates off the bar when a guy in line for the rack instructed us to leave the weight on.

Right away.. i'm like oh shit... This kid has downs syndrome and is not athletic at all. I'd say it would have been a near impossible feat for him to squat 225 (2 plates). So I warned him he wouldn't be able to do it, and he shrugged me off and told me it would be easy. If I could do it so could he right? So he jumps in... no warm up... cold... downs syndrome... no spotter... takes the weight off the rack and backs up a step. Knees unlock and he lowers his ass one inch. Instantly he collapses like a sack of potatoes and the weight falls on top of him.

The weight instructor saw him, checked if the dude was ok... he was. Then kicked him out of his class. Stupidest thing I've ever seen.

ward065 is offline Member
    please please don't make fun of me

but the stupidest sh*t i've seen was actually my own doing

a few months ago i was doing pretty heavy dips w/ 135 pounds on a belt.

My belt (on my pants) was lose and the dip belt with all the weight pulled down my f**king pants!!!!

a couple people saw me with only underwear on.......as quick as the wind i was able to pull my pants back up and put the belt on pretty tight......after that i've never had problems with dips, thank god

Quote Originally Posted by lfrisbee
    This didn't happen very recently... but when I was a junior in high school, I was taking a strength training class as part of my PE. Me and another buddy, also an athlete, were squatting 360 for a set of 3. After we finished our sets, we started to take the plates off the bar when a guy in line for the rack instructed us to leave the weight on.

Right away.. i'm like oh shit... This kid has downs syndrome and is not athletic at all. I'd say it would have been a near impossible feat for him to squat 225 (2 plates). So I warned him he wouldn't be able to do it, and he shrugged me off and told me it would be easy. If I could do it so could he right? So he jumps in... no warm up... cold... downs syndrome... no spotter... takes the weight off the rack and backs up a step. Knees unlock and he lowers his ass one inch. Instantly he collapses like a sack of potatoes and the weight falls on top of him.

The weight instructor saw him, checked if the dude was ok... he was. Then kicked him out of his class. Stupidest thing I've ever seen.
    you do have to feel a little sorry for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by msu16366
    There was this one guy from my old gym who was mentally challanged, half blind, whose parents would drop him off at the gym for hours. I was happy to see that he found happiness in the gym and he was pretty built considering.
    He was doing flat bench dumbells with the 100lbs and asked someone for a spot. He lifted it up no problem than out of no where dropped them and one landed right on the spotters foot.
    The spotter lost 3 toes!
    he lost three toes or broke three toes? sounds kind of hard to lose three toes with that unless he was barefoot.

i slammed a 90 pound dumbell on my toe once. OUCH did it hurt. i thought i broke a bone, but i was very relieved to know i didn't. scary stuff though. i had to quit my workout short that day b/c it hurt badly...

rsmihula is offline Associate Member

2 things

I saw a couple holding hands while riding stationary bikes at the gym! second saw a young Joe holding up 345 on the bench press with his arms fully extended for a minute or so never actually ever going down!

here's another thing i saw......that wasn't my own doing.

There was a guy once in his mid 20's or so doing flat dumbell presses. He was not really big or strong at all. However, he had the 80 pound dumbells in his hand and he was going like 1/3 of the way down after struggling badly to get the weights up. In other words, after he got them up he only went down a very small amount.

I thought i would try to be helpful and advise him to lower the weight significantly, to about 40-50 pounds and try to get a full contraction. He said that he thought he could only get a big chest with heavy weight but i tried to tell him his chest will get bigger if he gets the form correct with a lighter weight.

He got really mad at me and said that he would not feel like he got a good workout with a light weight. But i tried to explain he'd be getting a much better workout than what he was currently doing. He kept getting mad so i figured, why bother with this guy?

Fast forward 4 months from when this happened. Today he is no bigger, no stronger than he was back then. And he still does quarter bench presses with 185 and the same with the dumbells. A lost cause for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ward065
    please please don't make fun of me

but the stupidest sh*t i've seen was actually my own doing

a few months ago i was doing pretty heavy dips w/ 135 pounds on a belt.

My belt (on my pants) was lose and the dip belt with all the weight pulled down my f**king pants!!!!

a couple people saw me with only underwear on.......as quick as the wind i was able to pull my pants back up and put the belt on pretty tight......after that i've never had problems with dips, thank god
    LMAO! That was great. I think that is the best one I've read so far? You can't truely laugh until you laugh at yourself....excellent.....

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp
    Now that's hilarious....lmao
    oh my god what an idiot. human idiocy has no limits..

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    LMAO! That was great. I think that is the best one I've read so far? You can't truely laugh until you laugh at yourself....excellent.....
    yeah, it was pretty embarassing for sure and a little funny too. i'm glad none of the gym employees saw it, as they may have spoke to me.

yeah, it was pretty embarassing for sure and a little funny too. i'm glad none of the gym employees saw it, as they may have spoke to me.
    At least your underwear stayed on.....

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    The little guy who holds arms out like he has Franco lats always makes me laugh.

But I thought of this thread the other day when a saw a dude on the Captain’s chair literally and consecutively swinging his feet over his head and down past 180 degrees, while swearing he was getting a vigorous ab workout.
    Forget exercise knowledge…it’s as if common sense doesn’t apply with some of these guys.

Or when you see a 250 pounder, carrying 125lbs of them in his midsection doing the ab roller. What??? Man go hit the bike!

kafabe is offline Junior Member

the prison workout kills me

Those guys that come in everyday and do bench press and arm curls evryday, kill me. I call it the prison workoput, those prison guys always have big arms and chest, no legs or neck. It really kills me when you see one of those guys with great genetics, but knows nothing about working out or eating, just does chest and bi's.

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    you do have to feel a little sorry for him though.
    Yeah a little... but not TOO much after I'd already pleaded with him not to attempt suicide like he was doing. I wasn't the only one warning him either.

Quote Originally Posted by kafabe
    Those guys that come in everyday and do bench press and arm curls evryday, kill me. I call it the prison workoput, those prison guys always have big arms and chest, no legs or neck. It really kills me when you see one of those guys with great genetics, but knows nothing about working out or eating, just does chest and bi's.
    i see that too with a few people, but most of them don't even have big arms or a big chest, lol.

chest and biceps like 3 days a week i see some people do- and nothing else. lol

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    people doing those weird balancing exercises

squating on one leg while shoulder pressing a 5lb dumbell

lunging and doing curls at the same
    time

why do people do this cr"p?

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    people doing those weird balancing exercises

squating on one leg while shoulder pressing a 5lb dumbell

lunging and doing curls at the same
    time

why do people do this cr"p?
    I know, it's cracks me up too. I know there are trying to increase the resistance as the do their lunge walk thru the gym but it's so minimal. Ya wanna work your hammys and glutes? Do some fuggin straight legged deads or some leg curls. It's usually ladies doing that. The most common excuse I heard from ladies over ther years is "I don't want to get too big". Uhhhh, ok.... Your legs are going to blow up like Quadzilla.... More like, I don't want to put out that much effort and it looks to0 hard.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    I know, it's cracks me up too. I know there are trying to increase the resistance as the do their lunge walk thru the gym but it's so minimal. Ya wanna work your hammys and glutes? Do some fuggin straight legged deads or some leg curls. It's usually ladies doing that. The most common excuse I heard from ladies over ther years is "I don't want to get too big". Uhhhh, ok.... Your legs are going to blow up like Quadzilla.... More like, I don't want to put out that much effort and it looks to0 hard.

what p!sses me off is that for some unkown reason all the so called fitness instructors at my gym tell all the new members to these stupid exercises

i keep meaning to have a word with one of them about it but i'll probably just end up in an argument

Anaholic is offline Associate Member
    At least your underwear stayed on.....
    Thats what I was thinking.... But thats some funny stuff!

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member

That is so funny! Tight, but funny!

• Thread Information