Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    themetalmich is offline Junior Member
    some little chubby 18-20 year old, took his shirt off in the middle of the gym. and did squats with nothing but the bar while watching himself in the mirror. He had about two or three friends watching him. NONE of them even had a clue as to how ****ing stupid they looked.
    All I could do was giggle in the corner.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    I forgot to add one... there's this kid he's sort of big but built horribly just no symetry jsut goes in there moves as much weight as possible with the worst form.. One day he came up to me asking about "juice" and prohormones... told him i knew a "little" and tried to send him on his way when he says "yea....I've got a 10ml bottle of deca but i dont wanna inject....soooooo i think im just gonna drink it all at once" I hit the floor and my buddy about hit him it was hilarious we all call him either "THE Tool" or "Deca Drinker" he's an idiot
    Last edited by Haro3; 01-31-2006 at 12:03 AM.

Jakspro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    "Deca Drinker"

Bahaha, You should've told him to bring it to the locker room so you could record him drinking it....

No joke, I should have just let him do it and gotten a good laugh out of it...at his expense. No this kid is a tool seriously, he trains to be "worlds strongest man" so he actually trains in the gym for the atlas stone competition? He'll take rubber weights and stack 2,3, and i've seen him do 4 rubber 45's on top of each other, lift them like the stones and then drop them on the platform......i really dont think thats how Marius trains but oh well. more power to him

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    I know this post is old but I had to throw a few in there. I go to MU, pretty big campus alot of pretty boys... so you gotta love it when 3 out of their 4 work outs are based on curls and bench but nonetheless I'm forced to change my routine around theirs because mondays and fridays the gym is slammed with these kids. They come in on a friday around 5 "gotta get a pump before tonight so i fill out my XS abercrombie shirt" then you get the same kids on mondays "man i gotta hit it hard i drank to much this weekend, gotta get back into it" wow..... these guys are winners, tuesday, wednesday, thursday they dont even know what a gym is.

Second, Mizzou's gym is HUGE I think it is supposed to be one of the best in the country but we have TONS of barbells, dumb bells, preacher bars, straight bars, plenty..... and then we have 4 squat racks 2 with platforms. Now the guys that come in there and use the squat rack to do curls with a 45lb bar and a 5 on each side deserve to be hit with the equipment they are using. Seriously dude, you're using 55lbs.......we have 55lb straight bars two feet away.....now get out of the way of my leg day!!! wow

Lastly.. I saw this kid last year I didnt know if i should tell him to stop or just sit their and continue laughing like an idiot. But this kid was maybe 140lbs tall and incredibly skinny. He grabbed the 30lb dumb bells stood straight up and i figured ok MAYBE he's going to do some curls.....no....this kid picks one dumb bell up while the other is at his side, picks it up to his shoulder and attempts a punching movement with the weight in his hand? I looked like he was trying to throw a hard punch but yet he was holding 30lbs inwhich caused his arm to fall to his side when it got 8 inches away from his shoulder......this kid must have gotten his ass beat at a party and was preparing for revenge.... and i wonder what these kids are doing in college.....
    Lol! Worth reviving an old thread for that.

Any other good ones????? I'm sure someones seen something good lately......I watched a 6' 5" + kid do some whicked 4 inch squats today...you know where the person cant do half the weight they have on the rack but they move it enough to unlock their knees and its a squat?? i was surely amazed

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    I flexed in the mirror when no one was looking. thats pretty gay!

lfrisbee is offline Associate Member
    New one for me that I just remembered... I keep seeing this Asian kid on the treadmill... he is doing weird ass dance shit the entire time in front of everyone... he's off in his own little world. I mean full out 360's and flips like seriously breakdancing on the treadmill. Odd to say the least.

znak is offline Senior Member
    At the Gold's gym where I work out when I am in Florida, there are a couple real winners.

The stranger of the two is a woman on non-descript age (30-50), who comes in wearing very dark sun glasses and a super bright leotard/body suit. I mean, she has the 1950 shades working for her and these 1960’s hot pink and yellow body suits. Then she walks over to the cable rowing station or over to the lat pull station and covers it with a bright beach blanket.

She then starts like gyrating around the towel, doing “doggy on the fire hydrant” leg lifts off to the side and flopping down onto the towel doing sweeping neck rolls. Generally just dancing and prancing around. You really have to avoid her by quite a few feet, because she is really off in her own world and is really doing some pretty aggressive gyrations. Bear in mind, this is happening right in the middle of the gym, not off to the side, but right where all the cables are!

Nobody ever says anything to her and everyone just kind of goes on with their business like nothing is odd. I think it could be that the woman may be blind and no one has the heart to tell her she is not in the exercise area. The fact that she is color-blind is for sure. Very strange for sure. When she finally pulls out the tanning lotion, I am looking for a new gym.

The other is also a lady of non-descript age, who comes in the shortest shorts I have ever seen. The woman is like sixty or seventy as is skinny as hell, but has cellulite everywhere. Her arms, stomach, legs… everywhere. I also think she is getting some good prescription medicine, too. She comes flying into the gym like a Chihuahua on speed and goes right up to one of the TVs in the middle of the main room and starts manically dancing in a thrashing, hippie love dance with all her cellulite bouncing and flopping around. Remember, she is well medicated and just continues this frantic thrashing and wiggling and jumping and clapping for a hour at least. Enough to make you blow chunks. Once again, all the locals just go about their business like it is normal to have your grandmother gyrating in front of a TV in the middle of your gym.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim
    On more than one occasion I've seen someone lifting on a plate-loaded machine where the storage rack for un-used plates is located on the machine right near the rack of plates you are pressing.

I'll see a guy doing leg presses, or shoulder shrugs, or whatever, with one plate on each side. With each set he'll keep adding more plates to the storage rack and then do THE SAME number of reps with the new weight. He'll keep going until there are five or six plates on each side, and you wonder that he doesn't think something is up that he's doing five-hundred pounds as easily as one-hundred! Sometimes the guy will add more sound-effects with the "heavier" weight... UNNNGGGHHH!!!

Everyone, even the most clueless gym guy, notices what he's doing wrong, and you're so embarrassed for him you don't know what to say or where to look.

does that really, like... REALLY happen?

transform is offline Associate Member
    one time at my old gym, i went into the sauna, and when i went in there was a guy sitting in it wearing a pair of trousers, shoes and a shirt. anyway i went in and sat there and said nothing. then we went to the changing room and he just put on a coat and left

that totally reminded me about this old lady at my gym at home. When i lifted at the Y almost every night during the summer this lady would come in.... she was probably around 50-55 she was about 5'8 and prolly 120 lbs pretty small in all reality but she had some of the BIGGEST fake chesticles i had ever seen and they looked absolutly horrible because one she was older and two they were so perfect lol. Nonetheless her work outs consisted of coming over to the free weights where all the guys were grabbing like 5lbs weights and doing like a straight leg deadlift movement right infront of you. Like she was trying to put her ass in everyones face. Unfortunately she wore cheerleading like shorts and it wasnt all that fun but wow can we say midlife crisis....

buff999 is offline New Member
    this is about cell phones at the gym....like this just pisses me off more than you can imagine.....not only do I not want to hear what you are talking to someone else about, but its plain stupid....leave the cell phone in your bag in a locker or in the car.....i could understand if you were a doctor and needed to be on call at all times, but I'm pretty sure like 15 ppl at a time in the gym are not doctors

some guy was talking on his phone coming into the gym..goes to the squat rack....bar is at the very top and he wants to pull it down.....starts pulling it down with one hand, while the other is glued to his phone....just dumb

mxer_kx is offline Junior Member
    the stupidest/funniest thing ive seen was this big oaf prolly 6'4 250 35% fat that works nothing but his chest go infront of the mirror stare at him sself take off his close start giggleing then put this smirk on his face like he was ppossesed and then kind of made one of those evil Muahahahahahahaha laughs lol

madflabby is offline Associate Member
    hAHAH THAT is funny.

I saw a dude doing INCLINE DUMBELL PRESS w/out a spotter smack himself in the dome, HARD. That was pretty funny.

ALSO a lot of GOLD's GYM GUYS, I was up in Oakland on business and I just wanted to say that that GOld's gym is garbage, no dumbells over 100lbs at Gold's freaking gym? My local gym in small townsville has better stuff then that.

tatteredxangelx is offline New Member
    Christian PEter ... the ex New York Giant DT lifts at my gym ... and he trains a body part with atleats 50 sets and grunts like an animal after every rep ... he's really funny to watch,

tripmachine is offline Senior Member
    Peter North trains at my gym, he doesn't do anything funny but i always spot the guy... hahaha kinda random that he works out at my gym.

also i saw Jay Cuttler at my gym a few nights ago walking out while i was walking in. that was pretty crazy to see.

tatteredxangelx is offline New Member
    Hahaha peter north is pretty big. Theres this one dude at my gym ... we call him calves and traps guy .... all he does, every day is claves and traps .... he throws atleats 7 plates on the shrug bar and does 1/4 reps with momentum and about 1200 on the calf raises doing 1.8 reps. Guy is absolutely nuts (mentally, on the real) but nobody can stop laughing at him,

limpdin is offline Junior Member
    Yesterday this kid (@17) was in the gym with no shoes on just socks! Probably weighed 135lbs. soaking wet.

Safety31 is offline Banned
    this is the funniest thing ive ever seen!!!!!
    this older guy maybe like 45 year old was on vertical situp stand..you know the one where u lock your legs in and your kinda dangling there..but anyways he was on it and trying to do situps..the thing is he was seriously only moving up about half and inch to an inch and he was shaking unbelievably..like he was having a seazure..no joke it looked like something was seriously wrong with him..he was sweating like crazy and going nuts only moving up an inch for the situp...he got up and walked away like everything was normal with a soaked t-shirt...then the next day i saw him doing back extensions and he was doing the exact same thing..he had like a 35 pound weight in his arms and was only moving half and inch but shaking like crazy..man i was rolling..i couldnt even workout anymore it was so damn funny

to the gym with peter north at the gym i go to that gym also...you probably know what im talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Safety31
    to the gym with peter north at the gym i go to that gym also...you probably know what im talking about

so do you go to 24 hour fitness in costa mesa?? that's where i go

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    I love watching the guys in under armor or better yet sleevless under aromor. I wish I could bring a video camera so I could make an educational film of what not to do in the gym, I'd have eneough material in one day to cover a 3 volume set

i go to the one in huntington beach..he probably only comes to mine every once and awhile as i dont see him there that often...

simster1 is offline Associate Member
    We have a decline hammer strength machine at my gym and the seat adjustes up and down Im 5 11 and keep the seat in the middle well this guy comes in and everytime he does chest puts the seat all the way up and loads up the machine with 45's. He basically is doing a short movement tri workout its rediculous

slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soup
    or the people who ask you if you are almost done with the bench while you are straining on your last few reps. nothing kills my concentration quicker. If they would have waited another couple seconds you could acommidate them.
    A guy asked me if I was almost done when I was in the middle of my set!! It pissed me off so much, but I remained calm... I hate those ppl...

snog_usmc is offline New Member
    I saw a guy today using a cable machine and it looked more like Dance Dance Revolution then an exercise.

Big Rig is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by limpdin
    Yesterday this kid (@17) was in the gym with no shoes on just socks! Probably weighed 135lbs. soaking wet.
    That reminds me....some kid probably 18-19yrs old came in my gym wearing slippers!!!

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    A woman so big, she was virtually round!
    So big...that she really couldn't exercise at all, the closest visual reference I could make would be Violet from Willie Wonka after turning into a blueberry.

It would have been highly appropriate for the gym manager to say, "Lady, just stay home eat lots of fruits and vegetables, and please throw out the Hagen Dazs. Then come back in two months for a personal trainer."

M.

onthecumup is offline Associate Member
    ok mine takes the cake. this was a bout 4 yrs a go, it was a high school lifting contest. a guy was attempting 315 on bench adn had two spotters( one on each side of the barbell) the kid benching went down with the weight and lost his balance. there were no clips on and all three plate came off one side. right when that happenened the empty end of the bar came up and smacked this kid in the tooth. knocked it right out lol it was so fVckin hilarious. another high school story this kid was squatin, couldnt get it so put his hands down on the rack to help puch himself up. well the bar fell off his backa dn smashed his fingers. had to get a total of 31 stitches in 3 fingers. id say the stupidest shit happens in high school gyms where people are so inexperienced

ThePump is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onthecumup
    ok mine takes the cake. this was a bout 4 yrs a go, it was a high school lifting contest. a guy was attempting 315 on bench adn had two spotters( one on each side of the barbell) the kid benching went down with the weight and lost his balance. there were no clips on and all three plate came off one side. right when that happenened the empty end of the bar came up and smacked this kid in the tooth. knocked it right out lol it was so fVckin hilarious. another high school story this kid was squatin, couldnt get it so put his hands down on the rack to help puch himself up. well the bar fell off his backa dn smashed his fingers. had to get a total of 31 stitches in 3 fingers. id say the stupidest shit happens in high school gyms where people are so inexperienced

that is so hilarious... i've seen a kidto the same thing with the benching... but itdidn't hit another person in the mouth thank god. but damn wasi t funny

sgoldberg is offline Junior Member
    haha i like this thread - a guy walking around the gym from machine to machine like he's big and brolic, but he wasnt . . . he had a habit of constantly adjusting his package everywhere he went, and finally a small old lady maybe in her 50's and 60's "kindly requested he leave himself alone" hahaha i was dying

ThePump is offline Member
    ha ha ha ha ha... little 'ol ladies kick ass

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    Ok this happened last night im at the dumbbell area, this kid was working out on flat bench and the other flat bench was right beside him so i move it down a couple of benches so my wife grabs her weights and started toward the bench when the kid walks right in front of the bench and grabs weights and squats down a little and begins to do some curls with way to much weight... i start to turn redder than i already am, my wife see this and just gives me that DONT look ... it like ok Dumb Ass you just seen me move this bench over here so we wouldent be hitting weights with You ...

Ok thats my Rage for the AM thanks Guys

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    hahaa beautiful! a lad who worked at the first gym i trained at was unloading one end of a barbell on the bench, wen he took the last weight off of the one side, it upended and smacked him clean in the chin, knocking him right out hahahaha. the manageress then got rid of the 2 25kg weight discs as they were deemed "too dangerous" lol. i was about 15 at the time

UCFTransam is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    stupidest shit I've seen in the gym lately is this moron who wears these candy cane stripe tights that are white and purple, with a pair of hightop brown Timberland boots on, and a bandana and sweatshirt on, and these really thick coke bottle glasses on. He comes into the gym with a bag so packed full of shit you'd think he was going away on vacation for a month. He feels the need to bring in his own bar for his squats, with some kind of pussy pads molded to it for his tender shoulders. He will also have a gallon of water, which he probabaly takes 2 sips of the entire workout. You know, the kind of guy who just wants everybody to look over at him like he's hardcore or something. He also brings in his own chains which he drags across the gym like the ****ing ghost of Christmas past. The only exercises he ever does besides run his mouth are these no handed bullshit squats with his "special bar" and these 1/4 pussy deads where he bends down to get some momentum, then at the very top of the movement he will yank the hell out of his elbow joints to do a shrug/deadlift whatever. He'll slam it up and down on the safety bars for about 15 or 20 reps, then proceed to sit around looking as bad ass as he can with his stupid ass outfit and his gym bag with his shit scattered all over half the gym.
    thats the funniest thing ive ever read on this site. Props bro

Wow that was a good one. Read mine if you ahvent already i've got a few good ones...

Ripp3D is offline Junior Member
    Looks like mcdonalds is sponsoring 24 hour fitness. There is a huge banner of mcDonalds there at the gym. Lets get in shape by eating mcdonalds

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    I dont worry about what other people are doing at the gym.
    I am there to work out not make fun of people and Critique their size and abillity. i am 100% sure i could look at anyones workout or form and find flaws. But unless somone comes up to me and asks i keep my nose out of it. I always tell everyone i talk to that is nervous about joining a gym that noone is looking at them laughing.. i guess their are some sorry ass people who try to make their self feel better by making fun of other people...

i hate elitists.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information