Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    chinups Guest

Protein Shakes and Blenders you use

So last night I play B BAll all day and then come home and the wifey makes me this shake. WOW! Protein/Water/Ice/Strawberries/Banana/NattyPB in a frozen mug after it was blended.

WOW WOW WOW WOW

So anyways I cannot drink another shake in one of those crummy shakers with some nice cold water anymore but using blender is so annoying.

Question is does anyone recommend a good blender? Easy to clean that you can use everyday.

Thanks

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by chinups
    So last night I play B BAll all day and then come home and the wifey makes me this shake. WOW! Protein/Water/Ice/Strawberries/Banana/NattyPB in a frozen mug after it was blended.

WOW WOW WOW WOW

So anyways I cannot drink another shake in one of those crummy shakers with some nice cold water anymore but using blender is so annoying.

Question is does anyone recommend a good blender? Easy to clean that you can use everyday.

Thanks

Does she have a sister ?

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    lol thats one class wifey mate! most blenders are easy to clean and ofcourse designed for frequent use. ul find one suitable for your needs no problem. i used to use a blender afew years ago, until i discovered shakers. i have 3 shakes a day, and using a blender and cleaning it that often doesnt appeal

chinups Guest
    yeah but when u make a complete meal from a shake which we often do like our early morning shake it would be nice to make it sick like with ice and pb and stuff

anyways

The blender I have gets so freaking dirty and scummy no matter what I do and when I take it aprt to clean it it leaks. SUX
    so I am really debating spending a couple hundred or putting it on my wedding list.

how about those stainless steal joints there sick
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tchen&v=glance

Katelette81 is offline Female Member
    I've always sworn by Oster. Another key thing is making sure the canister part is made of glass, the plastic ones get too gross and don't rinse as easily. Anyway, I have 2 blended shakes a day and it only takes me 30 seconds to clean my blender after each use, I just keep the warm water running and as soon as the mix goes in to my glass I rinse it out..

I wouldn't go for anything too fancy, it'll prolly get pretty beaten up no matter what and you'll be faced with replacing it. I personally don't like steal appliances because they show finger prints really easily...

chinups Guest
    Question!

Do you take yours apart? It seems, I may just have a s**hit brand but when u take them apart for the first time they never wrok like new. Leaks and what not

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member

dude, thats one peeeerrrrty blender

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    i have no problem cleaning my blender.
    I just run it under hot water... get clumps out.
    than i just fill it up with Hot water..
    let it sit for a while.. when ever i get around, i empty the water n done.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Cuisinart has good blenders for decent prices. I have one, that is a two cup blender. Perfect size for a protien shake, and alittle ice and fruit.

chinups Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    dude, thats one peeeerrrrty blender
    sure do have a perrrrrrrrrrty mouf

hahah

what was that from again?

Hunter is offline Grateful
    sure do have a perrrrrrrrrrty mouf

hahah

what was that from again?

the movie deliverance

Katelette81 is offline Female Member
    I only take it apart every once in a while... but hot water and a bit o' soap seems to do the trick anyway. Besides, I always cut myself when I take it apart. The only thing I can think is if you aren't putting it back together tight enough, but I doubt that's the problem. Perhaps you just have a crap blender.. .. Anyone seen the infomercial for the cool ass blender where you can use the container as a cup after? Check it out.. good ratings and bad...

http://www.infomercialratings.com/product/magic_bullet

Looks like more hassle than anything.. I'll stick with my Oster!

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    yeah but when u make a complete meal from a shake which we often do like our early morning shake it would be nice to make it sick like with ice and pb and stuff

anyways

The blender I have gets so freaking dirty and scummy no matter what I do and when I take it aprt to clean it it leaks. SUX
    so I am really debating spending a couple hundred or putting it on my wedding list.

mmmmmmm....i might have to buy one of those....i been usin shitty ones all my life.........some of you people actually drink shakes without using a blender???.....weird....

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Katelette81
    I only take it apart every once in a while... but hot water and a bit o' soap seems to do the trick anyway. Besides, I always cut myself when I take it apart. The only thing I can think is if you aren't putting it back together tight enough, but I doubt that's the problem. Perhaps you just have a crap blender.. .. Anyone seen the infomercial for the cool ass blender where you can use the container as a cup after? Check it out.. good ratings and bad...

i always drink out of the container......**** gettin cups dirty every time

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katelette81

Oster is good too.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been using an oster for almost a year and a half now since I've moved out, still going strong. my parents have a 700$ blender. that thing is insane... the container is made out of some material developed by NASA. it looks plastic but you can throw it on the ground and stomp on it and it will NOT break. it is easier to clean than glass. and the thing is quieter than a mouse. My blender sounds like a jet plane taking off compared to this thing. i want to steal it

Has anyone ever used a MilkShake Mixer to make protein shakes?

I've been thinking of getting one, it looks easy to clean and if it's been good to make milkshakes since the 50's I assume it must be ok for prot shakes?

Any thoughts?

Red

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I prefer a shaker over a blender. Blender puts in too much air. I get full faster and can't drink as much.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

chinups Guest
    yo Red thats what I want to get man. Thats the shit

Carlos let me make you a nice shake and then i bet you feel differently. I use the shaker everyday of my life for like 5 yrs. Theres just no comparison with a blender. Oats/Protein first thing in the AM nice and mixed in o 20 seconds. Try shaking the oats up, sux

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    I drink out of the Blender as well, i like the air feeling keeps you fuller a bit longer.
    My clean up way is amazing!
    add water and soap to your blender turn it on let it blend then just rinse it out . Easy

Carlos let me make you a nice shake and then i bet you feel differently. I use the shaker everyday of my life for like 5 yrs. Theres just no comparison with a blender. Oats/Protein first thing in the AM nice and mixed in o 20 seconds. Try shaking the oats up, sux
    I can use the same amount of water and protein powder in a blender and in a shaker. I can always finish the shaker but when it's made in a blender I have a very hard time finishing it all. All of the air fills me up. I feel like I get more protein with the shaker.

Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez
    I drink out of the Blender as well, i like the air feeling keeps you fuller a bit longer.
    I'm always bulking so I don't want to feel full. I like to have the shake along with some solid food.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Has anyone ever used a MilkShake Mixer to make protein shakes?

I've been thinking of getting one, it looks easy to clean and if it's been good to make milkshakes since the 50's I assume it must be ok for prot shakes?

Any thoughts?

Red

It's ok to mix with if you're just doing a plain shake(milk, powder, peanut butter etc.), but you can't crush ice or fruit with it. I would personally just opt for a regular blender.
    I use a Black & Decker Crush Master for mine. I think it was about $80, so it wasn't too bad, but nothing stops that thing. It's single piece and easy to clean. I've had it for a year and a half now, which is about the longest one has lastest for me.

chinups Guest
    you can't crush ice with that?? DAMN IT

I mean hjow easy is that. all you have to do is clean tin cup and take out mixer once and awhile.

The black and deckers and all the others that break into 1000 pieces are inveested with bacteria man. I want a healthy blender!!!

you can't crush ice with that?? DAMN IT

I mean hjow easy is that. all you have to do is clean tin cup and take out mixer once and awhile.

The black and deckers and all the others that break into 1000 pieces are inveested with bacteria man. I want a healthy blender!!!

It just has a little wheel at the bottom. They're meant for blending ice cream and milk.
    The one I use doesn't separate, it's single piece and easy to clean. It's the best one yet i've purchased over the years. The others i've used would stink like protein all the time because it's impossible to get them completely clean.

When this one eventually does give out on me I want to get one of those heavy duty ones they have at a surf city squeeze.

chinups Guest
    What one do you have?

What is surf city squeeze?

What one do you have?

What is surf city squeeze?
    It's called Crush Master.

It's a juice bar franchise. One of the few locations in canada is in the gym I work at. I figured you guys in the us would be familiar with it since it's predominantly in the states. I guess there aren't that many down there then.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Waring.

I've blown though too many blenders to remember. Then I got a Waring. Granted, it's like a 3/4 hp blender and costs about $200 but its well worth it. It will not die.

my blender sucks. It leaks around the bottom seal. I just got paid so i think I will by one with a glass bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    It's ok to mix with if you're just doing a plain shake(milk, powder, peanut butter etc.), but you can't crush ice or fruit with it. I would personally just opt for a regular blender.
    Indeed, I already have a good old 10 years old Oster blender, the thing is bombproof (it crushes fruit, ice, heck I think it even crushes bricks!) but it's SUCH a pain in the arse to clean I almost never use it.

Red

Temptation is offline Female Member
    Why not buy a professional grade juicer? It's designed to mix fruits/veggies w/ ice...etc.

chinups Guest
    to much hassle to clean. l look for something simple and easy yet effective

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I just use a regular blender made of glass. As soon as I finish bledning the shake I put in some soap and boiling hot water. It cleans it in like 10 seconds. Dont even need to use a sponge or anything as long as you clean is asap with HOT HOT water.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I use this handheld blender right in the cup/glass/mug i'm drinking my shake from. http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Cuisinart_Quick_Prep_CSB_33

Only down side is you have to use semi crushed ice but my fridge has that option on it so its no big deal for my use.

Temptation is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    I just use a regular blender made of glass. As soon as I finish bledning the shake I put in some soap and boiling hot water. It cleans it in like 10 seconds. Dont even need to use a sponge or anything as long as you clean is asap with HOT HOT water.
    We use the same thing and if using oats... grab the squirting nozzle and spray right into the blades with hot water.

Never seem to have a problem.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I dont have a dishwasher in this crappy dorm..so I just use my shaker

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I prefer a shaker over a blender. Blender puts in too much air. I get full faster and can't drink as much.
    exactly! blenders are only good if ur making a shake w/ Natty pb other wise its shake shake shake

chest6 is offline Banned
    A shake with natty pb...U can do that?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    A shake with natty pb...U can do that?
    its kinda like eating the forbidden apple.. BUT YES IT KAN BE DONE!

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    I have a stainless steel VITA-MIXER, and it works great for ice or anything else you put in it. even has a built in spigot to drain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information