Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Navy SEALS

IronFreakX is offline Banned

Thumbs up US Navy SEALS

Ok guys so Ive been thinking about the Military for a while and I know I wanna do it, just a matter of when now....anywhere from 4months to 2yrs(probably towards the lesser of both).

Ive researched all the branches and this is the one Ive came up with, the SEALS.

I went to the Army recuruiting office and I took the pre-ASVAB thing and he said I did good and passed the scores for SF.

But he kept saying how they were alot better than the SEALS and more elite....mmmm okay... ...with a grain of salt.

Physical is gonna be excellent again as soon as I recover 100%, Im already working out again.

Ok now a couple of things, would it be best to go from the Navy 1st then BUD/S or any branch and then BUD/S?

The only reason Im asking is because I dont want to get de-conditioned cause I heard that the regular navy's boot camp or whatever is slow, so I was thinking Marines then off to BUD/S as long as I get the 3 shots in my contract??

PLUS, here's the deal, one of the 2, Im either going to stay in 20 years or so then retire and get all the benefits or quit after all my required tours and do civilian jobs, I have in mind things like high profile bodyguarding, etc... something I wanted to do, and the pay is damn good like 500,000 to 1 Mil a year I think MIN!

And Im sure a SEAL would be more than qualified, correct?

There arent alot of questions really, just alot of thinking and things Im still unsure about, but any comments/feedback would be great.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    you'll prolly have to attend some seminars and make some contacts in the world of entertainment. being an ex-SEAL would be a great thing to have on yoru resume, but then again alot of guys go to MIT and not every single one of them has a multi-million dollar company.

also you're going to need to run and swin ALOT if you wanna do well in. like 10 miles a day i would think. i don't remember exactly what they have to do but it's pretty crazy. i've heard people talk about long, long runs under 6 minutes a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    you'll prolly have to attend some seminars and make some contacts in the world of entertainment. being an ex-SEAL would be a great thing to have on yoru resume, but then again alot of guys go to MIT and not every single one of them has a multi-million dollar company.

also you're going to need to run and swin ALOT if you wanna do well in. like 10 miles a day i would think. i don't remember exactly what they have to do but it's pretty crazy. i've heard people talk about long, long runs under 6 minutes a mile.
    Man Ive read bout 5 books about em so far, by X SEALS...It's just fvcking amazing!

Agree about the MIT thing, I'll try my best to land it, cause that's what I want when I get out, if I can absloutly not, Ill re-enlist and stay till I retire.

I used to be on the swim team, I love the water, I used to spend 5 hrs min a day for years in the pool or ocean.

Im building up alot of endurance now, I wanna exceed the competitive scores so atleast my body will be kind of adapted to that.

The odds are against me I think 20-30% only make it?? and some classes 100% fail? but I got my mind set on it and working my ass off for it.

kyjelly is offline Banned
    SEAL is what I wanted to be....but you gotta be a swimmer...lol which Im not.

The biggest reason most drop out is because they cant stand the cold water....its gets freezing!

Also, do all yr running on sand if you can....it would help alot

Ansd just remember....always stay with/or ahead of the pack when doing all exercises...

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    The PT is not to worry about...everyone can get in shape for BUDS physically....its the mental that washes out people. Fears/phobias you didn't know you had, alot of classroom instruction as well on quite a few subjects that require some level of intelligence..being wet, cold, and plain uncomfortable 24/7 takes a toll quickly on even the most dedicated. But good luck and remember in there the only easy day was yesterday. And it pays to be a winner. Good luck...............

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    How old are you dude ? I cant remember

Quote Originally Posted by kyjelly
    SEAL is what I wanted to be....but you gotta be a swimmer...lol which Im not.

The biggest reason most drop out is because they cant stand the cold water....its gets freezing!

Also, do all yr running on sand if you can....it would help alot

Ansd just remember....always stay with/or ahead of the pack when doing all exercises...
    I love the water man, always have.....

Ive read about all that, Ive read a 300+ page book about HELL WEEK only, fvcking Intense man......

Stay with, never behind or ahead.....even If I can do it(ahead), probably not....."Oh so you think you can do it better than everyone well drop down or do this...ahhh

The PT is not to worry about...everyone can get in shape for BUDS physically....its the mental that washes out people. Fears/phobias you didn't know you had, alot of classroom instruction as well on quite a few subjects that require some level of intelligence..being wet, cold, and plain uncomfortable 24/7 takes a toll quickly on even the most dedicated. But good luck and remember in there the only easy day was yesterday. And it pays to be a winner. Good luck...............
    I cant tell the future but I know Ill never quit if I want something bad enough and this is something I want bad.

About the classroom stuff, hard you mean how hard??? Im working on both skills physically and mentally now but Ive been away from college for a while the thing I havnt done in a while is my math and Im working on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    How old are you dude ? I cant remember

32 xx

ehhh just so you dont give me wrong advice or anything.....

Im 19

Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX

Im 19
    Smart ass I thought you were 19 !!!!! The reason I ask, is because for such a fvcking phsycho, and I mean that in the nicest possible way you sure seem to have your head screwed on pretty good. I have a 19 year old son who can barely work out what day it is at the moment. Whatever you choose to do I am sure you will be good at it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Smart ass I thought you were 19 !!!!! The reason I ask, is because for such a fvcking phsycho, and I mean that in the nicest possible way you sure seem to have your head screwed on pretty good. I have a 19 year old son who can barely work out what day it is at the moment. Whatever you choose to do I am sure you will be good at it mate.
    Haha.... .....

Thanx man , I hope I do make it, that would be the best thing in my life

Haha.... .....

Thanx man , I hope I do make it, that would be the best thing in my life
    If you want it bad enough you will get it !!!

Beefyman is offline Banned
    dude the seals i hear from people is about as hard as the marines... the army was easy as shit like a day of football p i was going to be a marine but they work the shit outta you from what my friend told me ("it is amazing what your body can do") moving things... running...shooting all that stuff bro.... i hope your a bad ass they have Pre bootcamp to get you preped to real BC i would say run run and then run some more!

Beefyman is offline Banned
    or be a marine or join the seals if you want a chance at some action

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    have a few friends who are FORMER SEALS (don't ever call em x seals). Here's the deal...are you ok with just being in the normal branch of gov't...cus to be honest...becoming a seal isn't as easy as alot of people think. I know a few hard asses who washed out.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Good luck Brother!

I think it's great that you will be serving our country!

singern is offline Banned
    You can stand tall, and be proud of whichever branch or type of service you chose. No greater honor or privilege.

Take it from a veteran of the US armed forces.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefyman
    dude the seals i hear from people is about as hard as the marines... the army was easy as shit like a day of football p i was going to be a marine but they work the shit outta you from what my friend told me ("it is amazing what your body can do") moving things... running...shooting all that stuff bro.... i hope your a bad ass they have Pre bootcamp to get you preped to real BC i would say run run and then run some more!

A bud of mine says the physical part of the marines wasnt any worse then hell week for football. He said if you can handle 3 people in your face all the time, your good.

I have to think the seals are tougher then that.

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    What are your stats ironfreak?...I always want to know people's stats hahah just so I can picture everyone.

Donman25 is offline Junior Member
    Man I got to tell you from experience that if a recuiter tells you if you join the navy or marines you are guarenteed a chance to try out for the seals he is a liar. I just don't want to see to scraping barnicles off a ship some where or changing 5 ton tires in a motor pool for 4 years. I was in the marines and I had friends that were "Guarenteed" recon or seals and never got to try out! In fact the whole time I was in I never new or met a person the new someone who became a seal from the marines. There was recon try outs but your CO has to aprove it. I had a buddy try out for recon. He was in really good shape. On his pft(phicical fitness test) he ran 3 miles in 17 min. and could do over 25 pull ups . He didn't make it. If it your dream man give it a go.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    I would say your chances of getting a try out are excellent, there is a huge push for more spec ops people in the American military today, with all the smaller conflicts going and the military finally figuring out how to use small groups of specailly trained men differently than large groups of foot soldiers. Train for mental toughness and endurance not strength, but with your mindset/drive I think you have a good chance.

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    whats the training like for the 101st or 82nd?
    i'm awaiting my selection date for our parachute reg. and there there fittest regiment in the british army, just wondering if the u.s airborne are the same, knowing the airborne soldiers are the ellite of every army

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    As soon as they find out about satanism they will try to use that on you as much as they can. They look for anything different so they can harp on that. Good luck in what ever you choose to do. Just try not to stand out too much, either great or bad. It's all about the team.

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    As soon as they find out about satanism they will try to use that on you as much as they can. They look for anything different so they can harp on that. Good luck in what ever you choose to do. Just try not to stand out too much, either great or bad. It's all about the team.
    Plus, your supposed to be fighting for God and Country..not satan and country..

aadrenaline is offline Banned

Im 19

wait where are you from? cause my friend is thinking of going and was telling me 2 days ago..

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    I was hospital corpsman in the NAVY,we are the medicals in the battle field for Marines,if you are looking for 20 years of service,go with Marines,Army or even Coast Guard n/j...things has been changing in the NAVY,it's not the same... needs more info...pm me .!

LPR ...dermatology.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Yeah they will be on that like a pack a dogs on a three legged cat He seems kind of "angry" to make it from the post I have read (not flaming, it's just that drill instructors are always looking for the "individual" amongst them.)
    I would just keep the satanism stuff hiden and not even tell the other guys, they will just make your life hell. (not the good type with chics in mini skirts )

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Yeah they will be on that like a pack a dogs on a three legged cat He seems kind of "angry" to make it from the post I have read (not flaming, it's just that drill instructors are always looking for the "individual" amongst them.)
    I would just keep the satanism stuff hiden and not even tell the other guys, they will just make your life hell. (not the good type with chics in mini skirts )

Bro, hes a satanist, he likes hell.

allblownup is offline Banned
    If you are gonna go seals first you have to make sure pass the age criteria. and the only way to get buds (basic underwater demolitions) and seals guaranteed is to join the navy. It has to be in your contract. Other than that if you want real action I would Go Army SF. they are much more land based and have a counter terrorism and hostage team. Its also the fastest way to make delta. I am a retired military soldier (US Rangers) and a civilian recruiter so if you need help ask me.

stee is offline Member
    Best of luck i always like to hear of people succeeding, but at the end of the day its not about luck.
    Its not about how determined you think you are
    or how hard you come across
    or how fit or how strong you are,
    they will break you down one way or another
    and when they do
    its about

Strength of mind
    99.99% of people need not apply
    (Royal marines slogan)

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    Quote Originally Posted by stee
    Best of luck i always like to hear of people succeeding, but at the end of the day its not about luck.
    Its not about how determined you think you are
    or how hard you come across
    or how fit or how strong you are,
    they will break you down one way or another
    and when they do
    its about

Strength of mind
    99.99% of people need not apply
    (Royal marines slogan)
    ok, so to pass the 32 week commando course all you need is strong mind? b.s

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I wish you the best brutha good luck...

icedudez is offline Member
    i am also hoping to do something similar...the royal marines. i hope my eyesight holds up for me as I cant see anything else standing in my way. good luck to you.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    two things: my buddy joined the navy SOLELY to become a seal. was wrestling around with some bunk mates in his quarters at the end of basic and pulled his shoulder just a bit. wouldn't let him try out.

second: there's a pretty good documentary on some cable network about BUDS training.. something like ten episodes or something that follows an entire class from induction to finish. really got up close and personal with the situation. guys looked so fvckin cold all the time! anyway, see if you can find it/download it, it really gives a firsthand account and was quite entertaining.

good luck with it

kyjelly is offline Banned
    Also, they try to scare you....before yr long ocean swims..., they show u videos of intense shark attacks...

lol...no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefyman
    LOLROFLMFAOLROFLAMOMAOLRFLAMORALRFMORA!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Woookay

There is alot of misconception about the SEALS outthere and this is DEFFINATLY one of em.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    have a few friends who are FORMER SEALS (don't ever call em x seals). Here's the deal...are you ok with just being in the normal branch of gov't...cus to be honest...becoming a seal isn't as easy as alot of people think. I know a few hard asses who washed out.
    I dont get it?? you mean am I ok with being in the NAVY IF(haha) I dont make it??

Good luck Brother!

I think it's great that you will be serving our country!
    You can stand tall, and be proud of whichever branch or type of service you chose. No greater honor or privilege.

Take it from a veteran of the US armed forces.
    ThanX!

A bud of mine says the physical part of the marines wasnt any worse then hell week for football. He said if you can handle 3 people in your face all the time, your good.

I have to think the seals are tougher then that.
    Read HELL WEEK by Denis Chalker....

Quote Originally Posted by audis4
    What are your stats ironfreak?...I always want to know people's stats hahah just so I can picture everyone.

Right now Im 6' 0-1? last time I checked I was 182, Im lighter now...I guess 175?

Man I got to tell you from experience that if a recuiter tells you if you join the navy or marines you are guarenteed a chance to try out for the seals he is a liar. I just don't want to see to scraping barnicles off a ship some where or changing 5 ton tires in a motor pool for 4 years. I was in the marines and I had friends that were "Guarenteed" recon or seals and never got to try out! In fact the whole time I was in I never new or met a person the new someone who became a seal from the marines. There was recon try outs but your CO has to aprove it. I had a buddy try out for recon. He was in really good shape. On his pft(phicical fitness test) he ran 3 miles in 17 min. and could do over 25 pull ups . He didn't make it. If it your dream man give it a go.
    There is a SEALS contract, enlisted men are guarnteed 3 chances

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    I would say your chances of getting a try out are excellent, there is a huge push for more spec ops people in the American military today, with all the smaller conflicts going and the military finally figuring out how to use small groups of specailly trained men differently than large groups of foot soldiers. Train for mental toughness and endurance not strength, but with your mindset/drive I think you have a good chance.
    Yes sir!

ehh who said about saying anything?? But knowing me....Ill probably say something because Im a hothead...

Quote Originally Posted by roidattack

For freedom and country??

IN AMERICA WE TRUST , that's what Id like to see on our money.

ehhh screw that lil goat man, he's my bitch

wait where are you from? cause my friend is thinking of going and was telling me 2 days ago..
    FloriDAH!

I was hospital corpsman in the NAVY,we are the medicals in the battle field for Marines,if you are looking for 20 years of service,go with Marines,Army or even Coast Guard n/j...things has been changing in the NAVY,it's not the same... needs more info...pm me .!

LPR ...dermatology.
    Yeah I would like more info please what do you mean??

Marines is part of the Navy btw, PM me with the info please, or post it here as others might want to know too, thanx.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information