Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Navy SEALS

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    What made you choose seals? Im not saying this is you, but when a lot of people think "special forces", the Navy Seals automatically come to their mind and they jump to that. Now you seem like you definatly want special forces, but why seals? Now, Seals are pretty bad*ss, but there are other spec ops that are just as bad. and do just as dangerous (assuming this is what you want) missions. again, not trying to dissuade you from seals, they are the real deal, but there are others.

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    and no, i work with marines every day. and when i was in the military still, i worked with every service. i worked out with marines. i have good friends from all services still. none of their training comes close to navy seals training, or any spec ops command training. like someone said, anyone and everyone makes it thru army/af/marine/navy boot camp. you have to. they dont let you quit. they want you thru because even if you're totally incompetent, they can have you work in the chowhall or at the gym.. heh. "would you like a towel?" but spec ops has a totally different view. they dont want you unless you're the best.
    and not just best in shape, but the most top notch brains too.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Hmmmm.... not gonna say to much about this thread... but from experience... your mind will break long before your body will. Unless you've been there you have no idea what it's gonna be like no matter who you've talked to or what you've seen. I pray you wanting to be become a SEAL is more than just wanting to be a badass or something. Most become because they wish to be the best, and to be a part of the best this country has to offer.

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    My cousin married this guy who is a navy seal and he loves it. He just reenlisted I think for the rest of his career. But he is on missions all the time so it makes it hard for him to ever be home. He also does a lot of things that she can't know about. One thing I did hear was that the guys that are in his group (I'm not sure what they call it so I wont pretend), got ambushed in Afghanastan and like 10 of his best friends were killed. He was lucky that he wasn't there, which I'm not sure why he wasn't. So if you are going into it expect war, but some people love that. I know my cousins husband lives for it.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by max2extreme
    What made you choose seals? Im not saying this is you, but when a lot of people think "special forces", the Navy Seals automatically come to their mind and they jump to that. Now you seem like you definatly want special forces, but why seals? Now, Seals are pretty bad*ss, but there are other spec ops that are just as bad. and do just as dangerous (assuming this is what you want) missions. again, not trying to dissuade you from seals, they are the real deal, but there are others.
    Nah man, this is after Research Ive looked into Special forces, Marine Recon, NightStalkers, Rangers, etc.... Ive Decided on the SEALS.

I don't care if theyre more Badass or not, I just feel this suits me the most, I still have a small % of me looking into the Special Fores, but so far Im aiming for the SEALS.

Hmmmm.... not gonna say to much about this thread... but from experience... your mind will break long before your body will. Unless you've been there you have no idea what it's gonna be like no matter who you've talked to or what you've seen. I pray you wanting to be become a SEAL is more than just wanting to be a badass or something. Most become because they wish to be the best, and to be a part of the best this country has to offer.
    I dunno if you got my PM or not, but I was waiting for your reply specifically Warrior and Max2extreme.

And no it has nothing to do with me wanting to be a "badass", I got alot going for me now, esp work and in a couple of years if I work hard as I am now, Ill be making 100K a year comfortably, and doing whatever I want.

But thats not what I want, I wanna make it to the SEALS.

My cousin married this guy who is a navy seal and he loves it. He just reenlisted I think for the rest of his career. But he is on missions all the time so it makes it hard for him to ever be home. He also does a lot of things that she can't know about. One thing I did hear was that the guys that are in his group (I'm not sure what they call it so I wont pretend), got ambushed in Afghanastan and like 10 of his best friends were killed. He was lucky that he wasn't there, which I'm not sure why he wasn't. So if you are going into it expect war, but some people love that. I know my cousins husband lives for it.
    Hell yeah!! That and I love my country, theres nothing more I want to do with my life.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapabuff
    When did 10 seals get killed in one ambush? sounds like that would of been on the news.

The Max number I know of was 4 because of snitches who went and tipped off the forces.

said something about 16 troops but as far as I know only 4 were SEALS.

Either way I hope they kill their killers...very...very....slowly.

I can't imagine 10 seals killed in one day, but that's why they are storiesdon't worry, there are still people that swear the conservation department use to parachute rattlesnakes from planes.

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    lebenon killed 200 us marines in one blast in the 80s didnt they?

Quote Originally Posted by spencer
    or was it israel. it was on the news the other night

These are the seals, where any fatalities are examined very carefully, remember the panama thing in the 80's where a few seals were killed (forgot how many) it was like a huge thing that any seal was killed. They sent seals in to shoot the tires off the private jet so that the new president could use it and they had inquires left and right. I just question this story is all, 10 seals in one place "ambushed" seals recon and plan so they don't get caught like this. Not "calling" anyone out or anything, I just question things I know to be "fishy".

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    These are the seals, where any fatalities are examined very carefully, remember the panama thing in the 80's where a few seals were killed (forgot how many) it was like a huge thing that any seal was killed. They sent seals in to shoot the tires off the private jet so that the new president could use it and they had inquires left and right. I just question this story is all, 10 seals in one place "ambushed" seals recon and plan so they don't get caught like this. Not "calling" anyone out or anything, I just question things I know to be "fishy".

does that mean you agree with me?

Holeshot is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    The Max number I know of was 4 because of snitches who went and tipped off the forces.

said something about 16 troops but as far as I know only 4 were SEALS.

Either way I hope they kill their killers...very...very....slowly.
    Late June05 a 4-man team went missing, a rescue helicopter was shot down carrying 16 people all deceased, 8 were seals. 2 men from the 4-man team were killed.

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/

Check this board up and hit up the Seal forum, lots of verified team guys (current & retired) who can give you the nitty gritty and laugh at you when you say a washed out Marine said BuD/S is the same as Marine boot camp.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    A good few Rangers and SEALS were killed during an ambush on a mountain top in Afghanistan.

To be totally honest i don't think you'll make it looking at your mindset, as Big Texan said (he's a real SEAL I believe) these guys do what they do because they want to be part of something significant. Not so they can say "Yeah i'm a SEAL/Ranger/SF! i'm so fucking badass"

Smiley619 is offline Member
    its all about Air Force pararescue baby! train hard man, lots of swimming, running(off the treadmill) and do some rucking with 60 pounds or more.

Beefyman is offline Banned
    that stee fag will prop just make another account

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot
    Late June05 a 4-man team went missing, a rescue helicopter was shot down carrying 16 people all deceased, 8 were seals. 2 men from the 4-man team were killed.

http://www.socnetcentral.com/vb/

Check this board up and hit up the Seal forum, lots of verified team guys (current & retired) who can give you the nitty gritty and laugh at you when you say a washed out Marine said BuD/S is the same as Marine boot camp.

Listen assholeshot,

I never said I was a Marine and I NEVER said SEALS training was ANYWHERE near Marine training, Show me one post where I said that and Ill deposit $500 right NOW in ur paypal account provided you know how to setup one since u cant even read...... ya know......

Fvckface....

Quote Originally Posted by BajanBastard
    A good few Rangers and SEALS were killed during an ambush on a mountain top in Afghanistan.

To be totally honest i don't think you'll make it looking at your mindset, as Big Texan said (he's a real SEAL I believe) these guys do what they do because they want to be part of something significant. Not so they can say "Yeah i'm a SEAL/Ranger/SF! i'm so fucking badass"
    Its amazing how from a couple of posts you can analyze my mindset and know why I wanna join...its really amazing.....

But yeah appreciate ur opinion nonetheless....

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley619
    its all about Air Force pararescue baby! train hard man, lots of swimming, running(off the treadmill) and do some rucking with 60 pounds or more.
    Its about everything, there is no unit more important than the other, maybe harder to get into or more elite, but each of em serve a purpose.

I am back to running now since the pain is less now(from the broken foot), Im going to get boots, start running on the sand, already swimming(mostly with fins), doing calsthenics(sp?), gonna take SCUBA, Parachuting, physics and math in january and so on, I gave myself a year, but hopefully ill be done before then.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Listen assholeshot,

I never said I was a Marine and I NEVER said SEALS training was ANYWHERE near Marine training, Show me one post where I said that and Ill deposit $500 right NOW in ur paypal account provided you know how to setup one since u cant even read...... ya know......

Fvckface....
    Erm I don't think he was directing anything at you, re read his post, oh and don't go into communications when you join up!

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I dont know much about SEALs, only what I hear from Air Force Spec Ops. Ive talked to 3 guys (1 former marine, 1 former SEAL, and 1 straight AF) and they all are going Air Force Spec Ops because you are much more likely to get action. Not sure of the numbers, so dont quote me, but I think they told me there are something like 3,000 SEALS int he Navy. Compare that to around 3-400 CCT in the Air Force, and you do the math. The SEAL said he sat around for 4 years and never did a damn thing. I was gonna go CCT, but decided against it at the last minute. You will get some great training no matter what you decide, but just go on some Air Force message boards and talk to some CCTs and PJs. They dont get near the appreciation they deserve. A couple squads of Combat Controllers pretty much set up the US for success in Afghanastan. You are pretty much guarunteed action, as they are in need of them very badly. Plus you make a lot of incentive pay and get a fat signing bonus. Just something to think about...... Ill shut up now.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    I dont know much about SEALs, only what I hear from Air Force Spec Ops. Ive talked to 3 guys (1 former marine, 1 former SEAL, and 1 straight AF) and they all are going Air Force Spec Ops because you are much more likely to get action. Not sure of the numbers, so dont quote me, but I think they told me there are something like 3,000 SEALS int he Navy. Compare that to around 3-400 CCT in the Air Force, and you do the math. The SEAL said he sat around for 4 years and never did a damn thing. I was gonna go CCT, but decided against it at the last minute. You will get some great training no matter what you decide, but just go on some Air Force message boards and talk to some CCTs and PJs. They dont get near the appreciation they deserve. A couple squads of Combat Controllers pretty much set up the US for success in Afghanastan. You are pretty much guarunteed action, as they are in need of them very badly. Plus you make a lot of incentive pay and get a fat signing bonus. Just something to think about...... Ill shut up now.
    I think you have to be an Officer for that?

Just did some reading about them and they are somewhat similar to the SEALS, never knew they existed anyway, I thought the Night Stalkers were the main Special force in the USAF(you know like Special Forces for the Army, SEALS for the Navy, etc...)

Im pretty sure if you pass, you become a SEAL in about a year but you do not get deployed before 3-4 years.

Im still keeping my options open, Im 95% set on SEALS but still considering other things so that I dont say, what if....

I think you have to be an Officer for that?

Just did some reading about them and they are somewhat similar to the SEALS, never knew they existed anyway, I thought the Night Stalkers were the main Special force in the USAF(you know like Special Forces for the Army, SEALS for the Navy, etc...)

Im pretty sure if you pass, you become a SEAL in about a year but you do not get deployed before 3-4 years.

Im still keeping my options open, Im 95% set on SEALS but still considering other things so that I dont say, what if....
    No way in hell you have to be an officer. Its mostly enlisted as far as I know. And I dont know what the hell the Night Stalkers are, I think you are reading up on sumthin else. Air Force Spec Ops are PJ, CCT, TACP, and we got some Rangers as well. SERE is pretty cool too if you are into that.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm really surprised no one has mentioned the US Army Rangers. They have a 80% wash out rate as well. Tough as hell and more difficult than SF (green beret) training. Green Berets are actually more clandestine teachers of foreign soldiers, but the Rangers are more of the elite fighting force. My father was a Ranger and believe it or not, the force recon guys go throught Ranger school as well and many admit it being harder than recon training. My father even admitted SEAL training was tougher than Ranger training but Ranger's see more action. Whatever you do, brotha, it's more mentally challenging than physically challenging. I did watch the SEAL school training on the military channel and they said if you can make it throught the first week of training (48 degree water, no sleep, very little food, etc), instinct takes over and you can make it. According to my Pops (bronze star and silver star winner in Vietnam, bronze star winner in the first persian gulf war) the type of person who they are looking for isn't the gung ho, I like to kill type. It's more of the guy who can kill w/o emotion, very methodically as his job. No bragging, just action. Very calm, cool, collective type of guy. There is certain physchological profile they look for. But again, good luck. My Pop said some of the biggest, baddest, fvckers, washed out because they couldn't handle the stress.

No way in hell you have to be an officer. Its mostly enlisted as far as I know. And I dont know what the hell the Night Stalkers are, I think you are reading up on sumthin else. Air Force Spec Ops are PJ, CCT, TACP, and we got some Rangers as well. SERE is pretty cool too if you are into that.
    Damn misleading site, it didnt say so in the requirment, but kept saying stuff about officers, nothing about enlisted men...oh well.

Night Stalkers are Army Special Forces...my bad..already had 4 beers and on my second quart of Old English....

SERE is Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape and SEALS go through it, dunno which level but Im imagining

Level C - For troops at a high risk of capture and whose position, rank, or seniority make them vulnerable to greater than average exploitation efforts by a captor. Limited to Special Operations Forces (SOF) personnel only.

And yeah it looks like ALOT OF FUN!!!!

• extreme temperatures
    • waterboarding - being tied to a board with the feet higher than the head and having water poured into the nose
    • noise stress - playing very loud and disonant music and sound effects. Recordings have been reported to include babies wailing inconsolably, cats meowing, female orgasms, and irritating music (including a record by Yoko Ono----ROFL )
    • sexual embarrassment
    • religious dilemma - given the choice of seeing a religious book desecrated or revealing secrets to interrogators.
    • flag desecration
    • prolonged cramped or restrictive confinement
    • sleep deprivation/starvation
    • excrement familiarization/humiliation
    • mock execution
    • overcoming food aversion (eating bugs, roadkill, dumpster diving, urine drinking)
    • height/water/enclosed spaces
    • physical beating
    • "stress inoculation"

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    I'm really surprised no one has mentioned the US Army Rangers. They have a 80% wash out rate as well. Tough as hell and more difficult than SF (green beret) training. Green Berets are actually more clandestine teachers of foreign soldiers, but the Rangers are more of the elite fighting force. My father was a Ranger and believe it or not, the force recon guys go throught Ranger school as well and many admit it being harder than recon training. My father even admitted SEAL training was tougher than Ranger training but Ranger's see more action. Whatever you do, brotha, it's more mentally challenging than physically challenging. I did watch the SEAL school training on the military channel and they said if you can make it throught the first week of training (48 degree water, no sleep, very little food, etc), instinct takes over and you can make it. According to my Pops (bronze star and silver star winner in Vietnam, bronze star winner in the first persian gulf war) the type of person who they are looking for isn't the gung ho, I like to kill type. It's more of the guy who can kill w/o emotion, very methodically as his job. No bragging, just action. Very calm, cool, collective type of guy. There is certain physchological profile they look for. But again, good luck. My Pop said some of the biggest, baddest, fvckers, washed out because they couldn't handle the stress.
    A lot of what you said is spot on. But, Rangers are not as elite as they used to be. They are a jump qualified fighting force, and they go through a 9 week training course to get certified in things such as land NAV and whatnot. USAF PJs and CCTs have a 10 wee indoc course, which is just getting you started in training. I dont know anything about Green Beret's, or even much about Recon, but I do know that Ranger school is not THAT hard (in comparison to special forces, of course it is still hard). Rangers are not even considered "Special Forces" to my knowledge (I could be wrong). Air Force does not have "special forces" either. They are all considered "special operations". And if you wanna go Ranger from the Air Force, you have to go pre-Ranger and get your ass kicked before acutally going to Ranger school. Thats why the Air Force has a 99% pass rate in Ranger school.

Damn misleading site, it didnt say so in the requirment, but kept saying stuff about officers, nothing about enlisted men...oh well.

Night Stalkers are Army Special Forces...my bad..already had 4 beers and on my second quart of Old English....

SERE is Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape and SEALS go through it, dunno which level but Im imagining

Level C - For troops at a high risk of capture and whose position, rank, or seniority make them vulnerable to greater than average exploitation efforts by a captor. Limited to Special Operations Forces (SOF) personnel only.

And yeah it looks like ALOT OF FUN!!!!
    Yeah, but if go go SERE, you become an instructor for those things, you dont just go through the course. Pretty much all special forces go through it, along with pilots and most anyone who flies a lot. If you go through the one you described, the insructors will whoop your ass, literally. Ever seen GI Jane? Thats SERE that they go through.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    Everything you said is very true, but I disagree with the Rangers being harder than the Special Forces, Ill respond to one thing at a time.

I have studied psychology a bit, mostly just reading.

An interesting fact is that about 80% of men, DO NOT kill the enemy, but shoot above the enemies head, posture and some mimic the action of a shot rifle when another rifle is shot.

After 60 or 120 days(cant remember) of sustained combat, approx 98%, yes 98% of ALL MEN, will show psychological problems, ranging from low to severe.

Only 2% can continue without showing these symptoms, these are usually people who show aggressive-psychopathic behaviour to begin with and MOSTLY found in the SEALS and Special Forces.

I cant say if I will make it or not, I cant tell the future, but Ill give it 110% and make sure I do more than my best.

Yeah, but if go go SERE, you become an instructor for those things, you dont just go through the course. Pretty much all special forces go through it, along with pilots and most anyone who flies a lot. If you go through the one you described, the insructors will whoop your ass, literally. Ever seen GI Jane? Thats SERE that they go through.
    I watched parts from GI Jane, not the whole thing....

I doubt EVERY SINGLE person who goes through SERE will become a SERE Instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Erm I don't think he was directing anything at you, re read his post, oh and don't go into communications when you join up!
    I think he was because he quoted me and I did say I might join the Marines 1st, fvck him neway.

I'm already an expert in communication, I even know hand signals

JK

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    I think he was because he quoted me and I did say I might join the Marines 1st, fvck him neway.

I'm already an expert in communication, I even know hand signals

JK

If you read what he posted...

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot
    ...I'm pretty sure he was referring to this post...

Thats funny cause today I was talking to a former Marine and he said theyre training is just as hard if not harder than the SEALS and he wasnt talking about Recon btw....ROFL OK
    ...so he's not saying you said it, he's just saying you would get laughed at if you repeated it on the Seal forum, I think he was trying to be helpful and you attacked him - I foresee alot of "friendly fire" incidents in your military future!

I watched parts from GI Jane, not the whole thing....

I doubt EVERY SINGLE person who goes through SERE will become a SERE Instructor.
    Lol, nah man you are confused. If you make SERE you job field choice, you become a SERE instructor. Its considered a special operation type thing as far as I know. They teach people how to live off of bugs, make fire in the arctic, catch rabbits, shit like that. As a special forces member or pilot or whatever, you go through a SERE school. Usually a couple weeks long, and you are taught all that shit by the SERE instructors. To become a SERE instructor is a 6 month course.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    If you read what he posted...

...I'm pretty sure he was referring to this post...

...so he's not saying you said it, he's just saying you would get laughed at if you repeated it on the Seal forum, I think he was trying to be helpful and you attacked him - I foresee alot of "friendly fire" incidents in your military future!

ME: Oh damn man Im sorry, I thought you were one of em, you were moving you know??? lol

But neway Holeshot, if you meant what NotSmall said, then I apologize bro.

ME: Oh damn man Im sorry, I thought you were one of em, you were moving you know??? lol

But neway Holeshot, if you meant what NotSmall said, then I apologize bro.
    *WARNING* Alcohol impairs judgment, reduces inhibitions, and increases aggression.

Lol, nah man you are confused. If you make SERE you job field choice, you become a SERE instructor. Its considered a special operation type thing as far as I know. They teach people how to live off of bugs, make fire in the arctic, catch rabbits, shit like that. As a special forces member or pilot or whatever, you go through a SERE school. Usually a couple weeks long, and you are taught all that shit by the SERE instructors. To become a SERE instructor is a 6 month course.

Is the requirement list like this:

1-Must be SADISTIC

2-doesnt mater as long as he is SADISTIC

3-same as 2

4-same as 3

5-etc.....

*WARNING* Alcohol impairs judgment, reduces inhibitions, and increases aggression.
    Weed mellows you out, increases inhibition and improves judgment or atleast makes users think that

JK

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey iron...you're 18-19 right?

Is the requirement list like this:

1-Must be SADISTIC

2-doesnt mater as long as he is SADISTIC

3-same as 2

4-same as 3

5-etc.....

Weed mellows you out, increases inhibition and improves judgment or atleast makes users think that

JK
    Nah thats only a portion of it, and not everyone has to go through that shit. A lot of it is like boy scout shit taken to the extreme. Cool stuff if you love the outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy
    Hey iron...you're 18-19 right?
    Yup, 19.

Nah thats only a portion of it, and not everyone has to go through that shit. A lot of it is like boy scout shit taken to the extreme. Cool stuff if you love the outdoors.

Haha, yes I do LOVE the outdoors

But I think they do go through that, maybe not Level C but I know they MUST go to SERE.

Anyway man, dont quote me I have NO Military experience, Im just a wannabe so far, all the info I have is from legit books, sites and former/active military personnel.

I think you are so Ill take ur word for it, better be right..... ....

jk

I think you are so Ill take ur word for it, better be right..... ....

jk
    Yeah you better be jokin, or else Ill have my buddy at SERE pull down your pants and spank you while your hands are tied above your head to a tree branch. Welcome to the military.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information