Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: US Navy SEALS

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Yeah they will be on that like a pack a dogs on a three legged cat He seems kind of "angry" to make it from the post I have read (not flaming, it's just that drill instructors are always looking for the "individual" amongst them.)
    I would just keep the satanism stuff hiden and not even tell the other guys, they will just make your life hell. (not the good type with chics in mini skirts )

Bro, hes a satanist, he likes hell.
    Then, Im gonna smile at em while Im getting tortured...

*Note to self, after aquiring proper skills, kidnap goodcents and Roidattack *

Quote Originally Posted by allblownup
    If you are gonna go seals first you have to make sure pass the age criteria. and the only way to get buds (basic underwater demolitions) and seals guaranteed is to join the navy. It has to be in your contract. Other than that if you want real action I would Go Army SF. they are much more land based and have a counter terrorism and hostage team. Its also the fastest way to make delta. I am a retired military soldier (US Rangers) and a civilian recruiter so if you need help ask me.
    Id like to, but ur banned.....

I am thinking about the Special Forces too, but it's 80% SEALS and 20% SF now.

Best of luck i always like to hear of people succeeding, but at the end of the day its not about luck.
    Its not about how determined you think you are
    or how hard you come across
    or how fit or how strong you are,
    they will break you down one way or another
    and when they do
    its about

Strength of mind
    99.99% of people need not apply
    (Royal marines slogan)
    ok, so to pass the 32 week commando course all you need is strong mind? b.s
    OFCOURSE!!!! I know this guy who is 4'3", 250lbs, 45 % bf has the STRONGEST MIND IN THE WORLD and used to play SOCOM 3 and SEAL games, he Made it!!!!

Will power and a strong body go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    I wish you the best brutha good luck...
    Thanx bro, wanna come with me ???

am also hoping to do something similar...the royal marines. i hope my eyesight holds up for me as I cant see anything else standing in my way. good luck to you.
    Good luck to you!

I know people can qualify for LASIK in the US military, there might be something like it in the UK

two things: my buddy joined the navy SOLELY to become a seal. was wrestling around with some bunk mates in his quarters at the end of basic and pulled his shoulder just a bit. wouldn't let him try out.

second: there's a pretty good documentary on some cable network about BUDS training.. something like ten episodes or something that follows an entire class from induction to finish. really got up close and personal with the situation. guys looked so fvckin cold all the time! anyway, see if you can find it/download it, it really gives a firsthand account and was quite entertaining.

good luck with it
    Thanks, Im reading up as much as I can....the more I read the more I love it.

Also, they try to scare you....before yr long ocean swims..., they show u videos of intense shark attacks...

lol...no joke.
    Good thenI can find me one and have nice tasty shark steak and grab some sharks in an underwater cage and make em watch a video of me eating shark steaks...HA....I saw this guy in the Red Sea once, got has calf bit and was bleeding like crazy when I was 12 or something....wierd...I went in about 30 mins later...I was such an idiot
    Last edited by IronFreakX; 08-12-2006 at 01:54 AM.

ehh Im drunk and my replies seem messed up when I wasnt drunk...must be drunk...but I know this former(just for ya Zimmy!) SF guy from work, Im gonna ask him to hang out for a while and ask him about some stuff or maybe not cause its not the same as the SEALS??

He drinks beer

roid, stop acting like a stalker and post something goddamnit!

stee is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer
    ok, so to pass the 32 week commando course all you need is strong mind? b.s
    Go there with a weak mind and see how long it takes them to break you.
    If you can get through selection that is!!!!???

stee is offline Member
    its becoming apparent that there are many people here commenting on how to do something as challenging as getting in the sepecial forces and dont really have a clue what is involved.

If you can get through selection its gonna take more than just fitness to get through the course.
    Ive seen some of the hardest guys break and cry like babies because until escape and evasion they never knew they were scared of the dark etc

Hey and spence if you actually get in to the Paras and finish the course and get the chance to play the captors in escape and evasion you will know what i mean.
    until then a saying that might do you well, a wise head keeps a still tongue.

IFX to be honest i dont think you have the self discipline to do something such as what you are talking about.
    You dont seem to be able to keep your mouth shut and your ears open, and you cant take constructive criticsm.
    yeah you might be hard and you might be fit but if you snap easy because someone has passed a comment you dont like or dont agree with.
    Do you really think they wont try and get to you this way on the selection course?

as for that im out. seems to me this board is pretty wank and there are too many dreamers on here, i came here for a bit of craic and maybe learn something about power lifting etc seems to me the majority of people here just want to argue and bicker like children.

as admin said its an adult site, well maybe it would be if there wasnt so many biggots and losers on here.

Id like to say its been fun but to honest id be lying, the developments over the past few days will explain why.

so long losers.

Snrf is offline Banned
    its all mental, my dad was SF and he wasnt a big guy, he could run like a deer though, thats what you need to be able to do.

KhrisiGirl is offline Female Member
    whats the training like for the 101st or 82nd?
    i'm awaiting my selection date for our parachute reg. and there there fittest regiment in the british army, just wondering if the u.s airborne are the same, knowing the airborne soldiers are the ellite of every army
    I am not saying that US Army Airborne school is easy but I am a girl and I made it through that and Air Assualt school....first time on both. Of course I am not your average female...
    ~Khrisi~

Donman25 is offline Junior Member
    I just want to clear a few things up. Marine book camp should not be compared to seal trainng they are to different things. Just about anybody could pass marine bootcamp, you can not quit. Yes it is 12 1/2 weeks of complete hell, but I don't care if you cried and whinned everyday you want to go home you can't. They threaten you with dishonorable discharge and brig time (jail)and sooner or later just about everyone toughens up and there a marine.(unless they are hurt past repair, pop a drug test, or kill them self.) Seal and or recon trainng is tough as shit and pushes you past your limit every day! Mental and physical. And you can quit any time you want too and you will just go back to your regular navy or marine life no questions ask. People still respect you just the same and are proud of you for even being able to try. Thats the difference! The friend I said that didn't make in recon said they picked a guy over him that ran till he passed out on the ground and then woke up, got up and keep on running and would not give up. My friend told me he made that run fine. I know there is a seals contract but you won't get one going in the marines. And the navy could screw you out of it too. Read the fine print of the contact. They put loop holes in it. Yes the marines is a department of the navy. Other than that it is a whole different world and a whole different branch. Man I hope the best for you and if you are in bad ass shape and have a good attitude they will let you try out. When you go in keep you a$$ clean and out of trouble. If you have any little blemish on your record they will not let you try. And trust me they make a big deal out of very small stuff. Remeber look good on paper and in person and you will go far. Good Luck future Frogman Only a few can be the best of the best!

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    roid, stop acting like a stalker and post something goddamnit!

I was all over the place last night. I hope you do it bro. That would be cool. Can they honestly wright it in to your contract that you get 3 shots at it?

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    Quote Originally Posted by stee
    its becoming apparent that there are many people here commenting on how to do something as challenging as getting in the sepecial forces and dont really have a clue what is involved.

If you can get through selection its gonna take more than just fitness to get through the course.
    Ive seen some of the hardest guys break and cry like babies because until escape and evasion they never knew they were scared of the dark etc

Hey and spence if you actually get in to the Paras and finish the course and get the chance to play the captors in escape and evasion you will know what i mean.

IFX to be honest i dont think you have the self discipline to do something such as what you are talking about.
    You dont seem to be able to keep your mouth shut and your ears open, and you cant take constructive criticsm.
    yeah you might be hard and you might be fit but if you snap easy because someone has passed a comment you dont like or dont agree with.
    Do you really think they wont try and get to you this way on the selection course?

as for that im out. seems to me this board is pretty wank and there are too many dreamers on here, i came here for a bit of craic and maybe learn something about power lifting etc seems to me the majority of people here just want to argue and bicker like children.

as admin said its an adult site, well maybe it would be if there wasnt so many biggots and losers on here.

Id like to say its been fun but to honest id be lying, the developments over the past few days will explain why.

so long losers.
    ok. bore off

Quote Originally Posted by KhrisiGirl
    I am not saying that US Army Airborne school is easy but I am a girl and I made it through that and Air Assualt school....first time on both. Of course I am not your average female...
    ~Khrisi~
    lol. you are some female.!.!. lol

so long losers.

LOL, What a FVCKING MORON!!!!!

Hey spenc, Have you though about the SAS btw???

Hey spenc, Have you though about the SAS btw???
    im going for the para's mate. once you reach batallion after training you either go to the 2nd batallion or 3rd batallion. after two years of being in either 2 or 3 para you can join 1 para (pretty sure), 1 para are attached to sas. the sas are called sf now mate (special forces). made up of para's and marines. my mate who is currently in 1para is up for selection for sas in 2008.
    Last edited by spencer; 08-14-2006 at 10:54 AM.

lol. you are some female.!.!. lol
    You don't know the half of it...
    ~Khrisi~

Quote Originally Posted by KhrisiGirl
    You don't know the half of it...
    ~Khrisi~
    how was it. i'd like to know as the british para's is one of the toughest training in the world.
    the training is 27week long. then an extra 3 at batalion

how was it. i'd like to know as the british para's is one of the toughest training in the world.
    the training is 27week long. then an extra 3 at batalion
    I meant that me passing that training was only the tip of the iceberg of my awesomeness. I am so joking. I included 2 links on here to tell you more about both schools. IMO, Air Assault is about attention to detail and Airborne is a lot of running. I went through the basic courses and I am sure there are guys on here that went through the Advanced courses. They can tell you about it because although I know about it, I never experienced it.
    http://www.campbell.army.mil/aas/
    https://www.infantry.army.mil/airborne/airborne/
    ~Khrisi~

kyjelly is offline Banned
    haha Marines dont have anything on Navy SEALS.

SEAL training is called the "hardest training in all military"

They might compare up to Marine Force Recon to some things, but the key of SEALs is surplus of swimming. SEALs do same/more than Recon, plus all the 14 mile ocean swims and underwater demolition..

Ive talked to all the military people and everything...even the Marine guy said that.

And each year, the SEAL dropout % is increasing....I thinkit was 80% last few years and just hit 90% this year...meaing only 1 in 10 guys make it

Snrf is offline Banned
    im going for the para's mate. once you reach batallion after training you either go to the 2nd batallion or 3rd batallion. after two years of being in either 2 or 3 para you can join 1 para, 1 para are attached to sas. the sas are called sf now mate (special forces). made up of para's and marines. my mate who is currently in 1para is up for selection for s.f in 2008.

Who told you this? I live in Hereford, about 20 mins from Stirling lines and I can tell you that 1 para is not attached to the SAS. The only units ever attached to the SAS are the signals, air-corps etc that the SAS need to keep things running.

And if you ever meet anyone who tells you he was attached to the SAS chances are he's a washed out lunatic who failed P-company, ended up as an army chef or similar and once served the SAS dinner on their way through his camp. I meet them all the time.

And the SAS are still called the SAS, but SAS and SBS and the other smaller SF units are now known collectively under the umbrella name SF.

And remember, if it isnt maroon or sandy you're a craphat.

Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    Who told you this? I live in Hereford, about 20 mins from Stirling lines and I can tell you that 1 para is not attached to the SAS. The only units ever attached to the SAS are the signals, air-corps etc that the SAS need to keep things running.

And if you ever meet anyone who tells you he was attached to the SAS chances are he's a washed out lunatic who failed P-company, ended up as an army chef or similar and once served the SAS dinner on their way through his camp. I meet them all the time.

And the SAS are still called the SAS, but SAS and SBS and the other smaller SF units are now known collectively under the umbrella name SF.

And remember, if it isnt maroon or sandy you're a craphat.
    lol @ craphats.
    my mate evans has been attached to them in recent tours. he dosent talk shit, i got a mate in 2para too he goes 1para in november. 1 para are attached to sas. it says so on the cd-rom you get for the paras. i just double checked.
    what is it you do mate, are you in the forces?

breacherup is offline Associate Member
    I am retired from the British Army and spent some time working for PMCs, the retired and former SEALs I worked with on these contracts were top shelf profesional warriors.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I been playing US Navy Seals for playstation for 2 years now, would that get me in ?

Quote Originally Posted by kyjelly
    haha Marines dont have anything on Navy SEALS.

SEAL training is called the "hardest training in all military"

They might compare up to Marine Force Recon to some things, but the key of SEALs is surplus of swimming. SEALs do same/more than Recon, plus all the 14 mile ocean swims and underwater demolition..

Ive talked to all the military people and everything...even the Marine guy said that.

And each year, the SEAL dropout % is increasing....I thinkit was 80% last few years and just hit 90% this year...meaing only 1 in 10 guys make it
    Thats funny cause today I was talking to a former Marine and he said theyre training is just as hard if not harder than the SEALS and he wasnt talking about Recon btw....ROFL OK

I read about their missions, Recon, kidnapping, ambush, spying, etc....

Let's just say I LOVE IT ALREADY

I deff think Im aiming for the SEALS now 95% and SF 5%

Im going to the Navy recruiting office next week and find some stuff...ofcourse everything I ask will be answered to "Yes, ofcourse whatever you want"

And about the drop-out rate: this is my theory:

Back then people were raised with more family values, werent lazy fat or unmotivated as they are now.

Physically and mentally theyre stronger, now these kids think ahh man the SEALS hell yeah just like the movies....itll be aweosome....Ill get to do nothing all week, then theyll give me a hot ass plane with cool gear and Ill be killing thousands all alone then blah...and then they start mentioning shit from XXX..idiots

They all want the glory and the fame and no1 wants to do work or take it as it really is, which is to do your job not the shit theyre thinking about/.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Thats funny cause today I was talking to a former Marine and he said theyre training is just as hard if not harder than the SEALS and he wasnt talking about Recon btw....ROFL OK

I read about their missions, Recon, kidnapping, ambush, spying, etc....

Let's just say I LOVE IT ALREADY

I deff think Im aiming for the SEALS now 95% and SF 5%

Im going to the Navy recruiting office next week and find some stuff...ofcourse everything I ask will be answered to "Yes, ofcourse whatever you want"

And about the drop-out rate: this is my theory:

Back then people were raised with more family values, werent lazy fat or unmotivated as they are now.

Physically and mentally theyre stronger, now these kids think ahh man the SEALS hell yeah just like the movies....itll be aweosome....Ill get to do nothing all week, then theyll give me a hot ass plane with cool gear and Ill be killing thousands all alone then blah...and then they start mentioning shit from XXX..idiots

They all want the glory and the fame and no1 wants to do work or take it as it really is, which is to do your job not the shit theyre thinking about
    /.
    IFX - You told me you didn't like me once a while back, I think because I rolled my eyes at one of your "I'm joining the army" threads, the reason I did that was because what you have typed in bold above sums up how you came across to me in that thread.
    I know that this may offend you but that is genuinely not my intention.

Alot of people think Im like that, but Im not.

Im serious when I have to and take responsibility but if I dont have to, why not fvck around...its more fun....

But I was serious about what I said earlier, I have no problem with dying, I dont want to but If I have to Im ready....thats where people think Im kidding or think this is all one big game.

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    Join the damn army get this thread done with already

jk jk.... if anything you will be trying to kill a couple of middle easterns eh?...hmmmmm.... I'm ready for yah boyy!

Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx
    Join the damn army get this thread done with already

jk jk.... if anything you will be trying to kill a couple of middle easterns eh?...hmmmmm.... I'm ready for yah boyy!
    He he he......Let's invade Canada!!! oh wait its not a real country.....

mmm ready for me?? Sounds good Ill take you on that offer when I get out....

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    He he he......Let's invade Canada!!! oh wait its not a real country.....

mmm ready for me?? Sounds good Ill take you on that offer when I get out....
    muahahaahah dont sing it bring it!!

lol I'll throw rocks at you and break your glasses

Canada is a big country but we got a puss army and a puss prime minister that doesn't know how to run an army! We got to toughen up manng...

I'm not back home so I cant defend it but mehh I'll see you on the news being kidnapped? lol jk....

still waiting for your ass to come to Toronto to visit Gotta hit the ladies up here foo

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    whats the training like for the 101st or 82nd?
    i'm awaiting my selection date for our parachute reg. and there there fittest regiment in the british army, just wondering if the u.s airborne are the same, knowing the airborne soldiers are the ellite of every army

I believe you just have to be Airborne or Air Assault qualified. Those schools, IIRC, are 21 and 10 days long.

Teabagger is offline Senior Member

so long losers.
    Who the fvck do YOU think you are...you're just another internet tough guy........good riddance ass clown. Don't expect a warm welcome when you come sucking back around douche bag...you're the loser you oversensitive, "too much arguing" lip warrior. Be gone insignificant one....

^^

Bump for anyone with experience, advice or anything constructive to add.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Navy Seals huh?

You better be in ****ing tip fuvking top shape and be a fish under water, that training is beyond tough. Alot of guy's have tried multiple times and failed because of the water drills etc...

There was a documentary on BUDS awhile back and it showed the guy's training and how they made them do all kinds of water training, guy's were damn near drowning and shit...

Good luck.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Navy Seals huh?

You better be in ****ing tip fuvking top shape and be a fish under water, that training is beyond tough. Alot of guy's have tried multiple times and failed because of the water drills etc...

There was a documentary on BUDS awhile back and it showed the guy's training and how they made them do all kinds of water training, guy's were damn near drowning and shit...

Good luck.
    Yeah I am NOT signing up until I get into the BEST shape of my life.

I love the water, actually sometimes I like being in the water more than land

And Im 100% comfortable with it, with holding my breathe and swimming, with parachuting, no phobias, not claustorphobic and Most imporantly I have the will and IM NEVER QUITTING!

One thing that worries me is hydrographic recon cause Ive been away from math for a while...2 is losing my fitness level when staying in the regular Navy for a while.....

Im taking

-SCUBA diving

-Parachuting

-Studying Hydrographic recon If I can

-Swimming drill

-Making sure Im in top phsyical shape ie Triathalon.

-Gun training

etc.....

I think you got about 3 years of training BEFORE you go out on missions! that crazy!

I like water to but **** all that smacking you around under water, removing your breathing gear and twirling you around and then you gotta find it and put it on under water.

They did that to me, they would see me floating on the other end of the pool dead as a goddamn door knob.

I like water to but **** all that smacking you around under water, removing your breathing gear and twirling you around and then you gotta find it and put it on under water.

They did that to me, they would see me floating on the other end of the pool dead as a goddamn door knob.
    Oh man I love doing stuff underwater!!!

I actually asked my friend to tie me loosely in the pool to see if I could float did it for a while, was comfortable then stopped cause I got bored

I deffinatly Know Im gonna do this and succeed, this was created by Men, Completed by men, and it still is completed by men everyear.

It is hard, but My Determination is harder

Oh man I love doing stuff underwater!!!

I actually asked my friend to tie me loosely in the pool to see if I could float did it for a while, was comfortable then stopped cause I got bored

I deffinatly Know Im gonna do this and succeed, this was created by Men, Completed by men, and it still is completed by men everyear.

It is hard, but My Determination is harder

Thanks, now i feel like a weak lil bitch.

Thanks, now i feel like a weak lil bitch.
    ROFL

Sorry??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information