Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: US Navy SEALS

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    Yeah you better be jokin, or else Ill have my buddy at SERE pull down your pants and spank you while your hands are tied above your head to a tree branch. Welcome to the military.
    I told ya they had to be SADISTIC and you said no you FVCKER!!!!

Plus, thats MY job

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    Here's what I know from my experience with the military (all knowledge never been in). Basically, th Navy SEALS are the shit. Whatever the other branches tell you, the Navy SEALS are top of the line stuff. Becoming a SEAL is a much more difficult task then the other brances "Elite" Forces (ie; Recon, Green Berets, Combat Controllers, etc.) The chances of you becoming one are, not to be mean, slim. Only the toughest mentally, and physically, can endure the grueling test. However, one of the earlier responders to your comments was wrong. There is a contract that you can sign that will let you immediately, try out for SEALS. Guaranteed to let you attempt the SEAL challenge. Now, don't get me wrong, perhaps the Recruiter in your "area" has already filled up his yearly quota for the potential SEAL applicants. But that is an option. And about the Navy Bootcamp being slow? What is it, around 9 weeks? As to your other potential interest, the Marine corps, 13 weeks.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018
    Here's what I know from my experience with the military (all knowledge never been in). Basically, th Navy SEALS are the shit. Whatever the other branches tell you, the Navy SEALS are top of the line stuff. Becoming a SEAL is a much more difficult task then the other brances "Elite" Forces (ie; Recon, Green Berets, Combat Controllers, etc.) The chances of you becoming one are, not to be mean, slim. Only the toughest mentally, and physically, can endure the grueling test. However, one of the earlier responders to your comments was wrong. There is a contract that you can sign that will let you immediately, try out for SEALS. Guaranteed to let you attempt the SEAL challenge. Now, don't get me wrong, perhaps the Recruiter in your "area" has already filled up his yearly quota for the potential SEAL applicants. But that is an option. And about the Navy Bootcamp being slow? What is it, around 9 weeks? As to your other potential interest, the Marine corps, 13 weeks.
    The odds are deffinatly against me, but they were even against the ones who made it right?

I doubt they already filled their yearly quota, they are looking for People who can make it, theres been alot of pressure from the gov to lower the standards cause they have the HIGHEST dropout and lowest success rate.

I dont know how easy Navy bootcamp is but after a bit reading and taking things into consideration, I doubt Ill lose alot of endurance and so on plus I can be an ass so they make do more J/K.....but muscle memory is a great thing and doing it once makes the second time easier.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018
    Here's what I know from my experience with the military (all knowledge never been in). Basically, th Navy SEALS are the shit. Whatever the other branches tell you, the Navy SEALS are top of the line stuff. Becoming a SEAL is a much more difficult task then the other brances "Elite" Forces (ie; Recon, Green Berets, Combat Controllers, etc.)
    Negative sir. Yes the SEALs are "the shit", but so are all of the other elite forces. ALL of their training is very similar in most aspects, and they all share about the same washout rate. That is proof that they are all equally tough physically and mentally. They do have different jobs however, so some training is different. Get a hold of any training video for any elite force, and you will see this is true. PJs swim just as much as the SEALs, where CCT or Recon may do equal amounts of running and regular PT, but not required to swim nearly as much. SEALs may be better tactially trained than others, but that is because that is what they require for their mission. Recon may be the most "bad ass" out of them all. Read the book "Generation Kill" and see for yourself. They are required to be straight up ruthless killers, something that may not be essential for a SEAL mission. PJs must work in some of the most difficult situations imaginable. Such as sticking an IV in somebody in sub zero temperatures where your whole body is shaking, all while in the middle of combat. CCTs likewise are required to call in airstrikes and be a part of the combat themselves, while they are being barraged by mortars and heavy weapons fire. Look at the situation where the heli was shot down in Afghanastan with all the special forces on board. There were SEALs, Rangers, and PJs aboard. The PJ, Cunningham, received the highest award given by the Air Force, after giving his life to save a couple of SEALs during combat. My friend in the Corp said they appreciate PJs more than anyone, because when shit goes down they are there to save their asses. In conclusion, each special tactics troop has their own personal mission, which is essential in working together with the other forces. They are all extremely difficult in their own right. But then of course you could compare SEALs to Delta, which has been regarded as the best by some. Up until recently they were kept very low profile, and you had to be invited to be a member. Then again, I dont know anything about them. I respect all equally, as I do any fellow member of the armed forces. From the most bad ass warrior, to the pencil pusher in the office, each has their own mission, and nobody could accomplish their own without the help of the other.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    I dont know how easy Navy bootcamp is but after a bit reading and taking things into consideration, I doubt Ill lose alot of endurance and so on plus I can be an ass so they make do more J/K.....but muscle memory is a great thing and doing it once makes the second time easier.
    Depends on many factors. Odds are you will be just fine. After basic you should be given ample time to get into shape anyway. No basic training is the same, they all do different things. Air Force BMT is a str8 mind fvck, and was mentally one of the hardest things Ive ever had to do. I wanted to beat the living $hit out of everyone every day, and it was depressing as hell. I would have rather gone through a more physically demanding training. As long as you are physically and mentally prepared, you will be fine after completion of basic.

spencer is offline i gotta S on ma chest
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    does that mean you agree with me?
    yeah mate, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Beefyman
    that stee fag will prop just make another account

breacherup is offline Associate Member
    All of this talk of which unit is the baddest, is childish and is not something that most real operators would participate in.
    As a British soldier I have trained with and served along side a great many US Special Ops units. They all serve a particular niche. They are all very good at what they do, and are all "bad ass".
    I will say this in regards to the toughness of training-the Air Force's Pararescue "Pipeline" is very demanding. It starts out with a brutal selection section referred to as "Superman School" and then goes on to a list of tough courses that must be passed, this lasts for up to two years, a very long time period to be under pass/fail pressure.
    Years ago I did a two year secondment to the US Army and was fortunate to attend the Free Fall Parachute/HALO Course at Ft. Bragg and Yuma Proving Ground. This school was full of very experienced operators from each of the units that are being discussed in this thread, the pass rate was about 70%, some of you would be very surprised as to who didn't make it.
    I wish any of you, who are considering this way of life the best of luck, the training is brutal, because combat is unforgiving, but the people you serve with are easily the best you will ever know.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer
    yeah mate, sorry
    wow, that took long enough I had to remember what I even said

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    wow, that took long enough I had to remember what I even said
    lmfao

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I think this talk of who is the more 'badass' is silly as well. Go over to ArmyRanger.com and see what they say about the SEALs. A joke over on that site is SEALs who fuck up are sent to Ranger school as punishment.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information