Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    slob is offline Member
    UPDATE :::::::
    I just spoke to her on the phone and I told her that the impression I was getting was that she was trying to snob me off and I was feeling a bit upset over the whole incident. That upset her a fair bit to the point of tears.
    She has had a lot on this week such as work and dance classes but I was getting the feeling that in the spare time she had, she could have spent a bit with me, but instead she opted to do other things.
    She was really pissed off that I suggested it to her that she was trying to snob me and she told me that even though I told her what I really felt and had made a mistake, she couldn't get past that.
    I agreed that it would be best for her to have a bit of time to herself now.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    ok mate i think its best way to go.
    if she can clear her mind up and decides all is good maybe you can give it another try.
    but its great that you spoke to her rather than just snob each other off.

Even though she had alot of her mind it has nothing to do with you rather than snobbing you off, she could have got you for support.
    so i do believe you have done the right thing.

anyway good luck.

slob is offline Member
    Even though she had alot of her mind it has nothing to do with you rather than snobbing you off, she could have got you for support.
    that's pretty much how I felt. There were plenty of occasions where she COULD have said something to me or tried to leant on me to cheer her up but she didn't. She would remember she was meant to go see one of her friends or would feel 'wierd'.
    Either way I am not regretting opening my mouth and TRYING to fix things.
    She just told me this:
    " I just need a break from this for a while. with everything else thats going on i really cant handle it. I think that's whats best for me at the moment. I know its probably selfish of me to not even try to work it out but I really just cant get my head around it right now".

I know its probably selfish of me to not even try to work it out but I really just cant get my head around it right now
    i think that says it all really :|

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Quote Originally Posted by slob
    that's pretty much how I felt. There were plenty of occasions where she COULD have said something to me or tried to leant on me to cheer her up but she didn't. She would remember she was meant to go see one of her friends or would feel 'wierd'.
    Either way I am not regretting opening my mouth and TRYING to fix things.
    She just told me this:
    " I just need a break from this for a while. with everything else thats going on i really cant handle it. I think that's whats best for me at the moment. I know its probably selfish of me to not even try to work it out but I really just cant get my head around it right now".

I know its probably selfish of me to not even try to work it out but I really just cant get my head around it right now
    i think that says it all really :|

Sorry man, but yep thats your answer. So just give her space and she will start missing what she had. Don'l contact her, let her come to you . Sorry you got to go through this though.

Good Luck

slob is offline Member
    thanks for all the support and advice from everyone here. It's time's like these that make's me really appreciate this board and the people on it.
    Don't worry too much about me though. I've had far worse things happen to me and I've come back from it. It's pretty hard to keep me down.
    If it doesn't kill you, it will only make you stronger.

One of my lady friends just gave me some sound advice:
    "i think u should take it as what it was a relationship that is finished, and realise that u are only young and have many girls that will still break your heart, and many more that u will break theirs. thats the way life is. and we have to learn to live it as it is"
    Last edited by slob; 08-25-2006 at 04:35 AM.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    yep your heart will be broken many times, you will just learn from it and become stronger.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    so, its definately over, her comments said it all. she wont come back to the way things were. look at it as if its completely done and dusted, and move on. best way to get over someone is to get under someone else

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    I totally disagree with the @$$hole move. I know a lot of guys say, "Hey these girls need to be treated like crap." but do not listen. Treat women the way YOU think they should be treated and when you find the right one that respects that you both can live out a very happy life together.

Don't let others change you.
    sooo dont shank her w/ a shard o'gllass?

Mizfit is offline Banned
    UPDATE :::::::
    I just spoke to her on the phone and I told her that the impression I was getting was that she was trying to snob me off and I was feeling a bit upset over the whole incident. That upset her a fair bit to the point of tears.
    She has had a lot on this week such as work and dance classes but I was getting the feeling that in the spare time she had, she could have spent a bit with me, but instead she opted to do other things.
    She was really pissed off that I suggested it to her that she was trying to snob me and she told me that even though I told her what I really felt and had made a mistake, she couldn't get past that.
    I agreed that it would be best for her to have a bit of time to herself now.
    it was her way of saying she ain't interested - sorry i do it too.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Well u can't treat women like shit - when things r going good u don't have to work at it.. and this early ony uoshould not be having all these doubts.. it should be lite and fun.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    Well u can't treat women like shit - when things r going good u don't have to work at it.. and this early ony uoshould not be having all these doubts.. it should be lite and fun.
    Agreed. Although my last relationship ended sh!tty, I have had several long term ones and I have never treated any like sh!t. As I said before - the girl was having more deeper seated issues.

Love sucks. Drop the b*tch dude. Good women are a dying breed.

can ya tell i've been shit on in the past??

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Leftfoot
    Love sucks. Drop the b*tch dude. Good women are a dying breed.
    this, of course, doesn't include mizfit

slob is offline Member
    In no way did I treat her like shit. What else would I think is happening if all of a sudden the person I am seeing starts cancelling things she had planned with me?
    I have spoken to her a few times about different issues that were really concerning me and I always did it in a clam and collected manner and she ALWAYS ended up getting annoyed at me. I told her that I wanted it to work out between us but if I couldn't talk to her about something that was bothering me, what chance did I have :S

slob is offline Member
    UPDATE*********
    We just spoke on the phone and decided it would be best for both of us if we didn't continue the relationship. I really feel bad about how it turned out but there's nothing I can do about it now.
    She said it didn't matter what happened now, she could not change the way she felt and hopes that we can still keep in contact. I don't expect for us to ever get back together but I was pretty close to her family and we had a lot of good times together and that's not something I want to throw away.
    Sure there are plenty more fish in the sea but I will always remember this one as the one that got away

Mizfit is offline Banned
    UPDATE*********
    We just spoke on the phone and decided it would be best for both of us if we didn't continue the relationship. I really feel bad about how it turned out but there's nothing I can do about it now.
    She said it didn't matter what happened now, she could not change the way she felt and hopes that we can still keep in contact. I don't expect for us to ever get back together but I was pretty close to her family and we had a lot of good times together and that's not something I want to throw away.
    Sure there are plenty more fish in the sea but I will always remember this one as the one that got away
    I'm not sure if i re call how old you are, but hun in all honesty - u barely knew her and how close did u get to her family in such a short time?

Don't try so hard to make it fit.. espcially so soon.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    UPDATE*********
    Bro, you didnt exactly have alot of time invested - not to be mean. I understand the family ordeal, My ex-fiance and I lived next to her parents for the last 3 yrs, and I was inseperable from her father, loved her whole family. Problem is, it's not the girls family you have to connect with, it's the girl.

Also my daughter has known them as her grandparents her whole life considering she was 1 when my ex and I got together, and that made it 3 times as more difficult for me. I still have to answer questions and explain why we dont live where we lived anymore etc etc....be happy things ended now bro.

slob is offline Member
    I'm not going to lose sleep over it Mizfit. She told me that her family were really keen on me because I was one of the only guys that had ever met them and actually gave a crap about what they had to say.
    She said her younger sister had brought home a few guys and they barely acknowledged the rest of the family.
    Anyway I'm happy to let it go now after I sit back and look at it.
    Thanks for all the advice everyone gave, it helped me see it from a different perspective.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information