Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tyson vs ali

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    any time tyson ever fought ANYBODY....he got smoked....ali fought anybody and everyone....and won most
    im not following?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by italianplayboy09
    im not following?
    every boxer that got put in front of tyson was a bum, dead meat, made tyson look better than he actually was/is.....just my .02

every boxer that got put in front of tyson was a bum, dead meat, made tyson look better than he actually was/is.....just my .02
    larry holmes and "bonecrusher" smith werent bums and he fought the respectable #1 and #2 fighters during his time.

Slick Arrado is offline Member
    larry holmes and "bonecrusher" smith werent bums

LOL!! Jpkman probably thought Holmes came out of retirement to fight Tyson, or something.

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Joe Frazier and Mike Tyson are similar in their styles. Frazier broke Ali's jaw in their first fight in the second round and Ali finished the fight. Nobody in my opinion hit harder than Joe Frazier not even Tyson. Tyson never broke anybody's jaw. Ali beat Joe Frazier to death in all thier fights even though he lost the first one, Joe Frazier was in the hospital for two weeks and couldn't even remember his name. Ali hands down, too fast, would punish Tyson for many rounds. Tyson hit hard but not hard enough to knock Ali out in his prime, nobody could.

Mike_Huck is offline Banned
    How about Prince VS Michael Jackson?????

stewie is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooners04
    Joe Frazier and Mike Tyson are similar in their styles. Frazier broke Ali's jaw in their first fight in the second round and Ali finished the fight. Nobody in my opinion hit harder than Joe Frazier not even Tyson. Tyson never broke anybody's jaw. Ali beat Joe Frazier to death in all thier fights even though he lost the first one, Joe Frazier was in the hospital for two weeks and couldn't even remember his name. Ali hands down, too fast, would punish Tyson for many rounds. Tyson hit hard but not hard enough to knock Ali out in his prime, nobody could.
    u da man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Arrado
    LOL!! Jpkman probably thought Holmes came out of retirement to fight Tyson, or something.

still...he fought the respectable #1 and #2 fighters that were around, isnt his fault not that many fighters were big time

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stewie
    tyson has the brain of a mouse,thats his problem
    on the other hand ali is smart and more powerfull
    id say ali would take him down easy hes a LEGEND

tyson scares people to death before he gets into a fight, thats how he wins
    again on the other hand ali is not scared of anyone
    thats total bullshit...what you saying is he made them scared so thats why 44 out of 50 were ko'd, cause they were 'scared' RIGHT

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rar1015
    I think Ali would take it. He was a much smarter fighter IMO.
    much smarter..thats why hes like brain dead today...yeah sure the famous 'rope a dope' we see where that got ali today..the guy can barely talk straight...

and i believe there was an interview between the two and tyson said ali would beat him and ali said he tought tyson would beat himself...soooo

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aadrenaline
    much smarter..thats why hes like brain dead today...yeah sure the famous 'rope a dope' we see where that got ali today..the guy can barely talk straight...

and i believe there was an interview between the two and tyson said ali would beat him and ali said he tought tyson would beat himself...soooo
    I thought those were separate interviews.

Sooners: That is some good logic. We don't really know who the more powerful puncher is but Frazier was a very bad man, very strong. I just think Tyson's boxing style was better than his and every one of Iron Mikes punches looked devastating.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    ali..

thats total bullshit...what you saying is he made them scared so thats why 44 out of 50 were ko'd, cause they were 'scared' RIGHT
    its not the only reason
    the guy threw some punches too for sure

parkinsons daa!!

carved.in.stone is offline Junior Member
    Some of you have this so wrong.

In their prime ali would have demolished tyson no problem, dont forget Forman, frazier and sonny liston all huge punchers.

Also dont forget no-one sore ali fight in his prime remember his four year suspension when he refused to go to vietnam.

An amazing brawler WILL always lose to an amazing boxer.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carved.in.stone
    Some of you have this so wrong.

In their prime ali would have demolished tyson no problem, dont forget Forman, frazier and sonny liston all huge punchers.

Also dont forget no-one sore ali fight in his prime remember his four year suspension when he refused to go to vietnam.

An amazing brawler WILL always lose to an amazing boxer.
    You really can't say that. Ali lost to an amazing brawler.

carved.in.stone is offline Junior Member
    not in his prime, we never sore that unfortunalty. Perhaps the statement was a bit bold, never the less ali got my vote.

tysons uppercut is probably the most devastating uppercut to graze the sport of boxing...frazier was powerful but you cant compete with tysons uppercut

tysons uppercut is probably the most devastating uppercut to graze the sport of boxing...frazier was powerful but you cant compete with tysons uppercut
    Also hard to compete with his hunger for ears

Also hard to compete with his hunger for ears
    lol...when that happened i totatly lost all my respect for tyson. i remember watching it live and seeing it all go down with the mouth guard being spat out and then the chomp...shame

same here i went to a bar that was showing it for free and was so disappointed at the quick ending...had to start up a fight of my own...LOL....got a heavy ass glass pitcher busted over my head...LOL...by the dudes girl! Oh, yeah, almost forgot a chair busted over my back...LOL...One of the few bar fights i ever seen/got into but it was a doozy..Now you know why I think Tyson is such a bum! LOL

harleystrongman is offline Junior Member

In tysons prime he reinged supreem.

tyson would win, if both were in there primes, but tyson is washed up, and the middle weight champion could probably work him over.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty
    Wait wait wait. Are we talking about "clean" Tyson, or "OD'd on cheque drops " Tyson? Because if it's the latter, Ali would lose the fight....... and perhaps an ear.

ect0m0rph is offline Member
    Ali is the better fighter but Tyson has the one punch knockout. Ali could beat him but would have to watch out for the heavy hands.

1buffsob is offline Mr.Modesty

The man has Parkinson's Disease. Has nothing to do with boxing.

Ya Dig? is offline Junior Member

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackamaniac
    Tyson was the more powerfull fighter..Ali was more elegant dancing type boxer...Tyson was a puncher..
    common misconception...tyson was a monster puncher but if you ever saw him train live or get in a situation in a fight where he needed the movement, he was very, very skilled at it. fantastic head movement and decent footwork. he was usually on the attack but spent alot of time working on defense. not too much time to show defensive skill when you're droppin people in 1 round. as far as the ali-tyson thing, i dont know. ive spent alot of time with alot of heavyweights in the past years so im prejudice towards them. ive never seen ali fight except on film. met ali a few times and spent time with mike as well. both great guys in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by 1819
    common misconception...tyson was a monster puncher but if you ever saw him train live or get in a situation in a fight where he needed the movement, he was very, very skilled at it. fantastic head movement and decent footwork. he was usually on the attack but spent alot of time working on defense. not too much time to show defensive skill when you're droppin people in 1 round. as far as the ali-tyson thing, i dont know. ive spent alot of time with alot of heavyweights in the past years so im prejudice towards them. ive never seen ali fight except on film. met ali a few times and spent time with mike as well. both great guys in my book.
    you had a normal conversation with mike? how could you relate to anything he was saying? if i had a chance to meet mike i wouldnt know what to talk about b/c he prolly wants to tell me about his pigeons

1819 is offline Senior Member
    you had a normal conversation with mike? how could you relate to anything he was saying? if i had a chance to meet mike i wouldnt know what to talk about b/c he prolly wants to tell me about his pigeons
    lol. yea spent time w/him on a few occasions. dont always believe the media. alot of good people in the media but many, many vampires. many times no story translates to- make a story. as an athlete i usually was pretty tolerant of them but as ive gotten older i have less and less respect for them. mike is no angel but he's nowhere near as bad as he's portrayed. i also think they are the number one reason for the witch hunt going on in this country with steroids .

Frazier's hook was nothing to laugh at either.

Quote Originally Posted by ect0m0rph
    Ali is the better fighter but Tyson has the one punch knockout. Ali could beat him but would have to watch out for the heavy hands.

Ali could take a punch bro. He didn't have the heaviest hands, but they were fast and his chin was solid. Not to hijack, but Tyson is one of the few with a sturdy chin AND dynamite fists.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Arrado
    Frazier's hook was nothing to laugh at either.

very true

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information