Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    THANKS BOYS...i KNOW damn WELL ITS SCEWED....I would have guessed 7%...maybe 5% a few months ago but not now....my abs arent nearly as diced as they were but my obliques are prtty finger like....I stick to the course...Just hate feeling like shit and hopefully itll go away soon....screw the abs and bf...I just want to be big...if it means eating clean m-f and treating myself right on the weekends for once to whatever, that maybe be a solid plan? Or a high caloric (homemade) prebed shake? Is that an option? Sipped thoughout the night? PB, Oats, casein.....not sur eyou want oats in the but something....that's in additional to my salmon on flank 1/2 hour before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scary ASS Bodyfat!-8.jpg  

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Damn bro, no offense but you are EXTREMELY skinny and frail looking in that pic..
    Stick to the plan and keep on a clean diet 3000-3500 calories/day. No need in eating junk as it will result in putting on unwanted bodyfat which in no way will help you reach your goals.. a clean 3000ish calories/day will put healthy weight on your and keep bodyfat to a minimum. If you feel it isn't enough then bump your calories up a bit to say 3600-3800/day. Just don't cram down junk in place of solid healthy foods is all I'm saying.

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    you look riped bro keep it up

I gotcha bro...but a good out to eat dinner, steak and a potatoe and some ice cream on the weekends, or a buffet, rationale, wouldnt be a bad idea either....I am sticking to 3k.....maybe 3500 next week.....we'll see how it goes....I feel MUCH better eating every 2 hours, but today I went hypo for some reason. I need to bust out of this and get a a comfortable weight..indguling is not how you do it, I know....but a little here and there kinda half way from what you did a few months or years back has to work....

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty
    Thanks but this as nithing to do with ripped....it's health and in order for me to hit my goals, I dint want to be ripped...I nmeed the cusion, thats wy im weak...bone on bone....plus my heart......I just need to chill, eat good wholsome foods and endugle like Faiz and Nark do sometimes....I know IBF has been known for a ZA here and there....come on brutha..my treat.

armbar83 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty
    I disagree, no offense but i think you look unhealthy.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote - Ian Harrison

It’s a fact that bodybuilders do not stay within 5-10 pounds of their contest shape, not if they are one of the monsters up there. Ian has an extremely insane regimen, in which he eats anything he can get his hands on all day, and essentially just makes sure that he gets 50 grams of protein in him every two hours to keep his amino acid intake up.

Lee Priest is the same way, in one interview he stated that he had lost, something like 300 pounds over the last three years! That’s insane! But do you think he could have developed a physique that freaky by staying lean all year long? Absolutely not! If you have ever seen his videos, you know that Lee feasts on Kentucky Fried Chicken, Mc Donalds, and other tasty food sources in the off season. One of my favorite quotes from him during a contest was this:

Just three more days, and no more chicken and rice. Actually I will eat chicken, but it will be Kentucky, and I will have rice, but it’ll be fried. “

Lee’s got a good sense of humor. Another story that comes to mind is Mike Mattarazzos off season shakes! Here is a quote from the man with the freakiest arms of all time!

If I couldn't finish a meal during the day, I would put a cup and a half of apple juice in the blender -- and this is the honest-to-God truth -- and throw steaks, fish, whatever I couldn't chew, into the blender. Then I would hold my nose and suck it down. That's a fact. Many times I puked that stuff back up, but it did the job….If you have been working hard in the gym, but you're not making the gains you want, there's one very simple reason: You're not eating enough.

As you have also noticed and heard, many bodybuilders eat junk food in the off season, because it is impossible to stay clean and get the amount of calories needed for these mammoths to gain size! Some of the most hardcore athletes in the world will actually bring their fast food meals with them to the gym so that they continue to stay in a state of anabolism! That’s no joke, its what they do to obtain freaky big size( you can’t pick that up in a text book)!

Junk food is so calorie dense, that if you maintain a high protein intake you can gain quite a bit of muscle mass off the stuff. Take the Austrian Oak for example. When he went in the military, all they had was junk food. However, he had to eat, or he couldn’t continue to grow. He rolled up his sleeves and ate as much of these foods as possible, and ended up putting on about 40 pounds! More than he had ever gained!

Am I telling you to go out and start eating junk food? No and no wise although you may advance to a point in which it is necessary). What I am telling you, is that you are going to have to eat like you want to be freaky, or you will never be freaky! If you can’t finish your meal, tuff! Rest pause for 5 minutes and force it down. There is no excuse for not gaining mass, you just need to do what it takes to gain i

If you want to be one of the big boys, you can't just say eat when you are hungry. Or I'll just eat this, or I'm full, I can't eat that. You've got to just eat it. You're not eating cause you like it, you're eating to grow! If you have to force feed yourself, then do it! When I stopped competing it took me months to regain my appetite. I mean since I was 15 I force fed myself constantly, and you get to hate the idea of eating. But that’s what it took“

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Quote - Ian Harrison

It’s a fact that bodybuilders do not stay within 5-10 pounds of their contest shape, not if they are one of the monsters up there. Ian has an extremely insane regimen, in which he eats anything he can get his hands on all day, and essentially just makes sure that he gets 50 grams of protein in him every two hours to keep his amino acid intake up.

Lee Priest is the same way, in one interview he stated that he had lost, something like 300 pounds over the last three years! That’s insane! But do you think he could have developed a physique that freaky by staying lean all year long? Absolutely not! If you have ever seen his videos, you know that Lee feasts on Kentucky Fried Chicken, Mc Donalds, and other tasty food sources in the off season. One of my favorite quotes from him during a contest was this:

Just three more days, and no more chicken and rice. Actually I will eat chicken, but it will be Kentucky, and I will have rice, but it’ll be fried. “

Lee’s got a good sense of humor. Another story that comes to mind is Mike Mattarazzos off season shakes! Here is a quote from the man with the freakiest arms of all time!

If I couldn't finish a meal during the day, I would put a cup and a half of apple juice in the blender -- and this is the honest-to-God truth -- and throw steaks, fish, whatever I couldn't chew, into the blender. Then I would hold my nose and suck it down. That's a fact. Many times I puked that stuff back up, but it did the job….If you have been working hard in the gym, but you're not making the gains you want, there's one very simple reason: You're not eating enough.

As you have also noticed and heard, many bodybuilders eat junk food in the off season, because it is impossible to stay clean and get the amount of calories needed for these mammoths to gain size! Some of the most hardcore athletes in the world will actually bring their fast food meals with them to the gym so that they continue to stay in a state of anabolism! That’s no joke, its what they do to obtain freaky big size( you can’t pick that up in a text book)!

Junk food is so calorie dense, that if you maintain a high protein intake you can gain quite a bit of muscle mass off the stuff. Take the Austrian Oak for example. When he went in the military, all they had was junk food. However, he had to eat, or he couldn’t continue to grow. He rolled up his sleeves and ate as much of these foods as possible, and ended up putting on about 40 pounds! More than he had ever gained!

Am I telling you to go out and start eating junk food? No and no wise although you may advance to a point in which it is necessary). What I am telling you, is that you are going to have to eat like you want to be freaky, or you will never be freaky! If you can’t finish your meal, tuff! Rest pause for 5 minutes and force it down. There is no excuse for not gaining mass, you just need to do what it takes to gain i

If you want to be one of the big boys, you can't just say eat when you are hungry. Or I'll just eat this, or I'm full, I can't eat that. You've got to just eat it. You're not eating cause you like it, you're eating to grow! If you have to force feed yourself, then do it! When I stopped competing it took me months to regain my appetite. I mean since I was 15 I force fed myself constantly, and you get to hate the idea of eating. But that’s what it took“
    Agreed, you need to have 24hr dedication and motivation and eat to grow

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    what are you talking about ripped....he looks like hes sick.......man you need to starting eating more......you look like youd break if you fell on the ground

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    i mean look at his hand and forearm it looks like just bones and skn......

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Columbus, You know how anal i am with my diet... but receently me and C made some adjustments and he is teaching me how to think realistically more. I agree with I B D he is a guru but however i feel cheating once in a while will be good... MIND YOU My cheat is not really "a cheat per se" i never eat junk i was going for more of a carb up or some healthy "cheat " options like a sub, sushi , some muscle milk shakes, a few extra cups of oatmeal,fruits etc. etc.. You get the idea.. its not "clean" but its not "dirty" ya know? like say on the weekend you go out for steak and black beans.. thats cool man... thats just my .2

HMMM Guys... so Columbus is 2.5 % do you think the "post contest" rebound theory could apply to him here?

good post faiz and thats what I/'m gonna do...my pop just invited me to this place up north for an incredible roast beef sandwhioch.....best in the NE...he hasnt eaten red meat in 10 years but said we both need a change....this what you talking about? A fat corn beef on rye!

healthy, fatenning but healthy....

Contest rebound would have to play a role...no? Any of you pros know? Enoug with the "SCARY AND SICK" I KNOW THAT....ITs OVER With I am beating this once and for all, just want al the tools in place.

btw no one looks healthy at 2.3...or 4.5...or whatever I may really be.....it's ok for a contest, but this has been years.......Im gonna keel over if I dont slam hard......

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FaizakaFez

HMMM Guys... so Columbus is 2.5 % do you think the "post contest" rebound theory could apply to him here?
    No.

Post-contest rebound works because of the finite time period of depletion.

Columbus has been restricting kcals and over-doing cardio for too long:

A double negative.

Though he's shredded to hell... i would still fathom that his metabolism isn't optimal at this point.

i.e. a drastic influx of kcals will result in him getting fat fast.. faster rather... than a bodybuilder who had been depleting for 12 weeks solely.

Ask I B D...

Agreed Nark, he must be careful on adding too many calories too fast IMO..

I'd suggest he hire a certified dietitian and stick to what they say and stay off the boards for quite some time, I feel they are really messing with his head and his consistency on following a solid plan.

Nah bro....you guys ( as select few know much more than most dieticians)....I visted one.....she like my diet actually, just thought a little reduction in protein and higher carbs will be better...almost a 2:1 ratio....

My metobolism nark is through the roof....no question about that.....

IBF - Agreed....my heads on straight bro...trust me, jsut worried about my health more than anything but 19 days without cardio feels good....body needs to heal...so does the two rest days......so for now, I will monitor the scale and mirror 1 x a week....I got a feeling next week I'm going to need to go from 2950 to 3100ish......extra cup of oats or some more prebed pb.....I think that's the best way to handle this......also, the best way to put on some good mass is eating something filling and nutitoiuns right before bed....Muscle milk might be another 2am option....what do you think? Mixing one up a slamming it if and only if I have to wake up to piss anyways....

Quote Originally Posted by Columbus
    My metobolism nark is through the roof....no question about that.....

IBF - Agreed....my heads on straight bro...trust me, jsut worried about my health more than anything but 19 days without cardio feels good
    You haven't been 'eating' long enough to establish the state of your metabolism.

Stick to your diet plan (appr. 3k kcals).. don't make any changes for at least 6 weeks or you'll find yourself snowballing to the other extreme of the spectrum...imo

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Maybe I missed this, but how tall are you Columbus?

You should be checked for a tapeworm, and have your colon cleaned. Something is preventing full nutrient absorption, and that's an intestinal problem.

M.
    Last edited by magic32; 01-17-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    That isnt healty at all.

PB has stated that you have posted a thread on more than one occasion about your extremly low bf %. Why else would you start another in the bussiest forum with no regard to steroids or questions concerning them. Attention I assume.

This isnt a flame and no way do I want it to be percieved that way.

I hope things improve and wish you well.

fatrock is offline Member
    Thats insane bro, just keep up what you are doing. Perfect beast is right
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    if your gaining a 1lb a week then just keep doing what you are doing mate. in a few weeks you will have put on some good size.
    Soon you will not be worrying about your health.

Good Luck.

i'VE BEEN EATING LIKE THIS FOR WELL OVER 3 MONTHS bro......recently (say last 4 weeks, I ve changed my macro ratio and reduced my cals to be in line with the BMR which I never used before....prior to that I was HIGHER than 3K and still not much in way of gains and I even was on a dumb ass hrt cycle of 250mg test........thoughts?

complete accident and DO NOT WANT ATTENTION....I apologize...please move it if you can....truly.....did not want to sraw attention but you have to realize I was very scared last ight....I didnt know what to do.....thought my life was in danger and needed the support of you guys.....I'm sorry bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    That isnt healty at all.

PB has stated that you have posted a thread on more than one occasion about your extremly low bf %. Why else would you start another in the bussiest forum with no regard to steroids or questions concerning them. Attention I assume.

This isnt a flame and no way do I want it to be percieved that way.

I hope things improve and wish you well.

complete accident and DO NOT WANT ATTENTION....I apologize...please move it if you can....truly.....did not want to sraw attention but you have to realize I was very scared last ight....I didnt know what to do.....thought my life was in danger and needed the support of you guys.....I'm sorry bro.

I sent you a PM.

Hows your BW?

BW.?? Weight? 160?

Bloodwork.

mkv213 is offline Member
    I know a pro who used to drop down to like 3.somethin. He couldn't stay that low very long though, just show prep. It's not healty and when he was that low he was MOODY as a mofo. A little crazy even.

The best ive had is 160 with 6%

builtwithiron is offline New Member
    I've never heard of someone with bf that low before?!?

Halfcenturian is offline Associate Member

meat and potatoes

Most us lead-heads live on meat, oatmeal, and whey protein. As much as possible. Throw in some broc and apples few times a day.

Your metabolism really could be processing your calorie intake as fast as you jam it down your neck. I could not gain weight no matter what in my 20's.

You might try some powerlifting. Work up slow, and steady, eat, sleep, repeat. If your health is, in fact, OK.... That's the best you can do. Just don't quit. You have a genetic disposition that you can't do anything about. Turbo metabolism.
    EAT EVERYTHING.

BIG LITTLE MAN is offline Junior Member
    Lets see a picture of what 2.3% BF looks like.

Kevinjg is offline Associate Member
    Just a quick question?

What is your normal diet when you are cutting?

Thanks

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG LITTLE MAN
    Lets see a picture of what 2.3% BF looks like.
    its in the middle of the thread and its his avitar

mkv213 is offline Member
    Take some T-3 but try shooting for the rebound effect.

Are you serious?

i'VE BEEN EATING LIKE THIS FOR WELL OVER 3 MONTHS bro......recently (say last 4 weeks, I ve changed my macro ratio and reduced my cals to be in line with the BMR which I never used before....prior to that I was HIGHER than 3K and still not much in way of gains and I even was on a dumb ass hrt cycle of 250mg test........thoughts?
    But all the while you were doing cardio were you not?

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    complete accident and DO NOT WANT ATTENTION....I apologize...please move it if you can....truly.....
    Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    But all the while you were doing cardio were you not?
    Yes, I was doing cardio 7x a week in the am for a mere 20minut incline walk...never anymore than that and THEN training everyday afterwards....

However, none in 2007 no am cardio and diet has been slightly reduced from when I was doing cardio......scale is up 1-2 max in 17 days....doesnt make sense....would you agree I need a good weekend of just eating or maybe just a good week of excess cals? 4000-500K?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Yes, I was doing cardio 7x a week in the am for a mere 20minut incline walk...never anymore than that and THEN training everyday afterwards....

However, none in 2007 no am cardio and diet has been slightly reduced from when I was doing cardio......scale is up 1-2 max in 17 days....doesnt make sense....would you agree I need a good weekend of just eating or maybe just a good week of excess cals? 4000-500K?
    you are never happy with advice given are you. You have been told by some very knowledgable bros to keep to the diet they have helped you with yet you constantly ask "can i eat some junk" "can I cheat" "will upping calories help" You have serious personallity problems mate. You cannot take advice given and you dont stick to anything for more than a few days. Just GET ON WITH IT and STOP BITCHING.

FRIGGN chill out dude......really chill. You need one of my zolofts......seriously, its the cure all....

Hey, all I was saying was that I am MORE THAN HAPPY to stick with the plan.....I kniw it's fine to have a biog cheat day or 2 a week with no harm, but that wasn;t my question. My question was more of, am I in a dangerous place with my bf being low (even if it is 6%) o where I need 10lbs to stop the horrible feelings and stress on my organs......I'm serious. I could gain 10lbs like I am now is a couple of months, or I could gain it in about 10 days with some HEAY clean eating.........

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    im done with your pointless threads. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Quote - Ian Harrison

goose do you subscribe to this theory?? Seriously? And you are under 5%? COme on...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information