Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation .....Your girlfriend tells you she has Herpes.....

So, what would you do, if your girlfriend that came back from the doctor to get her yearly papsmere test results (typical of women i guess) told you the following:

(crying) "my doctor gave me the results, he says i test positive for herpes."

Me: WHAT THE ****?!

Her: (crying) "I must have got em from my ex, when he was sleeping around"

Me: (Thinking) K thats your fault for being with the f*** bag knowing he was gettin around.....

BTW, I got tested and tested negative. I've been with her for 1 year, i saw our relationship very seriously.....im trippin now....WTF?do I want to sacrafice love for a possible chance of catching STD's??? F-NO! cuz im thinking, what if something where to happen, break up...etc. and now im stuck with STD's?

Any words of advice? I told her that I wasnt down with catching STD's. She says she has never had a break out.....but theres always a chance i say......man i dont know what to do. Condoms for the rest of my life? lololol

Thanks homeys

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    valtrex
    abstrack@protonmail.com

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    How long have you been with her and how do you feel about her and how much does she mean to you?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    ewww.....that situations sucks....all depends on the level of feeling i guess

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    that's f*cked bro! that will take some deep thinking.

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    valtrex
    That doesn't stop the spread of herpes though, just keeps the outbreaks to a minimum.

Break up with her dude, that shit stays with you forever.

BTW you should get tested in another 6 mos, as it may not register right away. And for god sakes wrap your tool from now on.

Hunter is offline Grateful
    Quote Originally Posted by king6
    That doesn't stop the spread of herpes though, just keeps the outbreaks to a minimum.

BTW you should get tested in another 6 mos, as it may not register right away. And for god sakes wrap your tool from now on.
    actually valtrex works pretty well at preventing transmission of herpes. My whole wrestling team took valtrex during wrestling season becouse our state at a skin herpe outbreak and our team never got it. So in personal experiance I would say it does work at preventing the transmission. You love her and its not like she purposely put you in danger. However are you willing to stay on valtrex and risk it? These are just things you need to consider, good luck.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Imagine if the everybody only had one sexual partner... STD's probably wouldnt even exist.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    herpies is a sneaky std man you can have it for years without getting a breakout..

TheNextBigThing is offline Associate Member
    I myself am in a very serious relationship that has been going on for over 2 years with someone I really love. That being said, if she were to tell me that she had herpes I would be gone before she started her explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by dece870717
    Imagine if the everybody only had one sexual partner... STD's probably wouldnt even exist.
    maybe maybe not..after one disease is iraticated another disease is born. they are here for reasons.

and one partner pssh its not in our nature to have one partner.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries

Imagine if everybody had no sexual partners...then humans wouldn't even exist. Now THAT'S deep.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    Imagine if everybody had no sexual partners...then humans wouldn't even exist. Now THAT'S deep.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextBigThing
    I myself am in a very serious relationship that has been going on for over 2 years with someone I really love. That being said, if she were to tell me that she had herpes I would be gone before she started her explanation.
    I agree, its a crappy situation but I dont think I could be lovers with someone who has std's.

Snrf is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaberle_15
    I agree, its a crappy situation but I dont think I could be lovers with someone who has std's.

but pookums, baby, you said you didn't mind.....

Pro_built7 is offline Member
    I agree, check this out

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/her...alherpes_2.htm

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    abstract is right, valtrex, she has to take valtrex every day to protect you and also decrease the chances of her having an out break. i was put in the same exact situation when i was younger. i stuck it out for a while,but eventualy it was to much for me to handle. herpes can be transmitted even when your partner isnt having an otu break, valtrex decreases the chances, but i dont believe it is 100% effective, there will always be that possibility, if this isnt the girl you are going to marry, run for the hills!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    abstract is right, valtrex, she has to take valtrex every day to protect you and also decrease the chances of her having an out break. i was put in the same exact situation when i was younger. i stuck it out for a while,but eventualy it was to much for me to handle. herpes can be transmitted even when your partner isnt having an otu break, valtrex decreases the chances, but i dont believe it is 100% effective, there will always be that possibility, if this isnt the girl you are going to marry, run for the hills!
    ^^Agreed.

Evaluate the relationship as it stands... If y'all weren't thinking marriage, cut your 'losses'.

Chances are...even with the negative result, you may be carrying it. The herpes complex is a bitch like HPV...

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snrfmaster
    but pookums, baby, you said you didn't mind.....
    Noooooo I said I didnt mind the jungle down there but the infested wildlife is a problem!

Superhuman is offline Banned
    Herpes really isn't that big of a deal when you think about it. If you stay very healthy then you shouldn't expect but maybe 1 very small breakout a year (consiting of 1 little herpe blister)... and that's without medication. As far as I know it doesn't cause any problems, it's just there. If you love her then stay with her

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    you can still pass herpes on even when youdon't have an outbreak.

i say ditch it. not worth the complications

mick-g is offline Associate Member
    Yes, you can still catch herpes even if there isn't any symptoms. I would prob discuss and kind of make sure you are listening to her, because if she supposedly broke up with her ex, was he cheating on her b4 they broke up or afterwards. There is a big dif in that. Imo, if you are not that serious about her i would end it, but be gentle with her. Ultimately it is your body, and if you don't want to get infected and still have sex, you need to find a partner that is clean. I know it sounds kind of crass, but if i were in your situation, and young, i would be thinking to myself " there are so many women out there, and if im not engaged, and not really seriously in love then why prolong something if iam subjecting myself to an STD?"

Anastasia is offline Female Member
    Is she really worth it? I guess the question is Do you love her? Well hecks! You know what to do.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    Ok, so you stay with her for awhile and then you get it and you break up later on. Or get married and get divorced, your now tarnished goods dude! Aint no chicks going to jump on the snake if its shedding skin. Maybe you do love her and everything but think of this more than 50% of marriages end in divorce. Atleast if someone gets a divorce they have a shot of remarrying or being with others, unless you can guarantee not only will you marry her, but you will stay with her FOREVER then I'd say bounce, But with that being said were all a bunch of guys on an internet thread and your living the situation so you need to sit down and weigh your options. Also this is comming from a guy thats married and semi regrets it.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    hope she likes oral

and anal

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea i would leave that girl unless you love her. I actually go the herp about three years ago from some little dirty girl in my drinking days, i was wearing a condom and bam herpes for life. It really sucks when you have your first outbreak then three years later i have had one outbreak and was over in less that 2weeks. Its not that big of deal but i say that becuase i have it.

I thought I had Warts cause I had a few bumps, scared the sh!t out of me, and went away with medicine then came back 3 months later, they tested me and it came back negative, froze the bumps off and nothing for 4 years, and all test have been negative so who knows? Maybe I have HPV? My wife has been tested and she is negative, so I just hope it doesnt resurface. Mostly because it could give her cancer if thats what it was.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by king6

Never said it did. it was just an idea if he decides to stay with her.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Theres no point in having pretty heads turning
    if your genetalia be itchn and burning ~ Dave Chapel

on that note i need not advise you any further

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dhriscerr
    I thought I had Warts cause I had a few bumps, scared the sh!t out of me, and went away with medicine then came back 3 months later, they tested me and it came back negative, froze the bumps off and nothing for 4 years, and all test have been negative so who knows? Maybe I have HPV? My wife has been tested and she is negative, so I just hope it doesnt resurface. Mostly because it could give her cancer if thats what it was.
    yeah same here...i need to get tested

Pretty soon everyone in society will be infected with something. You wont even be a real man unless you have 4 or more

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    like some said you may have it and it will come up later
    if you dump her and in 3 months you blister up--she has new dude thenwhat

also remember Tommy Morrison --the boxer with hiv--says test was wrong and he dont have it--10 boxing years wasted and what emotional stress

she shoule get re tested to make sure and you should do the same--then make your decision
    but remember she didnt want it,she didnt try to get it, and at least she was honest with you

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    you loved her before she had herpes, not after... right?!

so with that being said, talk to her about it and move on. get tested twice more... every 8 months.

WOW wow WOW and holy christ..... I just got back to my computer......well for the record, I definatly could picturemyself with her for a LONG time...forever...shes f**n awesome. im 24.....young yes. but definatly in a position to say, YES I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT I AM WILLING TO GET HERPES FROM YOU.....feel me???

I dunno, shes devistated about having it. I know she'd be devistated if I was like peace bootch. Watch the movie Kids, im straight with all the itchy,dripping pole.

soo....that being said. fk, ima probablyjust break it down like this....

"look babe, noone wants STD's, I dont, and you dont. Put yourself in my shoes" ( i think that hits the nail on the head )......really though..if she was in my shoes.......maybe she'll trip on that for a bit.....im not trying to break up with someone here, thats easy, im just wei***ng out the pros and cons. shes worth staying with, but is STD's something I voluntarily want????

IM saying NO.

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE74
    How long have you been with her and how do you feel about her and how much does she mean to you?

1 Year Feburary 07'.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Fvck that, are your prepared to live with this http://www.famvir.com/info/tools/too...ces/photos.jsp Just remember Herpes is forever !!!!
    WARNING.. These pictures are GROSS dont look if you are easily offended !!!!
    Last edited by Kale; 02-22-2007 at 12:52 AM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    ahhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Fvck that, are your prepared to live with this http://www.famvir.com/info/tools/too...ces/photos.jsp Just remember Herpes is forever !!!!
    WARNING.. These pictures are GROSS dont look if you are easily offended !!!!

ughhhhhhhhhh, im on the phone right now with her..

PUNCH her in the babymaker.....or break up with her....which ever one hurts her more...muaahha

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information