Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member

Help get Michael Vick suspended from the NFL.

Fill out this petition and help get this son of a bitch suspended from the NFL for promoting dog fighting and brutally murdering innocent dogs. There's even a phone number to call NFL Commissioner Goodell's office. You know I'm leaving a message.

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/...=N12Xqn71Nbs8W

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Meh, I'll let the courts take care of this. It's in a federal court which has 95% conviction rate. No need to swamp Goodell's email and voice mail with spam.

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    He has not even been found guilty yet... You people are OUT OF CONTROL with this stuff! How about a petition to bring our Troops home??

Dog fighting NEGETIVELY IMPACTS MY LIFE more so than just about any other person on these forums… I can almost guarantee that as a fact.

Yet I don’t want to see this thing turned into a “burning at the stake”. These crimes are being vilified by the general public and media, with the same tenacity, as if they were running a "child molesting ring"!!

As much as I LOVE dogs, I think there has to be some line drawn between Man and Beast. THEY ARE NOT PEOPLE!!! As much as these HSUS and PETA "Looney Toons" would like for them to be... it just isn’t so.

BTW: Maybe some of these reporters should ask the HUMANIACS at PETA (while they are marching in front of the NFL office today) how many Pit Bulls their organization is responsible for KILLING over the past year (based on complete ignorance), puppies included. I assure you, the number is staggering. They should change their name to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (except Pit Bull’s). They are attention whoah's, who use dispicable situations like this to help keep their pockets fat, and their Whack Job operation growing.

If you all REALLY want to help out… donate to “NO KILL” shelters; particularly those which rescue APBT’s (American Pit Bull Terriers), and not PETA or HSUS. If you cant find any, email me, and I will send you a complete list of them. Stop talking the talk, and walk the walk!
    Last edited by Mogamedogz; 07-22-2007 at 10:29 AM.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Although I'm not a Michael Vick fan ... I still give him the benefit of the doubt.

He hasn't been proven guilty yet.

goober48 is offline Junior Member
    yeah i agree with quietstorm....he is innocent until proven guilty. although he prolly did all that crap lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    Although I'm not a Michael Vick fan ... I still give him the benefit of the doubt.

because this was only going on in his house !

Give me a break. This guys has plenty of money which shows he did it purely for the excitement and not the cash. I hope the NFL kicks his a$$ to the curb.

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    As much as I would love to see Michael Vick in jail for being a piece of shit on and off the field, and as much as I love all animals especially dogs I have to remind everyone:

'INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY'.....

Let's just hope they find him guilty in a hell of a hurry though.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life

Give me a break. This guys has plenty of money which shows he did it purely for the excitement and not the cash. I hope the NFL kicks his a$$ to the curb.
    It is un-American to go around persecuting people just because we PRESUME they did something wrong or immoral. He deserves a fair trial in a court of law... just like anyone else. If he is found guilty, then he should be punished accordingly for his actions.

Personally, I think he did it, and I don’t care much for the guy... But who am I to start demanding the NFL (or anyone) to punish this guy BEFORE he has even been "CONVICTED" of a crime??

That's ridiculous...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    It is un-American to go around persecuting people just because we PRESUME they did something wrong or immoral. He deserves a fair trial in a court of law... just like anyone else. If he is found guilty, then he should be punished accordingly for his actions.

Personally, I think he did it, and I don’t care much for the guy... But who am I to start demanding the NFL (or anyone) to punish this guy BEFORE he has even been "CONVICTED" of a crime??

That's ridiculous...
    I see where you are coming from and agree 100%. Nothing can be done until proven guilty in court......which will happy

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life

He wasn't living in the house .... so how's he to know what's going on there ? (presumably)

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member

Agree..

I am also not a big fan of suspending players just because they're involved in cases..but not yet found guilty of anything.

It goes hand in hand with people getting fired for having racy myspace pages..
    It is just a bad direction for this country to go in..
    CORPORATE GREED is what it comes too, and image.. NFL and other corporations really need a bad ass whoopin bring them back down to earth a bit.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    He wasn't living in the house .... so how's he to know what's going on there ? (presumably)
    that is a piss poor excuse, i have 3 properites and i am aware what the hell is going on even though i am not there.
    you are going to tell me for seven years he didnt happen to see the kenels , dog houses and dogs???GTFO!!!it is bull crap he knew, and if he didnt he is a fckn retard. speculation or not, it looks VERY bad for vick and i believe he is guilty and hope justice is served to him like a cold spike in his rectum. he is a piece of shite gheto trash, this isnt his first run in with the law.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Agreed inocent untill proven guilty. I am not for any animal rights organizations at all. I am also an avid hunter,and have a great hunting dog. But If he comes up guilty Hang is ass,or better yet put him I the ring with ronnie coleman.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    thqat is a piss poor excuse, ihave 3 properites and i am aware what the hell is going on even though i am not there.
    you are going to tell me for seven years he didnt happen to see the kenels , dog houses and dogs???GTFO!!!it is bull crap he knew, and if he didnt he is fckn retard. speculation or not, it looks VERY bad for vick and i believe he is guilty and hope justice is served to him like a cold spike in his rectum. he is a piece of shite gheto trash, this isnt his first run in with the law.
    AMEn bro!!!!!!

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    michael vick is a joke..middle finger to the crowd, water bottle bong, dog fighting..come on

man please..he's a frickin criminal period. hell his younger brother is the same way...hopefully the atl will get a new qb, sick of his ghetto ass.

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    F*CK HIM!.. he's guilty, and they need to make an example out of him for all the other millionaire gangster wannabe's in the NFL and NBA who still want to act like they live in the projects. The feds wouldnt have taken on this case if they felt they didnt have a very strong case against Vick.. besides i've seen the NFL suspend people for much less than this so they need to suspend his ass ASAP..

Quote Originally Posted by 305GUY
    F*CK HIM!.. he's guilty, and they need to make an example out of him for all the other millionaire gangster wannabe's in the NFL and NBA who still want to act like they live in the projects. The feds wouldnt have taken on this case if they felt they didnt have a very strong case against Vick.. besides i've seen the NFL suspend people for much less than this so they need to suspend his ass ASAP..
    its not some joke case either, this is a federal offense and they win about 95% of the cases they do.

Quote Originally Posted by therecanonlybe1
    man please..he's a frickin criminal period.
    Not to defend Vick... But if you are living in the United States of America, and visiting STEROID internet forums, chances are you are a criminal yourself, or are at least thinking about becoming one.

Let's not be a bunch of hypocrites now. Just because we may not MORALLY agree with what he (allegedly) does, doesn’t make it any “more” Illegal than what most of us do.

Just saying... Let's stop playing judge and jury, and let the case play out. Im sure if it were one of you, or your loved ones on trial, you would want to be presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law.

I bet a HUGE % of people in this country would like to see Vick stoned to death right now for this thing!! What does that REALLY say about us as a society??

I hear everybody saying... "Do this to Vick... or Do that to Vick... blah, blah, blah..." But how many of you "Animal Lovers" have donated time or money this past year to a "No Kill" Pit Bull rescue league? How many of you have bothered to look at the statistics of PETA and how many innocent Pit Bulls they KILL every year?? Where is the outrage over that? Where is the outrage over the Euthanization of all of the dogs found on Vick's property? Why arnt they being placed in "responsible" homes, even though they are not HUMAN aggressive??

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    He has not even been found guilty yet... You people are OUT OF CONTROL with this stuff! How about a petition to bring our Troops home??

Dog fighting NEGETIVELY IMPACTS MY LIFE more so than just about any other person on these forums… I can almost guarantee that as a fact.

Yet I don’t want to see this thing turned into a “burning at the stake”. These crimes are being vilified by the general public and media, with the same tenacity, as if they were running a "child molesting ring"!!

As much as I LOVE dogs, I think there has to be some line drawn between Man and Beast. THEY ARE NOT PEOPLE!!! As much as these HSUS and PETA "Looney Toons" would like for them to be... it just isn’t so.

BTW: Maybe some of these reporters should ask the HUMANIACS at PETA (while they are marching in front of the NFL office today) how many Pit Bulls their organization is responsible for KILLING over the past year (based on complete ignorance), puppies included. I assure you, the number is staggering. They should change their name to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (except Pit Bull’s). They are attention whoah's, who use dispicable situations like this to help keep their pockets fat, and their Whack Job operation growing.

If you all REALLY want to help out… donate to “NO KILL” shelters; particularly those which rescue APBT’s (American Pit Bull Terriers), and not PETA or HSUS. If you cant find any, email me, and I will send you a complete list of them. Stop talking the talk, and walk the walk!
    Go pound salt.

Dont turn this into a PETA thing or a comparsion of animals to humans. Basic line is that the guy is a savage who treated dogs with no respect and disposed of them with no respect for life in general.

The guy is a shit heal and should not be granted any kind of forgiveness based on his status.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Not to defend Vick... But if you are living in the United States of America, and visiting STEROID internet forums, chances are you are a criminal yourself, or are at least thinking about becoming one.

Let's not be a bunch of hypocrites now. Just because we may not MORALLY agree with what he (allegedly) does, doesn’t make it any “more” Illegal than what most of us do.

Just saying... Let's stop playing judge and jury, and let the case play out. Im sure if it were one of you, or your loved ones on trial, you would want to be presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law.

I bet a HUGE % of people in this country would like to see Vick stoned to death right now for this thing!! What does that REALLY say about us as a society??

I hear everybody saying... "Do this to Vick... or Do that to Vick... blah, blah, blah..." But how many of you "Animal Lovers" have donated time or money this past year to a "No Kill" Pit Bull rescue league? How many of you have bothered to look at the statistics of PETA and how many innocent Pit Bulls they KILL every year?? Where is the outrage over that? Where is the outrage over the Euthanization of all of the dogs found on Vick's property? Why arnt they being placed in "responsible" homes, even though they are not HUMAN aggressive??
    I donate to the humane society and I have donated funds to other various organizations that have animals best interest behind them.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i understand the innocent until proven guilty crap, but it was going on in his house. thats also been proven. say he doesnt live there but shit if someone was in my car and we got pulled over id be busted to if the other person had drugs or anything illegal on them. my opinion is that hes guilty until his money buys himself his innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    i understand the innocent until proven guilty crap, but it was going on in his house. thats also been proven. say he doesnt live there but shit if someone was in my car and we got pulled over id be busted to if the other person had drugs or anything illegal on them. my opinion is that hes guilty until his money buys himself his innocents.
    not necessarily. rarely would you get charged or even detained for anything if somebody else had something illegal in their pocket or purse and you had nothing and weren't high. just because it was his house doesn't mean he's guilty. if u let your friend use your house for a weekend while u were gone and he held dogfighting matches w/o ur knowledge does that mean you should get charged also? i personally think hes guilty but i have to go with the innocent until proven guilty thing also.

Quote Originally Posted by l2elapse
    michael vick is a joke..middle finger to the crowd, water bottle bong, dog fighting..come on
    yep the list goes on and on and will continue. u can take the guy out of the gheto, but you cant take the gheto out of the guy.

also speaking of his brother(another class act) that was REAL class when he steped on that guys face with his cleets on after the play was over.

BIG difference what we do on this board and what Vick allegedly did, in our case the only people hurt(if at all) would be ourselves not innocent animals or people.comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges or like a parking violation with manslaughter.

no i didnt donate to peta,but i have rescued a pitbull from a parking lot that was abandoned and found him a home myself and also took a cat off the street and fixed her up and kept her. it isnt important what you do for peta, it is important what you do for the animals, or what you shouldnt do to animals(like in vicks case)

this about sums up how fckn dumb this guy is

Michael Vick? Really?!? You didn't want to throw your weed away before you went through security? Really?!? You have 117 million dollars left on your contract. Do you know what 117 million dollars means? You can afford to replace your weed if you have to throw it away at the airport. Even my dumbest high school friends know to throw their weed away at the airport, and they have NO MONEY and LOVE weed!

And you got caught at the Miami Airport? Really? You didn't think they would check for drugs at the airport in Miami?

And, also, I don't know if you've heard, but you can't bring bottled water past security any more. So you hid your weed -- which is not allowed on a plane -- in another thing that is not allowed on a plane. That's like hiding your weed in the barrel of a gun or in the mouth of an endangered species. Really?

Michael Vick, do you not have an entourage? Because you should put together an entourage, and the first guy in that entourage should be called "Michael Vick's Official Weed Carrier."

and, also -- you were flying back to Atlanta. Where you live. Do you not keep weed at your house? Because, if you like weed, you should have some at your house. Really!

Michael Vick, throw your weed away. I know you're a running quarterback, but throw.. it.. away!

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    Michael Vick, throw your weed away. I know you're a running quarterback, but throw.. it.. away!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Basic line is that the guy is a savage who treated dogs with no respect and disposed of them with no respect for life in general.

Sounds like you got it all figured out. Why bother even having a trial? They should string him up on the 50 yrd line during the Super Bowl half-time show, and we can all stone him. Just like we should have done to the Duke Lacrosse team.... oh wait..

NEWSFLASH... this is NOT a third world country. In this country (thankfully) we ALL have the right to a trial. You should be thankful for it too.
    Last edited by Mogamedogz; 07-22-2007 at 10:04 PM.

BIG difference what we do on this board and what Vick allegedly did, in our case the only people hurt(if at all) would be ourselves not innocent animals or people.comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges or like a parking violation with manslaughter.
    I wasn’t comparing the "Severity" of the crimes. I was just pointing out that they are both "equally illegal" (not equally as bad).

I wasn’t comparing the "Severity" of the crimes. I was just pointing out that they are both "equally illegal" (not equally as bad).
    point taken but also cutting off the tag of a matress is illegal. there are some things that make more sense than others in the realm of legality.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member

Vick should be suspended.

Sometimes it's necesary to put an animal to sleep rather than let it suffer. The SPCA does it very painlessly. I know cuz my sister volunteers at an animal shelter.

It's not that Vick is connected to the killing of pit bulls it's that he made them suffer for amusement. Your right, he's innocent until proven guilty and I don't really care what the feds to to him, but under the NFL's new conduct rules he shouldn't have the right to play in and represent the NFL.

point taken but also cutting off the tag of a matress is illegal. there are some things that make more sense than others in the realm of legality.
    "Morally" I agree with you... the crimes are on opposite ends of the spectrum (Steroid use and animal fighting), but "legally" one is no more against the law than the other.

For someone in here to call him a "Criminal", while ordering illegal substances from an UL, is pretty hypocritical (IMO).

Again... I AM NOT A VICK SUPPORTER. Personally, I can’t stand the guy. My wife and I operate as a FREE (game bred) pit bull rescue league with our OWN money. Anyone who does what Vick is accused of doing, fly's straight in the face of everything positive that we do for the breed (365 days a year, not just when something bad like this happens).

I just think that the uproar people are in is FANATICAL. It is out of control. The guy is still an American citizen, and has the same right to trial as you or I.

IMO, all of this “He is from the Ghetto… He is trash!! Let’s get him!!” MOB mentality, is crazy! How can we demand him to act “civilized”, if we can’t act “civil” ourselves??

Quote Originally Posted by Tazwell
    Your right, he's innocent until proven guilty and I don't really care what the feds to to him, but under the NFL's new conduct rules he shouldn't have the right to play in and represent the NFL.
    Why do you care what action the NFL takes, but NOT the GOVERNMENT? I don’t get that...

So it would be ok (with you) if the feds just dropped the charges, so long as the NFL ban’s him for violating their "conduct rules"??

"Morally" I agree with you... the crimes are on opposite ends of the spectrum (Steroid use and animal fighting), but "legally" one is no more against the law than the other.

For someone in here to call him a "Criminal", while ordering illegal substances from an UL, is pretty hypocritical (IMO).

Again... I AM NOT A VICK SUPPORTER. Personally, I can’t stand the guy. My wife and I operate as a FREE (game bred) pit bull rescue league with our OWN money. Anyone who does what Vick is accused of doing, fly's straight in the face of everything positive that we do for the breed (365 days a year, not just when something bad like this happens).

I just think that the uproar people are in is FANATICAL. It is out of control. The guy is still an American citizen, and has the same right to trial as you or I.

IMO, all of this “He is from the Ghetto… He is trash!! Let’s get him!!” MOB mentality, is crazy! How can we demand him to act “civilized”, if we can’t act “civil” ourselves??
    it doesnt matter, the guy has smeared his name time and time again and now its very serious. EVEN if by some chance he gets free from trial, his name will never be the same. Point in case, OJ

Quote Originally Posted by l2elapse
    it doesnt matter, the guy has smeared his name time and time again and now its very serious. EVEN if by some chance he gets free from trial, his name will never be the same. Point in case, OJ
    Now we are comparing him to O.J Simpson!?? lol- WOW... is that what this has come to?? The guy hasnt even been arrained yet guys!! Seriously...

Couldnt he just as easily be one of the Duke Lacrosse players??

Im just playing the Devil's advocate here. I personally think he did it, and will be punished accordingly.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    Why do you care what action the NFL takes, but NOT the GOVERNMENT? I don’t get that...

So it would be ok (with you) if the feds just dropped the charges, so long as the NFL ban’s him for violating their "conduct rules"??
    I hope the feds don't drop the charges, but the topic of this thread is suspending Vick and IMO I think he deserves a suspension.

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'm with Mogamedogz on this one.

I think it's disgusting and he is "most likely" guilty. BUT....Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. PETA is jumping on the publicity bandwagon. The guy has not been convicted of anything, so until then. Everyone should reserve judgment, if it was you I'm sure you'd want the same treatment.

The other thing that make me laugh in this case is how people are so quick to Kill Vick on this matter. Yet they just came back from the grocery store, with their Chicken and Beef. Dog's somehow get preferential treatment in the animal world. The inhumane treatment of Cows and Chickens somehow get overlooked, when in all reality their treatment may be worse than fighting dogs. I totally understand that Dogs are man's best friend and I think that dog fighting is awful. But I did have to take a look at the my own hypocrisy when I choose what animals "should" be treated well and which ones deserve to suffer.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Go pound salt.

Dont turn this into a PETA thing or a comparsion of animals to humans. Basic line is that the guy is a savage who treated dogs with no respect and disposed of them with no respect for life in general.

The guy is a shit heal and should not be granted any kind of forgiveness based on his status.

AMEN!

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    I'm with Mogamedogz on this one.

I think it's disgusting and he is "most likely" guilty. BUT....Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. PETA is jumping on the publicity bandwagon. The guy has not been convicted of anything, so until then. Everyone should reserve judgment, if it was you I'm sure you'd want the same treatment.

The other thing that make me laugh in this case is how people are so quick to Kill Vick on this matter. Yet they just came back from the grocery store, with their Chicken and Beef. Dog's somehow get preferential treatment in the animal world. The inhumane treatment of Cows and Chickens somehow get overlooked, when in all reality their treatment may be worse than fighting dogs. I totally understand that Dogs are man's best friend and I think that dog fighting is awful. But I did have to take a look at the my own hypocrisy when I choose what animals "should" be treated well and which ones deserve to suffer.

We dont have the cows bite each other to death..

Guy knew what was going on and since I have no power to convict I get to rant what an asshole he is...

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    We dont have the cows bite each other to death..

Guy knew what was going on and since I have no power to convict I get to rant what an asshole he is...
    Yeah Cow's don't bite each other to death, true.

Excerpts from a Washington Post article:

Under a 23-year-old federal law, slaughtered cattle and hogs first must be “stunned” — rendered insensible to pain — with a blow to the head or an electric shock. But at overtaxed plants, the law is sometimes broken, with cruel consequences for animals as well as workers. Enforcement records, interviews, videos and worker affidavits describe repeated violations of the Humane Slaughter Act at dozens of slaughterhouses, ranging from the smallest, custom butcheries to modern, automated es-tablishments such as the sprawling IBP Inc. plant here where Moreno works.

For example, the government took no action against a Texas beef company that was cited 22 times in 1998 for violations that included chopping hooves off live cattle. In another case, agency supervisors failed to take action on multiple complaints of animal cruelty at a Florida beef plant and fired an animal health technician for reporting the problems. The dismissal letter sent to the technician, Tim Walker, said his dislosure had “irreparably damaged” the agency’s relations with the packing plant.

“I complained to everyone — I said, ‘Lookit, they’re skinning live cows in there,’ “ Walker said. “Always it was the same answer: ‘We know it’s true. But there’s nothing we can do about it.’

One Texas plant, Supreme Beef Packers in Ladonia, had 22 violations in six months. During one inspection, federal officials found nine live cattle dangling from an overhead chain. But managers at the plant, which an-nounced last fall it was ceasing opera-tions, resisted USDA warnings, saying its practices were no different than oth-ers in the industry. “Other plants are not subject to such extensive scrutiny of their stunning activities,” the plant complained in a 1997 letter to the USDA.

Hogs, unlike cattle, are dunked in tanks of hot water after they are stunned to soften the hides for skinning. As a result, a botched slaughter condemns some hogs to being scalded and drowned. Secret videotape from an Iowa pork plant [provided by the Humane Farming Association] shows hogs squealing and kicking as they are being lowered into the water. USDA documents and interviews with inspectors and plant workers attributed many of the problems to poor training, faulty or poorly maintained equipment or excessive production speeds. Those problems were identified five years ago in an industry-wide audit by Temple Grandin, an assistant professor with Colorado State University’s animal sciences department. . . .

Like I said I understand that dogs are man's best friend. But anyone who thinks this kind of treatment is acceptable while dog fighting is somehow different and "more" brutal, if one can even compare which offense is worse. But there is some blatant hypocrisy going down here.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information