Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ajc330 is offline Senior Member
    Doc Sust and 305

My heroes in this thread I love you two

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    You gotta love the typical American response. "Burn him at the stake" bla bla bla

But by all means, sum it up for me because I dont know what he supposedly did. Hell, i don't know shit about Vick other than he is NFL QB. For what team? **** if i know
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 07-24-2007 at 03:22 PM.
    ***No source checks!!!***

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    No one is saying burn him at the stake yet. Just when he is found guilty, he should face a harsh punishment.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    The NFL sucks balls anyways... Four downs for ten yards? Are you serious??

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Well about 263,000 people think he should be suspended and so did the Falcons up til an hour ago when the NFL said to hold off on the suspension. Fact of the matter is there were witnesses to Vick being at the dog fights and that will probably be the testimony that decides the case. Next is him losing his Nike contract.

https://community.hsus.org/humane/no...er_id=12772786
    Last edited by jerseyboy; 07-24-2007 at 05:24 PM.

takedownII is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Hold on here. So you believe that since we "eat" Chickens and Cows. They are somehow less of an animal than dogs? That they deserve to suffer?

I'm not sure I understand your logic, some are being tortured and killed for entertainment and some or being tortured and killed for food but you can justify the fact the we eat them to make their torture acceptable?

Shit bro, you do not need to treat animals the way we do because you eat them. There are are alternatives to pain and suffering.
    i don't believe cows and chickens are less than dogs, however i choose to eat cows and chickens. this being said, they must be killed to be eaten. in a perfect world, they would be killed humanely, maybe injecting something to make them fall asleep, i don't really know. i've seen videos about livestock that make me want to vomit bro, and i hate watching anything die period, let alone how some of these animals die, but they have to die, period.

the bottom line is they HAVE to die or i'm a fu**in vegetarian and that aint happening. dogs being killed for entertainment is wrong, fu**anything killed for entertainment is wrong, but when it's killed for food (a purpose) it's ok in my eyes, i would like it to be done humanely, but that can't be done all of the time. hell, if dogs were killed the same way cows are for food, that would be ok imo, it's for a reasonable purpose.

can you imagine the cost of meat if we kept and killed all livestock animals in what people consider to be a "humane" way? the price would be ridiculous! you say it's worth the price when you're paying 2.99 a pound now, but what happens when it's 20$ pound? you won't say the same...

also, what are some of these alternatives to pain and suffering you speak of? i watched a video the other day where a lion ate a gazelle or some shi* while it was still alive! NATURE is not humane when it comes to food either.

would you feel better if i stalked a cow and then jumped on it's back to kill it for food? is that better than what is currently taking place? both are bad ways to die bro....both have pain and suffering.....

Cows and chickens are bred to be slaughtered for food. Not to be murdered for entertainment purposes. They wouldn't even exist if they weren't needed for food. If the whole country decided tomorrow to turn vegetarian there would be no need to breed chickens and livestock at all. I'm not crazy about eating meat myself but I'm not ready to turn vegan just yet thank you.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    Cows and chickens are bred to be slaughtered for food. Not to be murdered for entertainment purposes. They wouldn't even exist if they weren't needed for food. If the whole country decided tomorrow to turn vegetarian there would be no need to breed chickens and livestock at all. I'm not crazy about eating meat myself but I'm not ready to turn vegan just yet thank you.
    So is cock fighting equally inhumane? Is Roy Jones a piece of shit for raising chickens that fight. I'm not condoning dogfighting or what Mike Vick did, but the way some of you talk about the guy you'd think he just raped a bunch of children.

Doc Sus claims that he is a ghetto kid, not true, Vick is a country boy from VA. Hardly the ghetto's you see in big cities. If he's guilty he'll go to jail and his career would be over. Plain and simple. If he's innocent then how will you all recant what you have said.

Doc Sus, there is a law in Nevada that a home owner isn't always responsible for what goes on at a home if that isn't there primary residence. Like you I own multiple properties and I am aware of what goes on in them. But there are property owners and property holding firms who own large amounts of homes, some of which are crack houses in Las Vegas. If the DEA or the police department raid the house for drugs and the home owner is found not to be involved, he/she is not charged.

But again that isn't the extent of the evidence against Vick. The main evidence against him is the word of 3 other's the claim to have seen him at the property.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch I suggest you go and read all 18 pages of the indictment and awaiting the outcome of the trial before passing judgement.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The difference in cows and dogs are that cows are not pets. If you lived in Asia then I guess eating dogs would be acceptable, but you dont.

If cows are rasied as pets, then they are treated as pets by the person who owns them and if they were abused as pets, then the same punishment would be granted as M.V.

I believe he should go to trail, but I dont believe for one bit that his bullshit response of "he didnt know it was going on?"

How and the hell do you have over 50 dogs on your property, some of them are scarred, some of them have blood stains on them. Its not like they were all well bathed dogs living in his house as house pets.

fukc michael vick and his NFL status. That mf'er can burn in hell with his trophy.

What if he was a pedophile and your daughter was raped at his house and they found all kind of evidence to conclude that there were more cases of child abuse going on there and he come sout and says. "i didnt know my family members were doing that?" "They were taking advantage of my generousity and handy cam" I guess you could still say. He deserves a trial to be proven guilty.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    It would appear that both of the Vick brothers are bad news. So sad, with all the talent they possess...

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31
    So is cock fighting equally inhumane? Is Roy Jones a piece of shit for raising chickens that fight. I'm not condoning dogfighting or what Mike Vick did, but the way some of you talk about the guy you'd think he just raped a bunch of children.

Doc Sus claims that he is a ghetto kid, not true, Vick is a country boy from VA. Hardly the ghetto's you see in big cities. If he's guilty he'll go to jail and his career would be over. Plain and simple. If he's innocent then how will you all recant what you have said.

Doc Sus, there is a law in Nevada that a home owner isn't always responsible for what goes on at a home if that isn't there primary residence. Like you I own multiple properties and I am aware of what goes on in them. But there are property owners and property holding firms who own large amounts of homes, some of which are crack houses in Las Vegas. If the DEA or the police department raid the house for drugs and the home owner is found not to be involved, he/she is not charged.

But again that isn't the extent of the evidence against Vick. The main evidence against him is the word of 3 other's the claim to have seen him at the property.

Before anyone gets their panties in a bunch I suggest you go and read all 18 pages of the indictment and awaiting the outcome of the trial before passing judgement.
    Honestly, If Vick were white would you be putting up such a defense for him then?

Yes, cock fighting is inhumane, wrong and illegal. If Vick had raped a bunch of children I'd want to see him in jail for the rest of his life. Not just suspended from football. I'm not going to apologize for being more compassionate toward animals (especially dogs) than the next guy. Studies have proven that people willing to maim or kill animals with no remorse are more capable to do the same to another human. Think about it that way if it makes it easier for you. If by some miracle of justice somehow proves he did not know or take part in the dogfighting on his own property I will recant. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Federal documents show that the fighting has been taking place since at least 2002, That's 5 years. 45 dogs were recovered from his property and 7 corpses dug up. Equipment like rape stands and tread mills were also found there. But he didn't know anything about it. It's his f'ing property and he hasn't been there in 5 years? Yeah right. He's blaming it all on his family.
    Last edited by jerseyboy; 07-24-2007 at 08:23 PM.

Another thing is that he should deserve a fair trial. Thats nice Give him a fair trial so his high paid lawyer can get him off scott free.
    The justice system works so well. Look what it did to Rubin "Hurricane" Carter? We gave him a nice judicial free trial

How about the Roscetti case?

Or David Milgaard ?

Or how about the ones who are let go because of a good defense attorney?

The whole system is corrupt.

MV was caught with his pants down grabbing his ankles and he knows it, and the public knows it. Now he can serve up a nice sentence and a good ass raping. He can toss all the balls he wants while in jail.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Yes, cock fighting is inhumane, wrong and illegal. If Vick had raped a bunch of children I'd want to see him in jail for the rest of his life. Not just suspended from football. I'm not going to apologize for being more compassionate toward animals (especially dogs) than the next guy. Studies have proven that people willing to maim or kill animals with no remorse are more capable to do the same to another human. Think about it that way if it makes it easier for you. If by some miracle of justice somehow proves he did not know or take part in the dogfighting on his own property I will recant. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. Federal documents show that the fighting has been taking place since at least 2002, That's 5 years. 45 dogs were recovered from his property and 7 corpses dug up. Equipment like rape stands and tread mills were also found there. But he didn't know anything about it. It's his f'ing property and he hasn't been there in 5 years? Yeah right. He's blaming it all on his family.
    Louisiana, Oklahoma, as well as New Mexico, cockfigting is legal. Although you may view it as inhumane the practioners of the sport do not believe so. Many cultures don't consider dog fighting inhumane and it's also legal in those countries. I'm not a fan of dog fighting and find it appalling. I love my american bulldog to death and would never allow him to fight for sport. But that is just me. I find dog racing, horse racing, and circus' inhumane but they aren't illegal. So it's personal preference. My point? Just because we all have the 'Snoopy' syndrome (where we believe dogs are above other animals and should be treated as such), there are those in other communities that don't see it that way. So calling Mike Vick a piece of shit because he doesn't hold dogs in such high regard isn't fair. If he's guilty of a crime so be it he should be punished to the furthest extent of the law.

I'm not defending Vick. I actually believe he is at the very least aware of what happened at his property, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions. I made that mistake with the Duke Lacrosse case, so I'm going to reserve judgement on this case because we don't know all the facts and he has yet to mount his defense. All we've heard is one side of the argument. All I'm saying is let's reserve judgement and allow the judicial system to take it's course.

Louisiana, Oklahoma, as well as New Mexico, cockfigting is legal. Although you may view it as inhumane the practioners of the sport do not believe so. Many cultures don't consider dog fighting inhumane and it's also legal in those countries. I'm not a fan of dog fighting and find it appalling. I love my american bulldog to death and would never allow him to fight for sport. But that is just me. I find dog racing, horse racing, and circus' inhumane but they aren't illegal. So it's personal preference. My point? Just because we all have the 'Snoopy' syndrome (where we believe dogs are above other animals and should be treated as such), there are those in other communities that don't see it that way. So calling Mike Vick a piece of shit because he doesn't hold dogs in such high regard isn't fair. If he's guilty of a crime so be it he should be punished to the furthest extent of the law.

I'm not defending Vick. I actually believe he is at the very least aware of what happened at his property, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions. I made that mistake with the Duke Lacrosse case, so I'm going to reserve judgement on this case because we don't know all the facts and he has yet to mount his defense. All we've heard is one side of the argument. All I'm saying is let's reserve judgement and allow the judicial system to take it's course.
    Well, up until the late 90's, slavery was still "not illegal" as well in the state of Mississippi. That sure as hell didn't make it humane, just because it wasn't against the law. Some cultures require that young girls have their clitoris' removed as well, does that mean make it humane? Some cultures broadcast the beheadings of their enemies on the TV, is that humane?

Lets stop dragging in what legal in what state and what is ethical with cows, pigs, and chickens. Blah blah blah.

We're talking about MV and him running a dog fighting ring at his house and unethically killing them on the premises.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

The judicial system is a joke.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I saw today on Sportsnet that Vick told someone close to him that he doesn't see what the big deal is. What an idiot.

The judicial system is a joke.
    I agree. Deserve a fair trial is a joke.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Admittedly, I haven't been following these events closely (only what I catch on sports), but even if he is guilty, should the guy really lose his job over this?
    Granted he's a public figure, psuedo-role model, etc., but shouldn't the law's due process and mandated consequences be enough for him as with all other US citizens?
    Obviously many here have strong opinions on the matter, and I'm not belittling that, but there's still crime and punishment. Should you or I lose our livelihoods in such a case? Where's the line?
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    Honestly, If Vick were white would you be putting up such a defense for him then?
    I bet YOU would.

The dude isnt even defending Vick, he is defending Vick's "RIGHT TO A TRIAL". He said (NUMEROUS) times that he personally thinks that Vick did it, and that he finds animal abuse dispicable.

Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Admittedly, I haven't been following these events closely (only what I catch on sports), but even if he is guilty, should the guy really lose his job over this?
    Granted he's a public figure, psuedo-role model, etc., but shouldn't the law's due process and mandated consequences be enough for him as with all other US citizens?
    Obviously many here have strong opinions on the matter, and I'm not belittling that, but there's still crime and punishment. Should you or I lose our livelihoods in such a case? Where's the line?
    Pete Rose lost out for gambling in baseball and he was inducted into the hall of fame and he has accomplished far more then MV ever has or will. I dont see how animal cruelty is any better then gambling against sports.

if you get caught for drunk driving, you can not drive a gov't vehicle or obtain some gov't jobs. How does ones personal life effect you job or future jobs?

I was caught for drunk driving. I cant drive a company vehicle, and before that I couldnt get any kind delivery job, and the DUI's were 5yrs old, but ti still effected my current life due to the crime I commited. Right?

What so different about MV. He commited a hineous crime and it should follow him.

Would you let a pedophile get a teaching degree for early childhood development and teach your children?

Would you let a alcoholic whos been convicted numerous times of DUI's drive a schools bus and take your kinds to school?

Why shouldn't MV crime follow him with his career? Why should children look up to NFL stars and set dreams and goals.

"i want to be just like MV Mom!" I want to be a great football star and raise dogs to fight and kill each other and I want to kill the loosing dogs inhumanely just like MV did.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13

STFU, Logan!! You tried to bring this argument up before when we discussed another black athlete in the NFL. And I told you my favorite football player is Peyton Manning. You are hellbent on making everything a race issue. We all know that you are clearly a bigot so let's leave it at that, but you don't have to bring race into everything that I post on. As a matter of fact, don't reply to my posts with such assinine comments.

As a former professional football player, I've seen firsthand the quick convictions of pro athletes at the hands of the media and the fans. Like I've stated a hundred times before, I think the man did have knowledge of what was going on, but it's not for me judge. I will not rush to judgement again like I did with the Duke Lacrosse case. What I am defending is a person's right to trail and the fact that just because our views differ from his doesn't make the man a "piece of shit". And for you to compare slavery and female circumcision in Africa to dog fighting shows what a true bigot you are since you are comparing the plight of blacks to the plight of 'other' animals. You are a really sad person, Logan and I feel sorry for you!

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    Pete Rose lost out for gambling in baseball and he was inducted into the hall of fame and he has accomplished far more then MV ever has or will. I dont see how animal cruelty is any better then gambling against sports.

if you get caught for drunk driving, you can not drive a gov't vehicle or obtain some gov't jobs. How does ones personal life effect you job or future jobs?

I was caught for drunk driving. I cant drive a company vehicle, and before that I couldnt get any kind delivery job, and the DUI's were 5yrs old, but ti still effected my current life due to the crime I commited. Right?

What so different about MV. He commited a hineous crime and it should follow him.

Would you let a pedophile get a teaching degree for early childhood development and teach your children?

Would you let a alcoholic whos been convicted numerous times of DUI's drive a schools bus and take your kinds to school?

Why shouldn't MV crime follow him with his career? Why should children look up to NFL stars and set dreams and goals.

"i want to be just like MV Mom!" I want to be a great football star and raise dogs to fight and kill each other and I want to kill the loosing dogs inhumanely just like MV did.

Pete Rose was punished for betting on HIS sport. MIke Vick's legal problems had nothing to do with HIS sport. MV's job isn't being a role model, MV's job is being a football player. If he were convicted of DUI and couldn't drive that doesn't affect HIS job because his job doesn't require him to drive. Of course we wouldn't allow him around children if he were a pedophile, but he isn't on trial for any of those charges. This a public relations nightmare for everyone involved, plain and simple. You all are up in arms against this guy, but you all act like he is the first to be involved in dogfighting. I didn't hear or see any of you (except for maybe Mog, who does rescue work for APBTs) making huge statements about the 'regular' guy in VA, SC, NC, Miss., NY, etc. who were involved in dogfighting.

Mike Vicks a football player and a damned good one at that. Not the smartest guy by any means, he's an idiot for being involved in such a heinous crime. If convicted he'll lose his livelihood because he violated a league policy. But he's still young and the NFL doesn't have lifetime bans unless someone has multiple convictions. So after a lengthly suspension he should be allowed to return to his livelihood if he is physically able to do so. Whether another team will take a gamble on him because of his PR rep, that's a whole 'nother matter. But hell Hollywood gave Robert Downey Jr multiple chances, is Vick entitled to anything less because he's an athlete? Would I hire him, probably not, but there is no denying the athletic ability of the guy.

takedownII is offline Member
    abstrack, you're right on bro....

if i get caught with aas, i will never be able to do my job again even though they are totally unrelated....

mv shouldn't be able to have his job either imo, the crime he DID commit is unrelated to football obviously, but why can he keep his job while others like myself wouldn't be able to keep mine for even a lesser crime??

Quote Originally Posted by takedownII
    abstrack, you're right on bro....

if i get caught with aas, i will never be able to do my job again even though they are totally unrelated....

mv shouldn't be able to have his job either imo, the crime he DID commit is unrelated to football obviously, but why can he keep his job while others like myself wouldn't be able to keep mine for even a lesser crime??

Because there is a perception that illegal drug use affects job performance and puts the employer in danger (ie liability issues). I know many people who have been convicted of DUIs who have been allowed to keep their jobs because their job doesn't require them to drive a vehicle.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    YOUR REASONING THROUGHOUT IS FLAWED...

DIAMETRIC OPPOSITES...ROSE'S INCIDENT INVOLVED THE SPORT HE PARTICIPATED IN, AND CLEARLY BROKE THE RULES OF SAID SPORT, WHEREAS THIS DOES NOT!

AGAIN, SIMILAR TO THAT ABOVE, YOUR PERSONAL DRIVING AND THE RECORD OF IT, IS DIRECTLY LINKED TO DRIVING ON THE JOB. MV IS NOT A DOG TRAINER AT WORK, BUT IF HE WAS THEN HE TOO SHOULD BE REMOVED.

SAME THING, THE CRIME PREVENTED YOU FROM PERFORMING A FUTURE JOB RELATED TO SAID CRIME. SO SHOULD MV EVER APPLY FOR A DOG POUND POSITION, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THEM REJECTING HIM BASED ON RECENT EVENTS.

YES, IN RELATED VENUES, SEE ABOVE.

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY!
    YOUR EXAMPLE WILL HELP BETTER ILLUSTRATE MY POINT...SHOULD A PEDOPHILE WHO HAS PAID HIS DEBT TO SOCIETY (WHICH MV WILL) STILL BE ABLE TO QB YOUR SQUAD? I THINK SO!

SAME POINT.

COME ON THAT'S OBTUSELY UNFAIR LOGIC. NOW SHOULD YOUR PROBLEM BECOME RECIDIVISTIC AND CAUSE TROUBLE FOR THE ORGANIZATION THEN YOU MAY NEED TO BE DISMISSED AS IN THE CASE OF TANK JOHNSON.

HOWEVER, IF THE MATTER IS UNRELATED TO THE JOB THERE SHOULD NOT BE A LOSS OF SAID JOB, THOUGH THERE MAY BE ON-THE-JOB PENALTIES/FINES BY THE LEAGUE OR ORGANIZATION OF WHICH YOU ARE A PART.

BUT SPORTS STARS ARE ALL PEOPLE, AND AS SUCH MAKE POOR/STUPID HUMAN DECISIONS, HOW THOSE DECISIONS AFFECT THEIR CAREERS ARE A MATTER OF OBJECTIVITY NOT SUBJECTIVITY FOR EXAMPLE:
    • KOBE...INTERNATIONALLY KNOWN ADULTERER, AND INDITED RAPIST...STILL PLAYING BALL AND WILL BE FOR THE US TEAM!
    • M. JORDON...ADULTERER (ALTHOUGH A CRIME AGAINST GOD, NOT ONE AGAINST MAN; OTHER THAN JUANITA)
    • MARBERRY...GUN TOTING, DRUNKEN, WEEDHEAD...NOT TOLERATED IN PHOENIX BUT NY IS A LITTLE MORE HARDCORE, STILL IN THE LEAGUE.
    • J.KIDD...WIFE BEATER...NOT TOLERATED IN PHOENIX BUT NJ IS LESS STRINGENT; WAS RECENTLY POY CANDIDATE.
    PERFECT EXAMPLE OF YOUR POINT:
    BONDS...BLATANT VIOLATOR BY USING AAS TO ENHANCE PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE...FAR MORE SIGNIFICANT AN ISSUE THAN P. ROSE, AND CAUSE FOR JOB LOSS IF EVER THERE WAS ONE. HOW HE'S STILL SWINGING (IN A SLUMP I HERE) IS BEYOND REPROACH, BUT MAYBE THERE ARE PROOF ISSUES, I'M UNFAMILIAR WITH HERE.

In short one should rarely lose any job (superstar or other) for completely unrelated out of the workplace activities, unless of course the penalties of said activities prevent one from doing the job, i.e. a convicted serial killer will obviously not be headed back to the office on Monday.

REBUTTAL?
    Last edited by magic32; 07-26-2007 at 01:33 PM.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

I will definetely be watching this case very closely. I'm sure his team of 5 high paid lawyers are going to lie and twist the truth into submission but in the end I hope justice prevails. I'm also just as interested in the other defendents in the case getting prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I think it was said that the max sentence is 6 years. I just want someone responsible to pay for what those dogs went through. It really shouldn't be too much to ask.

BONDS...BLATANT VIOLATOR BY USING AAS TO ENHANCE PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE...FAR MORE SIGNIFICANT AN ISSUE THAN P. ROSE, AND CAUSE FOR JOB LOSS IF EVER THERE WAS ONE. HOW HE'S STILL SWINGING (IN A SLUMP I HERE) IS BEYOND REPROACH, BUT MAYBE THERE ARE PROOF ISSUES, I'M UNFAMILIAR WITH HERE.

In short one should rarely lose any job (superstar or other) for completely unrelated out of the workplace activities, unless of course the penalties of said activities prevent one from doing the job, i.e. a convicted serial killer will obviously not be headed back to the office on Monday.

REBUTTAL?
    There are A LOT of employers who will not hire you because you have been convicted of a drunk driving offense, rather it be a administrative desk job or a driving job. Employers have the right to choose their employees based off what fits for their organization. Thats why most if not all applications will ask you if you have ever been convocted of a crime and including driving offenses. You missed the point by a long shot.

SHOULD A PEDOPHILE WHO HAS PAID HIS DEBT TO SOCIETY (WHICH MV WILL) STILL BE ABLE TO QB YOUR SQUAD? I THINK SO!
    NO. I would never let a pedophile teach my children or be in any roll model, authority figure, ETC.. ETC.. Sorry...Once a pedophile, always a pedophile...people who do hineous crimes such as the ones spoken have something wrong with them mentally.
    RECIDIVISTIC AND CAUSE TROUBLE FOR THE ORGANIZATION THEN YOU MAY NEED TO BE DISMISSED AS IN THE CASE OF TANK JOHNSON.
    Who should the problem re-occur before something is done. You think he is dumb enough to let himself get caught a second time? Please.... He is already causing problems for the ATL orginization.

Let me ask this again. How do you have 50+ dogs living on your property and not know that they are being used for fighting? Some of them are scarred, some of them have blood on them, ETC....

He blatenly lies and says "I had no idea?" "My family is taking advantage of my generousity" Bullshit!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

There are A LOT of employers who will not hire you because you have been convicted of a drunk driving offense, rather it be a administrative desk job or a driving job. Employers have the right to choose their employees based off what fits for their organization. Thats why most if not all applications will ask you if you have ever been convocted of a crime and including driving offenses. You missed the point by a long shot.

NO. I would never let a pedophile teach my children or be in any roll model, authority figure, ETC.. ETC.. Sorry...Once a pedophile, always a pedophile...people who do hineous crimes such as the ones spoken have something wrong with them mentally.

Who should the problem re-occur before something is done. You think he is dumb enough to let himself get caught a second time? Please.... He is already causing problems for the ATL orginization.

Let me ask this again. How do you have 50+ dogs living on your property and not know that they are being used for fighting? Some of them are scarred, some of them have blood on them, ETC....

He blatenly lies and says "I had no idea?" "My family is taking advantage of my generousity" Bullshit!!

The part in bold is a good point but very few employees will fire someone for a DUI conviction unless the job required the use of a company vehicle. Remember Vick isn't applying for a job, he's fighting to keep one.

Regardless, justice will be served, I doubt he'll get off, but the true facts of the case will be brought out. I look forward to hearing ALL sides of this and then I'll make my judgement.

I will not rush to judgement again like I did with the Duke Lacrosse case. What I am defending is a person's right to trail and the fact that just because our views differ from his doesn't make the man a "piece of shit". And for you to compare slavery and female circumcision in Africa to dog fighting shows what a true bigot you are since you are comparing the plight of blacks to the plight of 'other' animals. Please tell me how female circumcision and videotaped beheadings has anything to do with the plight of black people. Get over yourself, not everything is about you. Trying to draw the above correlation with slavery is a stretch, but then again you seem to try to equate many topics to this.
    That's my point, you were all over the Duke Lacrosse players, who were obviously white. You stood up for the accuser, a black woman. Until your righteous concern encompasses all races, I will call you out on such stances.....I am not asking you to like it Bg.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    My bad St. Francis of Assisi
    LOL!!!! that made me laugh so hard i almost fell of the couch!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajc330
    Doc Sust and 305

My heroes in this thread I love you two
    thank you sir

REBUTTAL?
    i thought we were talking about michael vick here?what happened?

some of us here are going to have to agree to disagree. look, i think the guy is gheto trash and what he allegedly( i use the term loosely)
    did was terrible.

should animals have the rights of humans?

is it ok that there are kids starving in africa?

what about humans eating livestock?

what to do about israel?

should the US pull out of iraq

should prayer be allowed in school?

who was right , darwin or the creationist fanatics

what came first the chicken or the egg?

is it ok that britney spears orders kentucky friend chicken at a photo shoot, wipes the grease off of her hands with a $3000 dress and later uses another 3000$ to clean up dog shite while her pal lindsay "b-lohan" drives around loaded getting dui's on a bi weekly basis?

who knows! these issues will always be debated, religion,politics,morals and ethics all walk a very fine line and most people take a far stance form the middle of that line, which in turns causes debate. these arguments can not be won. so everybody put away your swords, calm down and have a good time, there is enough crap to worry about in this world as it is. not worth having a brain aneurism IMO. alot of these issues are "out of our hands" individualy

Tbone1975 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    He has not even been found guilty yet... You people are OUT OF CONTROL with this stuff! How about a petition to bring our Troops home??

Dog fighting NEGETIVELY IMPACTS MY LIFE more so than just about any other person on these forums… I can almost guarantee that as a fact.

Yet I don’t want to see this thing turned into a “burning at the stake”. These crimes are being vilified by the general public and media, with the same tenacity, as if they were running a "child molesting ring"!!

As much as I LOVE dogs, I think there has to be some line drawn between Man and Beast. THEY ARE NOT PEOPLE!!! As much as these HSUS and PETA "Looney Toons" would like for them to be... it just isn’t so.

BTW: Maybe some of these reporters should ask the HUMANIACS at PETA (while they are marching in front of the NFL office today) how many Pit Bulls their organization is responsible for KILLING over the past year (based on complete ignorance), puppies included. I assure you, the number is staggering. They should change their name to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (except Pit Bull’s). They are attention whoah's, who use dispicable situations like this to help keep their pockets fat, and their Whack Job operation growing.

If you all REALLY want to help out… donate to “NO KILL” shelters; particularly those which rescue APBT’s (American Pit Bull Terriers), and not PETA or HSUS. If you cant find any, email me, and I will send you a complete list of them. Stop talking the talk, and walk the walk!
    Interesting post. The accusations against Vick are f*ckin unbelievably evil and heinous though. If I met him in person right now, I might give him the benefit of the doubt but I did already throw away a Vick jersey that I had. I think he's guilty.

Tbone1975 is offline Member
    Not to defend Vick... But if you are living in the United States of America, and visiting STEROID internet forums, chances are you are a criminal yourself, or are at least thinking about becoming one.

Let's not be a bunch of hypocrites now. Just because we may not MORALLY agree with what he (allegedly) does, doesn’t make it any “more” Illegal than what most of us do.

Just saying... Let's stop playing judge and jury, and let the case play out. Im sure if it were one of you, or your loved ones on trial, you would want to be presumed innocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law.

I bet a HUGE % of people in this country would like to see Vick stoned to death right now for this thing!! What does that REALLY say about us as a society??

I hear everybody saying... "Do this to Vick... or Do that to Vick... blah, blah, blah..." But how many of you "Animal Lovers" have donated time or money this past year to a "No Kill" Pit Bull rescue league? How many of you have bothered to look at the statistics of PETA and how many innocent Pit Bulls they KILL every year?? Where is the outrage over that? Where is the outrage over the Euthanization of all of the dogs found on Vick's property? Why arnt they being placed in "responsible" homes, even though they are not HUMAN aggressive??
    Yeah but how can you compare visiting steroid forums or taking them to what he is accused of doing? There is no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1975
    Yeah but how can you compare visiting steroid forums or taking them to what he is accused of doing? There is no comparison.
    I wasn’t. I was just illustrating that using/buying/selling illegal Steroids , is just as "Illegal" as animal abuse (not as "BAD", just as "equally Illegal"). If you read down a few posts from that one, you will see where I clearify it.

I wasn’t. I was just illustrating that using/buying/selling illegal Steroids, is just as "Illegal" as animal abuse (not as "BAD", just as "equally Illegal"). If you read down a few posts from that one, you will see where I clearify it.
    So is stealing a pack of buble gum and tearing the tags off of a matress, but neither of them are comparible to the ethics we are talking about,
    abstrack@protonmail.com

So is stealing a pack of buble gum and tearing the tags off of a matress, but neither of them are comparible to the ethics we are talking about,
    The comments were directed at the person calling Vick a "criminal". I think it's extremely hypocritical. Especially since he has never even been convicted of a crime. INCLUDING ripping the tags off of pillows.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information