Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I will lay some powerful quotes on us all:

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference".

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine".

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent".

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies".

"Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto".

"Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government". (We have obviously lost site of that point of view)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty". (The opposit is done today, make everyone as ignorant as possible, it is easier to control ignorant people than educated and informed ones)

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs".

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them".

"Leave no authority existing not responsible to the people". (It is beyond apparent the gov't does not listen to the people any longer but does what it will).

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government".

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude".

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves".

"The advertisement is the most truthful part of a newspaper".

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not". (Sound familiar? It is common place now in America)

Who said these things?

Thomas Jefferson
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 08-13-2007 at 03:18 PM.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

"A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference".

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine".

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent".

"Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government". (We have obviously lost site of that point of view)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty". (The opposit is done today, make everyone as ignorant as possible, it is easier to control ignorant people than educated and informed ones)

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs".

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them".

"Leave no authority existing not responsible to the people". (It is beyond apparent the gov't does not listen to the people any longer but does what it will).

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government".

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude".

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves".

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not". (Sound familiar? It is common place now in America)

Who said these things?

Thomas Jefferson
    Yea !!

Merc

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~

Who said these things?

Thomas Jefferson

Shane35aa is offline Senior Member

"Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government".
    (We have obviously lost site of that point of view)

Who said these things?

Thomas Jefferson

Great quotes Muril

Merc you definately get an A for effort for this thread.

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane35aa
    Great quotes Muril

Merc you definately get an A for effort for this thread.

Merc.

Thread Information