Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Would you hire an illegal?

I hired a maid. She's a 23 year old Russian illegal immigrant. Speaks very little English. Should I feel guilty? Am I contributing to the down fall of America by doing this?
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate illegals...

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    is she hot? and yes i hate illegals too. my wife is from Germany had i had to do a years worth of paper work and immigrant process crap and also pay 2G's. so i think they all should have to go through that.

Tazwell is offline Senior Member
    No you shouldn't feel guilty. Just as long as you deduct taxes on their paycheck like you would a legal worker.

I hire them all the time. It's easy for them to get fake social security cards and ID's so I'm in the clear and they can pay medicare, fica, and social security taxes, from what I see some of them even file their taxes using their foreign ID card #. The IRS works with them!

What do I care if they're legal or not, it's about getting the job done or making money.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I hired a maid. She's a 23 year old Russian illegal immigrant. Speaks very little English. Should I feel guilty? Am I contributing to the down fall of America by doing this?
    i dont think so - she either would have been hired as a maid by someone else or she would have chosen another line of work that may have been less glamorous for more money. as for the downfall of America.... # 1, i don't believe that we're in the process of a "down fall", # 2, America has got issues and it always has; Immigration being one of them. Yes, more and more illegal immigrants have been entering our country and some are making it hard on the rightful residents due to gang activity, drug crimes, etc., but this is the land of freedom and opportunity and, in my opinion, your maid came to the right place as opposed to the quality of life in Russia.

Question for you though, does she want to remain illegal or does she want to get her citizenship? I know the Gov't has an offer on the table to all illegals that agrees to allow them to stay if they come forward, take certain classes and stay clean with the law over a certain period of time. So, she's got a choice...

IG

and yes you are contributing to the downfall of our country. this is the what i see mostly where im from. Mexicans come across the border. Mexicans breed make legal mexican babies. then their parents dont make enough money so we pay with our tax $s for their wellfare checks and for their kids to go eat free lunches at public schools(also pay taxes). just for them to grow up to be a gang banger or end up in prison where we pay more taxes to feed them. and thats just one little scenerio.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by peteroy01
    and yes you are contributing to the downfall of our country. this is the what i see mostly where im from. Mexicans come across the border. Mexicans breed make legal mexican babies. then their parents dont make enough money so we pay with our tax $s for their wellfare checks and for their kids to go eat free lunches at public schools(also pay taxes). just for them to grow up to be a gang banger or end up in prison where we pay more taxes to feed them. and thats just one little scenerio.
    Hmmmmm..... Alright.

If someone is willing to work hard and EARN a better life, then I would hire them in a second.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    do you keep her in a cage? feed her bread scraps and room tempurature water?
    as long as you are paying her/treating her fairly i wouldnt feel guilty..and how is employing someone from another country contributing to the downfall of society? who gives a shit where they came from..anyone here tellin' me they wouldnt be booting it out of russia the first chance they got? most illegal immigrants will break thier backs for the american dollar..its the lazy americans you should be complaining about taking your tax money peteroy, not mexicans.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    ..its the lazy americans you should be complaining about taking your tax money peteroy, not mexicans.
    well said and good point tank - i'd actually like to see some statistics on dollar figures between tax monies going toward illegal immigrants vs. our own citizens for taking advanage of welfare, having babies and adopting for money, etc. i wouldn't be surprised if monies toward immigrants didn't come close.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    not at all big c. llegals are just trying to better them selfs. our country needs to better address our "illegal" problem, closing our boarders aint workng.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    imo i would not hire some-one who is not legally meant to be in my/your country mate...you are taking a job away from some-one who is legally meant to be in your country...............
    jmo..........

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Serotonin is offline Member
    I would never do it if there were a language barrier. It would seem like I couldn't get to know the person if we don't speak. They could be there to rob me blind, and could even be saying it to my face, and I'd have no clue about it.

tank, Igi- a mosquito's got to eat too, but it doesnt mean that they are going to feed off of me. illegals are parasites!!!!!!!!!!!!

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Its probably not a good idea but I bet you your place is super clean and she does it for half what others charge.

Is it a good idea in theory-no.

Would I do it-maybe.

1819 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    Hmmmmm..... Alright.

If someone is willing to work hard and EARN a better life, then I would hire them in a second.
    exactly. funny i didnt know all illegals were mexicans on welfare. where do some of these fools get their stats. if someone wants to work they have every right. my ginzo grandfather got the chance. and no not everyone came through ellis island. millions of our grandparents entered, dare i say, illegally. get a grip some of you.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    It's not even like your going to try and **** her.

i would get rid of her and call the ins

buffgator is offline king of mass
    I have compassion for all people. I have met many illegals that are some of the hardest working people you will ever meet, and this is for 8$ an hour 60 hours a week.
    Last edited by buffgator; 09-10-2007 at 08:08 AM.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Speaking of ins gsxxr, does anyone have that video where the guy picks up like 8 illegals at home depot, puts them in the back of his truck, then drives them to the ins.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    tank, Igi- a mosquito's got to eat too, but it doesnt mean that they are going to feed off of me. illegals are parasites!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well my girl is technically illegal. Her visa is expired. Not all are parasites. Our immigration system sucks.

She has tried and is trying to do everything legally. She has spent over 8k and is still waiting on a court date for over a year. What is she supposed to do. And she cant even leave if she wanted to. Our government has had her passport for over a year also.

Carlos i would. But i think you should have me come over and supervise her

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    Well my girl is technically illegal. Her visa is expired. Not all are parasites. Our immigration system sucks.

She has tried and is trying to do everything legally. She has spent over 8k and is still waiting on a court date for over a year. What is she supposed to do. And she cant even leave if she wanted to. Our government has had her passport for over a year also.

Carlos i would. But i think you should have me come over and supervise her
    Russian, blonde, 23 and very little English. I knew that would get your attention.

1819- i never said they were stats. I said "this is what i see where im from." and me being from Texas vs you being from fla,ny,nj. i would think i would deal with more illegals than you.(again not a stat)
    Gixxer- more power to your girl. at least she is trying. i went through the same thing with my wife. it took over a year for her papers to go through. she could either stay in German during the process or come to the US and have to stay untill the process was complete. I went to germany a lot.

Russian, blonde, 23 and very little English. I knew that would get your attention.

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member
    No ur not... People are stupid... My ancestry is Scotch-Irish, we didn't come over here legally, in fact, none of us when you get down to it are legal immigrants (unless you're native american) so stfu. Our country has had illegals come ever since we were founded and we're still here today bigger and better then ever. It's not doing shit to us... I'd much rather have someone be able to raise their child in a country of hopes and dreams then one of shit. I know if I were in their situation I'd hope other people can see it thru the eyes of someone who gives a shit about life. So no Carlos, ur doing the right thing. Helping eachother out is the only way we're going to survive as a race... Being close minded and blind to the greater good is moronic.

1819- i never said they were stats. I said "this is what i see where im from." and me being from Texas vs you being from fla,ny,nj. i would think i would deal with more illegals than you.(again not a stat)
    Gixxer- more power to your girl. at least she is trying. i went through the same thing with my wife. it took over a year for her papers to go through. she could either stay in German during the process or come to the US and have to stay untill the process was complete. I went to germany a lot.
    ever hear of cuba or haiti? and what does deal with mean? what "dealings" have you had? i'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018
    No ur not... People are stupid... My ancestry is Scotch-Irish, we didn't come over here legally, in fact, none of us when you get down to it are legal immigrants (unless you're native american) so stfu. Our country has had illegals come ever since we were founded and we're still here today bigger and better then ever. It's not doing shit to us... I'd much rather have someone be able to raise their child in a country of hopes and dreams then one of shit. I know if I were in their situation I'd hope other people can see it thru the eyes of someone who gives a shit about life. So no Carlos, ur doing the right thing. Helping eachother out is the only way we're going to survive as a race... Being close minded and blind to the greater good is moronic.
    Well since people are stupid. I'll help you out so you don't look it. The only legal immigrants are native Americans? Well no. They are NATIVE so they aren't immigrants at all. There are also legal immigrants. Going through Ellis island was a legal way of doing it. There are legal channels now. So not everyone is illegal

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think there's a problem with a limited number of illegal immigrants coming into the country. But there comes a point where too many is just too many.

Mexico has a strict immigration policy where ya gotta meet their requirements. And, it's a policy they enforce. IMHO, if they enforce their immigration policy, I see no reason why the US shouldn't enforce the US policy. Reciprocity, that's all it is.
    But what's going on now, is millions of Mexicans (and other folks from South America) are crossing the southern border unchecked. And a bunch of Europeans and Arabs & etc are crossing the southern border with them. Nobody knows exactly how many, nobody knows what they're doing here, what sort of history they have in their native country.

I'm not necessarily against all those people entering this country -- but IMHO they should be screened to weed out troublemakers. To do this, it would take lots of $$$ to increase the number of employees at the INS, which I'd support, but the gov't for some reason doesn't want to do.

So . . . IMHO, sure, I'm all for letting lots of people in the US, but only if they come in through the INS system and do things legally.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    23 year old blonde Russian that cleans and doesn't speak much English? Sounds like the perfect girl to me. Does she have any hot female friends who are also looking for some work? I'll even pick her up to bring her here.

1819-"Dealing" having $7,000 worth of cattle stolen. ive had work taken from me and given to illegals because they would work for almost no cost. and yes ive heard of Haiti and Cuba, but im pretty sure that its easier to walk across a river which is ankle deep in spots vs taking a raft or ship across the Gulf.
    Lawman-you sound like a Michael Jackson song.

1819-"Dealing" having $7,000 worth of cattle stolen. ive had work taken from me and given to illegals because they would work for almost no cost. and yes ive heard of Haiti and Cuba, but im pretty sure that its easier to walk across a river which is ankle deep in spots vs taking a raft or ship across the Gulf.
    Lawman-you sound like a Michael Jackson song.
    ok cattle stolen is a more than valid example. but the work taken because people will do it for less? not their fault. it's the american way. the people hiring are the ones that you should be mad at. not the people willing to do the sh*t work.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't hire an illegal. Even though you're doing it on a very small scale compared to large companies who employ hundreds, if not thousands, of illegals you still are taking one job away from a tax paying contributor to our society just so you can save a few bucks. It's not about hard working at all, period. It's about saving money. The United States working force is the hardest working and most productive in the world ( LINK ) so why not give an American a chance?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i know a few russian chicks.. definetly DEPORT her to.. OKLAHOMA.. '
    i'll be waiting at the NE corner of the boarder for my package.. thnx

Ok 1. breed? Wtf do I look like some kind of goddamn pet that is forced to have sex to produce offspring in the manner wanted? 2. So now I am going to grow up to be a gang banger and end up in prison as well huh? I think you need to commit suicide or just get hit by a train.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    Ok 1. breed? Wtf do I look like some kind of goddamn pet that is forced to have sex to produce offspring in the manner wanted? 2. So now I am going to grow up to be a gang banger and end up in prison as well huh? I think you need to commit suicide or just get hit by a train.
    BITCH put the knife away and start humping those fatties so i kan start the prodution of my EliteFatForces.. thnx

Fattie chicks + a natural runner/jumper/swimmer/knifer = ELITE GROUND FORCES..

tais plan to take over the world.. is now set in motion

assuming this lil lab monkey doesnt run otta tequialla!

NOW GET BACK TO BREEDING!

A friend of mine recommended her to me. She cleans because it's an easy way to make money. I felt sorry for her and feel like I'm helping her out.

If she didn't get a job cleaning no telling what else she might do to make money. You know? I'm paying her a fair amount per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    BITCH put the knife away and start humping those fatties so i kan start the prodution of my EliteFatForces.. thnx

Fattie chicks + a natural runner/jumper/swimmer/knifer = ELITE GROUND FORCES..

tais plan to take over the world.. is now set in motion

assuming this lil lab monkey doesnt run otta tequialla!

NOW GET BACK TO BREEDING!

EWWW I don't wanna hump you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGRMI
    I wouldn't hire an illegal. Even though you're doing it on a very small scale compared to large companies who employ hundreds, if not thousands, of illegals you still are taking one job away from a tax paying contributor to our society just so you can save a few bucks. It's not about hard working at all, period. It's about saving money. The United States working force is the hardest working and most productive in the world ( LINK ) so why not give an American a chance?
    stone that is not true and you know it. taking a job away from a tax paying contributer to society? i know countless legal americans who a. work under the table and b. would never in a million years do the work for the pay that is being offered. hell you cant even get spoiled ass americans to work for decent pay. my brother pays guys 30 an hour to labor on his jobs. "it's too hot", "the work is too hard", "i need a break", "i need a few days off". forget it. better to pay someone who wants to work and will work.

A friend of mine recommended her to me. She cleans because it's an easy way to make money. I felt sorry for her and feel like I'm helping her out.

If she didn't get a job cleaning no telling what else she might do to make money. You know? I'm paying her a fair amount per hour.
    honestly i think its a perfect job is she is workin for ya..
    i mean its a simple job, and she will probably bust her butt doing it and she doesnt have to worry bout the threatening overloard forcing her to have sex..
    anyways is she hot?

you are absolutely doing the right thing.

i called her first!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information