Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cigarettes?

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    You have no idea and it isn't even subject related or work related its the evil fvcking femi nazis that play every problem on the male athletes because we are a minority.
    try taking a womens studies course. i was terrified to even open my mouth.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    grew up around friends and family who smoked, but i never took a puff. tried dip once and i mean one dip....nasty for sure.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic
    try taking a womens studies course. i was terrified to even open my mouth.
    Hahahahahaha try taking a womens study course HERE. 500 students 400+ of them are female and about half of them hate men, especially male athletes. Not only that you can't openly say anything you would normally say. (no offense here for the gay people for the words i am about to say). But if i say oh dude you are being such a fag no joke you get yelled at or expelled or some kinda crazy shit. I can't call a my friend a spic when I myself am hispanic wtF? And the best part about it is that it is white women telling me I can't say that.... Idk how many times the dean has come up to our team saying there are complaints about us being *unapproachable* *rude* *obnoxious* *or just plain scum* Like come on? You want me to just chop off my balls and conform to your standards? Oh btw this campus just turned coed 3 years ago so you have some kinda idea.

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by willieboy36
    hey dudes, I smoke about a 25-30 cigs a day.I was just thinking if I stoppped smoking cigarette's Id probably gain some weight...Anybody here quit smoking before and what were the gains they made if any, fat or muscle?
    I quit smoking cigars 8 years ago and only gained from my workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    Hahahahahaha try taking a womens study course HERE. 500 students 400+ of them are female and about half of them hate men, especially male athletes. Not only that you can't openly say anything you would normally say. (no offense here for the gay people for the words i am about to say). But if i say oh dude you are being such a fag no joke you get yelled at or expelled or some kinda crazy shit. I can't call a my friend a spic when I myself am hispanic wtF? And the best part about it is that it is white women telling me I can't say that.... Idk how many times the dean has come up to our team saying there are complaints about us being *unapproachable* *rude* *obnoxious* *or just plain scum* Like come on? You want me to just chop off my balls and conform to your standards? Oh btw this campus just turned coed 3 years ago so you have some kinda idea.
    mine was a class of 30 or so and there was 3 of us guys huddled in the corner. all the girls were divorced and hated men. i thought someone was going to slit my throat

3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    I used to smoke, and one day I told myself I was going to quit. So what did I do, I formulated a cutting diet. SUPER strict. Did cardio every morning for 60 minutes at a very moderate pace. Then at night when I got a craving I would go on a walk. Cut down to around 6% bf. you can quit smoking, as I haven't touched nicotine or cigarettes since April 3rd 06. It may be addicting but the power of the human condition can easily defeat this addiction. You can do it. Treat it like any other quest in your life. Set goals, and stick by them. It IS possible.
    I like this post. It can be done... set a goal and go for it. There's no reason to pump up like the michelean man either. Endorphins from excersice are much more helpful than over eating.

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by willieboy36
    hey dudes, I smoke about a 25-30 cigs a day.I was just thinking if I stoppped smoking cigarette's Id probably gain some weight...Anybody here quit smoking before and what were the gains they made if any, fat or muscle?
    My buddy quit and put on roughly 20 lbs quickly,but everyone's probably different,he's also a naturelly cut person.You can lose the fat but not the effects of cigs.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    i smoked for only about a year like 10 years ago - gained a ton of weight when i quit.

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    the most helpful thing anybody said to me to encourage me to quit was 'remember, when you get a craving, it's all in your head, nobody's putting a gun to your head, just make your mind up'. it truly is mind over matter. granted the first 4-5 days until it's outta your system suck because you don't sleep well (or at least i didn't). best thing i ever did though - cardio became fun again, and i just felt healthy and not like an ashtray.

Quote Originally Posted by wantmoremass
    the most helpful thing anybody said to me to encourage me to quit was 'remember, when you get a craving, it's all in your head, nobody's putting a gun to your head, just make your mind up'. it truly is mind over matter. granted the first 4-5 days until it's outta your system suck because you don't sleep well (or at least i didn't). best thing i ever did though - cardio became fun again, and i just felt healthy and not like an ashtray.
    i went through the same thing. you dont realize how winded you get when you're smoking until you come off and breathe that much better. the withdrawls i got from quitting were absolutely terrible. just thinking about it makes me cranky

wantmoremass is offline Associate Member
    yeah, the withdrawls suck!

spin0ut is offline New Member
    im in day 2 of my quitting attempt and its a damn nightmare. I tried the patch before and it didnt really help too much because I am more addicted to the habits since I have been smoking for 15 years. Got it set in my head though. Def agree with the mind over matter statement. You may "think" a cig is needed but somehow you have to bring yourself back into reality and see that all it is, is a very expensive suicide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information