Fordfan01 is offline Member

Anyone make their own wine?

Well ive always loved homemade wine and ive been wanting to start making it myself. Does neone do it themselves or know a good kit to buy thats not so expensive. Any tips and help would be great.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Two very good sites for all your home brew needs. My buddy uses the Mrbeer site to get all his supplies. I've tasted his brews...man they are good. As for wine, the other site should be helpful. I've here of people usin git with good results

http://www.mrbeer.com/category-exec/category_id/132

http://www.homebrewery.com/

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    My parents used to make wine, still do sometimes with kits like dizz posted

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    My dad used to brew wine when I was younger. They never really drank much of it because both my parents don't drink alcohol very much, but they might have a glass with dinner 2 - 3times per week. My father bought a kit from one of those sites and just ordered supplies as needed. Look in the phonebook for "beer making supplies" "home brewing" or any combination that you can think of. Most cities will have shops that sell Kits or supplies so you might be able to get it locally also.

Some of the wines my father brewed were intense. You can get alcohol resistant Yeast that will ferment well past 16% alcohol and get something called a "booster' which is basically pure suger that you mix in to give it one last kick. I think he brewed one batch that was around 19%. Strong stuff, didn't taste all that great but it warmed the stomach I'll tell ya that. Otherwise, you can make blueberry, raspberry, blackberry wines...they all taste good

thanks dizz this is exactly wat i was looking for if neone does it themselves id still like to here from u as well

^^^^

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    My wife's dad owns a vineyard. He came over with a case for thankgiving and loaded up our wine rack...its nice

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small View Post
    My wife's dad owns a vineyard. He came over with a case for thankgiving and loaded up our wine rack...its nice
    damn that sounds real nice lol

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    my ex's father makes 400 gallons a year. All his shit is glass and real expensive. . its rediculous

Quote Originally Posted by CheddaNips View Post
    my ex's father makes 400 gallons a year. All his shit is glass and real expensive. . its rediculous
    wow im just starting on my first gallon lol

CheddaNips is offline Senior Member
    ya dude he splits it between him and 3-4 of his neighbors. . he grows grapes too and makes all natural jam that is fvcking amazing

nice im just going with concentrate right now imma move on to fresh fruits when i get good

infojluna is offline Junior Member
    Very easy. Get a cup of mixed fruit, let it sit in the sun for 1 week, make sure that it's boiling with bubbles, then you'll know it's good . After the one week, get a Super thick garbage bag, fill it half ways with Orenge juice, apple juice. Then put all that mixed fruit from the cup into the bag. also put a whole lot of jolly Ranchers 50 or more, close the bag very tight. let it sit. The bag should start to inflate with air, that air is like hitting a wippid. let the air out when it get full. Continue that for another week, then you should have PRUNO. Very tasty and get's you drunk on 3 or 4 cups, I learned how to make it in Jail.

Quote Originally Posted by infojluna View Post
    Very easy. Get a cup of mixed fruit, let it sit in the sun for 1 week, make sure that it's boiling with bubbles, then you'll know it's good . After the one week, get a Super thick garbage bag, fill it half ways with Orenge juice, apple juice. Then put all that mixed fruit from the cup into the bag. also put a whole lot of jolly Ranchers 50 or more, close the bag very tight. let it sit. The bag should start to inflate with air, that air is like hitting a wippid. let the air out when it get full. Continue that for another week, then you should have PRUNO. Very tasty and get's you drunk on 3 or 4 cups, I learned how to make it in Jail.
    yea i made several different types of hooch before but im trying to make the real stuff now

well i got two gallons going right now one strawberry and one grape hopefully this goes ok

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    I have made plenty of wine over the years ...... some good ..... some not so good!! The most important thing is to ensure that all your equipment is clean and sterilised. Good luck with your brewing. It can be a fun and rewarding hobby!!!

Thread Information