Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls

50 Reasons To Be An Atheist

1. Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers
    2. Honk If Your Religious Beliefs Make You An Asshole
    3. Intelligent Design Makes My Monkey Cry
    4. Too Stupid to Understand Science? Try Religion.
    5. There’s A REASON Why Atheists Don’t Fly Planes Into Buildings
    6. “Worship Me or I Will Torture You Forever. Have a Nice Day.”­ God.
    7. God Doesn’t Kill People. People Who Believe in God Kill People.
    8. If There is No God, Then What Makes the Next Kleenex Pop Up?
    9. He’s Dead. It’s Been 2,000 years.
    He’s Not Coming Back.
    Get OVER It Already!
    10. All religion is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry. Edgar Allen Poe.
    11. Viva La Evolución!
    12. Actually, If You Look It Up, The Winter Solstice Is The Reason For The Season
    13. I Wouldn’t Trust Your God Even If He Did Exist
    14. Cheeses Is Lard. Argue With THAT If You Can.
    15. People Who Don’t Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn’t Have Such Funny Beliefs
    16. Jesus is Coming? Don’t Swallow That.
    17. Threatening Children With Hell Is FUN!
    18. GOD - APPLY DIRECTLY TO FOREHEAD!
    19. Jesus Told Me Republicans SUCK
    20. God + Whacky Tobacky = Platypus
    21. God Doesn’t Exist. So, I Guess That Means No One Loves You.
    22. When the Rapture Comes, We’ll Get Our Country Back!
    23. Q. How Do We Know the Holy Ghost Was Catholic?
    A. He Used the Rhythm Method Instead of a Condom.
    24. You Say “Heretic” Like It Was a BAD Thing
    25. I Love Christians. They Taste Like Chicken.
    26. Science: It Works, Bitches.
    27. “Intelligent Design” Helping Stupid People Feel Smart Since 1987
    28. I Found God Between The Sheets
    29. I Gave Up Superstitious Mumbo Jumbo For Lent
    30. My Flying Monkey Can Beat Up Your Guardian Angel
    31. Every Time You Play With Yourself, God Kills a Kitten
    32. If God Wanted People to Believe in Him, Then Why Did He Invent Logic?
    33. Praying Is Politically Correct Schizophrenia
    34. ALL Americans Are African Americans
    35. I Forget - Which Day Did God Make All The Fossils?
    36. I Was An Atheist Until The Hindus Convinced Me That I Was God
    37. The Spanish Inquisition: The Original Faith-based Initiative
    38. If we were made in his image, when why aren’t humans invisible too?
    39. JESUS SAVES….You From Thinking For Yourself
    40. How Can You Disbelieve in Evolution If You Can’t Even Define It?
    41. Q. How Can You Tell That Your God is Man-made? A. If He Hates All the Same People You Do.
    42. Every Time You See a Rainbow, God is Having Gay Sex
    43. I Went to Public School in Kansas and All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt and a Poor Understanding of the Scientific Method.
    44. WWJD = We Won. Jesus Died.
    45. The Family That Prays Together is Brainwashing the Children
    46. Oh, Look, Honey Another Pro-lifer For War
    47. Another Godless Atheist for Peace and World Harmony
    48. God is Unavailable Right Now. Can I Help You?
    49. When Lip Service to Some Mysterious Deity Permits Bestiality on
    Wednesday and Absolution on Sundays, Cash Me Out. Frank Sinatra.
    50. No Gods. No Mullets.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    number 10 is the winner!!

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    are u an atheist kale?

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    agnostic

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    4,32,39 thats good shlt

Quote Originally Posted by Lexed View Post
    agnostic
    Correct, 10 points for paying attention !!!

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i have killd a buncha kittens

sooners04 is online now Senior Member
    Love It!!

3bd
    3bd is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexed View Post
    number 10 is the winner!!
    not bad... but don't forget that Poe was a wacked out alcoholic

Kennedy is offline Associate Member
    And here I thought it was going to be hot Thai girls.

brjrj0000 is offline Member
    haha nice post i prefer to remain agnostic but still

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    And here I thought it was going to be hot Thai girls.

Why on earth would you expect that? They are all men, you blind mofo!
    ***No source checks!!!***

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Kale if I were you I would start stocking up on aloe and suntan lotion. It gets powerful warm in the deep south.

scaramouche is offline Senior Member
    thats very funny

but there can be only one true reason...

its all a load of shite

omg did i really just say that....

dont burn me for eternity god im sorry honest i am

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    Why on earth would you expect that? They are all men, you blind mofo!
    Not all, just one. The one in my Avi now is all female

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Not all, just one. The one in my Avi now is all female
    I call BS! Proof? haha
    ***No source checks!!!***

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    reminds me of that quote in the new rambo when they save the christian group
    "God didnt save you, we did"

Rotary is offline Associate Member
    Proud christian checking in.

Rotary is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoleboyy View Post
    reminds me of that quote in the new rambo when they save the christian group
    "God didnt save you, we did"
    Kinda funny since Stallone is a devout Christian/Rupublican

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Darwin himself said on his death bed that his THEORY of evolution is junk science.

but molecular DNA analysis and sequencing isnt... that wasnt around when he was

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bd View Post
    not bad... but don't forget that Poe was a wacked out alcoholic
    and a Read the board rules. No rec drug posts that died at a bar broke and alone oh and he also married his 13 y/o cousin. Hey, maybe thats 3 or 4 more reasons to be an athiest. and also you get to hang out on message boards pretending to be a stud and posting pics of little asain girls

Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post
    and a Read the board rules. No rec drug posts that died at a bar broke and alone oh and he also married his 13 y/o cousin. Hey, maybe thats 3 or 4 more reasons to be an athiest. and also you get to hang out on message boards pretending to be a stud and posting pics of little asain girls
    Sounds like somebody might be a bit jealous, and none of the girls I post pics of are little. And the main reason I hang out on the message board, as you put it, is to help people. Exactly why are you here ?
    Last edited by Kale; 02-08-2008 at 12:17 AM.

peteroy01 is offline Senior Member
    kale, i dont think anything is little about that girl!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie-BOY View Post
    Darwin himself said on his death bed that his THEORY of evolution is junk science.
    ...did he really?

There is a story that Charles Darwin (1809-1882), English naturalist and developer of the theories of evolution through natural and sexual selection, recanted his life's work and agnosticism and accepted Christianity on his deathbed. It has been circulating through evangelical publications and broadcasts for many years. The story originated with Lady Hope (a.k.a. Elizabeth Reid Cotton, widow of Admiral of the Fleet Sir James Hope), an evangelist in Darwin's neighborhood of Downe, England. She said in a 1915 speech to a Moody evangelical school in East Northfield, Ma., that on his deathbed Darwin had been reading the Epistle to the Hebrews. Supposedly, he wished for singing and worship at his home, regretted that his evolutionary "speculations" were taken so seriously and had caused such evil, and that he accepted the Christian scheme of "salvation." The story was printed in the Boston Watchman Examiner and has been in circulation ever since.

The evidence shows that the story is not true. Lady Hope was not present at the deathbed of Darwin. The multiple independent accounts of his death, written by those who were there, make no mention of it. His children who were there at his death wrote articles and letters that specifically refuted the recantation and conversion story. Lady Hope did show such detailed knowledge of Darwin's home and estate that she must have visited Darwin at some time late in his life, though not at his deathbed. Darwin himself was disturbed with the misuses "Social Darwinism" made of his theories. He thought that Christianity was good for common people, though not for himself and other educated men. Darwin was revising his theories in the latter part of his life, to take new information into account, though he did not doubt that evolution had occurred, only how it had happened. Lady Hope probably heard all of this in a visit to Darwin late in his life, and conflated it imaginatively into a deathbed recantation!

SourcesThe Lady Hope Story: A Widespread Falsehood
    Did Darwin Recant? - From Answers in Genesis, a creationist organization based in Cincinnati.
    Clark, Ronald W. The Survival of Charles Darwin. New York: Avon, 1984, 214-217, 525
    Desmond, A., et al. Darwin: the Life of a Tormented Evolutionist (New York: Warner Books/Norton, 1991), pp. 485-663
    Tom McIver, "Ancient Tales and Space-Age Myths of Creationist Evangelism." Skeptical Inquirer 10 (3) 266-276"
    Moore, James The Darwin Legend (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 1994), pp. 11-168
    The Lady Hope Story (http://www.ediacara.org/hope.html)

ChuckLee is offline Scammer
    This should be a sticky on the google home page!!!
    I'm gonna traslate it in my language for my mates...

CL

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Religion SUCKS spirtuality ROCKS

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    "I knew I was god when I realized I was talking to myself"

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramouche View Post
    ...did he really?

There is a story that Charles Darwin (1809-1882), English naturalist and developer of the theories of evolution through natural and sexual selection, recanted his life's work and agnosticism and accepted Christianity on his deathbed. It has been circulating through evangelical publications and broadcasts for many years. The story originated with Lady Hope (a.k.a. Elizabeth Reid Cotton, widow of Admiral of the Fleet Sir James Hope), an evangelist in Darwin's neighborhood of Downe, England. She said in a 1915 speech to a Moody evangelical school in East Northfield, Ma., that on his deathbed Darwin had been reading the Epistle to the Hebrews. Supposedly, he wished for singing and worship at his home, regretted that his evolutionary "speculations" were taken so seriously and had caused such evil, and that he accepted the Christian scheme of "salvation." The story was printed in the Boston Watchman Examiner and has been in circulation ever since.

The evidence shows that the story is not true. Lady Hope was not present at the deathbed of Darwin. The multiple independent accounts of his death, written by those who were there, make no mention of it. His children who were there at his death wrote articles and letters that specifically refuted the recantation and conversion story. Lady Hope did show such detailed knowledge of Darwin's home and estate that she must have visited Darwin at some time late in his life, though not at his deathbed. Darwin himself was disturbed with the misuses "Social Darwinism" made of his theories. He thought that Christianity was good for common people, though not for himself and other educated men. Darwin was revising his theories in the latter part of his life, to take new information into account, though he did not doubt that evolution had occurred, only how it had happened. Lady Hope probably heard all of this in a visit to Darwin late in his life, and conflated it imaginatively into a deathbed recantation!

SourcesThe Lady Hope Story: A Widespread Falsehood
    Did Darwin Recant? - From Answers in Genesis, a creationist organization based in Cincinnati.
    Clark, Ronald W. The Survival of Charles Darwin. New York: Avon, 1984, 214-217, 525
    Desmond, A., et al. Darwin: the Life of a Tormented Evolutionist (New York: Warner Books/Norton, 1991), pp. 485-663
    Tom McIver, "Ancient Tales and Space-Age Myths of Creationist Evangelism." Skeptical Inquirer 10 (3) 266-276"
    Moore, James The Darwin Legend (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 1994), pp. 11-168
    The Lady Hope Story (http://www.ediacara.org/hope.html)
    rather this is true or not does not change the fact that it IS junk science. Read "the case for a creator" by Lee Strobel. Lee is a lawyer who set out to prove to his parents there was NO God. When he was done with his research he realized there must be a Creator. The book blew my mind and pissed me off that I had been fed such a bunch of shart throughout school. The book has nothing to do with any particular religion. Just evidence of a creator.

rather this is true or not does not change the fact that it IS junk science. Read "the case for a creator" by Lee Strobel. Lee is a lawyer who set out to prove to his parents there was NO God. When he was done with his research he realized there must be a Creator. The book blew my mind and pissed me off that I had been fed such a bunch of shart throughout school. The book has nothing to do with any particular religion. Just evidence of a creator.
    i havnt read that book and im not going to, just like u havnt read the works of darwin, i can quote and quote and u can counter quote and counter quote the fact of the matter is some choose to believe because they want to believe and others choose to disbelieve because they want to disbelieve, the definitive answer to the creator question wont be aswered on a steroid forum such as this and the opinions of u and i wont be taken into account, so go ahead and trash every scientific journal as junk science it wont make any difference but if it helps you confirm your belief then u should do it some more... really its ok

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    One question, if evolution isnt a solid theory. How come 99.999% of all biologist that acctualy do develop and use the theory think its correct.

there is overwhelming proven scientific evidence to support the theory of evolution. Religion has nil. If you are familiar with science, you would know that any experiment is conducted not to prove that something is right, but to prove that something isnt. Is there a creator? maybe, but most people use the term God, creator, or whatever in place of a lack of evidence of what really happened. We may never know the truth, but to say god created us all is just as correct as saying that he didnt and doesnt exist, as there is no solid evidence that dates that far back. But from the information that we do have, it seems logical that evolution is a pretty solid theory.

science is based on theories, and nothing is ever really 100% proven, that is why experiments are continuously conducted. That is also why species names are always changing, as we find out new taxonic data and genetic sequencing trends. If anything in science was ever proven correct, no one would ever research it again and the specific field would stagnate. And that is the complete opposite of what the scientific method is about. If you dont believe in science and scientific methods, and would rather speculate on things without evidence, then you should cut all medicine (antibiotics, roids, medical care, etc) out of your life, because that is all based and built up from science. If you don't, you are a hypocrite.
    Last edited by tadpoleboyy; 02-08-2008 at 06:48 PM.

rodgerj is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kärnfysikern View Post
    One question, if evolution isnt a solid theory. How come 99.999% of all biologist that acctualy do develop and use the theory think its correct.
    **** is that Van D in that pic? wtf is he doing? and wtf is he wearing?

qualityclrk1 is offline Senior Member
    50 reasons?....not one of them is good enough for me.....

Quote Originally Posted by rodgerj View Post
    It looks like William Shattner to me

HORSE~ is offline yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by qualityclrk1 View Post
    50 reasons?....not one of them is good enough for me.....

Agreed....

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by rodgerj View Post
    Its him allright From some old movie I have never seen. Seems like he is dancing a bit in a snazzy outfit.

you ever see van damme cameo in dodgeball? he looking totally jacked if i recall. I think he was doin some bicep exercise

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoleboyy View Post
    there is overwhelming proven scientific evidence to support the theory of evolution. Religion has nil. If you are familiar with science, you would know that any experiment is conducted not to prove that something is right, but to prove that something isnt. Is there a creator? maybe, but most people use the term God, creator, or whatever in place of a lack of evidence of what really happened. We may never know the truth, but to say god created us all is just as correct as saying that he didnt and doesnt exist, as there is no solid evidence that dates that far back. But from the information that we do have, it seems logical that evolution is a pretty solid theory.

science is based on theories, and nothing is ever really 100% proven, that is why experiments are continuously conducted. That is also why species names are always changing, as we find out new taxonic data and genetic sequencing trends. If anything in science was ever proven correct, no one would ever research it again and the specific field would stagnate. And that is the complete opposite of what the scientific method is about. If you dont believe in science and scientific methods, and would rather speculate on things without evidence, then you should cut all medicine (antibiotics, roids, medical care, etc) out of your life, because that is all based and built up from science. If you don't, you are a hypocrite.

the evolution theory still cannot describe where the original matter came from in the first place......thus, the evolutionary theory still cannot disprove God. SO imo, a religious person, who believes that God caused the spark that lead to evolution, is still very valid...

I am agnostic by the way

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information