Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969 View Post
    Oh, but none of the supplements worked, and a week of half-assed diet and exercise didn't work, so it MUST be genetics!!!!

"Hey.. what do you think about the new hydroxycut?"

Honestly right... I've worked with a number of obese people.

And I've gotten 'em all in shape except for one.

This one.. she did lose over 50 lbs working with me.

But.. then she stopped at 200 lbs and starting to back peddle.

She started to respond with a lot of 'cant's...

Loads of reasons why she wanted to change things.

Things she'd 'heard' from other people.

In the end.. i left her to her own devices...and she re-gained weight.

She tried weight-watchers and a number of other programs...to no benefit.

This long story goes to say that simply, people lack discipline...and refuse to commit to an approach.

Additionally, people's attention spans are limited.

This relates back to the lack of discipline.

On the plus side, each of these things can be 'fixed' by conscious mental change.

-CNS

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    that 300lb man can lose weight but ugly is for life!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    ok,speaking from personal experience,iwas morbidly obese,330lbs at 5'11",food for me was a way to fix myself.Just as a drug addict does,and btw i am an addict in recovery clean 6 years.I put down the coke spoon and picked up the fork.Its so easy to gain weight if you're not actively exercising and being vigilent about your diet.I saw myself gaining weight,and would make efforts here and there to diet and exercise,when i didn't see immediate results,i gave up,i figured food wasn't as bad as drugs so i kept eating.I was in denial about my food addiction.It wasn't until i reached a point where i actually could not stand to look at myself,not to mention my failing health that i made a decision to do something about it.I took drastic measures.Today i weigh 200lbs,i got down to 187lbs,and believe it or not i don't have loose skin,due to intense 2 a day workouts in the beginning.My diet is clean and healthy,mostly chicken and veggies and good carbs,although i'll eat beef and pork from time to time,i'm actually making an effort to bulk up a little bit and i'm making great progress.I ddon't think obese or morbidly obese people like the way they look,or how they feel,and they feel even worse when some smart-ass comes along and busts their chops about it.If some wiseguy muscle head would have stepped to me and ranked on me because of my weight,i would have made sure i left him regretting he did,by any means necessary!The fukked up thing is that when i see overweight people i kinda cringe,and maybe i judge a little too,but i remember what it was like for me,and thank God i'm not there anymore.I'm going to the gym tonight with the ol lady as we do every mon-wed-fri,because now health and fitness is our way of life.i wouldn't change it for the world!
    Congrats on what you've achieved.

You sir, are a minority.

Kudos to you and the lil lady.

-CNS

Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    Congrats on what you've achieved.

You sir, are a minority.

Kudos to you and the lil lady.

-CNS
    thank you brother.also for the lil lady comment,she'll like that.lol

Blog Entries
    ^^

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001 View Post
    in all seriousness i feel i can make a pretty accurate comment as i was very fat for many years. It becomes a vicious circle and too a degree i blame the food culture. I had no real knowledge of diet and nutrition (why would i) So i used to eat mostly processed food because they were cheap, convenient, well advertised and widely available. Little did i realise most of this food was very calorie dense and gave most of its cals in sugary carbs and fats. Even though I did not eat vast ammounts i was putting on weight. Things like drinking alcohol or coke i really had no clue how calorie rich they were. These foods also gave me comfort. I was fat and aware of it and i lacked self confidence. I felt best when i was enjoying some nice food. I thought that i was natrually fat (my mum told me) and that people who were thin or muscular simply had better genetics. I knew i could lose weight by dieting but to me diets were eating salad, if i had known i could eat 9 meals of meat a day I would have started the bodybuilding type diet years ago!!!
    It took me watching a real life diet help TV show where some very fat people got into great shape that finally persuaded me that it was possible for anyone to look however they like with a little hard work.
    Beast I had no idea you used to be heavy,I respect you even more now!

200byjune is offline Senior Member
    narkissos sorry that my spelling was incorrect. but if they are to lazy to do anything about it they dont deserve to eat. they have no respect for themselves. but dont get me wrong if there is someone who asks for help or i see busting there ass off i would be more then happy to help. no questions asked i would love to help someone. but if there to lazy i mean you get the point.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    What i consider an 'emabersment to america' is the fact that a large percentage of you can't, properly, converse in your native tongue:
    -CNS
    Nark I like how you think, you converse much like how two scientist would talk to each other. I wish more people would pay attention to semantics when reading the threads. I can understand some misspellings and improper grammar from time to time cause I sure do it, but not reading someones reply entirely gets on my nerves a little.

Blog Entries
    You are not exempt from my tirade:

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Nark I like how you think, (**Appropriate punctuation would be: '.'**) you converse much like how two scientist would talk to each other. I wish more people would pay attention to semantics when reading the threads. I can understand some misspellings and improper grammar from time to time cause I sure do it, but not reading someones reply entirely gets on my nerves a little.

lol... I do agree with you however.

-CNS

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You are not exempt from my tirade:

lol... I do agree with you however.

-CNS
    good play sir!!!

lol.. that ad runs on my tele almost nightly.

'Slimming garments' are a big LOL for me.

I'd hate to the bastard who goes home with one of those chunkers.

I mean, hell..what happens when you get in the bedroom and take that shit off?

Hello rebound effect.

LMAO!
    ROFL

Exactly my FIRST thought when seeing this. Sure, you may look 10% better by having all that pudge sucked together, but what happens if you score a drunk guy? (fatties tend to prey on drunk guys)

I can only imagine. WTF is this?

Another thing.

One of my biggest pet peeves is....."Food Addiction"

Food addiction my ass. I was pretty chubby for 18yrs and ate whatever the **** I wanted to. I got to a point where I consumed upwards of 6k junk calories a day. It wasn't too much of a problem because I was playing two sports, but caught up quickly when those days were over.

It is all about motivation. Food addiction..ha. Food addiction is simply a cop out for lazy fat people with no motivation or desire to change.

If you want to lose weight and change your life, start eating differently. YOU control what YOU put in your mouth, you aren't forced to eat crap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by football2007 View Post
    YOU control what YOU put in your mouth, you aren't forced to eat crap.
    I'm not so sure about that.

There was the one time in Venice when i put a gun to fat chick's head and forced her to allow me to take a dump between her triple chin.

Afterward...I shave her eyebrows and gave her a pearl necklace on her forehead to replace 'em

Ah... venice.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    aaaaaaaaaahahahahaaha

No One Knows is offline Senior Member

There was the one time in Venice when i put a gun to fat chick's head and forced her to allow me to take a dump between her triple chin.

Afterward...I shave her eyebrows and gave her a pearl necklace on her forehead to replace 'em

Ah... venice.
    Damn bro, sounds like good times

Gears is offline Member
    I have no problem with overweight people, I understand the complications in society. What I do have a problem with, is when I go to a family gathering, and a fat uncle sees me cheating and eating unhealthy foods, and claims that I have good genetics, and he`s fat because he dosen`t.

Don`t fvcking comment on something you don`t know about. Its completely disrespectful to insult somones work, dedication, and research by assuming they were born that way.

domeyeahaigh is offline Senior Member
    This thread is interesting..I think it brings up interesting points.

Disorders and things can be dealt with. I have been through some shit, as I am sure most everyone has. What do you feel the best way to deal with things are? Take a drug or work through it like a man?

Fat people choose to be fat...dsm mentioned sexual abuse, a ****ed up reality, but what matters is how you deal with things..I say, if you are sexually abused, go exercise so you can kick some ass next time someone tries to do that. Will power will power will power...

I do understand that some people have a hard time, still not an excuse. I have no sympathy.

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Would you have much 'get up and go' in life if you couldn't see the reading on the scales or your penis cause your belly is in the way??

Guess life sucks after that point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty_git View Post
    Would you have much 'get up and go' in life if you couldn't see the reading on the scales or your penis cause your belly is in the way??

Guess life sucks after that point.
    ..And for everything else there's mastercard

-CNS

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    ..And for everything else there's mastercard

-CNS
    ha ha ha

Ah... venice.
    3 chins just isnt enough for me. Gotta go four or more.

Imma feed them pillsbury cookies and watch those chins grow..

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Being a Fat Bastard myself I have found this thread to be interesting and I find myself agreeing on many points brought up here. However, the one post that stands out most to me is Inky-e’s very insightful post. Inky-e you sir are inspiring and I wish you the best on your journey of wellness.

Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    ok,speaking from personal experience,iwas morbidly obese,330lbs at 5'11",food for me was a way to fix myself.Just as a drug addict does,and btw i am an addict in recovery clean 6 years.I put down the coke spoon and picked up the fork.Its so easy to gain weight if you're not actively exercising and being vigilent about your diet.I saw myself gaining weight,and would make efforts here and there to diet and exercise,when i didn't see immediate results,i gave up,i figured food wasn't as bad as drugs so i kept eating.I was in denial about my food addiction.It wasn't until i reached a point where i actually could not stand to look at myself,not to mention my failing health that i made a decision to do something about it.I took drastic measures.Today i weigh 200lbs,i got down to 187lbs,and believe it or not i don't have loose skin,due to intense 2 a day workouts in the beginning.My diet is clean and healthy,mostly chicken and veggies and good carbs,although i'll eat beef and pork from time to time,i'm actually making an effort to bulk up a little bit and i'm making great progress.I ddon't think obese or morbidly obese people like the way they look,or how they feel,and they feel even worse when some smart-ass comes along and busts their chops about it.If some wiseguy muscle head would have stepped to me and ranked on me because of my weight,i would have made sure i left him regretting he did,by any means necessary!The fukked up thing is that when i see overweight people i kinda cringe,and maybe i judge a little too,but i remember what it was like for me,and thank God i'm not there anymore.I'm going to the gym tonight with the ol lady as we do every mon-wed-fri,because now health and fitness is our way of life.i wouldn't change it for the world!
    I think this post brings up a valid point of choice and I have to agree with most everyone here who suggests that is a matter of willpower/ choice.

I think there are extraneous forces that play a role in the U.S.’s obesity problem on a whole. Such as the norming of being overweight, marketing and availability of fast food, non-nutritious processed foods, the advent of the high fructose corn syrup in everything, and the complexity of everyday living and trying to survive with minimal about of time to cook healthy food. There is also the cultural factor where food is celebrated and it is expected to overeat highly rich foods and the individual family factor where some families have habituated unhealthy daily diets. However, no matter what is said and done it all comes down to the individual choice.

IMHO, the biggest factor to being fat or fit is attitude and then making a choice based on the attitude / thought process.

I have read a lot in this post about how the so called quoted “addiction to food” argument is complete nonsense. Though, there is some merit to it being nonsense in that there is “no control” over an addiction because even at an addicts worst there is a moment of sobriety to some degree in which that person chooses to continue or not. So self control does exists even at it lowest point but there is a decision that needs to be made and that is based on attitude/ though process.

I think this brings me to the point that I want to make… Many people have a sense (let it be a real sense or perceived sense) of nihilism or no hope and death by intoxication/ false sense of well being is better than the living with the daily rigors and misery of life. From personal experience there has been many times I just said “F**k It”… It is irrational but it is a choice.

I have many positive things in my life today to continue on living for but every now and then life does seem to crawl up on my back and becomes overwhelming. However, I have better coping strategies than I once did when I was younger. I still battle the bulge and make daily decisions that are good for me but every now and then I have to indulge to escape the constant monotony of life. I don’t do it as much and I have better alternatives than I once did and my life is better for it. The difference is my attitude and believing that life is worth living. In my experience in working with people I think this is a common effect that many people go through in that they just don’t believe that life is worth living and therefore the bad choices.

I do believe AandF6969 does have some issues with fatties because of his visceral response but I am grateful that he started this thread because I believe there are some extremely insightful responses to the concept of obesity.

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christopherallen View Post
    This thread is interesting..I think it brings up interesting points.

Disorders and things can be dealt with. I have been through some shit, as I am sure most everyone has. What do you feel the best way to deal with things are? Take a drug or work through it like a man?

Fat people choose to be fat...dsm mentioned sexual abuse, a ****ed up reality, but what matters is how you deal with things..I say, if you are sexually abused, go exercise so you can kick some ass next time someone tries to do that. Will power will power will power...

I do understand that some people have a hard time, still not an excuse. I have no sympathy.
    I agree that the problems associated with this illness are chosen. They can be over come by hard work and will. The point you’re missing is that a lot of these people don’t have the knowledge or tools you do in overcoming adversity. The will to succeed is a leaned trait, it is not something you’re born with. You mother, father, and coaches taught you to not give up and keep trying. Some of these people have never been exposed to that mentality. I guarantee you that there are fat people that have no idea why they are fat. You are not born with the knowledge of proper diet and exercise. Some one teaches you. Many of the people on this thread take for granted that fat people know how to work out and eat right, but think they are just lazy and prefer to sit on the couch. That is not the case many fat people would love to be fit they don’t know how. I am sure many people had sympathy with you through out your life. When you where in college your professors did not throw you a test and say I have no sympathy for the grade your about to get the library was there long before you where born. They taught you then tested you. Let’s hope god has more sympathy than you when it comes time for you to be judged. If he uses your no sympathy approach then your fvcked? Let’s imagine that moment, but god when I judged those people I had no idea they felt ashamed of their appearance, I did not know suffered from depression and live a life of self defeating reclusion. I had no idea that they come from a poverty level household, they had no male role model and their mother had no idea what a well balanced diet means.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post
    Here's a good look at how pathetic fat people are

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6ZR9V9PWnaY

A fat person reduced to tears for mildly exerting themselves....now i've seen everything!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson9d View Post
    I agree that the problems associated with this illness are chosen. They can be over come by hard work and will. The point you’re missing is that a lot of these people don’t have the knowledge or tools you do in overcoming adversity. The will to succeed is a leaned trait, it is not something you’re born with. You mother, father, and coaches taught you to not give up and keep trying. Some of these people have never been exposed to that mentality. I guarantee you that there are fat people that have no idea why they are fat. You are not born with the knowledge of proper diet and exercise. Some one teaches you. Many of the people on this thread take for granted that fat people know how to work out and eat right, but think they are just lazy and prefer to sit on the couch. That is not the case many fat people would love to be fit they don’t know how. I am sure many people had sympathy with you through out your life. When you where in college your professors did not throw you a test and say I have no sympathy for the grade your about to get the library was there long before you where born. They taught you then tested you. Let’s hope god has more sympathy than you when it comes time for you to be judged. If he uses your no sympathy approach then your fvcked? Let’s imagine that moment, but god when I judged those people I had no idea they felt ashamed of their appearance, I did not know suffered from depression and live a life of self defeating reclusion. I had no idea that they come from a poverty level household, they had no male role model and their mother had no idea what a well balanced diet means.

What a roll of self-defeatist bull-shit.

I was fat as a teen....due to being a life-long, and heavily medicated, asthmatic. The bronchial steroids prescribed blunted my glucose tolerance and bumped my appetite. I was round in the middle and wiggled when i walked.

When i decided i wanted to be slim... It was my decision, no one else's.

I got up off my ass.. and switched to a vegetarian diet and started to swim.

Two years later i was scrawny as hell.

Then i started to lift weights because I was taunted for being too skinny, whereas before i was taunted for being too fat.

After a year of training I entered my first bodybuilding show and the rest is history.

My lifestyle choices were never supported my family or peers.

I learned by doing.

I'm tired hearing all of the bullshit excuses people make for themselves, when the simple truth is: all the information anyone could ever want is out there.

If someone wants to build a bomb they can google it easily.

Building a body is many times less complex.

Blanket statement.. i know. But no greater of a blanket statement than the ones you've been spewing.

-CNS

[QUOTE=*Narkissos*;3911523]What a roll of self-defeatist bull-shit.

I was fat as a teen....due to being a life-long, and heavily medicated, asthmatic. The bronchial steroids prescribed blunted my glucose tolerance and bumped my appetite. I was round in the middle and wiggled when i walked.

Then i started to lift weights because I was taunted for being too skinny, whereas before i was taunted for being too fat.

After a year of training I entered my first bodybuilding show and the rest is history.

I learned by doing.

I'm tired hearing all of the bullshit excuses people make for themselves, when the simple truth is: all the information anyone could ever want is out there.

Blanket statement.. i know. But no greater of a blanket statement than the ones you've been spewing.

-CNS[/QUOTE

You’re proving my point; you are part of an educational support community that helps you learn how to train. Some one helped you learn to swim. Who gave you the idea to be a vegetarian or a swimmer? Some one wrote the diet info you read to help you learn to eat for muscularity. You did not originate this sport you have learned about it from others. I agree that the info is out there for people to educate themselves just like there is info our there for you to educate yourself. You had to reach a point in you life that provoked change. My point is that many people are caught in a self defeating psychosis that keeps them trapped in there situation and just like a drug addict they will not change until they hit a bottom and are choose to change. This is the basics of cognitive science; it is simple ignorance of anyone who does not understand the behavior.

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=wilson9d;3911557]
    What a roll of self-defeatist bull-shit.

I learned by doing.

-CNS[/QUOTE

You’re proving my point; you are part of an educational support community that helps you learn how to train. Some one helped you learn to swim. Who gave you the idea to be a vegetarian or a swimmer? Some one wrote the diet info you read to help you learn to eat for muscularity. You did not originate this sport you have learned about it from others. I agree that the info is out there for people to educate themselves just like there is info our there for you to educate yourself. You had to reach a point in you life that provoked change. My point is that many people are caught in a self defeating psychosis that keeps them trapped in there situation and just like a drug addict they will not change until they hit a bottom and are choose to change. This is the basics of cognitive science; it is simple ignorance of anyone who does not understand the behavior.

so your saying fat ppl are weak minded and stupid?

LOOK nobody taught me ANYTHING. They helped me learn. When their help was not sufficient, which is true all too often what do I do? I learn on my own, research.

I wrote an article a few years ago about the successful people around me, I used smoking to say that a lot of people who smoked were unsuccessful, but also at the same time now that I am thinking. A good majority of successful people are not fat. This is NO coincidence. If I do not know or do not understand how to do something, I go out and find someone who understands, and I ask questions. If that does not quench my thirst for knowledge in that, I do further research in books, and on the net.

Fat people do not know, because they are too ****ing lazy to go out and figure it out. Their physical appearance is a reflection of their inner self. If you do not like your situation, deal with it. If you are unhappy, IT IS YOUR FAULT. ONLY YOU CAN CHANGE THAT.

I have no respect for anyone who relies on other people for happiness. Ever meet a girl who was so dependent on you that it was sick?

...bleh

[QUOTE=naturalsux;3911747]

so your saying fat ppl are weak minded and stupid?
    yes

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=christopherallen;3911768]
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalsux View Post
    yes
    that's fine i feel the same way.

i just wanted to see what he was gonna say.

Quote Originally Posted by christopherallen View Post
    Fat people do not know, because they are too ****ing lazy to go out and figure it out.
    Their physical appearance is a reflection of their inner self. If you do not like your situation, deal with it. If you are unhappy, IT IS YOUR FAULT. ONLY YOU CAN CHANGE THAT.
    Agreed, Agreed, Agreed x 100000000

If someone is too dumb to look in the mirror and realize that you'd get laid by hotter partners, get paid more, get better jobs, actually get checked out when you walk down the street, not have to turn the lights off when you have sex, etc etc etc then I don't know what to tell them.... If I were fat as hell I'd put all my effort/energy into learning all I could about diet/nutrition/exercise. What excuse is there with the internet now? No excuse. Who can't take an hour out of their day to read up on the basics of diet and nutrition and start practicing habits of proper calorie balance, complex carbs, healthy fats, cardiovascular exercise, etc. etc. etc... How many millions of websites are out there devoted to this topic?

All it takes is time, and desire to change. My girlfriend's cousin is like that... rather than change herself, educate herself, motivate herself to get thin she just sits on the couch and stuffs her face and bitches about how fat she is... WTF. I seriously want to slap her and say SHUT UP AND STOP BITCHING! People would rather bitch about something than change it, but unfortunately excuses and bitching are not adequate fuel for muscle gain OR fat loss. Your body doesn't burn fat from bitching. If you don't like something about yourself, CHANGE IT!! Take control of YOUR life, no one is holding a gun to your head preventing you from educating yourself or forcing you to stuff your fat ass with cake.

"It is simple... your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same..." - SwoleCat
    Last edited by AandF6969; 04-06-2008 at 10:13 PM.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969 View Post
    Agreed, Agreed, Agreed x 100000000

If someone is too dumb to look in the mirror and realize that you'd get laid by hotter partners, get paid more, get better jobs, actually get checked out when you walk down the street, not have to turn the lights off when you have sex, etc etc etc then I don't know what to tell them.... If I were fat as hell I'd put all my effort/energy into learning all I could about diet/nutrition/exercise. What excuse is there with the internet now? No excuse. Who can't take an hour out of their day to read up on the basics of diet and nutrition and start practicing habits of proper calorie balance, complex carbs, healthy fats, cardiovascular exercise, etc. etc. etc... How many millions of websites are out there devoted to this topic?

All it takes is time, and desire to change. My girlfriend's cousin is like that... rather than change herself, educate herself, motivate herself to get thin she just sits on the couch and stuffs her face and bitches about how fat she is... WTF

"It is simple... your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same..." - SwoleCat
    one of my fav quotes ever.

Blog Entries
    Just shakes my head and laughs at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

Is that your way of giving up after Narkissos proved you wrong?

Do you ever post anything besides pictures that arent funny?

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

I know dude, fat people are pretty dumb...

Blog Entries
    Is that your way of giving up after Narkissos proved you wrong?

No one has "proven me wrong." My initial point of posting still stands: who the hell cares what other people do. If people want to be big then let them.

Blog Entries
    You’re proving my point;
    If your 'point' denotes that I was intrinsically motivated to change my physique...Sure.

However that wasn't your point...was it?

you are part of an educational support community that helps you learn how to train.
    Error.

When i lost the weight I had no support base.

Did you not read my post?

Let me quote it for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos

I learned by doing.
    That being said:

Some one helped you learn to swim. Who gave you the idea to be a vegetarian or a swimmer?
    I got up off my ass... I read... I did.

I inquired about swimming lessons... I took them.

No one said: "Here Narkissos, take this information... go change your body."

Intrinsic motivation.

Some one wrote the diet info you read to help you learn to eat for muscularity.
    Reading and assimilating are not equal to 'teaching'.

This goes contrary to your core argument by the way...

Additionally, it supports my own...which is: There is an abundance of information out there.

The utilization of said information is up to the individual.

The difference between myself and a fat-ass is the choice to seek out and utilize this information.

You did not originate this sport you have learned about it from others.
    This is circular logic.

...And in no way does it support your core argument.

I agree that the info is out there for people to educate themselves just like there is info our there for you to educate yourself. You had to reach a point in you life that provoked change. My point is that many people are caught in a self defeating psychosis that keeps them trapped in there situation and just like a drug addict they will not change until they hit a bottom and are choose to change.
    Your terminology infers absolute eventuality...

It is this psycho-dribble that the fat perpetuate to comfort themselves.

This is the basics of cognitive science; it is simple ignorance of anyone who does not understand the behavior.
    My undergrad, which I'm about to complete, is in psychology, sociology, and public sector management.

I'd reckon that I have an understanding of this behaviour.

While learned helplessness does indeed exist, this is not the primary reality behind the obesity epidemic.

I'd hypothesize that condoning this behaviour contributes to its perpetuation.

Hand-holding, accountability-reducing, psycho-babble pre-empts acceptance of behaviour...which in turn pre-empts assimilation as a social norm.

-CNS

Blog Entries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information