Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McCain

Gators is offline Banned

McCain

This guy is going to be hard for me to vote for, he comes across as a arrogant a$$, he's old, and a career bureaucrat. Pisses me off the choices we keep getting, all of McCains previous competitors would be a better choice than him, that's what 'our' republican party churns out, 8 years of W now McCain

tjpatrick1987 is offline Associate Member
    mccain is the only choice left..he will crush obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    The only way you could vote for McCain is if you hate the others more. He has virtually nothing to offer.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    The only way you could vote for McCain is if you hate the others more. He has virtually nothing to offer.
    ^^^exactly....

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Anybody who claims to be a conservative and votes for Mccain in the name of party loyalty should be ashamed of themselves.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont like him either, just my thoughts.

feanixco is offline Banned
    I am very conservative and I agree that he has nothing to offer but I absolutely hate the two other alternatives.

Gators is offline Banned
    lesser of the evils, like the previous 8 years. I can't believe this is the best both parties have to offer.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    I will not vote for him, no way no how. I thought I might, the lesser of 2 evils thing but he keeps opening his mouth reminding me why I hate him and I do hate him.

Bob Barr is sounding really good.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Vote for Ron Paul!
    Vote for Bob Barr!

More good news for Barack Obama!!!

Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't understand why anyone would 'hate' the man. Hate is a strong word and if you hate someone who has never done anything to you personally, you've got some serious issues, IMO.

I don't hate McCain, as a matter of fact I kinda like the geezer because he has his own mind...sometimes. But I would NEVER vote for him.

GO OBAMA!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    Vote for Ron Paul!
    Vote for Bob Barr!

More good news for Barack Obama!!!

...and the status quo!!!

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    Yeah I'm going to vote for him because I will not vote for Obama, just because he's 'republican' he is not going to be "another Bush"

Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    Yeah I'm going to vote for him because I will not vote for Obama, just because he's 'republican' he is not going to be "another Bush"
    Take a look at some of his policies and you will change that statement.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i am Canadian, so i know it dont matter, but i hear all the sit on Sirius radio and based on policies and everything i would vote for Obama...also he just got Edwards support so thats gonna help....

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would 'hate' the man. Hate is a strong word and if you hate someone who has never done anything to you personally, you've got some serious issues, IMO.

I don't hate McCain, as a matter of fact I kinda like the geezer because he has his own mind...sometimes. But I would NEVER vote for him.

GO OBAMA!
    Agreed.

Gators is offline Banned
    Well maybe some folks have different views,close to 50% of the country doesn't agree w/ Obama's guess's (i guess you can call them his policies). Just because i don't agree w/ your views does not make you right or wrong Bro, we just have different 'ways' to get the the shared goal.

How big a role does gay rights play into your decision. Not flaming Carlos, just curious? One of my hot button social issues is abortion, i'm very pro life (my wife and i help w/ a local pregnancy center that gives young girls a alternative to abortion, we just, if they wanna listen, lay out to them the alternative route, and support them regardless of the decision they make)

There are more policies that Obama have that I disagree with more. Plus, Obama as a person disgusts me

Obama as a person disgusts me
    I feel the same for McCain and Bush.

The Bush-McCain Challenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbBEQN9Hb8Y

GO OBAMA!
    I hate him because of a lot of reasons, as a person he is a real jerk, when he was a POW his wife and kids suffered too and held dialy prayer vigiles for him, and then his wife develops cancer and is also fighting for her life. He gets out and abandened them for a hussy 20years younger then himself. His wife is on her death bed and his off in Hawaii banging a near teenager. His own kids disowned him! Thats the type of person he is. I am angry that he is the one representing the Republican party and it makes me question, am I in the correct party? His Iraq policy is also "bothersome" to me, I don't knowthe correct answer but having McCain in charge of that is, well, bothersome yet it's his strong point?

I feel the same for McCain and Bush.
    Agree to disagree then my man

39+1 is offline Banned
    Agree to disagree then my man
    Me, I just like being perfect, and I am perfect.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post
    I hate him because of a lot of reasons, as a person he is a real jerk, when he was a POW his wife and kids suffered too and held dialy prayer vigiles for him, and then his wife develops cancer and is also fighting for her life. He gets out and abandened them for a hussy 20years younger then himself. His wife is on her death bed and his off in Hawaii banging a near teenager. His own kids disowned him! Thats the type of person he is. I am angry that he is the one representing the Republican party and it makes me question, am I in the correct party? His Iraq policy is also "bothersome" to me, I don't knowthe correct answer but having McCain in charge of that is, well, bothersome yet it's his strong point?
    I really didn't know this information about McCain, Kfrost. Thanks! How come the media and conservative media (Sean Hannity, Rush, Levin, and Savage) haven't mentioned these facts. Are they not just as damning as have a bigotted preacher?

I really didn't know this information about McCain, Kfrost. Thanks! How come the media and conservative media (Sean Hannity, Rush, Levin, and Savage) haven't mentioned these facts. Are they not just as damning as have a bigotted preacher?
    The GOP plan on attacking Michelle Obama which is a mistake. It leaves the door open for attacks on Cindy. Besides McCain leaving his cancer ridden wife for Cindy, Cindy had a drug habit and stole drugs from her employer.

Gators is offline Banned
    The GOP plan on attacking Michelle Obama which is a mistake. It leaves the door open for attacks on Cindy. Besides McCain leaving his cancer ridden wife for Cindy, Cindy had a drug habit and stole drugs from her employer.
    Maybe the difference between questioning what some SAYS and personal attacks elude you. Figures...

Quote Originally Posted by Gators View Post
    Maybe the difference between questioning what some SAYS and personal attacks elude you. Figures...
    Eludes me? The GOP already started airing ads attacking Michelle Obama. Are you saying personal attacks are OK for the GOP but not anyone else?

Hollywood080 is offline Anabolic Member
    Eludes me? The GOP already started airing ads attacking Michelle Obama. Are you saying personal attacks are OK for the GOP but not anyone else?
    I haven't seen these. Got any links?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood080 View Post
    I haven't seen these. Got any links?
    They're airing in Tennessee. It's on youtube.

The GOP had attack ads linking Democratic candidates to Obama in Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi. All 3 Republicans lost their seats to Democrats. The ads didn't work. Now they're trying Michelle attack ads. It reeks of desperation.

o.k. I was slightly off and going by memory she didn't have cancer but she was in a sever auto accident. It's very difficult to find info on her, carol shep and what was in the wikkipedia last month is gone??? There are no photos, and there are no bios on her on the internet???

Here is what I did find...

"Carol Shepp was a model from Philadelphia (no modeling photos available online). John McCain married her in 1965, and adopted her two children. In 1966, they had a child of their own, Sidney. In 1969, while McCain was locked up in the infamous Hanoi Hilton, Carol was in a near-death auto accident, going face first through the windshield. She emerged four inches shorter by the time John got home, and gained a "good deal of weight." (again, no pictures).

Contrary to what you may assume, John McCain did not run right out on Carol after her disfigurement. That is considered poor form in the military, and at the time, he could have been discharged for such conduct. Instead, John had affairs, the most meaningful of which was with Cindy Lou Hensley. He stayed with Carol until 1980, when he left the military, before leaving her for the wealthy (Anheuser-Busch money) 25 year old Cindy. Carol was 'surprised' at the split, but never accusatory. She got a pretty nice settlement for the times, considering she did not contest the divorce or attend any of the proceedings. Two years later, with help and support from the Hensley family, McCain was in Congress.

Shepp later worked in the Reagan White House, and surfaced briefly in 2000 (saying she supported McCain's presidential run), but has led a very low profile life. Still, as a former model, former White House employee, and former wife of a well known Senator and two time presidential candidate, the lack of readily available photos and bio information is beyond coincidence. There has apparently been a very successful campaign to erase her. Why? To remove that third data point if things had ended differently with Vicki Iseman? Forget the affair, if there was one. Perhaps even Cindy McCain would see the irony in John's infatuation with a younger woman."

I'm not real happy with McCain, but I have to say I will vote for him. By not voting for him you might as well just hand the presidency over to the Dems. McCain has said that he wants to have a minimal non violent presence in Iraq by 2013. His foriegn policy is way better than Obama's. Obama is gonna just sit them down and explain our points of view and the terrorists should look at it from our perspective and decide that they have been wrong this whole time and lay down their weapons and hold hands and skip around in a circle singing It's a Small World After All!!!!!! WTF is that about?????? Anyways I will vote for McCain even though he isn't my ideal president, but he is 1000 times better than what the Dems are offering!

Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post
    o.k. I was slightly off and going by memory she didn't have cancer but she was in a sever auto accident. It's very difficult to find info on her, carol shep and what was in the wikkipedia last month is gone??? There are no photos, and there are no bios on her on the internet???

Here is what I did find...

"Carol Shepp was a model from Philadelphia (no modeling photos available online). John McCain married her in 1965, and adopted her two children. In 1966, they had a child of their own, Sidney. In 1969, while McCain was locked up in the infamous Hanoi Hilton, Carol was in a near-death auto accident, going face first through the windshield. She emerged four inches shorter by the time John got home, and gained a "good deal of weight." (again, no pictures).

Contrary to what you may assume, John McCain did not run right out on Carol after her disfigurement. That is considered poor form in the military, and at the time, he could have been discharged for such conduct. Instead, John had affairs, the most meaningful of which was with Cindy Lou Hensley. He stayed with Carol until 1980, when he left the military, before leaving her for the wealthy (Anheuser-Busch money) 25 year old Cindy. Carol was 'surprised' at the split, but never accusatory. She got a pretty nice settlement for the times, considering she did not contest the divorce or attend any of the proceedings. Two years later, with help and support from the Hensley family, McCain was in Congress.

Shepp later worked in the Reagan White House, and surfaced briefly in 2000 (saying she supported McCain's presidential run), but has led a very low profile life. Still, as a former model, former White House employee, and former wife of a well known Senator and two time presidential candidate, the lack of readily available photos and bio information is beyond coincidence. There has apparently been a very successful campaign to erase her. Why? To remove that third data point if things had ended differently with Vicki Iseman? Forget the affair, if there was one. Perhaps even Cindy McCain would see the irony in John's infatuation with a younger woman."
    Sad.

I'm not real happy with McCain, but I have to say I will vote for him. By not voting for him you might as well just hand the presidency over to the Dems. McCain has said that he wants to have a minimal non violent presence in Iraq by 2013. His foriegn policy is way better than Obama's. Obama is gonna just sit them down and explain our points of view and the terrorists should look at it from our perspective and decide that they have been wrong this whole time and lay down their weapons and hold hands and skip around in a circle singing It's a Small World After All!!!!!! WTF is that about?????? Anyways I will vote for McCain even though he isn't my ideal president, but he is 1000 times better than what the Dems are offering!
    Come on. You know that's not what Obama said. That is GOP's interpretation.

Come on. You know that's not what Obama said. That is GOP's interpretation.
    I'm pretty positive it is what he said. That's why he is all up in arms over Bush's speech in front of the Israel Parliment.

I'm pretty positive it is what he said. That's why he is all up in arms over Bush's speech in front of the Israel Parliment.
    He is up in arms because Bush' attack was a lie. Obama is not trying to appease terrorists. His response:

"He accused me and other Democrats of wanting to negotiate with terrorists, and said we were appeasers, no different from people who appeased Adolf Hitler," "Now that's exactly the kind of appalling attack that has divided our country and alienated us from the rest of the world and that’s why we need change in Washington,"

"I want to be perfectly clear with George Bush and John McCain, and with the people of South Dakota," "If George Bush and John McCain want to have a debate about protecting the United States of America, that is a debate I am happy to have anytime, anyplace. And that is a debate that I will win because George Bush and John McCain have a lot to answer for."

"That was frustrating enough," "Then John McCain gives a speech. He gave a speech in the morning where he talked about the need for civility in our politics. He talked about elevating the tone in our country.... Not an hour later, he turned around and embraced George Bush's attacks on Democrats.

"McCain jumped on a call with a bunch of bloggers and said that I wasn't fit to protect this nation that I love because I wanted to sit down and negotiate with tough diplomacy with countries like Iran," "He accused me of not being fit to protect this nation, this nation that my grandfather served in World War II, this nation that's given me everything that I have. So much for civility."

"They’ll have to explain why Hamas now controls Gaza – Hamas that was strengthened because the US insisted that we have democratic elections in the Palestinian Authority,"

McCain "still hasn’t spelled out one substantial way that he’d be different from GB when it comes to foreign policy"

"John McCain has repeated this notion that I am prepared to negotiate with terrorists," "I have never said that. I have been adamant about not negotiating with Hamas, a terrorist organization that has vowed to destroy Israel. In fact the irony is, yesterday just as John McCain was making these attacks, a story broke that he was actually guilty of the exact same thing that he was accusing me of.

"That's the kind of hypocrisy that we've been seeing in our foreign policy, the kind of fear peddling, fear mongering, that has prevented us from actually making us safe. They're trying to fool you, they're trying to scare you. And they're not telling the truth. And the reason is because they cannot win a foreign policy debate on the merits. But it's not going to work. And it's not going to work this time, and it's not going to work this year."
    In any event Bush' statement was a gift to Obama. It drowned out McCains 2013 speech and linked McCain to Bush' foreign policies. Plus it exposes McCain's flip flop on Hamas.

Here McCain saying we should talk to Hamas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ATuxuebh0

It wasn't a lie. He never mentioned Obama. Not even once. He was strictly talking about an issue that has been discussed for decades.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    mccain is the antichrist

It wasn't a lie. He never mentioned Obama. Not even once. He was strictly talking about an issue that has been discussed for decades.
    Wrong again.

During Bush' speech CNN contacted Bush' staff.

White House aides privately acknowledged the remarks were aimed at the presidential candidate Obama and others in his party.
    I was watching Bush' speech live on CNN as they contacted the White house. I have to say McCain/Bush supporters seem to be very misinformed.

what does CNN contacting Bush have to do with anything??? He still didn't say Obama! It's like that saying if you call a pack of dogs a liar the guilty one will bark!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information