RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member

For all you Active Duty service members and vets with gi bill TAKE A LOOK URGENT!!

I just read my self into a god damn epileptic seizure im so excited.

If you have served for at least 3 yrs and have the current GI Bill and have not used up all of your benifits, you are going to love this news.

As of June 30th, 2008 a bill is being rushed to be looked at by the president to be signed. It is projected to be signed and passed by August of this year.

If passed, everything you know or thought you knew about the current GI bill... will be canned and a new one will be put in place of it.

Instead of receiving $1100 monthly towards school for 3 years they have decided to go a different route.

The new GI bill will pay your tuition up front 100% and is capped at the states most expensive schools expense. On top of that, you will receive BAH rated at E-5 w/ dependents for the schools area. It gets better.

They will also pay UP FRONT $1000 YEARLY for books and other necessities. And you have 15 yrs from your last day of enlistment to use this.

For the newer guys who are still active and havent bought in. DONT. THERE IS NO BUY IN FOR THIS. I paid 1200 into it.

www.gibill2008.org
    Last edited by RoadToRecovery; 07-02-2008 at 09:07 PM.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Guard took care of me. 100% tuition + GI bill and kicker. GI and kicker were for 4 yrs of school. Came out to around $650/month. That took care of me through college.

Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac View Post
    Guard took care of me. 100% tuition + GI bill and kicker. GI and kicker were for 4 yrs of school. Came out to around $650/month. That took care of me through college.
    But this was while you were in the service correct?

This new gi bill is for after you are discharged.

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Yes, while I was in.

Nice to see they are taking care of our troops. Too bad not everybody takes advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by DNoMac View Post
    Yes, while I was in.

Nice to see they are taking care of our troops. Too bad not everybody takes advantage.
    I personally cant see how everyone wouldnt. e-5 bah w. dependents where i plan on going to school is $2250 monthly tax free. Thats $550 a week to go to school full time. Thats nuts!

And your right, its about time the govt started taking care of us. Last time school was free for troops was back in the 40s after WW2.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if that includes me?... A combat vet from the 1st gulf war?

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy View Post
    I wonder if that includes me?... A combat vet from the 1st gulf war?
    according to the website... it is ANY service vet you served at least 36 months.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    thanks for the heads up RTR. use any bennies the goverment offers to us vets. cuzz they used us, i still feel violated...lol

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I used mine up first go around... I am going for second graduate degree here shortly.... wish I could take advantage of that...

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    I used mine up first go around... I am going for second graduate degree here shortly.... wish I could take advantage of that...
    Ah that sucks... well at least you got what you could out of them for the time being.

I love when civilians say "Military people have it made.I should join the military cuz they are so pampered" lol... yeah i felt so pampered living in condemned marine barracks for 3 months. This is the first thing that ive seen that has come close to being pampered.

southmadejd is offline Member
    Just so you know, the actual benefits of this bill wont actually go into effect until Aug 1st 2009. But it is still an awesome bill and I am psyched...even though I will probably only get to enjoy it for about 2 semesters.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Bunch of pampered women if you ask me. I am sitting here with $40k in ****ing student loans.

You join the military to kill people and chop off ears and wear them as a necklace, not for going to school. WTF?
    ***No source checks!!!***

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    Bunch of pampered women if you ask me. I am sitting here with $40k in ****ing student loans.

You join the military to kill people and chop off ears and wear them as a necklace, not for going to school. WTF?
    Oh here we go again.

60+ hours weekly with no overtime, no lunch breaks, and working in 90 plus degree weather just so the plane can get up and running so it can leave for a mission. Yeah reallly pampered.
    Last edited by RoadToRecovery; 07-03-2008 at 09:51 AM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    sweet, that means for those of us that are disabled the school program will get even better..

thanks for the link..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Emilio_Rebenga is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    only if they wouldve had this in "98...

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio_Rebenga View Post
    only if they wouldve had this in "98...
    Well like i said, as long as you didnt use it up... and have served 36 months total. This goes for reservists also. You are eligible. And you still have 5 more years to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by southmadejd View Post
    Just so you know, the actual benefits of this bill wont actually go into effect until Aug 1st 2009. But it is still an awesome bill and I am psyched...even though I will probably only get to enjoy it for about 2 semesters.
    Well actually it goes into effect in august of 08 but thats zone 1. zone 2 is august of 2009 which is the full on benefits.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    our local college got a free program for vets, its called, veterens upward bound. it dont give credit hours, but it can get you up to speed on core classes and its free. i need to go and take a english grammer class so i dont write so dumb.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadToRecovery View Post
    Oh here we go again.

60+ hours weekly with no overtime, no lunch breaks, and working in 90 plus degree weather just so the plane can get up and running so it can leave for a mission. Yeah reallly pampered.

You could always be working in 100 plus weather.
    ***No source checks!!!***

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Any guys that PROVE your life is worth what your think of your country....

GOOD ON YOU LADS!

You have hope in people and want to be the best out of you and your country!

That gets my respect, fuk politics.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja View Post
    You could always be working in 100 plus weather.
    Yeah good point...

My flight line was 116 yesterday. The aircraft was a cool 142 degrees inside.

Thread Information