View Poll Results: How do you REALLY feel about newbs

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • O cool....I get to help someone in need...

18 30.00%
  • O no...not another one...

4 6.67%
  • AAAAGGGHHHH....CAN YOU F-ING READ!!!???

12 20.00%
  • SWEET...a newbie...Your about to be FLAMED!!!

6 10.00%
  • It doesn't matter either way...

27 45.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elysium is offline Productive Member
    All 08's should be banned.

Until 09', then we'll ban all the 09's till 10'.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    everyone should be concerned with their own matters.

i think staffing on the board right now is more of a problem than the noobs. that being said there are a lot of pointless threads, threads in the wrong places etc and not enough enforcement of the rules.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MESSY_UK View Post
    All 08's should be banned.

Until 09', then we'll ban all the 09's till 10'.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    ...and not enough enforcement of the rules.
    I'm trying

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    everyone should be concerned with their own matters.

i think staffing on the board right now is more of a problem than the noobs. that being said there are a lot of pointless threads, threads in the wrong places etc and not enough enforcement of the rules.
    Not to knock anyone but i tend to agree. There are times where i report a spam thread and it doesn't get deleted till the next day. This has happened on more than one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I'm trying
    lol. i always have confidence in you

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Not to knock anyone but i tend to agree. There are times where i report a spam thread and it doesn't get deleted till the next day. This has happened on more than one occasion.
    only when I get pissed and go on strike for a few days.

basically it comes down to the fact that one person (Big) cant be expected to be responsible for the entire forum.

I dont see any other HoFers spending their time cleaning up the board other than him.

-shrug- time for some new staff i think

Blog Entries
    basically it comes down to the fact that one person (Big) cant be expected to be responsible for the entire forum.

I dont see any other HoFers spending their time cleaning up the board other than him.

Ill help out.

All i need are paid vacations and a company car. Is that too much to ask for ?

Ill help out.

All i need are paid vacations and a company car. Is that too much to ask for ?
    lol. if thats the case, sign me up as well.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    i'm still a newbie but i have researched...just because i post mainly in the lounge doesn't mean that i don't read stuff in the Q&A section or the diet section or any other section for that matter. i've also learned just from asking questions and chatting in the official postwhore thread...

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    and i was SOOOO paranoid my package was going to be dropped off at my door by controlled delivery...i actually emailed them back saying..."keep the money....dont send that stuff to my door"

well...they kept the money...
    hahha f'in newb

I came here as a noob when I became frustrated posting on another board because a bunch of sr. members in a click all ganged up on me because I posted something that was not a popular belief amoung them.

They ignored facts and just rallied around their friends and flamed me. It was childish. I don't care if they were vetrans. They were behaving like children. I then decided that was I board I didn't want to be on so I left and found this one.

free_spirit is offline Junior Member
    came here as a noob when I became frustrated posting on another board because a bunch of sr. members in a click all ganged up on me because I posted something that was not a popular belief amoung them.

They ignored facts and just rallied around their friends and flamed me. It was childish. I don't care if they were vetrans. They were behaving like children. I then decided that was I board I didn't want to be on so I left and found this one.
    Hehe that just sounds like your current run ins with the guys here anyway, on with your anavar cycle . :P lol
    Last edited by free_spirit; 09-20-2008 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by free_spirit View Post
    Hehe that just sounds like your current run ins with the guys here anyway, on with your anavar cycle . :P lol
    Naw, guys here are much cooler. If I happen to get in a disagreement with one person, 15 other of his friends don't immediately jump out of the woodwork and start bashing me in random ways that have nothing to do with the disagreement just because they want to cluster f*ck anyone who happens to disagree with a 'vet' who is their friend in their little click.

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post
    If I happen to get in a disagreement with one person, 15 other of his friends don't immediately jump out of the woodwork and start bashing me in random ways that have nothing to do with the disagreement just because they want to cluster f*ck anyone who happens to disagree with a 'vet' who is their friend in their little click.
    I had suggested implementing that feature here, it's still under review

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I'm a newbie. Sup everybody!!

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    I think this thread is pretty FVCKED up. Its not like newbis are a different species.
    Were you born with an AR birth certificate or something?
    um no jerk off....if you read the thread you would see that I have admitted to being a newb...

I had suggested implementing that feature here, it's still under review
    For just me or for all newbs?

Are you still angry at me bro? I'm sorry but I told you I CAN NOT check anymore sorces for you! So stop pm'ing me with all the requests already I have to cut you off. Your on your own now.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    This is kind of a loaded question, it's like asking "how do you feel about people?" There are many different types of people, and subsequently many different types of n00bs. For the most part I truly appreciate the new members, and I would much rather they come here and ask a question, even if it's a question that's been asked a thousand times, than for them to not ask that question and end up hurting themselves. On the other hand, we seem to get our share of members who post:
    "I'm 18, 6'2", 150lbs, my diet is perfect, and a guy I know recommended a dbol /deca cycle, what do you think? Will this make me huge?"
    then when we try to steer him in the right direction, he argues how the guy who advised him is massive and knows more than all of us. It makes me wonder why he even posted the question.
    Notwithstanding that, those members are just a small cross section of the populous, and they will always come as part of the new member brigade. My opinion is that we should do our best to help them all, and if some choose not to take our advice, at least we tried.

Thats the best way to answer this question...

I do wish they would actually look for answers before asking, but in any case, its a chance to help someone not make a horrible mistake...

Big
    Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post
    For just me or for all newbs?

Are you still angry at me bro? I'm sorry but I told you I CAN NOT check anymore sorces for you! So stop pm'ing me with all the requests already I have to cut you off. Your on your own now.
    oh well, it was nice while it lasted

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    They keep the board fun.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    i enjoy helping people out as much as possible, i don't know why, i just feel the need to help people

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    I'm new, but I just choose to read for most of my knowledge and I'll ask a question if necassary. I don't think it's new people who suck, it's the new people who suck, that suck.

Lots of people sign up to ask one retarded question and then lip off the people who answer.

I don't really see how length of time signed on to a free internet forum places you above anyone else, we're all into the same stuff and come to a certain place to learn stuff, or just goof around with people that have common ground with ourselves.

...but yah the 17 year old deca only cycles are pretty sweet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    I'm new, but I just choose to read for most of my knowledge and I'll ask a question if necassary. I don't think it's new people who suck, it's the new people who suck, that suck.

Lots of people sign up to ask one retarded question and then lip off the people who answer.

I don't really see how length of time signed on to a free internet forum places you above anyone else, we're all into the same stuff and come to a certain place to learn stuff, or just goof around with people that have common ground with ourselves.

...but yah the 17 year old deca only cycles are pretty sweet.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Not many have any mod powers.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    The board will always be like this. Yes I agree not enough staff on the open forums, but not everyone has delete/edit powers, very few. Admins are supposed to be the ones doing that. I try to do what I can but I end up just speaking up, that's all I can do. Ive said it many times in the anabolics this week about bad info and shitty threads, but my hands are tied.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    The board will always be like this. Yes I agree not enough staff on the open forums, but not everyone has delete/edit powers, very few. Admins are supposed to be the ones doing that. I try to do what I can but I end up just speaking up, that's all I can do. Ive said it many times in the anabolics this week about bad info and shitty threads, but my hands are tied.
    You are powerless ...

BG
    LOL, guess Im lucky to just be back here huh?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    LOL, guess Im lucky to just be back here huh?
    I am lucky as well. I have had my fair share of forced vacations from this place.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    40plus is pretty new and like a little baby Confucious

deliverance is offline Associate Member
    i think if it had not been for someone helping me witha few things i would have been a bit clueless....i did alot of studing and reading but it still was a little confusing at first...i think we should all help them in one way or the other....we all were there and if you think about it....your still a newb still to some things for the simple reason you will learn something new almost everyday with the things we do...no one knows everything when it comes to lifting

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    We were all noobs at one point or another. It's even possible for people with 3000+ posts to still be noobs.

Voland is offline Celtiberian Pagan Whoremachine Leader
    some noobs, rock for example there's this Voland. He's one wise, smart, cool, badass who never posts on the steroid section.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Everyone should have a post max per day or something. I keep seeing so many people that have been here for 2-4 months with 2k+ in posts. There is no way they're quality posts.

The response I was actually looking for was "stfu noob"

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    You got it! ^^

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

im on here every single day helping get rid of unwanted posts and spam
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    You got it! ^^

Ahhhhhhh that's better

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    I think this thread is pretty FVCKED up. Its not like newbis are a different species.
    Were you born with an AR birth certificate or something?
    actually yes i was

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information