Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    Is there still time for you to go back and punch that dude or no?
    good idea.

cuz punching someone solves everything...riiiiiiiiiight

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    yeah F that guy but you shouldnt slam the machine wait if u can help u can crack the plates but u didnt so he can f himself. i had to tell this guy to pick his shit up today at the gym. i was working an he kept throwin shit on the ground sayin u missed a spot and then he through hella papers towls all ripped up in the back where all the people i know and are my age lift, i dont know what he was doin but it pissed me off and infront of everyone i made him go outside to talk he was hesitent so i kinda pushed him or walked him out like a bouncer and told him that i know he's joking but i dont appreciate it and to please knock it off. then he picked up most of it and left. called me on the phone said he told the owners and what not and called me a little punk i just laughed and he hung up. owner didnt even bring it up when he gave me a ride home, i told him he laughed and said the guy was an idiot. lol so people wanna play ruff "OK, WE CAN PLAY RUFF"

Sir Lifts-a-lot is offline Senior Member
    The gym has rules. When you own a gym then you can do whatever it is that you so choose. When I worked at a gym I had to replace the stacks twice on equipment. The plates break rather easily, especially if they are older.

Treat the gym with some respect bro..

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    He was probably grunting like Paris Hilton getting fcuked up the a$$ which will have annoyed everyone in the gym!!

Freakish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    and that......is why you go to planet fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger02 View Post
    LOL I throw the weight down everytime I lift anything and then eye-dominate anyone who looks at me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    Is there still time for you to go back and punch that dude or no?
    this is why i love this forum lmao

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    on second thought.....i will STFU
    Last edited by wascaptain5214; 10-10-2008 at 04:38 AM.

stpete is offline Banned
    Find another gym man. Sounds like you belong to one of those corporate machines that really only want your money. Dropping the weight(not disrespecting it) is normal when going heavy, and it's constant at my gym. And no one says a word..Ever.
    The only rule we have is re-rack your weights. But that doesn't happen that much.
    Good luck.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wascaptain5214 View Post
    on second thought.....i will STFU

I actually I agree, why did he have to be "the annoying black ****er", why couldnt he have been just the annoying ****er?

And yeah, if the gym has rules, adhere to them. If you don't think its good enough for you, find somewhere else.

At the end of the day, and you said this yourself, the guy came over to you, politely, and asked you to not drop the plates. And what did you do?

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I've never understood the whole dropping the weights thing, and I've lifted some heavy ass weights. Personally, I think it's more of a "look at me" thing than anything else. I love ya Ruhl, but it's called weight lifting, not weight dropping.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    if i was intentionally dropping the weights for attention i'd have dropped them on my other 4 sets of that weight too when i did 8 reps.....that last set i was ****in goin for it i somehow did almost double the reps i did before.....there was pretty much complete failure at the end. Yea people look and mutter under their breath or blatantly stare.......sure sometimes it gives me extra motivation for a set and maybe i'll be a lil louder but i'm there to lift not **** around.

everyone who hasn't needs to go train at a hardcore gym like metroflex sometime and see just how awesome it is.....no one ****in bats an eyelash when you drop weights, you've all seen ronnie, he's havin fun liftin heavy ass weights, who's to judge him for droppin shit. And metroflex when you're going for it on a set you can get as amped as you want....yell, get someone to smack you, and instead of stare you know what anyone that's not in a set does? they come over and cheer you on

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    really has someone here ever seen a metal plate crack in gym equipment, i have not as a matter of fact if its not pot metal there using it wont crack from being slamed face to face

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    OK I am having issue understanding your issue..... U dropped the wait he came and told you not to do that....you could have told him it was just an accident.Over and done with.

Knowing you now I know you will argue the hell out of me but this situation could be avoided some times "Big man" walks away from the fight

Are you one of those guys who grunt the shit out of himself and say fvck at the end of the set and drop the wait? and check to see if chicks are looking at him?

Quote Originally Posted by smokeyd View Post
    really has someone here ever seen a metal plate crack in gym equipment, i have not as a matter of fact if its not pot metal there using it wont crack from being slamed face to face
    actually i bend the pipe once the whole stake fell on it and the base pipe got a dent in it.

o yeah that you could dent the shit out of metal but your not going to crack the plates from dropping them if there not pot metal, you could drop them off the empire state building and they wouldn't crack in half, they may end up bent in half from the landing but just plates hitting plates with that much surface area and being exactly the same size its not going to hurt the plates, now as for the rest of the machine, f ck it messes them up pretty bad, i work on them everyday...

o yeah that you could dent the shit out of metal but your not going to crack the plates from dropping them if there not pot metal, you could drop them off the empire state building and they wouldn't crack in half, they may end up bent in half from the landing but just plates hitting plates with that much surface area and being exactly the same size its not going to hurt the plates, now as for the rest of the machine, f ck it messes them up pretty bad, i work on them everyday...
    stop putting it in the plates

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    I actually I agree, why did he have to be "the annoying black ****er", why couldnt he have been just the annoying ****er?

And yeah, if the gym has rules, adhere to them. If you don't think its good enough for you, find somewhere else.

At the end of the day, and you said this yourself, the guy came over to you, politely, and asked you to not drop the plates. And what did you do?
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    stop putting it in the plates

the whole is just the right size

the whole is just the right size
    thank you for that visual

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    if i was intentionally dropping the weights for attention i'd have dropped them on my other 4 sets of that weight too when i did 8 reps.....that last set i was ****in goin for it i somehow did almost double the reps i did before.....there was pretty much complete failure at the end. Yea people look and mutter under their breath or blatantly stare.......sure sometimes it gives me extra motivation for a set and maybe i'll be a lil louder but i'm there to lift not **** around.

everyone who hasn't needs to go train at a hardcore gym like metroflex sometime and see just how awesome it is.....no one ****in bats an eyelash when you drop weights, you've all seen ronnie, he's havin fun liftin heavy ass weights, who's to judge him for droppin shit. And metroflex when you're going for it on a set you can get as amped as you want....yell, get someone to smack you, and instead of stare you know what anyone that's not in a set does? they come over and cheer you on

Yeah, thats the gym that RONNIE COLEMAN goes to. The one you go to clearly dont endorse the dropping of weights. Im sorry but it seems to me that you are trynna get your peers on this forum on your side, because we all lift weights. It's like me sitting in a Lecture and my phone bleeps. The Lecturer asks me to turn it off, I "pfft", leave it on and it bleeps again. Then I complain afterwards because im told to get out the lecture hall.

Yeah, thats the gym that RONNIE COLEMAN goes to. The one you go to clearly dont endorse the dropping of weights. Im sorry but it seems to me that you are trynna get your peers on this forum on your side, because we all lift weights. It's like me sitting in a Lecture and my phone bleeps. The Lecturer asks me to turn it off, I "pfft", leave it on and it bleeps again. Then I complain afterwards because im told to get out the lecture hall.
    i fail to see how that comparison has ANY bearing here whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    OK I am having issue understanding your issue..... U dropped the wait he came and told you not to do that....you could have told him it was just an accident.Over and done with.

Knowing you now I know you will argue the hell out of me but this situation could be avoided some times "Big man" walks away from the fight

Are you one of those guys who grunt the shit out of himself and say fvck at the end of the set and drop the wait? and check to see if chicks are looking at him?
    i grunt yea...i make noise....i say light weight.....dominate....etc....do i do it because i want chicks to look at me? rofl what sense would that make? none of the stupid bitches are even impressed by weightlifting and it just intimidates them, i do it because i'm training and i'm gettin crazy and intense....i do it whether there are people there or not.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Ruhl look where your headed with that attitude...: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

i grunt yea...i make noise....i say light weight.....dominate....etc....do i do it because i want chicks to look at me? rofl what sense would that make? none of the stupid bitches are even impressed by weightlifting and it just intimidates them, i do it because i'm training and i'm gettin crazy and intense....i do it whether there are people there or not.
    ok then .......

so how hard was it to tell him it was an accident?

very hard because he's a little prick and i'm quite sick of them trying to tell me how to lift.....but of course it was kinda an accident....i mean i don't know where the **** failure is exactly.

someone get me some goddamn protein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone get me some goddamn protein!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you want to drink right out of tap?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished

my thoughts without all the typing

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    very hard because he's a little prick and i'm quite sick of them trying to tell me how to lift.....but of course it was kinda an accident....i mean i don't know where the **** failure is exactly.
    he works at a gym dealing with d-bags like you ruhl
    make a friend so you have a spot if you're going to train to failure

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i sell this equipment and yes you can damage it by dropping the weights. So when you break it the owner has to pay hundreds of dollars to fix it. and while its broke you and all the other members cant use it. I see how they were wrong for asking you to be more careful.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    i sell this equipment and yes you can damage it by dropping the weights. So when you break it the owner has to pay hundreds of dollars to fix it. and while its broke you and all the other members cant use it. I see how they were wrong for asking you to be more careful.
    you should not sell equipment that can be broken simply by dropping it

Let me tell u what happen now gixxer.

He will argue and argue and argue till every body will forget what the hell he is arguing about.

I was told a long time ago to be respectable with weights and they will espect you.

But it doesnt apply in his case cause it was an accident and it could be over with all he had to tell that "black ****"(as he put it) it was an accident.

see he beat me to it.

Well that is abusing the equipment. Just like taking your bronco and revving it to 7000 rpm. Its not what it is made for. The equipment shouldn't break under normal use.

Well that is abusing the equipment. Just like taking your bronco and revving it to 7000 rpm. Its not what it is made for. The equipment shouldn't break under normal use.
    a 5.8 liter ford V8 CAN'T turn 7000 rpms stock.....and weight machine however CAN be dropped from any point along it's range of motion.....so if it's within the capabilities of the machine it should be engineered to withstand such.

**Calgarian thinks Oh God arguing ....Its just like a nagging wife just that its on the forum.

The Broco was an example....geez

Why the hell i am reading this thread.

a 5.8 liter ford V8 CAN'T turn 7000 rpms stock.....and weight machine however CAN be dropped from any point along it's range of motion.....so if it's within the capabilities of the machine it should be engineered to withstand such.
    oh if you put your foot to the floor in park it will get to 7k but probably explode so after. Just like dropping the weight from the top of the stack. Just because you can lift the weights to the top doesn't mean you should be able to drop them from the top and everything be ok. You will bend or break something. Could they build it so that wouldn't happen. Probably. But instead of that machine your using costing 8k it will now cost 12k and the gym cant afford it. So they make it for 8k and it will work fine and last if its not ABUSED

oh if you put your foot to the floor in park it will get to 7k but probably explode so after. Just like dropping the weight from the top of the stack. Just because you can lift the weights to the top doesn't mean you should be able to drop them from the top and everything be ok. You will bend or break something. Could they build it so that wouldn't happen. Probably. But instead of that machine your using costing 8k it will now cost 12k and the gym cant afford it. So they make it for 8k and it will work fine and last if its not ABUSED
    nope....rev limiter...i've tried it

nope....rev limiter...i've tried it
    you get the point though

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    Ruhl is definitely "That guy" in the gym....

And if it really was an accident, why didn't you just tell him that and say sorry? He works there, you don't. There's rules in society and in gyms, if you want a gym where you can throw shit around, go there. You'll love it when the equipment starts wearing down.

Keep in mind just cause you yell like an animal and slap yourself, doesn't make you any more serious of a trainer than anyone else. I train hard and intense, I don't cause a scene, and if you flipping out ruins other peoples work outs, then it's a problem.

It's the guys job to make sure people don't break shit, so I don't really see why you're complaining.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    Ruhl has got Tren Rage!! gRRRR like a BEAR.........Then Drop the weight
    and Eye Dominate!!!!! ohhh shiiiitttt SHUN!!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information