Andro9 is offline Member

New Supplement Shop

I have been an EMT for a couple years now, shitty pay, 24 hr shifts sometimes, and you gotta deal with alot of dirty scummy people. but all is looking up for me as my loan just got approved and im opening my own supplement shop. im very excited. Was looking for some feedback, what do you guys look for in a supplement shop besides low prices. Also im planning to offer diet advice for free. Anything you guys can think of as far as services and products go to attract people.

Andro9 is offline Member
    also any ideas on what to call the shop

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    well if you can get a website up i would suggest seeing how much it is to rent an ad space on here

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro9 View Post
    I have been an EMT for a couple years now, shitty pay, 24 hr shifts sometimes, and you gotta deal with alot of dirty scummy people. but all is looking up for me as my loan just got approved and im opening my own supplement shop. im very excited. Was looking for some feedback, what do you guys look for in a supplement shop besides low prices. Also im planning to offer diet advice for free. Anything you guys can think of as far as services and products go to attract people.
    All supplement shops are going to have the same products for sale. I know throwing in a free t-shirt here, or a free protein cup there always persuades me to buy some stuff. And make sure that anyone that works there genuinely knows about all the products that are sold in your store.

I hate when I go into a store and ask about a new brand of protein that came in and all I get is a "durrrrrr" response.

Honestly, the only thing I care about is price. I know what I want before I go to the store so I'm just looking for the lowest price

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    if you get a website up and offer a free shaker and good prices i'll give you some business. probably not the advice you're looking for but thats all i got =p

but definitely get knowledgeable people in-store (cough cough not gnc) and keep the prices as low as possible. i always think of it as 1% profit with happy buyers will yield better long term gains than 5% profit now and dissatisfied customers.

Andro9 is offline Member
    thanks guys i appriciate the responses itll be a while before i get a website up but ill def let ya guys know when i do

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    how hard was it to get the shop and the products wholesale? i am very interested in starting one up

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Where is your shop located at? what city?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    a brick and mortor?? or just a web pass through??
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    I would say prices are my biggest reason for choosing one shop over another also. However, You may have to find a few other angles to attract clients. I think it will be hard to compete with the big supplement shop chains prices since you will be buying at a fraction of the volume. You still need to turn a profit.

Andro9 is offline Member
    well i had help from a buddy who owns a supp shop called complete supplements he helped me pick a location and everything with the prices im getting ill be able to sell shit WAY cheaper than big supp franchises, for ex. pro complex(4.6lb) will be going for $45 and a 2.48lb jug of muscle milk for $22 as i am concentrating on volume not high prices like GNC. anyways its a pain in the ass to find this stuff cheap but my buddy helped me out. it is an actual shop, the overhead isnt too bad but i did have to move back in with my parents only for a few months tho(start up costs ran me dry). i have a deal set up with the local wrestling club(high school) and a gym nearby so we'll see how it goes. I will be throwing in free t shirts to help sales. hopefully i can get a website up soon so u guys can buy my shit haha
    Last edited by Andro9; 10-28-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Andro9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04 View Post
    Where is your shop located at? what city?
    id rather not say where i am located, as i have admitted to using AAS on here lol

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Hope everything goes well for ya. Shame your not in Ireland we could do with some competition here.

Andro9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    Hope everything goes well for ya. Shame your not in Ireland we could do with some competition here.
    thanks bro. I hope it goes well to so i can quit my day job lol. my schedule is gonna be rough supp shop is open from 10am to 8pm every week day and i have 1 shift at the firehouse on the weekends

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Ahh it's going to be rough all right but put the time in I suppose and relax after it. Onwards and upwards bud.

Andro9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeyd View Post
    how hard was it to get the shop and the products wholesale? i am very interested in starting one up
    ill tell ya its not as easy as i thought it would be getting everything going. there are alot more expenses than i planned for. I think the biggest thing if you actually going to open up a shop is to keep overhead costs low like rent and everything. i only have a 900 sq/ft space but its only $450/mo

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro9 View Post
    ill tell ya its not as easy as i thought it would be getting everything going. there are alot more expenses than i planned for. I think the biggest thing if you actually going to open up a shop is to keep overhead costs low like rent and everything. i only have a 900 sq/ft space but its only $450/mo
    Obviously not living in Southern California.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMSilviaSpecR View Post
    or the northeast! 450 a month???

BuffThaStuff is offline Associate Member
    if you got some good prices i'll order for sure.

Andro9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMSilviaSpecR View Post

midwest bro haha. were real big on wrestling and MMA around here, but have no supp shop. so thats kinda the crowd im trying to pull in

Andro9 is offline Member
    btw free tshirt with ya first order. front says Powerhouse Nutirtion, back says Dedicate. Dominate. ill be approx 2 months before i get the website going

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    if you get a website up and offer a free shaker and good prices i'll give you some business. probably not the advice you're looking for but thats all i got =p

but definitely get knowledgeable people in-store (cough cough not gnc) and keep the prices as low as possible. i always think of it as 1% profit with happy buyers will yield better long term gains than 5% profit now and dissatisfied customers.
    bump this, when i order online price is everything i dont care about free t-shirts or shaker cups,i look at total price,price of product + s&h the lowest gets my money.

Thread Information