Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeLo View Post
    To answer your question to this as a black man. I would say yes, Only a black person should be able to tell another black person a black joke. Or a black person can tell a black joke to any other race.

But for you to be outside of the black race an tell a black joke is definitely racist, specially since No one knows you and doesn't know the intent of your remarks.

Black folks can call each other the "N" word to each other and it's cool. But a white person should never do that. Partially because this is the word used by whites and slave owners when referring to a person of color.

Don't pretend to act like you know what slavery was like or to down play what slaves had to endure (being beat by whips, and black women being rape, being hung from trees, hosed down with large hoses, etc).

This is geting off topic and the racial comment should stop, NO matter what. It's just stupid and childish and shouldn't take place on this forum.
    Have you ever been a slave? We probably have the same amount of experience being slaves which would be none.

Did you know the first people refered to as the N word were Irish not black. Also Irish people were endentured servents for 7 years before becoming Americans. So I do have slave experience in my ancestry and experience being refered as the N word in my ancestry as well.

On a personal level, mono e mono, I grew up in a lower middle class neighborhood, went to inner-city high school, had the city police pick up me and my friends, beat us up and drop us off in the black part of the city hoping we'd get ****ed up.

I been to prison, been on food stamps as a kid, had my dad laid off. I could go on. So historically my people been called the N word and been slaves. However what really matters, the now and recent past and not 400 years ago, Ive been through similar struggles that black people go through. You can be black and be president in America. You are equal now. It was 400 years ago and you werent there. Get over it or harp on it and never move foward. Good thing Obama got over it.

So if Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc etc can make jokes about white people then theres no reason the shoe cant fit on the other foot. Save that BS 400 years ago sob story. The irish been there done that.

Not to mention my kids will be mixed because I love black women, all Ive dated since I was 14 and aint going back.
    Last edited by Lozgod; 11-08-2008 at 11:23 PM.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod View Post
    Have you ever been a slave? We probably have the same amount of experience being slaves which would be none.

Did you know the first people refered to as the N word were Irish not black. Also Irish people were endentured servents for 7 years before becoming Americans. So I do have slave experience in my ancestry and experience being refered as the N word in my ancestry as well.

On a personal level, mono e mono, I grew up in a lower middle class neighborhood, went to inner-city high school, had the city police pick up me and my friends, beat us up and drop us off in the black part of the city hoping we'd get ****ed up.

I been to prison, been on food stamps as a kid, had my dad laid off. I could go on. So historically my people been called the N word and been slaves. However what really matters, the now and recent past and not 400 years ago, Ive been through similar struggles that black people go through. You can be black and be president in America. You are equal now. It was 400 years ago and you werent there. Get over it or harp on it and never move foward. Good thing Obama got over it.

So if Eddie Murphy, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc etc can make jokes about white people then theres no reason the shoe cant fit on the other foot. Save that BS 400 years ago sob story. The irish been there done that.

Not to mention my kids will be mixed because I love black women, all Ive dated since I was 14 and aint going back.
    that has to be one of the most assinine post I've ever read! 1st of all the notion that the N-word was first used on Irish is ridiculous. If you did some research, the n-word was derived from the spanish word negro which means black and was used to describe people of sub-saharan africa. The N-word was a derogatory term used to describe the ignorance sub saharan africa had of western norms. This started in the early 1400s.

Second, stop comparing indentured servitude to slavery. the differences between the two are profound (the most important being the ability to obtain, not to mention indentured servants were never considered property).

Third, slavery didn't end 400yrs ago. It ended 140yrs ago, but Jim Crow didn't end until 40yrs ago.

Remember, the irsh were easily assimilated into the US because of the color of their skin. Many changed their names and loss their accents to fit in. Whether or not I changed my name and/or loss my accent (if I had one), I would still be black.

Lastly, just because you are married to a black woman doesn't make you an expert on blacks.

Thread Information