• No

27 35.53%
  • Don't know

14 18.42%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is there a God?

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    OK i'm not sure what to believe in this matter.

But what i do know is i'm very thank you for Boobies like these.

If god created them great. If it was a mishap of nature who cares.

No matter how you look at them they look great.

Tambit24 is offline Member
    amen to them ^^^

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    .... now that is what i'm talking about.

If i had the chance to do that one i would not care if she believed in god or not....lol

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    I don't personally think there is a God, but who am i to say.

Whet ever helps you become a better person in life is what you should believe in.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    The truth is what you want it to be.

Whose to say whose right and wrong?

As for me....no, I don't believe. I try to be as open minded as possible, and the idea of this one true god just doesn't add up for me.

Man created religion....

"There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies? "
    -RD

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    I believe in a higher being, not God, I don't believe in the bible. I believe in science. But I am a spiritual person.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I do believe in god. It is all math. I always take 2 out 3 odds in my favor.

If there is a god and I believe, I win.

If there isn't a god and I don't believe, I still win.

If there is a god and I don't believe, I lose.

2 to 3 odds. You have to take them.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    There has to be something for sure, life has a meaning and a sense to it.

Everyone has a purpose here good or bad, i do beleive you draw your own destiny but there is a higher power and its not vince McMahon.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Can you all ask your God(s) to fix women, please? There seems to be a few kinks left.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    No god

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post

If there isn't a god and you do believe, you lose.

I think that people have a need to believe and put their faith into something, humans have weak souls and are constantly searching for some support and security in one way or another, and organized religion gives them that. I'm not saying it's wrong, because for the longest time I was in church 3 times a week, but I had questions and no one was willing to answer them or even had an answer, I was told that I shouldn't question my faith in God, therefore...I lost my faith all together.

I think people can believe that God does things to them or for them, or if they pray things will happen...I instead think that people should find that kind of faith within themselves and believe in themselves. The fact is that there are so many different religions, and who's to say that their God is the right God?

I believe in hard cold science, I need evidence, I have a hard time putting faith in something I can't see. Things happen for a reason, and I don't know what that reason is but I don't think it's because of a book full of stories...I mean after all if you go by the bible....where did the dinosaurs come into play because I think it missed that part.

No matter what, if peoples faith in their religion helps them get through the day, then so be it. I'd rather put faith into myself and believing that I have control over myself and my life, I think that will make me a stronger and more successful person in the long run.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    how so, if their isn't a god then it doesn't matter what he believes, what isn't there can't judge him

It's hard for me to see how people believe in religion when most of the pastors who's churches I've known of are hypocrites. They either cheat on their wives, are drunks, steal money from the congregation or molest children...it's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsMeow View Post
    It's hard for me to see how people believe in religion when most of the pastors who's churches I've known of are hypocrites. They either cheat on their wives, are drunks, steal money from the congregation or molest children...it's disgusting.
    you and i seem to see eye to eye on this point, i used to go to church religiously(interesting terminology since my sentence actually condemns religion, lol) but i stopped because i got tired of people preaching morals to me that had none, or someone saying i should treat people as i would want to be treated, then turning around and gossiping about whos fvcking who

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    not really, because then there would be no point to life, so you would have nothing to worry about.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood so that none of it's lies can affect me.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    ^^^LOL ^^^

I can emphatically say that there is no god! I checked under the couch and everything and he / she was nowhere to be found.

Here’s the facts:

There is No god.
    Religion is dope for the masses.
    Don’t need faith to be strong.
    My life has meaning because I said so… I don’t need a sky daddy to gain meaning out of things.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    YES-i believe there is a god....I also believe...contrary to popular belief...science and religion are one...
    WRONG!
    Religion = faith based (Information Never can be changed)

Science = Empirical inquisition (Information Changes all the time based on new evidence)

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Quote Originally Posted by G-1000 View Post

Amen. Love the boobies.

In reading this thread I realize that many of you don’t understand the process of natural selection and time. I would encourage more people to research the concept of natural selection and how it plays the most vital role in the formation of who we are as humans and how the world is formed and the interaction between them.

I think if more people understood this there would be less irrational thought process as to the functioning of the world. I don’t think that people of faith are flawed or people of bad character but just misinformed or generally ignorant of understanding the processes of the world/ universe. For many people it is not their fault but they were brought up with that as a social norm / culture which is a major influence on what we believe. It is hard to break out of the box.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    how so, if their isn't a god then it doesn't matter what he believes, what isn't there can't judge him
    Well in my eyes having to follow all the Christian beliefs/practices is a punishment in itself

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I am a devout Agnostic "An agnostic thinks it impossible to know the truth in matters such as God and the future life with which Christianity and other religions are concerned. Or, if not impossible, at least impossible at the present time" In other words "Show me the money" !!!

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    I look at it this way.. How religion started in 2 ways....

When we still lived in caves and hunted and gathered the importants in the tribe of being young, fit and strong was paramount,, as one member aged his use diminished he risked being cast out, however what he could give was experience, knowledge of the seasons, where the animals would be a certain times etc etc, he became over time the wise man, the one you went to for advice and soon he was asked about other things, stars, the heavens etc. In order to maintain his position and remain of use he would make up stories of powerful beings controlling events that he could not explain, hence over time these beings became gods of water, fire, storms etc and one form of religion was created over a long time and passed down from person to person getting bigger and bigger (just look at the tests on people in a line, you whisper something to the first and they do the same and so on, at the end of the line of people the story has changed quite a bit)

The other way is very human and simple. As our inteligence grew we needed to feel special, better, smarter than everything around us, we killed anything we wanted too, we were better......... To further that we simple needed to start to believe that we are not the same as everything else, we are special, different and that when we die (like everything else) there is something special there for us because we are so special.
    What better then HEY there is a god and we special things get to go somewhere special. It was created by man and over years changed and modified to be used in creating fear and control (The Fear of GOD) so often used in the controlling parties through out the last centry. That has again been modified in modern times but the rules are still there, do this or do that and you go to a place called hell to burn forever blah blah blah, you get the point i hope.

IMO God is nothing more than a creation of man and has all the trait's of it. If it gives comfort to the terminally ill fine, but religion is one of the biggest con's created and was created to explain what our intelligent minds could not solve, it was then used to control, justify and demean our behavour. The various churches got very rich from it too.

I just wanted to try and explain how i see the subject

Oh,,,,, just to add for those that state the origins of the world thing, simple, as people in the past did not have the knowledge of what those bright things are in the sky at night or how the earth was round, so too we have not developed the knowledge of how everything was started yet,, it's just time

I still think i'm right......lol

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by G-1000 View Post

If there is a God he is living between those awesome titties !!!!

Well in my eyes having to follow all the Christian beliefs/practices is a punishment in itself
    point taken, lol

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not one to question others beliefs because who am I to do so? I think this is where religion has been wrong all throughout history. Since very early in human history, the church has run things. They ruled over lands and people, started wars, and murdered. I can understand then, how many people have lost faith in the whole religious system. I don't regularly go to church, but I believe there are lessons to be learned from the bible. They are to be taken with a grain of salt, however, because they were written by man.

Why can't God be the answer to science? How are we to know God didn't start the Big Bang? And the bible says God created earth in 7 days. What are days to him? A day to him could be millions of years to us. He did make animals (maybe dinosaurs) before humans. There are millions of things that have happened that aren't in the bible. It was written by man and revised by man. We all know that we aren't always the most trustworthy and honest all the time.

Bottom line is I don't have the right to question anyone. Believe what you will, its your choice. I believe that God must have created life. Have you ever seen a newborn baby, a sunset, or the beauty of a woman you love? Can science explain how you feel at that moment? To me, God is love, and everything you can feel inside of you is because of him.

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    WWJD? guys

What Would Jackie Chan Do?

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member

Odpierdol_sie! is offline Senior Member
    I feel there is a higher entity.... like many others have stated here.

Ever think that we are just a pawns in a game?
    perhaps were a real life(as we know it) verison of second life created by aliens for their own entertainment?

I mean, how many of us have played a game like second life GTA etc and just killed innocent people just for the hell of it or atleast tried to, i know i have.

It would explain why people do random things and why people kill others while claiming to not be in control.... like how many murderers have cried while on the chair "i didnt mean it!" or "im sorry!"?

makes for some thinking i think....

Is there a God? nah....
    How religion and science can live in harmony? they can only live in harmony together if science decides to go easy on religion and doesnt make religion look stupid by proving there is no god.

So far science has been very restrained with religion.
    Like the ashamed parents, Instead of hiding the retarded twin in the attic and feeding him on buckets of fishheads they let it live a normal life with his normal twin and they tell the normal twin not to tell his retarted twin hes different from the rest of us.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I still win. 3 for 4 is better no?

another thing that I don't get, God supposedly loves everyone equally whether you are a 'sinner' or not, but if you dont ask for forgiveness, when you die he is going to send you to a fiery pit of toucher...wow, now thats love!

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CONsis10c View Post
    how is it not a scam the people that strongly believe are at the churches giving money and volunteering their time. and for what??? the truth.....
    because they choose to...

its their opinion and their belief....whats sad is how enthrawled YOU are in their beliefs...

Let them believe what they want...let them donate what they want...its not your choice what they choose to do...if they feel it is important to theirselves and their belief...then what is wrong with that....

Im sure a THANK GOD has slipped out of your mouth a time or two...

Blog Entries
    another thing that I don't get, God supposedly loves everyone equally whether you are a 'sinner' or not, but if you dont ask for forgiveness, when you die he is going to send you to a fiery pit of toucher...wow, now thats love!
    Ill still love you as a sinner !

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Want_Abs View Post
    My father is an Anglican priest and also has a teaching degree and taught science.....
    most...not all....as i said...i believe science and relegion are one...some people speak 2 languages

stpete is offline Banned
    All good points Kat. I agree.

It's hard for me to believe in something that no one has ever witnessed. I would love to believe, and i want to; just kind of hard to do so.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    There's an articulated philosophy named Determinism that makes a lot of sense to me. There's a well-written entry on it at the Catholic Enclycopedia:

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04756c.htm
    Determinism is a name employed by writers, especially since J. Stuart Mill, to denote the philosophical theory which holds -- in opposition to the doctrine of free will -- that all man's volitions are invariably determined by pre-existing circumstances. It may take diverse forms, some cruder, some more refined. Biological and materialistic Determinism maintains that each of our voluntary acts finds its sufficient and complete cause in the physiological conditions of the organism.

The main objection for Determinism is succinctly summed up thusly:

The notions of responsibility, moral obligation, merit, and the like, as ordinarily understood, would be illusory if Determinism were true. The theory is in fact fatal to ethics, as well as to the notion of sin and the fundamental Christianbelief that we can merit both reward and punishment.
    Last edited by Tock; 11-26-2008 at 10:52 PM. Reason: I'm always editing something for some reason . . .

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post

But which god should a cautious gambler choose to beleive in? Various gods are alleged to exist, some are more vengeful than the Bible god, some are not. Seems to me that if one wanted to avoid the worst possible punishment after death, he should allign himself with the one threatening the worst outcome for skeptics. By that logic, beleif in the Bible's god would be irrational.

Nevertheless, Fallen's post summarizes a famous bit of theology originated by French genius Blaise Pascal, and is popularly known as "Pascal's Wager," more of which can be found at http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...ism/wager.html
    Last edited by Tock; 11-26-2008 at 10:59 PM.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Is there a God? It can be debated forever, since no one actually knows the answer to this question.

It's like an endless battle... yes, no. Black - White. P n P. Yin Yang. Life is hectic, just accept it.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Religion is filled with a bunch of ideas, and serve as a clutch for those with lost morals and lack of intuition. Life of a crimey. If it helps you, thas coo... and jus don't preach it to me like I = you. Everyone's mind if F'd up, regardless. We all are alive and pretty much want to stay that way. No one wants to make wakes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information