Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Who is God??
    You called ?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    You called ?

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    You called ?
    God how do i cut and paste photos, pictures??

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by dehydromethandrotren View Post
    I don't know but it wasn't God.
    and your quantitative proof of that is...???

It is better to live as if there is a GOD and die to find out you were wrong, then to live as if there was NO GOD. And to also find out you were wrong !!!

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOS View Post

It is better to live as if there is a GOD and die to find out you were wrong, then to live as if there was NO GOD. And to also find out you were wrong !!!
    and why in hell would you think that? live your life like you think it should be lived....you shouldn't live in fear of possible retribution of some phantom in the sky.....it's the most ridiculous thing i can fathom really

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    we didn't evolve until many millions of years after the universe was formed.....by the big bang, so in the event that something spurred our evolution, these "gods" as people called them were undoubtedly extra terrestrials from an advanced civilization elsewhere in the galaxy or universe and we are their little science experiment. And the advanced civilization evolved, it was probably just somewhere within the universe where conditions allowed evolution to start much earlier and proceed at a higher rate.
    and again I ask, where did they come from?? What is the ultimate beginning. Can we even comprehend this?
    Big bang or whatever , what was before all that and what was there even before that? What was the beginning of the beginning and where did that beginning begin and so on to infinity

and again I ask, where did they come from?? What is the ultimate beginning. Can we even comprehend this?
    Big bang or whatever , what was before all that and what was there even before that? What was the beginning of the beginning and where did that beginning begin and so on to infinity
    it's pretty simple.....the universe expands to a certain point and then begins to collapse....it collapses to the point of extreme compression and then a big bang happens....it simply occurs over and over again.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I just want you to consider the idea that many people walk by FAITH. no convincing is needed, if they believe that is all they need. I'm never ever going to take a side or try to "prove" a case, but remember that some people need the idea that there is a reason, and a better place. And if they choose to believe that, then I see no reason to bother them.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    This is one question that the atheists cannot answer. Something cannot come from nothing, according to science.

it's pretty simple.....the universe expands to a certain point and then begins to collapse....it collapses to the point of extreme compression and then a big bang happens....it simply occurs over and over again.
    Where did the universe come from?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    This is one question that the atheists cannot answer. Something cannot come from nothing, according to science.

Where did the universe come from?
    you're kidding me right? you fruitloops believe your god made the whole ****sing universe????? WOW....all i have to say is WOW

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    buff said cycle.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    I just want you to consider the idea that many people walk by FAITH. no convincing is needed, if they believe that is all they need. I'm never ever going to take a side or try to "prove" a case, but remember that some people need the idea that there is a reason, and a better place. And if they choose to believe that, then I see no reason to bother them.
    I think faith is just a fallacy......I don't see how any thinking being can just believe in something just because.....that's ludicrous, if it doesn't make sense logically then it's most likely false

ok, but again, how did this cycle start?? Where did the materials come from to begin this "big bang" cycle of yours. I'm not saying it's not true, just tell me where it all began?? And what was there before it all began??

If there is no GOD, then science should be able to answer this.

And even if there WAS/IS a GOD, where did HE/SHE come from and what was before HIM/HER???
    Last edited by T-MOS; 02-05-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    God how do i cut and paste photos, pictures??
    Ask my b/f DSM (said in god voice)

I think faith is just a fallacy......I don't see how any thinking being can just believe in something just because.....that's ludicrous, if it doesn't make sense logically then it's most likely false
    many people feel that way, and i myself love proving/disproving. you are deeply into physics and astro-stuff, so i see this being extremely hard for you to consider. but that is simply the truth, that people are devout to a belief, and i myself wish i could follow something, anything with the passion that many people do with their religious beliefs.

ok, but again, how did this cycle start?? Where did the materials come from to begin this "big bang" cycle of yours. I'm not saying it's not true, just tell me where it all began?? And what was there before it all began??

If there is no GOD, then science should be able to answer this.
    the big bang doesn't explain the initial condition....which you obviously know since you're questioning. There is no way that i'm aware of for us to derive such an explanation given that the event happened billions upon billions of years ago. Aside from time travel you will never know....and i'd venture if you time traveled back that far there would be environmental factors once you got there that would make it difficult if not impossible to return

Quote Originally Posted by dsm4life View Post
    ask my b/f dsm (said in god voice)
    lolol

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    many people feel that way, and i myself love proving/disproving. you are deeply into physics and astro-stuff, so i see this being extremely hard for you to consider. but that is simply the truth, that people are devout to a belief, and i myself wish i could follow something, anything with the passion that many people do with their religious beliefs.
    i follow something with much more passion.....bodybuilding

i follow something with much more passion.....bodybuilding
    haha i love that. and thats awesome my man. i think it is definitely one of the most (if not the most) fulltime lifestyle choices out there.

I think faith is just a fallacy......I don't see how any thinking being can just believe in something just because.....
    So do you believe that if you cannot prove something exists, then it must not exist? This is flawed logic. Did North and South America not exist before we discovered it? Did Pluto not exist before we proved it did through telescopes? Does a thing come into being simply after one has proved it exists? If Columbus believed that North America existed, and he put his faith in that belief, would you laugh at him? Well, he did eventually land in North America. (I know that he had intended to go to India; I'm just giving a hypothetical.) In the same way, we put our faith in the belief in God (just as Columbus might put his faith in the belief that the world is round)...

We theists believe that the reality of God will become apparent at a future time just like Pluto did not become apparent until a certain time. Would you think that before man had telescopes that it would have been justified for some people to laugh at others for believing in the existence of Pluto?

that's ludicrous, if it doesn't make sense logically then it's most likely false
    What doesn't make sense about believing in God? In fact, I think it makes quite a bit of sense, considering that it is you who cannot properly explain what was the origin of the universe. If you say gasses came together in the Big Bang, then where did those gasses come from? If you say those gasses came from atoms or whatever, then I'd ask where did those atoms come from? If you said they came from neutrons and protons, I'd ask where did those come from? You couldn't actually explain this, so the belief of God is one possible explanation. One possible explanation is just as good--if not better--than no possible explanation at all.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 02-05-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Peace be unto you.

I just wanted to add something to my last post. At most, atheists can say that we have failed to reject the null hypothesis. They cannot, however, claim that we have proven the null hypothesis or that they have proven the alternate hypothesis to be rejected.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 02-05-2009 at 08:04 PM.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I haven't seen any conclusive evidence to disprove or prove god. I believe the answer is not knowable.

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member
    IBTL! To the OP

Grab a refreshment, a comfy chair and read this:

http://www.kent-hovind.com/theory.htm

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    I haven't seen any conclusive evidence to disprove or prove god. I believe the answer is not knowable.
    If it were, faith wouldn't be required.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post

AG
    i like that.

AG
    Exactly. That's why when our souls are resurrected and all of the Unseen will be seen, it will be too late for someone to declare himself a believer. It will not be counted as faith.

As Jesus is quoted in the Bible: "Blessed art those who have not seen and yet believed." (John, forgot which verse number)
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 02-05-2009 at 08:37 PM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Why?

Please try to convince me because I am very anti religious but, I want to see if someone can convince me otherwise.....

In my opinion it is the most successful form of mind control ever created and is basically an invisible product. An illogical and irrational way of comforting those who fear death.

Speaking in "tongues" wtf is that?

My GF wants my children to go to church but I feel that we should wait til they are old enough to make that decision for themselves, not force it upon them at such an impressionable age.

lets discuss.......
    I was raised catholic. I "say" that I am catholic so I dont upset my grandma and other family members. My parents know, but my grandma probably couldnt handle that and I am just looking out for her.

I believe in God but I am not catholic. I actually do believe in Christ and God, but I cant fathom how people could be part of an organized religion at this point in time.

Faith is a funny thing isn't it. Why does ones faith usually match their parents?

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    Faith is a funny thing isn't it. Why does ones faith usually match their parents?
    Good question...Our values reflect those we respect or were influenced by...???

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Good question...Our values reflect those we respect or were influenced by...???

AG
    I don't see how one's faith and values are linked......My values are just as good if not better than any christians and i've never set foot in s church in my life or been brainwashed into believing in a phantom deity.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?

End of thread.

Take your religious hocus pocus elsewhere.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Why?

Please try to convince me because I am very anti religious but, I want to see if someone can convince me otherwise....
    I'm Christian...and I wouldn't waste my time.

I really don't see the point of this thread, 'cept to piss on Christianity.

So... imma just mozy back on to the diet forum.

All the best.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Narkissos* View Post
    I'm Christian...and I wouldn't waste my time.

I really don't see the point of this thread, 'cept to piss on Christianity.

So... imma just mozy back on to the diet forum.

All the best.
    Your a good man Nark

Blog Entries
    There is nothing wrong with having faith and being religious, especially if it helps you in whatever ways.

What is wrong is when people start confusing it with science.

I don't see how one's faith and values are linked......My values are just as good if not better than any christians and i've never set foot in s church in my life or been brainwashed into believing in a phantom deity.
    Hmm, the subject of the conversation was why did our faith usually reflect our parents. I made no statement regarding your values. If you have good values then I would venture your parents did. Just a hypothesis....and for some their faith helps form their values...

AG
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-05-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    There is nothing wrong with having faith and being religious, especially if it helps you in whatever ways.

What is wrong is when people start confusing it with science.
    Truth.

I actually respect people that have conviction in their faith.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    My question is who made GOD?

Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    Now THAT is a thinker! LOL, check on that and let me know what you find out.

AG

Blog Entries
    Cavemen

well since i'm god....i guess my parents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information