Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BuilderLife101 is offline New Member
    Immortal Soldier, was there a prosecutor in your case?

I did some research and in florida, 30mph over the posted speed is still an infraction but it requires court appearance. It's a new law. It's not a criminal offense so I don't think there'll be a prosecutor.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuilderLife101 View Post
    Immortal Soldier, was there a prosecutor in your case?

I did some research and in florida, 30mph over the posted speed is still an infraction but it requires court appearance. It's a new law. It's not a criminal offense so I don't think there'll be a prosecutor.
    No, there is not a prosecutor.

Judge pulls it up asks why you were going so fast than makes a decision. The cop shows up if you decide to contest the ticket rather than plead no contest.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    I live in Florida and this will be my first ticket (amazing considering the amount of speeding I do), I got pulled over by a state trooper when I was on a road in the outskirts of my city.

So now I have to go to court because they consider it reckless driving, (I knew i should have slowed down by 10mph).

So I was wondering will I get my license taken away? And how much will the ticket/court cost me (rough estimate)?

This ****ing blows because I just f'd my insurance up...
    Dude...you'll be fine. I live in FL too and I'm amazed that I'm still allowed to drive. I promise you won't lose your license. Since it's your first ticket they'll probably slap you with some court costs and traffic school. It shouldn't be any more than $400 at the end of it. If you need heavy re-assurance I'll PM you my name so you can look up my driving record.

I've got 4+ pages of tickets and they've never taken my license away. Suspended yes, revoked no. You'll be fine.

BuilderLife101 is offline New Member
    Hey I really appreaciate you took the time to reply man. Thanks a lot.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAP View Post
    Insurance is what is going to get you . No joke its a lot of points and I dont think they can drop these points.
    It all depends on the state/prosecutor. I pulled something similar to this when I first got my license.. I think I was like 25MPH over. In New Jersey, you can pretty much buy the points off..It's like $100 per point. My ticket was like 5 points so I had to pay $500 PLUS the court fees and bullshit. It came like close to $700. However, It was erased from the record and the insurance was clueless about it. $700 is alot of dough to dish out in one shot but if you don't, you're delaying the inevitable. You are not going to lose your license or get jail time. Just try to buy your way out of it, helping you out in the long run anyways.

doctorb325 is offline Junior Member
    speaking of suspended license, mine was suspended for failure to pay a ticket, and i just got it back today. Yipeeee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information