Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    C-MaN is offline Senior Member
    im down in Texas. One of the last real states that trys to abide by the constitution!

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carter2186 View Post
    glocks are a little over rated in my opinion and for the most part are out of my price range.
    Not after you have had other guns that misfire due to not being 100% clean, dirty ammo or ???

The glock you can throw it down in the dirt, leave it for a week, never clean it and it will shoot as straight and true as new. I love my Glock 19 and 23.

The 17,19,26 or 34 ? Anyone a fan of Rugers?
    Ruger? NO, I'm glad I got rid of the POS. That was one of my guns that would jam once in a while. Once is to much.

Ya having a jam is never a good thing. Especially if it happens when you need it the most. Im going tomorrow to purchase my new gun so we will just see which feels better. The M&P or the Glock.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    bond arms

here is one with a holster..

http://www.pocketholsters.com/Bond_A...et_holste.html
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

those are pretty sick

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Glock will always be the top of the pile! Baretta's have always had a decent name for a decent price

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I have more then a few handguns and assult rifles and i belive there isnt a better pistol maker out there then H & K and Kimber. this is the perfect carrying pistol
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mho View Post
    Cor-Bon pow'r ball is the ammo you're looking for. http://gunblast.com/PowRBall.htm

Even though I think Glocks are over rated, I'd go with it over the M&P. Personally I prefer da/sa for carry over striker fire.
    A Glock is a striker fired gun. Why would you choose DA/SA over striker fired? Doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    I have more then a few handguns and assult rifles and i belive there isnt a better pistol maker out there then H & K and Kimber. this is the perfect carrying pistol

I agree with you regarding the Kimber: (I love mine)

I'm a 1911 maniac. Here are a few of mine:

9mm:

This site will only let me post 5 photos or I would have posted a lot more...

Hmmm I like those Sexy guns.

Should I be a gun hatter?

1st wife died from 44 Magnum Desert Eagle.
    2nd wife Glock 19, 9mm
    3rd wife. Not sure yet. LOL Hopefully she will out live me since she is 18 years younger; once we get married that is.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks for all the help guys. Think Ive decided on the s&w M&P 9mm for now. And then down the road i will lay down some dough for a nice 1911!

Also thanks for the info on ammo dom6. This link is pretty informative. Figured id throw it up here for anyone interested.

http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_De..._FAQ/index.htm
    Dude... hold up I was going to totally request this handgun to you.. I OWN ONE .. plus 15 others.. Gun enthusiast... or psycho.. whichever you wanna label me. lol... not to mention probably 37 other LONG GUNS.... Anyways.. ENOUGH about my ridiculous collection... the S&W M&P is my FAVE carry piece but I didn't pic it up for less than 500... I got my SIGMA 9mm for less than 500.. actually only payed 350 for it... that's why i think you got the two confused... the M&P is an expensive pistol... If I remember correctly i think I paid 589.00 for it but I could have it confused with something else.. I probably do...

Yah I just researched with my online GUN STORE.. and the cheapest I found the M&P was the 17rd for 535... the rest of them one was like 799.00 (with crimson trace laser grip **kickass gun!!**) another was like 589.00 (.45) 559.00(.40)

And those prices were all with my VIP discount delivered to my FFL.. so if you store bought it brand new, it had to have been out of ur price range of 500 bucks.. you sure you didn't mean the S&W Sigma 9mm???

Because if you just picked up a BRAND NEW M&P FOR LESS THAN 500... PM me where you got it from because I will be going there to make purchases... that is a hell of a deal if you did !!!

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Hmmm I like those Sexy guns.

Should I be a gun hatter?

1st wife died from 44 Magnum Desert Eagle.
    2nd wife Glock 19, 9mm
    3rd wife. Not sure yet. LOL Hopefully she will out live me since she is 18 years younger; once we get married that is.

UMMM maybe she shouldn't marry you considering that your 2 previous wifes died from firearms.. you may not carry the best luck my friend.. unless u were the one behind the trigger and if that be the case... well then.. HOPEFULLY YOU CAUGHT THEM CHEATING !!

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    Dude... hold up I was going to totally request this handgun to you.. I OWN ONE .. plus 15 others.. Gun enthusiast... or psycho.. whichever you wanna label me. lol... not to mention probably 37 other LONG GUNS.... Anyways.. ENOUGH about my ridiculous collection... the S&W M&P is my FAVE carry piece but I didn't pic it up for less than 500... I got my SIGMA 9mm for less than 500.. actually only payed 350 for it... that's why i think you got the two confused... the M&P is an expensive pistol... If I remember correctly i think I paid 589.00 for it but I could have it confused with something else.. I probably do...

Yah I just researched with my online GUN STORE.. and the cheapest I found the M&P was the 17rd for 535... the rest of them one was like 799.00 (with crimson trace laser grip **kickass gun!!**) another was like 589.00 (.45) 559.00(.40)

And those prices were all with my VIP discount delivered to my FFL.. so if you store bought it brand new, it had to have been out of ur price range of 500 bucks.. you sure you didn't mean the S&W Sigma 9mm???

Because if you just picked up a BRAND NEW M&P FOR LESS THAN 500... PM me where you got it from because I will be going there to make purchases... that is a hell of a deal if you did !!!
    DO NOT BUY A SIGMA!!! THEY SUCK!!!! You can find M&P's new under $500. The only one I paid more for was the M&P Pro. A full size 9mm can be had new for under $500 or $500 max.

DON'T BUY A SIGMA!!!! I REPEAT DON'T BUY A SIGMA...

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    UMMM maybe she shouldn't marry you considering that your 2 previous wifes died from firearms.. you may not carry the best luck my friend.. unless u were the one behind the trigger and if that be the case... well then.. HOPEFULLY YOU CAUGHT THEM CHEATING !!
    What do you mean? My luck is fine, I'm still alive.

Dont worry bro my ex room mate had a sigma and it shot like a clunker. Just to let all of you who helped me out know I just got back from the store with my new smith and wesson M&P 9mm and i love it. Ive already field stripped it and cant wait to fire it tomorrow!

Thanks again for all the help.

Dont worry bro my ex room mate had a sigma and it shot like a clunker. Just to let all of you who helped me out know I just got back from the store with my new smith and wesson M&P 9mm and i love it. Ive already field stripped it and cant wait to fire it tomorrow!

Thanks again for all the help.

Congrats Bro and great choice. I'm glad I was able to help. You're lucky too cause you live in a free state so you can have high cap mags. I live in a communist state and the govern. thinks I'm only responsible to carry 10 rounds...

Move to Texas bud! I was born and raised here and never want to permanently live anywhere else for the rest of my life. I already know the next pistol im going to buy. S&W 1911 here i come.

DOM6 is offline Member
    Did you know with the glock 23 40cal. you can convert it into a 9mm or a 357 but just buying a barrel from lonewolf and some mags, so 3 calibers in 1 gun

Quote Originally Posted by DOM6 View Post
    Did you know with the glock 23 40cal. you can convert it into a 9mm or a 357 but just buying a barrel from lonewolf and some mags, so 3 calibers in 1 gun
    That's my gun

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    there are a few more but the basic.. i'm not really a collector by any means. just mostly got thro friends and deals

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Buying a new handgun-photo_0024.jpg  
    Last edited by quarry206; 08-04-2009 at 12:53 AM.

mho
    mho is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33 View Post
    A Glock is a striker fired gun. Why would you choose DA/SA over striker fired? Doesn't make sense.
    I know that. With da/sa you have another chance in the case of a weak primer strike.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    What are yalls thoughts on:

Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP

Sig p229

Springfield Sub-Compact XD

Thunder 5

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    What are yalls thoughts on:

Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP

Sig p229

Springfield Sub-Compact XD

Thunder 5
    The Kimber is a great choice if you're comfortable carrying a 1911. Some people are nervous about the cocked hammer. However, it has the thumb safety and a grip safety and both need to be disengaged before the gun can fire. The Springfield XD compact is a decent gun. The new XD-M is supposed to be much better. However, I don't think the M version is avail. as a subcompact.

I'm not sure what a Thunder 5 is? Is it the Thunder Ranch 1911? If so I haven't shot one. The STI Guardian is a great little subcompact as well.

The Sig P229 isn't the best choice. As I mentioned earlier they are reliable guns but the ergonomics aren't great for shooting skills.

gigabitbucket is offline Associate Member

NRA lifer

Under 500.00 that will make it hard, I like my Walther P99, 40 cal.
    very light, easy to "holster" carry. Maybe go to a .32 to carry in your "pocket".

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    The Kimber is a great choice if you're comfortable carrying a 1911. Some people are nervous about the cocked hammer. However, it has the thumb safety and a grip safety and both need to be disengaged before the gun can fire. The Springfield XD compact is a decent gun. The new XD-M is supposed to be much better. However, I don't think the M version is avail. as a subcompact.

I'm not sure what a Thunder 5 is? Is it the Thunder Ranch 1911? If so I haven't shot one. The STI Guardian is a great little subcompact as well.

The Sig P229 isn't the best choice. As I mentioned earlier they are reliable guns but the ergonomics aren't great for shooting skills.
    Yeah, I like that Kimber. And all I hear are great things about Kimber in general.

Here is the Thunder 5

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315.../1600/1614.htm

Quote Originally Posted by xlxBigSexyxlx View Post
    Yeah, I like that Kimber. And all I hear are great things about Kimber in general.

Here is the Thunder 5

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315.../1600/1614.htm
    You don't want that Thunder 5. The shot shell ammo in a handgun isn't very effective at all. If you're going to get a revolver get an S&W they make the best. They have the Airweight revolvers which are easy to conceal but suck to shoot. You can move up to a larger gun like the 625 which is a full size .45that you need moon clips for. This is the top dog in the competition world or you can get a 627 which is an 8 shot .38 special/.357 magnum. Both are great guns but not too easy to conceal.

fitluv09 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_fighter View Post
    I live in the country, cops would not be there in time to do shit.

Its my right.

I live in a high meth area and even tho my small town is relatively safe it still has tweakers, you never know where a cook lab is, who is dealing, etc

During school I work late hours and during the early year I ride my bike and dont want to get mugged etc.

At my job I carry large amounts of cash on me at times.

Lastly if it comes between my life, my fiances, family etc, I would choose there life over an attackers in a nano second.
    nice! i can't wait to get a gun.

Just figured Id let yall know i went to the range today and i am in loveeeee with my new gun. I recommend the smith and wesson M&P 9mm to anyone who is looking for a nice handgun that is very accurate and sexy lol.
    Last edited by C-MaN; 08-04-2009 at 04:04 PM.

Just figured Id let yall know i went to the range today and i am in loveeeee with my new gun. I recommend the smith and wesson M&P 9mm to anyone who is looking for a nice handgun that is very accurate and sexy lol.

You do know that you can swap out the backstrap on the grips right? That will allow you to get the gun to fit your hand almost perfectly.

If you're ever looking to make it even better check out www.burwellgunsmithing.com. I had him do one of my M&P's over and it's oh so sweet!!! He does a sick trigger job and his sights are great as well. My brother had him do the shark stippling on his gun and it's sweet. I didn't do it because I wouldn't be able to use the gun in production division with the stippling job.

Does your gun have the mag safety disconnect?

Thanks for the link bro. Im definitely sending my gun in for the trigger and grips! No

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Why are you guy's wasting your money???

I have discovered one of the best ways to kill someone breaking into your house is to suffocate them.

The best thing ive found to suffocate someone is a pillow.

So i went out and bought a pillow to put under my other pillow to suffocate any intruders...

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    and it will be quiet, no loud noises,huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Why are you guy's wasting your money???

I have discovered one of the best ways to kill someone breaking into your house is to suffocate them.

The best thing ive found to suffocate someone is a pillow.

So i went out and bought a pillow to put under my other pillow to suffocate any intruders...
    Good luck with that... You protect yourself with a pillow and I'll use a gun.

pistol, whats the brazos custom?

DOM6 is offline Member
    You do know that you can swap out the backstrap on the grips right? That will allow you to get the gun to fit your hand almost perfectly.

If you're ever looking to make it even better check out www.burwellgunsmithing.com. I had him do one of my M&P's over and it's oh so sweet!!! He does a sick trigger job and his sights are great as well. My brother had him do the shark stippling on his gun and it's sweet. I didn't do it because I wouldn't be able to use the gun in production division with the stippling job.

Does your gun have the mag safety disconnect?
    Are you still getting your concealed lic?
    And are you planning to carry that full size M&P? i carry a Kel-tec 380 P3AT & keep my G26 in my van
    Its a junker but it goes bang everytime, its small as fuk you cant even see it in my pocket, good carry piece

Quote Originally Posted by ni4ni View Post
    pistol, whats the brazos custom?
    Brazos Custom is a custom gunsmith that specializes in competiton guns. They are built on an STI frame. it's a double stack 1911 with all the bells and whistles. I have 4 of his guns and they are ultra reliable. The top one is one of my open guns and is my primary gun. it's a wide body 1911 in .38 super with a C-More red dot optic, full compensator and all the goodies. It's a $5000 gun. The other one is my limited gun and it's similar except it doesn't have a comp and has iron sights.

Quote Originally Posted by DOM6 View Post
    Are you still getting your concealed lic?
    And are you planning to carry that full size M&P? i carry a Kel-tec 380 P3AT & keep my G26 in my van
    Its a junker but it goes bang everytime, its small as fuk you cant even see it in my pocket, good carry piece

I hear ya about the KelTec. I have a Ruger LCP .380 as well and it's a great little carry piece. It's basically the same gun as the KelTec. It sucks ass to shoot but it conceals in ANYTHING...

from the looks of it the Brazos is looking GOOD
    very nice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information