Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FranciscoG is offline Anabolic Member

Pic of the great AAS guru William Llewellyn

Is it just me or does anyone else see this pic and think the word guru is over reaching?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    He is a research scientist, author, publisher, inventor, columnist, and company CEO in the field of sports nutrition and anabolic substances, he also as fifteen years of anabolic research under his belt.

Llewellyn has made several important scientific discoveries. His latest discovery of arachidonic acid has been patented for its anabolic properties and its "use as a method of increasing skeletal muscle mass." I dont think he as time to train.

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    you dont need to be jacked out of your mind to be a a scientist/researcher about AAS

DKU
    DKU is offline Associate Member
    I doubt most scientists take the drugs they study.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmDoc-Cyrus View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else see this pic and think the word guru is over reaching?
    Do professional football coaches need to be in good enough condition to get on the field and play a game? Of course not.

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DKU View Post
    I doubt most scientists take the drugs they study.
    Maybe they know something that we don't..... lol

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKuntry1984 View Post
    Maybe they know something that we don't..... lol
    You have no idea how hard it is to take any chemicals from a research lab. I've worked in many research labs around my university and each item and each gram has to be accounted for. Records for everthing. If they could i bet they would. Not saying i would take anything, i get more use out of having it in the lab where i can study it better.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    RIP william, he gave alot to us

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    RIP william, he gave alot to us
    hes dead?

nah just messing around

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    nah just messing around
    LOL isn't that the 2nd or 3rd time you've done that to someone.....? Unless it was someone else.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    He will always be remembered

TheArtist is offline Member
    wtf? is he dead or not?
    btw. haz you're a beast if you that's you in your avy.

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OH REALLY View Post
    He will always be remembered
    lol, read some more

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    He is a research scientist, author, publisher, inventor, columnist, and company CEO in the field of sports nutrition and anabolic substances, he also as fifteen years of anabolic research under his belt. And, frankly he has the built of a little skinny bitch

Llewellyn has made several important scientific discoveries. His latest discovery of arachidonic acid has been patented for its anabolic properties and its "use as a method of increasing skeletal muscle mass." I dont think he as time to train. Oh come the fvck on Marcus, I work 3-4 12 hour shifts a week and frankly life isa bitch, he has no time to train is an excuse every skinny or fat ass uses
    For everyone that reads the little guy´s articles and crap drop me a line on what he uses so I can avoid the mistakes he makes.

Perhaps its just me, but if a person preaches about the homosexual lifestyle I expect them to be a homosexual. If a person preaches about chemical enhancement them I expect them to be chemically enhanced.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheArtist View Post
    wtf? is he dead or not?
    btw. haz you're a beast if you that's you in your avy.
    LOL thanks..... I don't think i'm that beastly but i'm certainly trying LOL

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    nah just messing around
    lol, fair enough.....

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    For everyone that reads the little guy´s articles and crap drop me a line on what he uses so I can avoid the mistakes he makes.

Perhaps its just me, but if a person preaches about the homosexual lifestyle I expect them to be a homosexual. If a person preaches about chemical enhancement them I expect them to be chemically enhanced.
    so if I preach to know know a lot about cars does that mean I should be a car?

I happen to know a lot about construction and have a very good ability at doing construction but I am not a construction worker.

Also if this guy were to study different chemicals such as insecticides, should he be using them on himself just because he knows a lot about them?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    People say he's a research scientist...what's his degree in?

He's more interested in making money off meat heads then muscle.
    I wish I was more ambitious, I'd do the same.

He is a research scientist, author, publisher, inventor, columnist, and company CEO in the field of sports nutrition and anabolic substances, he also as fifteen years of anabolic research under his belt.

Llewellyn has made several important scientific discoveries. His latest discovery of arachidonic acid has been patented for its anabolic properties and its "use as a method of increasing skeletal muscle mass." I dont think he as time to train.

well i agree with both your points......its always good to see people practising what they preach, but just because they dont doesnt mean they dont know what there talking about...
    Last edited by energizer bunny; 03-12-2010 at 02:18 PM.

The people who have the REAL steroid advice are the guys like Cutler and Coleman... but they ain't sharing.

I think unless someone can prove he has credentials...I'd assume he does have any of value.

Probably another snake oil salesmen who's managed to re-hash the same information that's been out there for years. Then uses said information to promote basically dirt (supplements) by offering some semi science relalated explanation that the average user will just understand enough of to think it makes sense. But isn't regulated so there doesn't have to be any connection between what it says it does and what it does.

I think you're right to hate on him. He doesn't look like he's worked out more then twice. I don't see PhD after his name, so what's he really doing with his time...making money off meat heads.

I dont think he user's gear and for him to be a writer and research scientist he doesnt need to, so what if he doesnt look like Culter or looks like he even trains!! stop sounding off a respectable writer you sound like your jealous kid, chill

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I know a lot about pokemon, but I don't look like one... weird.

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    nah just messing around
    That was so damn funny, I'm still laughing.....

I dont think he user's gear and for him to be a writer and research scientist he doesnt need to, so what if he doesnt look like Culter or looks like he even trains!! stop sounding off a respectable writer you sound like your jealous kid, chill

I agree with you 100% on the not needing to be big to know what he's talking about part...but, he's a research scientist of what with a degree in what?

Self publishing existing information, and professing yourself to be an expert may make you rich but doesn't make you a respectable writer.

he's had some shady dealings with UGL's and promotes his supplements
    http://www.zimbio.com/Anabolic+Stero...ntract+Gaspari

shady dude, but I'm sure he gets his dough like that

William Llewelyn: Yeah, unfortunately they don't have courses on this in college. I probably would have spent more time there if they did. In some regards this put me on a level playing field though, as I didn't miss out by not specializing in this area in school. It is a subject you have to really educate yourself on, which means spending a lot of time in a medical library. It does help to have a background in the sciences of course, although I admit I do not. I just try to make up for my lack of a formal background with a good amount of persistence.

Bodybuilding.com: So have you taken steroids yourself?

William Llewelyn: I guess I wouldn't be fooling anyone if I tried to convince you I never used them. Yes, of course
    Bodybuilding.com: Please tell us more about your background.

William Llewelyn: Well I was born and raised on Long Island, NY. As I mentioned I was interested in anabolics since I was a teenager, but for a very long time it remained just a hobby. I did a little writing here and there. I published a small newsletter, The Athletes' Pharmaceutical Update, for a while. In 1997 I built a website dedicated to steroid profiles and pictures. I was the first to build an extensive database like this, and to this day I still don't think any are as well done as that one was. Dan Duchaine actually wrote in an issue of his Dirty Dieting newsletter that it was his favorite steroid site on the net. It was wild. It wasn't until 1999, though, that I was able to work full-time in the industry, when I took a position at MassQuantities to manage their product line.

Bodybuilding.com: What did you do before working in the bodybuilding industry?

William Llewelyn: I worked with computers for a number of companies in Manhattan including People Magazine, Showtime, Simon & Schuster, even the good old accountants at Arthur Andersen.

Bodybuilding.com: How did you get involved with that?

William Llewelyn: Oh man, I was the biggest computer geek as a kid, you have no idea. My mother could never pry me away from the damn machine. I barely went out, and when I did it was usually to swap games over someone else's house. My friends still make fun of me about it. This all changed when I was about 16 though, and got arrested for "theft of services" (making free phone calls).

Bodybuilding.com: You were arrested at 16 for making free phone calls?

William Llewelyn: Yeah, Telecom (MCI now) got really upset at the way I was using one of their pin card systems. My lines were tapped and everything, it was too much. You have to remember that this was before the internet, and when we wanted to swap files we'd have to get on the modem and call one another. With all the long distance and international charges, "Phreaking" was an important skill. You would never be able to afford the phone bill otherwise.

Bodybuilding.com: What ultimately came out of this?

William Llewelyn: Well with a 16 year old kid whose crime was sitting in front of a computer and making phone calls, the judge was understandably pretty light on me. A small fine and community service was about it. With the arrest my phreaking days were over though, so I actually started to make it out into the sunlight from time to time. About a year later I was turned-on to weight lifting, and my life has taken a considerably different path since.

this would have been the time to brag about his education...umm, he's a computer geek with a degree in nothing relivent...did he even graduate? he doesn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I agree with you 100% on the not needing to be big to know what he's talking about part...but, he's a research scientist of what with a degree in what?

Self publishing existing information, and professing yourself to be an expert may make you rich but doesn't make you a respectable writer.

he's had some shady dealings with UGL's and promotes his supplements
    http://www.zimbio.com/Anabolic+Stero...ntract+Gaspari

shady dude, but I'm sure he gets his dough like that
    Oh I am sure he as done some dodgy dealings like us all i dont know his exact qualifications but he sure does know what he is talking about but I am sure it was in pharmacology, as far as steroid writers go I do like him, he talks alot of sense and of course they all promote their interests who wouldnt

If you like the way he presents the information, that's fine...but I'm just saying he's unlikely to be any of the things he claims to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    If you like the way he presents the information, that's fine...but I'm just saying he's unlikely to be any of the things he claims to be.
    Email him and find out ive seen his email addy somewhere, ive no idea what he claims or says except what I posted above which was taken from his site, i think he is a good writer and i dont see many other people in this field writing books with the indepth he does.

If you like his work read it, if you dont read someone else's its that simple but I find it hard to take when people slag him off and they havent even wrote one book/article but thats the internet for you.....big opinions with no foundation.

He does it for a living rather successfull so he must do something right. As far as writers go I liked Paul Borreson he was way ahead of his field, I use to ring him up and he lost me many times explaining stuff to me but he was very extreme!!

Guess all what people can do is read some of his books and make there own mind up.

^^ BY all means if a guy coached football I would expect him to at one to have hands one knowledge of the game. What I mean by that is he would have experience playing or have a background in the game not Ballet or oprah preformer.

I have also read his accounts that he expresses he cycles.

Perhaps this I find most interesting. Either he knows nothing about cycling, or he has no knowledge of diet, or he is a fraud.

If any member came to me with any questions I am always happy to help. I am not a writer, nor do I charge or offer any services for pay. He does.

I do expect people to actually do what they express they are.

So if you expressed you were a person that lifts but if you misrepresented that point; what should one think?

Frankly from his picture, and this is just my opinion, he looks like as if he had an illicit drug problem.

* he does have an email and a new blog under his name
    Last edited by FranciscoG; 03-12-2010 at 07:31 PM.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I don't believe anyone that has gone through a PhD program and wants to be a serious research scientist and get tenior at a respectable university is going to research anabolics for anything other than legitimate medical reasons.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 03-12-2010 at 07:48 PM.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    I love posting sexy women but I'm not a woman!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    But you are sexy!
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

jbm
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    But you are sexy!

Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    are you sure?

jbm
    are you sure?
    I don't know!!!! lolol.....

jbm

jbm

jbm