Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos;5468***
    Deads have added 2" to my penis.
    So, you're up to 3" now

Couldn't resist, Nark!

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Lmao!!! Damn, I knew it was an effective exercise, but who would have thought!

Great, just what a brotha needs, more penis size. Can a white boy get in on that? =P
    Wait... you're white?!

:P
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    So, you're up to 3" now

Couldn't resist, Nark!
    I know... you told me that on skype last night.

Lemme dig up the convo log:

Big D***7incher:
    Can't resist the chocolate NarkSter... I heard it's good for the heart.

Narkilicious205: WTF bro? Where'd the come from?

Big D***7incher: Man, was just thinking about your deadlift form. Hot cross buns there brother.

Narkilicious205: :|

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    Wait... you're white?!

:P
    He can pee sitting down, of course he is white !

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
    I know... you told me that on skype last night.

Lemme dig up the convo log:

Big D***7incher:
    Can't resist the chocolate NarkSter... I heard it's good for the heart.

Narkilicious205: WTF bro? Where'd the come from?

Big D***7incher: Man, was just thinking about your deadlift form. Hot cross buns there brother.

Narkilicious205: :|

LMFAO

Priceless!

D7M
    Blog Entries
    double post.
    Last edited by D7M; 12-23-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Fingers tingling 'eh?

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Blogger

**No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Lmao you all are fvcking killing me!

DSM - now you know why it's a non-issue!

Blog Entries
    I love ya gbrice

vettewreck is offline Banned
    Vette - I appreciate your support! BUT I must say i've never heard this opinion on deads before, it's usually quite the contrary! I'm just bracing myself for the inevitable flaming...

Honestly, when I think about it, it's one of the most practical movements you can make with your body. Unless something falls on top of you, I see no use for a press movement. Curls, etc all seem unnatural - but deads... well we DO lift things off of the ground. Also the fact that it uses SO much muscle, almost the entire body from legs right up through the forearms, back, traps... just seems like a must-do.
    Im more or less speaking in terms of heavy weight. In day to day life, people have no reason to life 315lbs+ from the floor. (usually) Of course the same could be said for 400+ bench presses. But i do understand your thought process. But for me, I have no use for them. None of my stength has ever suffered from not bending over and pulling heavy weight from the floor. lol Maybe its just me bc I work in a hospital with rehab patients and I know how the spine works and how sensitive it is and how 1 little hair, can cause a lifetime of pain. Id rather do reverse crunches for lower back strength any day over pulling heavy weight from the ground. Its more prone to hurt you, throw your back out, ect along those lines. But again, im not flaming anyone who pulls heavy deads. Just personally, they are not for me, thats all.
    Last edited by vettewreck; 12-23-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vettewreck View Post
    Im more or less speaking in terms of heavy weight. In day to day life, people have no reason to life 315lbs+ from the floor. (usually) Of course the same could be said for 400+ bench presses. But i do understand your thought process. But for me, I have no use for them. None of my stength has ever suffered from not bending over and pulling heavy weight from the floor. lol Maybe its just me bc I work in a hospital with rehab patients and I know how the spine works and how sensitive it is and how 1 little hair, can cause a lifetime of pain. Id rather do reverse crunches for lower back strength any day over pulling heavy weight from the ground. Its more prone to hurt you, throw your back out, ect along those lines. But again, im not flaming anyone who pulls heavy deads. Just personally, they are not for me, thats all.
    I see what you're saying and agree, in terms of lifting heavy weight - not practical, at least not these days. Listen, i'm definitely not judging you - look at you and look at me - people say you need to do deads to get big. I'd like to post your avy as proof to the contrary every time I see that!

That said, I do still feel it's a great exercise to develop overall strength and mass, and enjoy doing them - but I do need to start focusing more on lighter weight/perfect form vs. worrying about how much I can lift. I'm 35, and although I only started seriously working out just over 2 years ago, I should be way over that shit by now. =)

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I love ya gbrice
    Luv ya back brotha! =P

vettewreck is offline Banned
    I see what you're saying and agree, in terms of lifting heavy weight - not practical, at least not these days. Listen, i'm definitely not judging you - look at you and look at me - people say you need to do deads to get big. I'd like to post your avy as proof to the contrary every time I see that!

That said, I do still feel it's a great exercise to develop overall strength and mass, and enjoy doing them - but I do need to start focusing more on lighter weight/perfect form vs. worrying about how much I can lift. I'm 35, and although I only started seriously working out just over 2 years ago, I should be way over that shit by now. =)
    Haha thanks!! On that note, I dont do squats either! Plate and screws in my ankle prevents me from that movement and like you said, not doing them hasnt slowed me down on gaining size and strength. Granted, they will only overall help in the strength department, but surely arent "needed" like everyone claims.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Dont sweat it bro. I probably cant dead lift 225. Dead serious. I dont do them at all. And I could care less. IMO, I think deadlifts are worthless and only a matter of time before you (in general) hurt yourself. Theres far more other things Id rather do to increase strength than bending over and lifting weight off the floor. If you think about it that way, mechanically speaking for how a humans body works, it just isnt smart. But of course, thats just MY personal opinion.
    no way mate, deads are no1 for strength and ive neva hurt myself on them in 17yrs, bench press far more likely to cause multiple injuries imo

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Deads are king.

They give you pratical power

Blog Entries
    Dont sweat it bro. I probably cant dead lift 225. Dead serious. I dont do them at all. And I could care less. IMO, I think deadlifts are worthless and only a matter of time before you (in general) hurt yourself. Theres far more other things Id rather do to increase strength than bending over and lifting weight off the floor. If you think about it that way, mechanically speaking for how a humans body works, it just isnt smart. But of course, thats just MY personal opinion.
    Holy christ, i did heavy DL's yesterday and my back is sore as @#$@$ today. I haven't done a day where i say "Let me see how much i can pull." Now im paying for it

Holy christ, i did heavy DL's yesterday and my back is sore as @#$@$ today. I haven't done a day where i say "Let me see how much i can pull." Now im paying for it
    Dude, that's not you're back that's sore. It's what happened while you were in position to perform your deads. You MUST'VE been doing SLDL! =)

Luv ya DSM! Merry Xmas bro!

Blog Entries
    Dude, that's not you're back that's sore. It's what happened while you were in position to perform your deads. You MUST'VE been doing SLDL! =)

Luv ya DSM! Merry Xmas bro!
    Just did more weight than i normally do. Heating pad works wonders.

Merry Xmas.

JinNtonic is offline Member
    Dude, Just pee in the sink...

No seat to lift, right height. Save on water!

Just did more weight than i normally do. Heating pad works wonders.

Merry Xmas.
    lol I guess I wasn't expressive enough. Probably better off. I tried to be clever about it but clearly an epic fail. Oh well, next time!

Quote Originally Posted by JinNtonic View Post
    Dude, Just pee in the sink...

No seat to lift, right height. Save on water!
    lmao I might give it a shot. I'm sure my wife will appreciate the thought next time she's brushing her teeth... =)

jackelton is offline New Member
    corvette performance

The pics helped a lot thanks

Blog Entries

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    wow. This thread is f@#kin hillarious! GB don't feel bad i actually compted in a charity function and only benched 325 and I'm embarrased to say thats about the strongest i've ever been. I'm at 215lbs and i don't think i could do 315 for 10 all the way from the floor. Thats about what i do on rack pulls with the weight already 6 inches up.

bruary17 is offline Member
    gbrice, you know everytime I see a post from you.......from now on I'm instantly going to think.......thats the dude who sits down to pee

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Dam son wat you been eatting candy.Hell Kawigirl deadlifts 625.I seen the video.Do you go to one of them pretty spandex gyms? or are you spending to much time chasin bootie.Us guys are talkin here and honestly.We think you need to change your pic.Get a new one.Like a kitten something gentle.Beacuse that must be how you are in the gym.A lil kitten.We bet you dont pick up many women there do ya? Hell if my daughter brought home a boy she could out lift.I wouldnt let him in the house.Now wat are you ging to do about this?

layeazy is offline Banned
    lol funny call bruary17 lol but come on some of the chicks that train there's was one doing shoulder presses and there was clear visible hair under the armpits put me off my lifts...

Get going on the 5x5 routine.You will be tested in a month.You are going to complete against.SlimmerMe let me warn you.She's hittin the weights hard.So watch outnow.And her #s are up there LOL
    Last edited by songdog; 02-24-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Lmao brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    wow. This thread is f@#kin hillarious! GB don't feel bad i actually compted in a charity function and only benched 325 and I'm embarrased to say thats about the strongest i've ever been. I'm at 215lbs and i don't think i could do 315 for 10 all the way from the floor. Thats about what i do on rack pulls with the weight already 6 inches up.
    I hear ya Scotty... although i'd be thrilled to be able to bench 325. I can't even hit 300 right now for 1. Granted i'm 25lbs lighter then you, but still. I'm rack pulling 325 from the lowest setting (mid-lower shin level) so at least I can handle that. I doubt I can do 10 from the floor either though.

Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    gbrice, you know everytime I see a post from you.......from now on I'm instantly going to think.......thats the dude who sits down to pee
    Sorry brotha!!! How can I change your image of me!!??

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Dam son wat you been eatting candy.Hell Kawigirl deadlifts 625.I seen the video.Do you go to one of them pretty spandex gyms? or are you spending to much time chasin bootie.Us guys are talkin here and honestly.We think you need to change your pic.Get a new one.Like a kitten something gentle.Beacuse that must be how you are in the gym.A lil kitten.We bet you dont pick up many women there do ya? Hell if my daughter brought home a boy she could out lift.I wouldnt let him in the house.Now wat are you ging to do about this?
    Hmm... thanks for the positive reinforcement?

We just teasein Bro.Stay out of the diet section.Bulk up clean.Man you would look great! Then you will pull some weight.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree with vette

so dont worry bout it gb just so long as you look good in your skirt attemping to lift 315 thats all that matters girly man...lol jk i still respect you
    Last edited by MBMETC; 02-24-2011 at 02:09 PM.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I personally think this is a load of crap!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    We just teasein Bro.Stay out of the diet section.Bulk up clean.Man you would look great! Then you will pull some weight.
    I know, ty bro. =)

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    i agree with vette

so dont worry bout it gb just so long as you look good in your skirt attemping to lift 315 thats all that matters girly man...lol jk i still respect you
    I thought you typo'd skirt and meant shirt... fvcker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I personally think this is a load of crap!!!!
    VR isn't here to defend himself as he was banned, but I agree with you on deads being important.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    vettewreck would be abbreviated vw, not vr, how ironic is that, and what happened with him? Second, there have been multiple testimonies of people increasing in all aspects of strength by incorporating heavy deads and/or heavy squats.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Another interesting thing to cnisider is, geneticly speaking men are designed to be much stronger than women in the upper body, and lower body for that matter but women are much more competitive when i comes to lowerbody strength. I've seen some women repping 10-12 plates on a leg sled before and i skipped that excersise that day cause i didn't wanna have to follow that act.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE APPROPRIATE FOR YOU THERE GBRICE:
    Last edited by MACHINE5150; 02-25-2011 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE APPROPRIATE FOR YOU THERE GBRICE:

[URL=http://img88.imageshack.us/i/e6fd9origsquat.jpg/][IMG]
    Goddamn that's a hot body!

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    vettewreck would be abbreviated vw, not vr, how ironic is that, and what happened with him? Second, there have been multiple testimonies of people increasing in all aspects of strength by incorporating heavy deads and/or heavy squats.
    he got caught selling steroids on the board.. check this thread for the whole story:

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...aveyard-Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information