Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    They have calmed down quite a bit. Some "biker gangs" around the country started heading them off while they were trying to protest the funerals. The bikers would keep them separated from the families and friends of the deceased soldiers. The bikers physically put themselves, in very large numbers, in between the Westboro people and the funeral goers. I guess they did it so much that Westboro gave up. They've pretty much faded into obscurity and you don't really hear about them any more. Code Pink was another group, but they've also disappeared from the scene and become irrelevant. What the bikers did was pretty amazing and I don't mean to sound gay but it's pretty inspiring that so many people could come out of no where to help protect the mourning families and friends of or deceased soldiers, and be so effective at it. I guess you aren't that tough when there's a bunch of bikers in front of you who are determined to stop what you're doing.

The restraint showed by the soldiers' loved ones is nothing short of incredible. If that happened at the funerals of any of my friends that served and were killed or are still serving, I'd have someones back on the ground with my boot on their throat. I'm not that cool. There's a lot of things I'll let go but things like that make me lose my shit. It's the epitomy of distastefulness and disrespect.

Edit: The bikers were calling themselves "Patriot Guard"
    Last edited by Nooomoto; 05-30-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Thread Information