Thread: Posture

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

Posture

i have horrible posture and hypermobile joints (meaning, they do not stay in place and i have to crack my back all the time). what are some ways in which to improve my posture and are there any peptides/aas to help with nitrogen retention (help keep joints in place). any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I had to stop using my lap top while sitting on my couch it was killing my posture

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy2778 View Post
    I had to stop using my lap top while sitting on my couch it was killing my posture
    i have a desk job now so i know that is contributing to it. i am thinking about getting one of those big rubber ab balls to sit on for a few hours while working

jpowell is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    i have a desk job now so i know that is contributing to it. i am thinking about getting one of those big rubber ab balls to sit on for a few hours while working
    i remember a couple years ago this was a trend. and it seemed to work from the research stand point
    i myself suffer from a hunch back. i hate it. and it rely effects my squats and dead lifts, and workouts where i need to arch my back.
    i ve thought about goin to a dr to get a corrective brace?

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    I crack all the time as well. Hypermobile joints. Is that what it's called?

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    I crack all the time as well. Hypermobile joints. Is that what it's called?

i think so, but don't quote me. i can go to the chiropractor and 30 minutes later, feel the same as before i walked in. i am starting to do more rows, abs, and back exercises to try to help.

i dont crack tho, and and have never cracked my back before. advise to start? or worst decision ever made?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Every once in a while my GF will crack my back. It feels good, but I can't say it's good for you. It's like cracking your knuckles, you just want to do it more often.

As far as posture goes, squats seem to really help me out. Plus I try to pay attention when I start slouching. Having a hump when you are old doesn't look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    i dont crack tho, and and have never cracked my back before. advise to start? or worst decision ever made?
    to be honest, i cannot answer that. i do know one thing, you will feel amazed at the way your body feels afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by samson_420 View Post
    Every once in a while my GF will crack my back. It feels good, but I can't say it's good for you. It's like cracking your knuckles, you just want to do it more often.

As far as posture goes, squats seem to really help me out. Plus I try to pay attention when I start slouching. Having a hump when you are old doesn't look so good.

i hear with the cracking! i am really going to focus on my back area and really try to streghthen it. i think i am going to start doing twice the pull exercises as i will push

silentlucidity is offline New Member
    Are you humping over at the shoulder area or lower? There are different braces you can purchase for this. I broke my shoulder and wore a brace for that and it really helped (unknowingly at the time) with posture.

I can not post links yet. But search this and you will find OTC braces. Professional Orthopedic Elastic Posture Support OR Clavicle straps. That is what I wore. I don't know if you have a Walgreen's where you live but they have them.

Quote Originally Posted by silentlucidity View Post
    Are you humping over at the shoulder area or lower? There are different braces you can purchase for this. I broke my shoulder and wore a brace for that and it really helped (unknowingly at the time) with posture.

I can not post links yet. But search this and you will find OTC braces. Professional Orthopedic Elastic Posture Support OR Clavicle straps. That is what I wore. I don't know if you have a Walgreen's where you live but they have them.

thanks but i think braces will only made muscles weaker and that is not what i am looking for.

This is very true. That is why you only wear them when your doing things that make you slump more.....sitting at the computer, washing dishes, etc. It only makes you aware not to slump. Instead of having your mom standing there telling you to stand up straight lol. You don't want to make your body change form, that could be dangerous, just for a reminder.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Just try to focus on it a bit, you should be aight.

I seem way better than when I was younger. I would just hunch over 24/7 and think it's all good. . . Yeah, no.

Quote Originally Posted by silentlucidity View Post
    This is very true. That is why you only wear them when your doing things that make you slump more.....sitting at the computer, washing dishes, etc. It only makes you aware not to slump. Instead of having your mom standing there telling you to stand up straight lol. You don't want to make your body change form, that could be dangerous, just for a reminder.

hummmmm, maybe i need to just rent a hot blonde bombshell with a whip for this!

lol anybody have kids or younger siblings that watch icarly?
    freddys mom is always like "if you stand erect, you wont get respect!" funny!

but for me, my slouch/hump is directly in my middle back.
    wen i bend over it bulges out...kinda weird.

ill google that and see what happens, never thought bout otc braces, thought it had to be like diagnosed/prescribed or sum thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    hummmmm, maybe i need to just rent a hot blonde bombshell with a whip for this!
    Then every man in the world would be walking around all slumped over, HA!

Thread Information