luchie is offline New Member

Question Lab Results - What to do next?

Hi Guys,

Been researching non stop for a couple of weeks now, this low test thing has my head spinning. It first started off my questioning of all the years of ED I had since before I can remember (makes me think I always had low test) and why I was never able to build any muscle at the gym. I my strength goes up but never any real changes to my body. I'm 31 now i been working out off and on (more on than off) for about 2 years now and even during my 20's with no real results. If I tried to bulk I'd gain more fat then muscle and if I cut I loose more muscle then fat (a never ending limbo). I cant seem to get rid of this chest fat for shit (which im told might have a lil tissue back there) and i have a bit of fat on my lower back and my midsection which I cant get rid of. The scale says about 20% bf but thats just crazy I dont look it, maybe 17? Who knows I'm not even that heavy. After Keto I'm about 150 and still the fat is the same on the sale even though I can see less fat still ugly). Since I've been on a search to find out what could be causing this because even with weak genetics there has to be a reason. I feel upon testosterone and the more I researched it the more I came across testosterone. So I ended up finding a trt clinic who I saw would take a blood test and excepted my insurance. Unfortunately my suspicions where correct a couple of days after I got a call from the clinic and was told that my test score was low, the lab results were pretty vague from what I remember it was:

Total Test: 310ng
    E2: 13.3
    HG: 16
    I don't have it in front of me but the test was conducted by labcorp.

I took the test between 2:30-3pm, I'm sure I ate before the test as well.

Anyways felt like shit after hearing the news and started researching endo's b4 I jumped into the whole trt thing, found one who's in his 70s figure he could help since he has so many years under his belt. made the appointment showed him the results and he wanted me to take another one and off I went.

So the time between the first test and 2nd test I'd say was 2-3 weeks.

Just came back from the doc and here are the results:

LH 6.1 mIU/ml (1.7-8.6)
    FSH 2.9 mIU/ml (1.5-12.4)
    Test, Serum 446 ng/dl (348-1197)
    Free Test (Direct) 11.0 pg/ml (8.7-25.1)
    DHEA-Sulfate 309.6 ug/dl (160.0-449.0)
    DHEA, Serum 414 ng/dl (31-701)
    TSH 2.170 uIU/mL (0.450-4.500)
    Prolocatin 9.0 pg/mL (4.0-15.2)
    Estradiol 21.9 pg/mL (7.6-42.6)
    Estrone, Serum 47 pg/ml (12-72)
    SHBG 19.6 nmol/l (16.5-55.9)

Taken between 11:30am-12pm on empty.

needless the say the doc said im normal and couldnt help me, everything was in my head and that I jumped 100+ ng in test in 2 weeks so i'm probably recovering from whatever mental depression I was having. Then started blabbering about some irrelevant stuff and also told me to eat diet and sleep better (which I already do so..)

anyways just like to get some feedback from people on here who've seen stuff like this, I dont know what answers im looking for just looking for feedback and opinions and comments or whatever. What should I do next...

Should I run a few cycles, should i not do anything, practice yoga... how do i get my body to chnage, i'm just so tired of this whole gym shit with no results and eating and spending hundreds on groceries and this ed problem its like a never ending cycle, I doubt its the low test that has me depressed, its the lack of anything changing that has my mood in the dumps.

luchie is offline New Member
    bump?

supersize me is offline Associate Member
    I'm no expert as far as sections of the forum are concerned but there's probably a better section than the lounge to post this in which will get you better feedback.
    Last edited by supersize me; 07-19-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Thread Information