View Poll Results: Through Exercise, can you convert slow to fast twitch muscle fiber?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - you can convert slow to fast twitch muscle fiber

3 25.00%
  • No -you cannot convert slow to fast twitch muscle fiber

5 41.67%
  • I don't know

4 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Through Exercise, can you convert your slow twitch muscle fiber into fast twitch?

Just some things to think about. I already know the answer, but just curious to see the answers we get.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No you cannot convert slow into fast. Its what your genetics give you. You can increase timing and speed with practice and using certain equipment designed for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    No you cannot convert slow into fast. Its what your genetics give you. You can increase timing and speed with practice and using certain equipment designed for this purpose.
    What about the ratio between slow/fast muscle fiber? Anyway to change the composition of this ratio?

Anyone else?

Your fast and slow twitch can become more or less dominant depending on your training style. They will become dormant if you do not use them

Your fast and slow twitch can become more or less dominant depending on your training style. They will become dormant if you do not use them
    but as far as the overall ratio between the quantity of fibers themselves, is this ratio fixed, or do we exert some level of control over this ratio? and how?

The ratio of your fiber type is a result of:

(1) What you were born with

and

(2) Transformation of slow to fast or fast to slow through training influence.

Transformable Fibers

If you were to look at a muscle biopsy you’d see both red and white along with various shades of each. The white being pure fast twitch and the red being pure slow twitch. Think of eating chicken, the white meat (breast) is fast twitch. The dark meat (legs and thigh) is slow twitch. Chickens don't fly around very often yet when they do those muscles have to fire quicker, thus, their breast meat is fast twitch. Chickens walk around on their feet all day long thus their legs are slow twitch and better suited for endurance.

As mentioned before you can't take a completely red (pure endurance fiber) and turn it into a completely white (fast twitch) fiber but the intermediate fibers (IIA), which would be the various shades you see in a muscle biopsy are plastic and you can transform them into more of a red (slow twitch) version or more of a white (fast twitch) version. You can also take a pure white fiber and make it a little redder, or take a pure red fiber and make it a little whiter.

Canadian scientists, Drs. J. Simoneau and C. Bouchard, have estimated that 40% of the variance of fiber type is due to environmental influences (i.e. exercise) while 45% is associated with genetic factors. So that means you have about 40% control of your muscle fiber type, the other 45% you can do nothing about

Well take someone who is say 50/50 fast vs slow-twitch. Over time and with proper training if he trains his nervous system to utilize 90% of all those available FT fibers and also increases the size of them he well then be able to outperform someone who has say an 80:20 fast to slow-twitch ratio.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Doesn't that peptide GW-161505 (or whatever number) do this?

So in a nutshell, you can retrain your slow twitch muscle fiber to become more fast twitch "like", yet still be a slow twitch fiber. And conversly, you can perform cardio till you are blue in the face, and eventually retrain your fast twitch muscle fibers to become more slow twitch "like".

But a fast twitch muscle fiber still reigns supreme for weight lifting, no matter how much you retrain a slow twitch muscle fiber.

This, in essense, explains why certain individuals are naturally strong, or can naturally run all day and not be winded. I fall in the second class, with a majority (i believe) of my muscle fiber to be slow twitch, which explains why i did so well running long distance. during that time, i was naturally thin (160 lbs) and could literally run for miles at sub sprint speed without excessive pain. there were blokes that were extremely fast in the 440, but had great difficulty running a two mile without sucking tremendous amounts of wind.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    it makes the claim of improved cardio. I have not tested it, nor has a large majority of members here. It is still relatively new product.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00
    Definitely new to most if us. There is a log on it though that a fellow member started. He is explaining his feelings about it. Step by step

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    So in a nutshell, you can retrain your slow twitch muscle fiber to become more fast twitch "like", yet still be a slow twitch fiber. And conversly, you can perform cardio till you are blue in the face, and eventually retrain your fast twitch muscle fibers to become more slow twitch "like".

But a fast twitch muscle fiber still reigns supreme for weight lifting, no matter how much you retrain a slow twitch muscle fiber.

This, in essense, explains why certain individuals are naturally strong, or can naturally run all day and not be winded. I fall in the second class, with a majority (i believe) of my muscle fiber to be slow twitch, which explains why i did so well running long distance. during that time, i was naturally thin (160 lbs) and could literally run for miles at sub sprint speed without excessive pain. there were blokes that were extremely fast in the 440, but had great difficulty running a two mile without sucking tremendous amounts of wind.
    Basically you can modify them. But your right you were born with the two mile type and I am a dude that is fast at the 400 but sucking wind at two miles

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I'd have to say no..

except now with gw 501516 combined with AiCar that will convert fast twitch to slow twitch..

who's to say it can't go the other way around.. science is ever changing..

http://www.emaxhealth.com/69/23617.html

best write up ive found
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

it would be nice if AR-R came out with AICAR and GW1516 sometime soon?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Kinda sorta off topic. But, what is the true physical difference? From what I understand, fast twitch is worked out on rapid movement and slow on slower movements. < Wrong? Just what I know.

slow twitch is aerobic, and fast twich is anaerobic. Fast twitch does not need immediate oxygen to operate, as it is a simple discharge of energy and it is through. Slow twitch takes awhile to activate, and needs oxygen replenishment to continiously operate.

Slow twitch needs oxygen replenishment, not very strong, yet can operate for long periods of time
    Fast twitch needs little oxygen, is strong, yet only operates in short spurts depending on the sub muscle fiber type.

Blog Entries
    I know, I know. . . . But, what is the "real" physical difference? Look difference

^not to rip off someone elses observation, but...

on a chicken...
    slow twitch is the dark meat
    fast twitch is the white meat

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    it would be nice if AR-R came out with AICAR and GW1516 sometime soon?
    Plenty of places carry gw

Plenty of places carry gw
    maybe so. but right now, it's expensive, and the supply is low.

this is a huge red flag, and a recipe for some wise asss to want to peddle bogus.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    ^not to rip off someone elses observation, but...

on a chicken...
    slow twitch is the dark meat
    fast twitch is the white meat
    Okay one more time, fast twitch looks like what? More ripped, hard, defined, or? And slow looks like?

I guess I can look it up, but it never made sense to me. This is what I know > You lift, you break muscle down. . . You eat, you sleep and it builds new connective tissue very slowly.

fast twitch is for strength, slow twitch is for endurance

wait! are you pulling my leg mate?

Blog Entries

wait! are you pulling my leg mate?
    No leg pulling today,lol

But, what is the true difference? What do you do to train either? Maybe be a stupid question, but. . . . .

I looked it up too, it said the same shit. Endurance and strength. . . Sounds like nonsense. But, my sports medicine knowledge is of a three year old.

Mark5 is offline Associate Member
    Studies have shown that some alteration of the fiber types can be achieved, but the degree/percentage/whatever you want to quantify it as doesn't seem to be well observed or understood.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    No leg pulling today,lol

But, what is the true difference? What do you do to train either? Maybe be a stupid question, but. . . . .

I looked it up too, it said the same shit. Endurance and strength. . . Sounds like nonsense. But, my sports medicine knowledge is of a three year old.
    I have "runners" legs, which means tthey will probably never be huge, as they are predominantly type 1 (slow twitch) muscle fiber. you train slow twitch just as you would by running over long periods of time... aerobically!

however, you can "retrain" slow twitch to me more fast twitch "like".

I;'m assuming you already know how to train fast twitch muscle fiber?

Blog Entries
    I;'m assuming you already know how to train fast twitch muscle fiber?
    I suppose - More rapid movements? I guess

Weah is offline Junior Member
    Hey guys. I have already ordered a bottle with Gw. Btw, Interesting thread.
    I am a soccer player that wants to get better endurance.But I am not willing to get better endurance and lose my explositivty and strenght because Gw is going to give me more slow twitch fibers instead of the fast ones(explosive). Will that happen or have I misunderstood the hole thread?

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    I suppose - More rapid movements? I guess
    no ya nutt! by weight training! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Weah View Post
    Hey guys. I have already ordered a bottle with Gw. Btw, Interesting thread.
    I am a soccer player that wants to get better endurance.But I am not willing to get better endurance and lose my explositivty and strenght because Gw is going to give me more slow twitch fibers instead of the fast ones(explosive). Will that happen or have I misunderstood the hole thread?
    I imagine it would be a slow process of conversion. if it goes in a direction you do not want, it's pretty simple really.....

...you stop taking GW!

no ya nutt! by weight training! =)

I imagine it would be a slow process of conversion. if it goes in a direction you do not want, it's pretty simple really.....

...you stop taking GW!
    Okey Do you recommend me to take something that can give me some advantages in football? Like getting stronger, more explosive etc.. Like I wrote in the other thread. I have started to read a lot about Gw and Mk. Mk is because I need to heal a knee and my whole body because of overtraining several times. Any comments to that? I have started a thread about Mk-677. Will you take a look, especially about the e-mail I got from receptorchem.co.uk? http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t=#post6228898

Thanks for the answers

Well for one stopped over training and realize your body needs rest. Nutrition will play a huge part on your recovery and muscles. I have yet to meet many young athletes that eat like they should to maximize potential.
    So besides looking into a sarm I would also look at my diet.

Training- explosiveness you need to do all explosive exercises. To many to list.
    When you train, try smart, stretch pre and post!

Okey Do you recommend me to take something that can give me some advantages in football? Like getting stronger, more explosive etc.. Like I wrote in the other thread. I have started to read a lot about Gw and Mk. Mk is because I need to heal a knee and my whole body because of overtraining several times. Any comments to that? I have started a thread about Mk-677. Will you take a look, especially about the e-mail I got from receptorchem.co.uk? http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...t=#post6228898

Thanks for the answers
    I'd recommend TB500 for healing. I seem to be preaching alot about TB here lately....

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...n-s-TB-500-log...........

btw, i have yet to find anyone that has used TB to not find healing relief. Around week 3 you really start noticing the effect, and the whole treatment is over at 6 weeks.

Well for one stopped over training and realize your body needs rest. Nutrition will play a huge part on your recovery and muscles. I have yet to meet many young athletes that eat like they should to maximize potential.
    So besides looking into a sarm I would also look at my diet.

Training- explosiveness you need to do all explosive exercises. To many to list.
    When you train, try smart, stretch pre and post!
    I have earlier had some problems with eating, but have learned by my mistakes. The problem is that I don't have any limits when it comes to training. Do you know my age? Now I train smart, but I never stretch before or after my workout, only dynamic stretch because I want to keep muscles explosive. I'll do my stretches in the morning and evening, but not before or after my workouts, that will only make the recovery time longer. The reason is that you are breaking your muscle fibers even more apart.

I have read some places that it will only heal for a couple of weeks and after that the pain will be back to what it was.
    From what I have seen in logs and forums it seems like it can give me many benefits. Do I need to inject it?

I have read some places that it will only heal for a couple of weeks and after that the pain will be back to what it was.
    From what I have seen in logs and forums it seems like it can give me many benefits. Do I need to inject it?
    yes. TB is a weekly SubQ pin........

I hate needles, but if it can heal my body after overtraining and my knee after surgery of my ALC and removing my meniscus I will do it.
    Can TB give me advantages in football and to strength training too?
    I read your log and understand that people really like the TB. Where should I order it from?

I hate needles, but if it can heal my body after overtraining and my knee after surgery of my ALC and removing my meniscus I will do it.
    I read your log and understand that people really like the TB. Where should I order it from?
    once you get to 50 posts and can pm, i'll tell you where i get mine

or you can order from AR-R

and btw. you use a slin pin. i went to walgreens the other day, and for the first time, picked up some 31ga syringes. smallest i've ever used. You will only fear the injection the first time. after that, you'll feel kinda silly once you realize there is little pain. get the 31ga

Thank you. Then I will write a lot of posts the next couple of days
    I think I will go for it, and use it with Ostarine, Gw and Mk-677. Not sure about the last one, but I might give it a try.
    Can some of you guys help me with info about what I should take for getting stronger,faster,better endurance and shorter recovery time?
    I don't want to take something that can ruin my body, but I have thought about Anavar ,low testo,Sarms etc.

If you guys will help me, than I will start a log here.

Sauced_Up is offline Associate Member
    Seeing that I have a degree in exercise phys and specifically remember spending an entire semester on muscles alone. I do remember spending a great deal of time on fiber types. In a nut shell without having to explain all the processes YES THEY CAN CHANGE due to specified training styles but the moment you stop training the type of fiber in the opposing manner it will revert back to its old type

I think I will go for it, and use it with Ostarine, Gw and Mk-677. Not sure about the last one, but I might give it a try.
    Can some of you guys help me with info about what I should take for getting stronger,faster,better endurance and shorter recovery time?
    I don't want to take something that can ruin my body, but I have thought about Anavar ,low testo,Sarms etc.

If you guys will help me, than I will start a log here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauced_Up View Post
    Seeing that I have a degree in exercise phys and specifically remember spending an entire semester on muscles alone. I do remember spending a great deal of time on fiber types. In a nut shell without having to explain all the processes YES THEY CAN CHANGE due to specified training styles but the moment you stop training the type of fiber in the opposing manner it will revert back to its old type
    Thank you, I train a lot of explosive and heavy strength training, So i will definetly try Gw.

Do someone have a reply to my questions above here?
    I am 24 years old, train strength training 5 days a week,193cm and 90 kg.1 rpm is 110 in bench,160 in frontsquat,260 in deadlift. My goal have always been to become a pro soccer player but I always get injured or overtrained. I want to take something that can help me to get a better soccer player. I want to get faster,stronger, less recovery time and something that can heal my knee and body.

Please give me some answers, so I have something to work from.
    Last edited by Weah; 10-29-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information