Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    evander87 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131 View Post
    Guys... I'm a 35 year old executive at a Fortune 5. She's 33. I'm not 21 years old anymore.... can't get away with vibrators and my cock as a Christmas present.

Word to the wise: The older you get... the higher the expectations... especially when they don't have kids, have never been married, and are hot.

Not that she cares about money because I know she doesn't.... but its hard to get away with buying a girl you've been with for 6 months a vibrator for Christmas when you drive a $100K car.....
    No it's not. If you're girl is a gold digger then yes you are correct, but if she actually likes YOU not just your wallet it's super easy. Get tickets to a band or show she likes, take her on a weekend vacation wine tasting or something. As you've been told give her a gift of the two of you doing something, unless she is only after your wallet then buy her some $1200 shoes.

dan991 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evander87 View Post
    No it's not. If you're girl is a gold digger then yes you are correct, but if she actually likes YOU not just your wallet it's super easy. Get tickets to a band or show she likes, take her on a weekend vacation wine tasting or something. As you've been told give her a gift of the two of you doing something, unless she is only after your wallet then buy her some $1200 shoes.
    She's not after my wallet; that much I know for sure. I've been around the block...

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    The HAW could spot a knock off from 3 miles away. I'm not sure if its a skill they teach in VN or if its in their blood!?!

She asked for a Mercedes SL55. My response: bahahahahaha.

I want my Harley first!
    At least she asked you for the AMG version and not a SL550

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    So uhm.... what do you/did you get your girlfriend after dating for 6 months for Christmas? First Christmas....

Her Bday was at the end of Oct and I got her a Burberry coat. That thing cost me $800.00.... so now I apparently have to spend more on Christmas? FML
    Yes- but diamond earrings are a no-no as are all diamonds/jewelry for me. Reasons behind it are:

1. I'm divorced. Spent $55K on my ex-wife's ring... look where that got me.
    2. Girlfriend after the ex-wife, 3 year relationship, bought her diamond studs after a year, and the 3 year Christmas a ring she wanted (non-engadgement) and all of that cost me $20K.

I'm not spending another dollar on diamonds... bad investment for me historical. No woman gets any diamonds from me until AFTER I marry her.
    Personally, i think you're a sucker and women know this about you. And whether you can afford it or not is irrelevant. Youre a "mark." And until you understand this, you'll continue to attract these type of women.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Personally, i think you're a sucker and women know this about you. And whether you can afford it or not is irrelevant. Youre a "mark." And until you understand this, you'll continue to attract these type of women.

No... my ex-wife was with me when I was broke. I dated her for 4 years and was married for 5. I spent $55K on an engagement ring because in theory you're supposed to only buy one in your life... and it took me 5 years to pay off that ring too, lol. I was also a dumbass and spent $20K on a wedding.

My ex-girlfriend... we were together for 3 years. We lived together for 2.

The girl I'm with now... she makes $30K a year at a non-profit. She's well educated and could easily make $120K a year but chooses to work with children instead. She's not about money regardless of what I have. You guys think that its a money thing with the jacket- its not. I bought it for her because she couldn't even when she tried to save up for it. She cherishes that jacket not because its Burberry or whatever.... because its something she wanted and couldn't get.

I can tell a chick who's about $ from a mile away. I'm not new to women....... EVERY dude is gonna have his run in with a $ hungry chick once in his lifetime.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Where are the chicks on this forum?! LOL.... I need real help; you guys just like to talk shit. :-D
    she needs a nice purse to go with the coat but you can buy her a nice time piece! spend a few hundred dollars and take her out to a nice dinner. it is gonna have to be all about presentation since you messed up on the $800 bday coat just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    she needs a nice purse to go with the coat but you can buy her a nice time piece! spend a few hundred dollars and take her out to a nice dinner. it is gonna have to be all about presentation since you messed up on the $800 bday coat just sayin
    I know I know... can't go cheap this time. I"m not worried about that... but I do have my limits. I'm not spending thousands of dollars on a purse, or anything retarded like $500.00 gloves and $500.00 hats. She doesn't wear watches, and NO JEWELRY... don't care if its just fake shit... no jewelry at all. I will never buy women jewelry unless its my wife.... The problem here isn't how much I have to spend; its not knowing what to get.

I'd consider a nice trip to someplace like the Bahama's... but I don't know how you "gift" that. 90% of what Christmas is about nowadays is having something to open Christmas morning...

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131
    Guys... I'm a 35 year old executive at a Fortune 5. She's 33. I'm not 21 years old anymore.... can't get away with vibrators and my cock as a Christmas present.

Word to the wise: The older you get... the higher the expectations... especially when they don't have kids, have never been married, and are hot.

Not that she cares about money because I know she doesn't.... but its hard to get away with buying a girl you've been with for 6 months a vibrator for Christmas when you drive a $100K car.....
    Install a nice expensive vibrator in your car and hand her the keys. She will love you twice.

Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    Install a nice expensive vibrator in your car and hand her the keys. She will love you twice.
    Uhm... fvck no.. no women drive my car.... off limits even for Christmas and even if she gave me road head after.

wrap the tickets........

I know I know... can't go cheap this time. I"m not worried about that... but I do have my limits. I'm not spending thousands of dollars on a purse, or anything retarded like $500.00 gloves and $500.00 hats. She doesn't wear watches, and NO JEWELRY... don't care if its just fake shit... no jewelry at all. I will never buy women jewelry unless its my wife.... The problem here isn't how much I have to spend; its not knowing what to get.

I'd consider a nice trip to someplace like the Bahama's... but I don't know how you "gift" that. 90% of what Christmas is about nowadays is having something to open Christmas morning...

wrap the tickets........
    Can't buy tickets without knowing what dates she can go... which is the problem with that. I know where to take her; no clue when she can go and IF she can get the time off work. That's why I haven't done it yet. Trust me- if there was an easy solution I could think of I wouldn't be asking on the forum. I've thought about all of this since Thanksgiving.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Can't buy tickets without knowing what dates she can go... which is the problem with that. I know where to take her; no clue when she can go and IF she can get the time off work. That's why I haven't done it yet. Trust me- if there was an easy solution I could think of I wouldn't be asking on the forum. I've thought about all of this since Thanksgiving.
    then buy her a bikini and wrap it and tell her its to wear on the trip. Man have any of you guys ever had a girl before?
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    then buy her a bikini and wrap it and tell her its to wear on the trip. Man have any of you guys ever had a girl before?
    ding ding ding!!!!

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

I here the mall is a nice place to pick women up

Yes- but diamond earrings are a no-no as are all diamonds/jewelry for me. Reasons behind it are:

1. I'm divorced. Spent $55K on my ex-wife's ring... look where that got me.
    2. Girlfriend after the ex-wife, 3 year relationship, bought her diamond studs after a year, and the 3 year Christmas a ring she wanted (non-engadgement) and all of that cost me $20K.

I'm not spending another dollar on diamonds... bad investment for me historical. No woman gets any diamonds from me until AFTER I marry her.
    No... my ex-wife was with me when I was broke. I dated her for 4 years and was married for 5. I spent $55K on an engagement ring because in theory you're supposed to only buy one in your life... and it took me 5 years to pay off that ring too, lol. I was also a dumbass and spent $20K on a wedding.

My ex-girlfriend... we were together for 3 years. We lived together for 2.

The girl I'm with now... she makes $30K a year at a non-profit. She's well educated and could easily make $120K a year but chooses to work with children instead. She's not about money regardless of what I have. You guys think that its a money thing with the jacket- its not. I bought it for her because she couldn't even when she tried to save up for it. She cherishes that jacket not because its Burberry or whatever.... because its something she wanted and couldn't get.

I can tell a chick who's about $ from a mile away. I'm not new to women....... EVERY dude is gonna have his run in with a $ hungry chick once in his lifetime.
    I dont want sound negative, but i probably will.

Imho, your current girl is satisfied with 30k because there's no need for her to make any more, she has you. 30k isnt very much money at all. In some areas that considered just above the poverty line (exaggeration, yes). If she wasn't with you, do you think she would be satisfied with 30k and living in a 5th floor walk up? Perhaps, but i don't think so. Unless her only goals are to be a volunteer and work with children.

What your girlfriends name, Mother Theressa?

Thats a great idea! I may just steal that one!

Great, now I'm in a trick bag buying a Bikini. If its too small- she's fat. If its too big- she thinks I think she's fat.

I get the concept though; thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    I dont want sound negative, but i probably will.

Imho, your current girl is satisfied with 30k because there's no need for her to make any more, she has you. 30k isnt very much money at all. In some areas that considered just above the poverty line (exaggeration, yes). If she wasn't with you, do you think she would be satisfied with 30k and living in a 5th floor walk up? Perhaps, but i don't think so. Unless her only goals are to be a volunteer and work with children.

What your girlfriends name, Mother Theressa?
    My girlfriend has had the same job since she got out of college... like 10 years ago; so yes she would have the same job regardless of me. She dated the same guy for 8 years, was single for 2 years, then met me. So... yea, she has been satisfied with $30K a year living. Her ex-boyfriend was a police officer; they don't make much money either. She also grew up in NE... on farm land; where they don't care about material things. Ever been to Omaha, NE? Sears is a "high end" store there- with most shoppers going to Walmart.

Man have any of you guys ever had a girl before?
    HEY!!! Don't lump us all together. Some of us have never gone onto an anonymous steroid website asking what gift to get a gf of only six months.

Great, now I'm in a trick bag buying a Bikini. If its too small- she's fat. If its too big- she thinks I think she's fat.

I get the concept though; thanks.
    buy a pair of sunglasses or tanning oil.....

My girlfriend has had the same job since she got out of college... like 10 years ago; so yes she would have the same job regardless of me. She dated the same guy for 8 years, was single for 2 years, then met me. So... yea, she has been satisfied with $30K a year living. Her ex-boyfriend was a police officer; they don't make much money either. She also grew up in NE... on farm land; where they don't care about material things. Ever been to Omaha, NE? Sears is a "high end" store there- with most shoppers going to Walmart.
    Well, there you have it. Shes a Mennonite.

Maybe its just me. My blood sugar is low. I think i'll go to Dairy Queen for a peanut buster parfait.

HEY!!! Don't lump us all together. Some of us have never gone onto an anonymous steroid website asking what gift to get a gf of only six months.
    I'd have you know- this is the PERFECT place to ask that question. First- its mostly guys. I can look at what all of you are getting your girlfriends and compare what I'm thinking to know if I'm +1 or -1 on Christmas day over all the other dudes out there. See, women compare us. On the first "girls night out" after Christmas- they all huddle around and compare who got what. The dude that bought the diamonds is gonna get that night. The dude that bought a vibrator- well she's gonna use it because she wasn't the special one all the other girls wanted to be at that girls night out; you're not getting laid that night and she's setting up a Match.com profile.

As far as 6 months go- that's a long time for a girl to last with me. I've fired a lot of them within a month because I am picky; very picky. I am divorced, have been burned several times by girlfriends, learned things the hard way; and easily annoyed. Its not easy for a girl to spend 6 months in a relationship with me and not get fired. The last one before her lasted 3 weeks. If she didn't give good head; she would've been gone sooner because the bitch was annoying.... she talked too much.

Then- with the number of gay guys as well as guys with high E2 levels.... you're more likely to get a chick's opinion even if there were no chicks on this forum.

So.. the forum is the perfect place to ask questions..

AXx
    My girlfriend didn't want anything g but my wife's list was pretty extensive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AXx View Post
    My girlfriend didn't want anything g but my wife's list was pretty extensive!!!
    Just make sure your girlfriend doesn't give you a gift that you accidentally give your wife, lol

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by dan68131

Just make sure your girlfriend doesn't give you a gift that you accidentally give your wife, lol
    Lol. I was kidding but that would be horrible

buy a pair of sunglasses or tanning oil.....
    beat me to it, exactly what i was going to say.

just busting, trust me i spent more then the OP did on the first christmas and b-day for my girl and i knew her less then 3 months

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    What's her name...I go to Omaha all the time! By the way the have Dillards and Von Maur too lol.

Is she a techy...new cell phone, laptop, ipad so on

The vacation is a great idea...you can still pick up a number of items related to the trip and wrap them.

At the end of the day she sound like the type that cares more about the thought put into the gift than the gift itself!

beat me to it, exactly what i was going to say.

just busting, trust me i spent more then the OP did on the first christmas and b-day for my girl and i knew her less then 3 months
    It isn't about $$ though...my wifes wedding ring cost about $300. It was purchased with one of my first checks I recieved in the service and has a diamond (so they say) that you can barely see. I was 18 y.o. and she still won't let me replace it with a better one! gifts should come from the heart and not the wallet. if you have to buy women then you are setting yourself up for failure (general statement not pointed at you Gixx..or anyone).

Think about who she is and her interests when choosing a gift...not what the price tag says. hell she is from Omaha..maybe she would love a GOOD steak dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post

At the end of the day she sound like the type that cares more about the thought put into the gift than the gift itself!
    Exactly! That's the problem.The "thought" behind getting her that $800.00 jacket was that she worked hard to save up for it herself and couldn't.

Now... no idea what to get outside of bullshit. iPad's and that kind of crap are out. I'm thinking the trip is my only option at this point unless I'm willing to bit the bullet and buy jewelry (not likely).
    Last edited by dan991; 12-18-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Exactly! That's the problem.The "thought" behind getting her that $800.00 jacket was that she worked hard to save up for it herself and couldn't get.

Now... no idea what to get outside of bullshit. iPad's and that kind of crap are out. I'm thinking the trip is my only option at this point unless I'm willing to bit the bullet and buy jewelry (not likely).
    You said she "was" from Omaha...does she still have family there. Maybe she would love a trip home and some time with her family if they are close!

hell she is from Omaha..maybe she would love a GOOD steak dinner
    There are no good steaks in Omaha. Omaha steaks suck and everyone local knows it. The fancy steakhouse that use to be here before they went out of business brought steaks in from outside of Omaha, lol.

You said she "was" from Omaha...does she still have family there. Maybe she would love a trip home and some time with her family if they are close!
    We are both in Chicago now. Its only a 4/5 hour drive so going there isn't a big deal and she's already going for Christmas. I'm heading to Atlanta for Christmas to see my kids.

It isn't about $$ though...my wifes wedding ring cost about $300. It was purchased with one of my first checks I recieved in the service and has a diamond (so they say) that you can barely see. I was 18 y.o. and she still won't let me replace it with a better one! gifts should come from the heart and not the wallet. if you have to buy women then you are setting yourself up for failure (general statement not pointed at you Gixx..or anyone).

Think about who she is and her interests when choosing a gift...not what the price tag says. hell she is from Omaha..maybe she would love a GOOD steak dinner
    oh i completely agree. I think you book idea was the best suggestion.
    I was just making the comment because everyone was busting him for spending that much. Sometime it does work out and its not a waste.

That's exactly what I'm getting at. I wouldn't expect anyone on an anonymous forum to know anything about my girl let alone what present to get her.

As far as $$$'s go. I can always make more money but I can NEVER get back time. I like to get gifts for the people that I care about where I get to spend time with them.

Does your girl like to cook? Get a cooking class booked for the two of you. Does she like wine? Do a wine tasting. Is she into the arts? Get tickets to a play. If she likes being pampered do a spa day WITH your girl.

There are no good steaks in Omaha. Omaha steaks suck and everyone local knows it. The fancy steakhouse that use to be here before they went out of business brought steaks in from outside of Omaha, lol.
    Well I am smack dab in between her home and your current home and I can tell you that there is no better steak than some found in the little mom and pop places around here. hell they practicly slaughter the cow in the back and toss it on the grill! I agree thos Omaha steaks like they package are not all that good!

Well I am smack dab in between her home and your current home and I can tell you that there is no better steak than some found in the little mom and pop places around here. hell they practicly slaughter the cow in the back and toss it on the grill! I agree thos Omaha steaks like they package are not all that good!
    Well... smack dab in the middle would put you in Iowa City.... where she went to school.....

Well... smack dab in the middle would put you in Iowa City.... where she went to school.....
    Go Hawks!

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    dude it seems to me now would be a good time to reel back in the price situation u put urself in buying that coat. i mean come on u bought her an $800 coat a few weeks ago!

why not just spend like 200-300bucks and be done. surely u have paid enuff attn in 6 months of being with this girl to think of something in that price range..

what i would do..

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    also who says u have to buy just ONE thing? most girls i know love mani/pedis/massages.. that could be one thing. actually 3 things in one.. after this like get her a token 100-150 dollar something or other and take her out on a nice romantic date to a good restaurant..

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Buy her a dog.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information