View Poll Results: Is America the greatest country in the world?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 32.00%
  • No

17 68.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Yup. Canada and it sucked. I'm sure I won't find Afghanistan much better either if I ever end up going.

I'm very proud of where I come from, i'm very happy to live here. America is a phenomenal country. Does it have its faults? Sure, but there's a reason so many people all over the world want to live here and gave the freedoms we have.
    Bro i dont no anyone who wants to move to the usa. Were are you getting that info from?

And dont even talk about taxes people i paid 70k last year not happy about it.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Bro i dont no anyone who wants to move to the usa. Were are you getting that info from?

You paid 70k in taxes last year in OZ?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Could be the couple million immigrants that come to the US annually. That only includes the legal ones Im going to venture a guess that is a higher figure then any other country.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RA View Post
    Could be the couple million immigrants that come to the US annually. That only includes the legal ones Im going to venture a guess that is a higher figure then any other country.
    Lol thanks saved me the hassle of typing that out.

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    Seriously?

jakspratt001 is offline Junior Member
    I'm Dual citizen US and Canada with half of family on either side. They both have good points and bad. I think most of the crisisim of the US stems from people asking questions like "Is America the greatest country in the world?" lol. I live in Canada but I would move to the US if I could find a 120k trade job like we have here in the oil patch.

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Murica

Quote Originally Posted by jakspratt001 View Post
    I'm Dual citizen US and Canada with half of family on either side. They both have good points and bad. I think most of the crisisim of the US stems from people asking questions like "Is America the greatest country in the world?" lol. I live in Canada but I would move to the US if I could find a 120k trade job like we have here in the oil patch.
    ^This

RA
    lol cant argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jakspratt001 View Post

And that's why I love Alberta! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    You paid 70k in taxes last year in OZ?
    Ya taxes are high in australia thats what pay for everything i guess. Our highest tax rate is 48.5 cents for every dollar earnt. I think im on about 40.

Quote Originally Posted by likelifting View Post
    Seriously?
    Yea mate everyone i no lives in australia and new zealand.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Ya taxes are high in australia thats what pay for everything i guess. Our highest tax rate is 48.5 cents for every dollar earnt. I think im on about 40.
    Holy sh!t.............no wonder the jobs pay so well, they have to or your check will be SH!T.

Fvck that.........

RA
    Thats why I say captialism. Its the best. Not Obamaism.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Doesn't it irritate you that nearly half your cheque goes to bums on Centrelink?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    Holy sh!t.............no wonder the jobs pay so well, they have to or your check will be SH!T.

Fvck that.........
    Haha yes but i can go see a doctor get a proscription and get a refund from the government and get surgery and its all paid for. My gyno surgery was 6k and i was only out of pocket 800. Wages under 80k a year dont pay much tax. I just get raped cause im considered high income.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Doesn't it irritate you that nearly half your cheque goes to bums on Centrelink?
    Mate i try not to think about it ay or ill just get angry. Wish i was a low key drug dealer than i would pay no taxes.

Whats the tax rate like in the usa? How much % would a 200k a year income have to pay?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

Mate i try not to think about it ay or ill just get angry. Wish i was a low key drug dealer than i would pay no taxes.

Whats the tax rate like in the usa? How much % would a 200k a year income have to pay?
    High 30's before deductions
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

You wouldn't unless you spoke spanish..lol

It really depends on how you file. But you have federal and state(if you live in a state that has income tax). I think federal is 28%-33% for that income depending about if you're the head of the household, single, married, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post

Lol good point!

Not sure if true or not, but I've read that illegal immigration keeps legal immagration applicants from becoming citizens.

True? Not asking you specifically Sho, just a general question.

If you guys didn't have all the illegal immigrants who would make your burgers or cut your lawn? The states as we know it would crumble and a few million fat people would starve to death. Lol

Seems like we survived just fine before.

Quote Originally Posted by Soar View Post
    If you guys didn't have all the illegal immigrants who would make your burgers or cut your lawn? The states as we know it would crumble and a few million fat people would starve to death. Lol
    Neighbourhood kids and teenagers.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Didn't read the rest of the thread, just wanted to chime in with: NO.

Neighbourhood kids and teenagers.
    Lol and college students, ya know all those people that are SUPPOSED to have those jobs

Lol and college students, ya know all those people that are SUPPOSED to have those jobs
    I never understood why somebody would pay $80 to hire an illegal to mow their lawn, when they could just pay a 12 year old boy in the neighborhood $20 to do it. Kids need to have jobs like this to grow up right. It teaches them the value of working plus it gives them some money to spend.

Same with farm workers, I bet you if you offered some local kids part time work after school to pick/plant fields, they'd be willing to do it.

I never understood why somebody would pay $80 to hire an illegal to mow their lawn, when they could just pay a 12 year old boy in the neighborhood $20 to do it. Kids need to have jobs like this to grow up right. It teaches them the value of working plus it gives them some money to spend.

Same with farm workers, I bet you if you offered some local kids part time work after school to pick/plant fields, they'd be willing to do it.
    If I had to provide for my family and didn't really have another option id do field work. I'm not above any job because they all have to get done.

I don't believe unemployment is high due to a lack of jobs though. I've been to the unemployment center near where I lived in Oregon and there were thousands of jobs in Oregon waiting for people. None were cushy though, they were all less than glamorous lol, I think unemployment is high due to people not wanting to work. That's at least a large part of it in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RA View Post
    If we had conservative people leading the country it wouldnt be 30%. We dont have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem. Lots of people dont pay for their insurance. Their companies do. They will see a shitload of new taxes once Obamacare becomes fully realized. Its bad for everyone. Did I mention the sales tax in Canada? Liberal policies dont work. Its simple economics.
    most employers that offer it pay a percentage of it. So most people still pay something out of their check for insurance. My old employer paid 50% of my coverage and nothing for my wife. I still had about $200 a month come out for me and paid for my wife on her own policy for $225 a month. So add it my $425 a month i would have to pay in premiums if we had universal coverage

If I had to provide for my family and didn't really have another option id do field work. I'm not above any job because they all have to get done.

I don't believe unemployment is high due to a lack of jobs though. I've been to the unemployment center near where I lived in Oregon and there were thousands of jobs in Oregon waiting for people. None were cushy though, they were all less than glamorous lol, I think unemployment is high due to people not wanting to work. That's at least a large part of it in my mind.
    Were these jobs ones that pay a living wage? It's really not worth the effort to work at a McJob when a minimal cost of living exceeds what you could make working there. If you don't make enough slaving away at a job that doesn't pay enough to put a roof over your family's head and food on the table, your time would be better spent looking for one that does pay enough rather then spending your day there.

Were these jobs ones that pay a living wage? It's really not worth the effort to work at a McJob when a minimal cost of living exceeds what you could make working there. If you don't make enough slaving away at a job that doesn't pay enough to put a roof over your family's head and food on the table, your time would be better spent looking for one that does pay enough rather then spending your day there.
    I agree, when people say there are alot of jobs they aren't good ones. And if your working full time for $8 an hour trying to support a family when are you going to be able to search or go on an interview for a better job?

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Ok here is my response to the question. Absolutely Yes! And I'll tell you why. We Americans are the most caring and giving of Nations in the World Bar None! When it comes to tragedy anywhere in the world America responds first with Manpower, supplies, aid, money and anything else the desperate country in need is in need of. And for that reason alone, sets the US Apart from all other nations..........IMO No one else can match our heartfelt generosity around the world. Look what we have done in Africa on stopping Aids, supplying all medicines necessary to corral the disease and stopping world hunger. And the list goes on and on.

Shol'va ill give you that we are good with aid and charity

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I agree, when people say there are alot of jobs they aren't good ones. And if your working full time for $8 an hour trying to support a family when are you going to be able to search or go on an interview for a better job?
    Usually, $8hr jobs wont even hire full-time and if they do, regularly the worker will get sent home early so the employer can cut back on man hours. And if you look at how the last quarter was, things are about to get worse.

Usually, $8hr jobs wont even hire full-time and if they do, regularly the worker will get sent home early so the employer can cut back on man hours. And if you look at how the last quarter was, things are about to get worse.
    You are correct about that. Its not just the economy but its supply and demand too, There are alot of people looking for jobs or better ones. So they know they can hire someone at that pay rate and for most low skilled jobs the cost of training someone isnt high. So they dont need to give raises or take care of an employee to keep them.

i went for an interview for a management position. They wanted over 5 years experience and alot of qualifications. At the interview they wanted to pay $12 an hour, i laughed and left

Some were low paying others were in the mid to upper teens. Many required very odd hours or some labor

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Ok here is my response to the question. Absolutely Yes! And I'll tell you why. We Americans are the most caring and giving of Nations in the World Bar None! When it comes to tragedy anywhere in the world America responds first with Manpower, supplies, aid, money and anything else the desperate country in need is in need of. And for that reason alone, sets the US Apart from all other nations..........IMO No one else can match our heartfelt generosity around the world. Look what we have done in Africa on stopping Aids, supplying all medicines necessary to corral the disease and stopping world hunger. And the list goes on and on.
    well said sholva

Some were low paying others were in the mid to upper teens. Many required very odd hours or some labor
    On the west coast, you can't raise a family on a mid-upper teen wage. I remember in some propaganda news story to sway public opinion on illegal immigration, a farm owner near Yuma was claiming that he needs illegals because he can't find enough legal workers. The truth is he's looking to pay a wage you couldn't get anyone here legally to accept. So in other words, he was looking to exploit cheap labour and in doing so, exploit desperate people.

Im sorry but your post just sounds to american to me. Heres the view of a 24 year old non american. Your not the only country in the world that donates or responds first. Read up on solomon islands, east timor etc The fact that you donate more money than other nations is because your the worlds biggest economy. I would like to see facts on % of gnp who actually donates the most. And the reason you respond first inalot of situations is because your normaly close you have bases all over the world and one of the few countries that has a quick reaction force. With your aircraft carriers and your marine fleet force(whatever you call them).

And you seem so proud to help otheres but why do you not help your own country first? No health care, millions of poor people. Alot of ilegal immigrants, high unemployment, high crime etc etc. one needs to build a house before he can
    Instruct Others to do so.

And that was nit ment to be anti american it is just my thoughts so dont take offence to it mate.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information